• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is European competition. When favorites play visitors that's where you have to be careful because home team has tremendous support from their fans. Not surprised to see weaker teams draw at home. :biggrin:
but at home against the weaker team, the handicap will balloon.:eek:
yesterday away, Barca 2.5, if at home, it could 3.75.:eek:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah and he replaced injury time goal scorer Ramsey with Rosicky after 66 minutes. :eek: They will be playing host to WBA on Saturday.
it is WBA, i tot he rested the players taking the risk becuz wkend has big match.
this french is gay.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah and he replaced injury time goal scorer Ramsey with Rosicky after 66 minutes. :eek: They will be playing host to WBA on Saturday.

think wanker needs to rest RVP...because he knows, if he injured or off form, he kee siao liao...

RVP is the only one carrying Arsenal for the moment.

another factor, he can afford to draw Marseille. They are still leading.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why did Sideshow Bob take the penalty in the 1st place?

Because AVB said that in that game the penalty takers would either be David Luiz or Nicholas Anelka.
149624425391a3db61677762fb305679796d7bc9.gif

And now the moment of truth. In my earlier posts, i have said that weaker teams will get a draw at home with tremendous support from their home fans if they failed to win at home and Napoli, BATE, GENK were among them. This will be an interesting game to watch because both are attacking teams and i like to watch Napoli play. Let's hope that E.Lavezzi would not go to Manchester City in exchange for wayward Tevez or to any other clubs. :biggrin:

Heynckes eyes European glory

2 November 2011

12427280880.jpg

Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes has heaped praise on his players and claims the Germans are capable of reaching the Champions League final.

The Bundesliga leaders have been in scintillating form this season and top Group A in Europe's most prestigious club competition.

Bayern were drawn in a difficult group alongside Napoli, Manchester City and Villarreal, but lead the section with two victories and one draw so far.

After a 1-1 stalemate at Napoli a fortnight ago, Bayern are preparing for the visit of the Serie A club to the Allianz Arena, and Heynckes says his side are firmly focused on their own preparations.

"We are not aiming for other teams," he said. "Bayern are so dominant that other teams aim for us."
"Napoli run a lot, are aggressive and disciplined. That will make them dangerous for us.

We are very well prepared and know how the opposition will play."
"Naturally, we will want to win. With a win we can distance ourselves from the competition."

Bayern are being tipped as strong contenders for the Champions League title and the 66-year-old appears to agree with that notion.
"

After the draw, it was known as the 'group of death' and now we are doing well," Heynckes said. "There are some strong teams, but why should the final be impossible for us?"

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New Paper reported AVB is the most unsuccessful coach compared with the previous 5-6 coach so far, by matches ratio, 3 defeats at this time is considered bad.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday's matches weren't so good. Arsenal beat chelsea 5-3 couldn't even score 1 goal against some unknown team. Chelsea drew with genka i think. Ac milan also drew. The only team that got it correct by a large number of ppl was newcastle either would draw or win stoke.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday's matches weren't so good. Arsenal beat chelsea 5-3 couldn't even score 1 goal against some unknown team. Chelsea drew with genka i think. Ac milan also drew. The only team that got it correct by a large number of ppl was newcastle either would draw or win stoke.

What unknown team? You are glued to BPL too much that's why. Teams that can qualify to play in the Champions League are champs in their own domestic leagues. Olympique Marseille is the club that thrashed German Bundesliga Champions 2010 Borussia Dortmund 3-0. :biggrin:

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like his name...

mai-tan, mai-tan...scoot,...LOL

Nicolas Gaitan: Why Man Utd boss Ferguson sees him as Scholes successor
Submitted by Chris Beattie on Wed, 11/02/2011 - 05:02
ferguson2_bg_78.jpg

A full international before 20, he's a reserved character, supremely gifted and admired by<abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Sir Alex Ferguson</abbr>.
No, we're not talking about Phil Jones or his <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Manchester United</abbr> teammate Chris Smalling, but Nicolas Gaitan, the exciting <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Benfica</abbr> winger, whose not only won public praise from Sir Alex, but also younger brother Martin, United's chief scout.
The Argentine has just returned to Europe after a recall to the national team by new coach Alejandro Sabella. Flying in the Champions League with <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Benfica</abbr>, Gaitan was singled out by United manager Ferguson after last month's 1-1 draw in Lisbon. The previous week, Martin Ferguson was spotted at a<abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Benfica</abbr> game on a scouting trip and confessed his admiration for the 20 year-old.
Gaitan's agent, Jose Iribarren, has already acknowledged the interest of bigger clubs since the start of the season: "I know there are big clubs watching Gaitán, but so far no one has contacted me to express interest in an official way."
While Ferguson pulled back on <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Wesley Sneijder</abbr>, the <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Inter Milan</abbr> playmaker, over concerns he would block the progress of midfield-types like <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Paul Pogba</abbr> and Ryan Tunnicliffe, it can be argued Gaitan offers something different to what United's FA Youth Cup winners possess.
A left-sided winger blessed with pace and dynamic individual skill, Gaitan was signed 18 months ago by <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Benfica</abbr> as a direct replacement for Angel di Maria, following his sale to <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Real Madrid</abbr>. While some inside the club questioned shelling out €8.4 million for the then <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Boca Juniors</abbr> prospect, they took assurance from the famed Argentine talent spotter, Ramón Maddoni, that this kid was the real deal.
Fernando Redondo, <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Carlos Tevez</abbr>, Esteban Cambiasso, Juan Roman Riquelme, Juan Pablo Sorin, Fernando Gago, Emilio Insúa, the list runs long of Argentine players first uncovered by the canny eye of Maddoni.
Of Gaitan, he's as enthusiastic as he was when first seeing <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Manchester City</abbr> striker Tevez and Boca legend Riquelme.
"Within two to three years, Nico will be worth €40 million," Maddoni defiantly says. "He has all the ability to bring as much joy to <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Benfica</abbr> fans as Di Maria did.
"He's at the same level as Di Maria. He has a great change of pace and is very intelligent."
It was Maddoni who first spotted Gaitan for Boca when just eight years of age playing futsal for Jose Paz, just outside the capital, Buenos Aries.
While frail, Gaitan displayed plenty of talent as Maddoni explained, "We just worked on the fundamentals. He had the ability, the speed, the aggression. We just worked to improve this further."
Even before breaking into the Boca first team, the club's massive support were already well aware of Gaitan, with the young teen being dubbed 'El Canhoto Maravilha' - 'The Lefty Wonder'.
For all the excitement Gaitan brings to fans, his reserved nature is almost legendary in Argentina. The midfielder is known for his love of an afternoon kip and his humility has charmed the usually ruthless local media corp.
While at Boca, his agent offered to buy Gaitan a car. But the midfielder knocked it back, insisting he was happier travelling to and from the training ground on the train with his teammates.
"I was with my friends," he says, "and if I'm happy with how things are, why change?"
Even the reaction to his first call-up to the senior Argentina squad suggests Gaitan isn't likely to allow the game's riches to go to his head.
"<abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Diego</abbr> (Maradona) often calls me to see how I am," recalls Gaitan, who is close to the Boca and Argentine icon. "I thought he was just seeing how I was.
"But then he told me I'd been selected. I couldn't believe it. I don't think anyone did when it was made public. But psychologically, it was a very important step for me."
At Boca, as Maddoni conceded, there were doubts about him physically and Gaitan almost quit after spending a season training with the first team, but without actually getting a call.
But others recognised his talent and at 18, <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Almeria</abbr> came in for him with a €750,000 offer for a four-year option. But both Boca and Gaitan turned it down.
"Maddoni always told me to stay with Boca, because he trusted that I would play. He gave the example of Gago (of <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Real Madrid</abbr>), who played in the juniors for some time and later left as a star," says Gaitan.
Less than two years after that <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Almeria</abbr> offer, Gaitan was being sold to <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Benfica</abbr> for €8.4 million and is now on the wanted lists of Europe's biggest clubs, including United.
But the Premier League champions will face competition for the Argentine should <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Benfica</abbr> choose to sell.
As Iribarren warns, Gaitan's profile is fast growing across Europe, with <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Inter Milan</abbr> scouts among those keeping United's reps company at the Estádio da Luz this season.
<abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Benfica</abbr>'s board are pleased with themselves, having just secured Gaitan's signature to a new five-year contract. But many observers believe the move is just in preparation of a sale in 2012, with his new deal including a £40 million buyout clause. <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Benfica</abbr> know Gaitan won't push for a move and can use his release clause as a jumping off point for any expected auction.
Indeed, despite the new contract, the midfielder remains on Ferguson's radar, with intermediaries making it known that the Scot sees Gaitan as a more affordable alternative to <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Inter Milan</abbr>'s<abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Wesley Sneijder</abbr>. While predominantly a winger, Ferguson's spies are convinced the youngster can be used centrally.
Quiet, humble and tipped for greatness, all Gaitan is missing is the ginger hair and you can see why Ferguson has been so determined in his pursuit of the young lad from San Martin.