• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

reminiscence of primary school days......

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Raiders said:
Looking at all the posts suddenly make me feel so young. Anyone still retain the skill to "rub" marbles uncle they become like a ball of fragmented glass? We used to spend our time after school doing that and the end product would be a "champion" marble.

I remember rubbing stone marbles to make it more hot which gave you the psychological feeling that it was more hot and accurate when you shot it.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I remember rubbing stone marbles to make it more hot which gave you the psychological feeling that it was more hot and accurate when you shot it.

me remembered rubbing rubber seeds fast and furious before letting it go into the back of my friend's shirt :o:o:o
me regretted doing that after seeing tears rolling down his eyes, was bloody painful.

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
you guys ah......make me go and dig through my old stuff. I knew I had it somewhere.

Enjoy, up my points please. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Trump Cards
TrumpCard.jpg

Wow... you still have them after all these years. Thanks for posting and sharing the pics!

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
KAKA! these snacks came with a small plastic toy if me remembered correctly. figurines from He-man series to mini-planes.

Ah yes.... Back then, I bought these snacks at the school's tuckshop more for the small plastic toys than the snack. Cost about 20c or 25c then in the late 70s? Can't really recall. There was also another snack called "Kuai Kuai" that was bundled with a small plastic toy too.

Aside from these snacks, there were also magazines such as "Funland" and "Yippee". Used to buy them to read the short stories inside.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about these......
GoliGoli.jpg

I put in the 20c coin for perspective so that the younger ones have a better feel. The top row was a milk coloured marble followed by 2 clay "fighting" marbles. You can see the battle scars and I backside itchy used a black marker and coloured the 2nd one. the middle is in original colour.

The bottom row has a standard size marble still available today and a mini marble.

Enjoy, up points please. thanks.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

the tiny marbles, the kids once used it to play guessing game. this game could be played by many players. each would clench and hide a certain number of the small golis in their clenched hand and everyone start guessing the total numbers of golis that added up from everyone's clenched hand. the one who guessed correctly win everyone's golis.

this game was quite fun and enterprising. for the loser who wanted to continue playing but had no more golis, he could always buy from the one who had the most. it was already a small time biz going on when the kids were playing their games. some of them actually become very rich successful businessmen now perhaps from the games that they learned when they were kids.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see what you mean. Yes, those seeds are fun to play with and sometimes used as the small stones to insert into cloths to make 5 stones.

another way of playing the red saga seeds was to splash onto the floor. then using the pinky finger, the player would have to cross in between the space of 2 red beads. after that, he would have to shoot one of the red bead using the same pinky finger to hit the other one directly opposite after crossing the space with the little pinky. if it hit the targeted bead, he wins that bead. he then repeat with another pair of beads. he would lose his turn after he misses the target when he shoots by flipping his little pinky finger.

the game continues until all the beads have been won. it can then be repeated with each opponent waging equal number of beads to resume the game.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget the paper pellets we rolled and formed from old exercise books. Enjoined the 4 pieces of rubber bands to make part of the elastic that will shoot those paper pellets. I used it to shoot at lizards and at targets.

we were more ingenious when making missile firing gadgets. we could use lallang blade which were aplenty last time because of barren lands. lallang has a tough central vein. u need to break the leaf balde on the right and left so that the main vein stands out like a stick. holding the 2 left/right blades on the thumb and forefinger of the left hand, the 2 blades are then pulled strongly downwards by the right hand and off the mid lallang vein would be sent flying to hit the target. quite dangerous it pokes the eye.

another shooting gadget were modified from drinking straw. we would used those fatter straw and for the missle, we used green beans. just put the bean into the straw. then put straw into mouth, aim at target and give a strong sharp blow. off the bean would shoot out to hit target. quite painful if hit on the face. again, be careful not to hit eyes.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
me too...used to shoot at lizards but not with paper pellets ..... i used more dangerous ammo when my erection was more rigid. Aim wasnt good

though.

we used to make "rubber dragon" from typing up many rubber bands. the end object looked like a little "dragon"which we used to shoot lizard with. very powderful. once hit, the lizard was as good as dead.

another fun way was to catch the lizard alive. bet not many know that trick. coconut brooms were once very popular among the household. a brand new coconut broom was made out of the coconut leaf-veins which were long. the end of the stick was soft and very flexible. what we did was to tie a "live" loop with the softer end of the coconut stick. in the loop, a small cotton ball was tied. this was suppose to be the lizard bait. dunno why, but lizard then seem to be attracted to such cotton ball.

the trick wa to insert the cotton bait coconut stick into some crevices where the lizard was hiding. when u felt a tug on the stick, it meant that a lizard had taken the bait. in one swift pull, u withdraw the coconut stick from the crevice and if u r lucky, sure enough u would have caught a lizard dangling from the tighten coconut noose.

what would one do with the caught lizard? well, it was quite brutal. it would hang up for target practice with the poor lizard struggling to free itself. usually it ended up dead when some sharp shooter hit a bull-eye with their casuarina diy gun. the body would be fed to the ducks or cat or the pet monster gourami or oscar fish which were quite popular fish pet then. arrowana hadn't come into the picture yet during those era.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arh... still remember there are uncles near market who will put up a board for kids to pay 10¢ or 20¢ and can select any boxes u like. If u are lucky, u will win 10¢, 20¢, 50¢ or up to $1.

gambling was already with the kids then. it was called TIKAM-TIKAM.

the ice-cream man would come daily in his tricycle ringing his bell incessantly to attract the kids. a horde would swarm in. ice-cream man last time was enterprising. he devised a simple game which was a painted swing arrow-shaped stick which could be rotated over a board of color segments. children could bought his ice-cream and take a swing on his tikam board. b4 swinging, he would tell the ice cream the color the arrow was going to stop. if he guessed it right, he could have another ice lollipop for free.

don't think it should be called ice-cream cos it was made up of different colored ice syrup water. ice lollipop should be more appropriate. later, it became really home-made ice-cream which are now quite uncommon to find. those new type of ice creams were a fave then. it was scooped out in balls onto a crispy wafer cone which sold for like 5c per ball or 10c for 3 balls all stacked up on the wafer. it was also served in paper cup with a small wooden spatula which was more expensive - 3 for !0c. it didn't sell in single scoop. and yes, u could have different flavours if u were ordering the multi-balls scoop. the flavours then were quite simple: red-bean, durian, coconut, chocolate and atap-seeds.

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun think so bro...i think i know the type you mean...not very big right?....about the size of a clenched fist with some kind of

light foil cover.

When in primary school, my frens called me Erection Chua cos my prick was on full erection most of the time.

We also had a fren who wanted a Western name and we called him Clitoris Ang.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hahaha...like the origin of your name.....mine is different...i called myself erection cos i hope the name will bring about the actuality :smile:

When in primary school, my frens called me Erection Chua cos my prick was on full erection most of the time.

We also had a fren who wanted a Western name and we called him Clitoris Ang.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall when playing marbles, the players each put 5 cents and the coins are placed between 2 marbles like so.
\\\0 0 0 0l0 0 0l0 0l0_0l0_\
/// /

From a good distance a player has to shoot his Goondu marble an attempt to hit the ones with the coins and claimed those knocked off the line including coins if any. I cannot recall it properly.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recall when playing marbles, the players each put 5 cents and the coins are placed between 2 marbles like so.
/// /

From a good distance a player has to shoot his Goondu marble an attempt to hit the ones with the coins and claimed those knocked off the line including coins if any. I cannot recall it properly.

Another one was each player place a coin into a drawn circle.
From other end players try to knock out or touch the coins to get a 'license'.
Coins knocked out of circle can be kept.
Players with license can take aim at other players marbles to eliminate them, the last player standing get to keep remaining coins left in circle.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ya i do recall playing these various marble games but it was better later when the girls played marbles with me.....i lent them my 2 marbles.

/// /