• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

reminiscence of primary school days......

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ya i know that cherry....used to climb the trees and pluck the cherries when they were ripe. The branches although thin were quite sturdy.

Used to climb the trees also when during the kite season, the kite hanyut and got stuck in the upper branches.

I remember eating buah susu which is a fruit and the small cherries which when unripe can be used as bullets for a wooden rifle using rubber band to propel the missile.

that small hard cone-liked fruits that look like mini-durians are the seeds of the casuarina trees. beside eating wild buah susu (small native wild passionfruit), there was always the forever fruiting sweet singapore cherry tree that not only provide good shade but lots of small red ripe cherries which incidentally many birds liked it too.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya i know that cherry....used to climb the trees and pluck the cherries when they were ripe. The branches although thin were quite sturdy.

Used to climb the trees also when during the kite season, the kite hanyut and got stuck in the upper branches.

In Ponggol these trees can be found beneathe the LRT on the road to Ponggol Plaza. They are now fenced because lots of people were plucking the ripe cherries, me too.:biggrin:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
aiya why you didnt call me to join you? we can makan the ripe fruit and then collect the unripe ones to use as ammo and shoot knnbccb.

Target his botak head :p

I remember eating buah susu which is a fruit and the small cherries which when unripe can be used as bullets for a wooden rifle using rubber band to propel the missile.

In Ponggol these trees can be found beneathe the LRT on the road to Ponggol Plaza. They are now fenced because lots of people were plucking the ripe cherries, me too.:biggrin:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ah ok ...used to love those cherries. Sometimes some of the trees were along the main road and we'd just eat the ripe cherries off the

tree...dust and all. Still managed to survive altho i think got some brain damage.

When you have the opportunity driving around there you should take the route following the LRT.

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
you guys ah......make me go and dig through my old stuff. I knew I had it somewhere.

Enjoy, up my points please. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Trump Cards
TrumpCard.jpg

Last edited:

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about these......
GoliGoli.jpg

I put in the 20c coin for perspective so that the younger ones have a better feel. The top row was a milk coloured marble followed by 2 clay "fighting" marbles. You can see the battle scars and I backside itchy used a black marker and coloured the 2nd one. the middle is in original colour.

The bottom row has a standard size marble still available today and a mini marble.

Enjoy, up points please. thanks.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
great stuff bro....will up you soon ......promise :smile:

How about these......

Goli.jpg

I put in the 20c coin for perspective so that the younger ones have a better feel. The top row was a milk coloured marble followed by 2 clay "fighting" marbles. You can see the battle scars and I backside itchy used a black marker and coloured the 2nd one. the middle is in original colour.

The bottom row has a standard size marble still available today and a mini marble.

Enjoy, up points please. thanks.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was in higher level chinese learning when i was in primary, then i just joined the drama society in secondary, and choir in cjc when i was there for 1st 3 months. i was more into hanging at marina square then.

Talking cock again, there was no such thing as Higher Chinese at primary level unless you're from a traditional Chinese school, should be extinct by the time you were born. There's only CL1 in SAP schools and Higher Chinese in JCs linked to or with enough intake from SAP schools to form at least a Higher Chinese class.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking cock again, there was no such thing as Higher Chinese at primary level unless you're from a traditional Chinese school, should be extinct by the time you were born. There's only CL1 in SAP schools and Higher Chinese in JCs linked to or with enough intake from SAP schools to form at least a Higher Chinese class.

whether you believe or not won't make me fly! btw, crown prince and i are from the same alumni.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whether you believe or not won't make me fly! btw, crown prince and i are from the same alumni.

If it's CJC you're talking about, fine. But this thread is about pri. sch. Sometimes you're confused and confusing, or drunk!

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's CJC you're talking about, fine. But this thread is about pri. sch. Sometimes you're confused and confusing, or drunk!

no...i meant primary,i was one of the few in achool selected to do this level of chinese.

AlamakQueen

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was in secondary school, all the boys in the school loves to gather around me when we play zero point. I also don't know why :confused:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no...i meant primary,i was one of the few in achool selected to do this level of chinese.

Me too. But my time and sch., it was option, not selection, since my pri. sch. had a Chinese wing teaching CL1. How to make selection from kindergarten? You must be a genius that knew three characters, four books and five classics since kindergarten!

When I was in secondary school, all the boys in the school loves to gather around me when we play zero point. I also don't know why :confused:

You can't play zero point with Alamaking or Hotbot now. They've both grown too fat to jump and skip.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

These fruits.

cherry1.png

cherry.png

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember there are these tree with red hard seeds, very small, and we collect it to play.