• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rolex Submariner 116610LN - Full Review ONE whole HOUR!

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes this was one of the more obscure brands out there. I almost bought the Incursore model 10 years back. Love the big 47mm, clean, contrasty super legible face. Was quoted around $800-$900 if I recalled correctly. Clear back as well. After much thought, gave up idea as I have too many watches liao...

View attachment 86687
I have this with Unitas 6497 and small seconds hand at 9 o'clock area. $777 from hour glass

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I acquired a new hobby in frankensteining mechanical watches now. Currently shopping a clone Breitling Blackbird Avenger with a separate Miyota 9015 movement for a total of approx SGD200 and getting a watch technician to assemble it.
Those days of expensive mechanical watches are over for me now. Watches are no longer their true value now, thanks to inflation.

View attachment 86582 View attachment 86583
Just recalled you posted about creating your own watch. Same here! But I mod the SKX007, done three thus far for my own use. Great hobby to kill time, and having the satisfaction of wearing our own creation. But really tough on aging eyes! Swapped out the 7s26s with NH35/36s. And the usual change of dials, hands, bezel, bezel inserts, sapphire crystal. The cutting of the stem to length in order to fit the new movement is always the toughest part. Thought of starting on a new project, so many nice cases. movements etc on aliexpress. :biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just recalled you posted about creating your own watch. Same here! But I mod the SKX007, done three thus far for my own use. Great hobby to kill time, and having the satisfaction of wearing our own creation. But really tough on aging eyes! Swapped out the 7s26s with NH35/36s. And the usual change of dials, hands, bezel, bezel inserts, sapphire crystal. The cutting of the stem to length in order to fit the new movement is always the toughest part. Thought of starting on a new project, so many nice cases. movements etc on aliexpress. :biggrin:
Some YouTubers actually mod watches as a business. Damn smart if you ask me. Earn from viewership as well as sales of watches.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I get somebody to do it. My eyes are no longer as good as before.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
am I the only one here wearing Garmin Fenix 6 lol....
Untitled.png

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why watch-lovers should start DIYing their own watches by sourcing casing, straps and movements themselves.
from original manufacturers or oem’s in europe or suppliers in prc? if you think some of the parts are made in and shipped from europe, think twice. prc frauds have been setting up fake goods factories in europe and cranking out parts and products that mimic the real stuff.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from original manufacturers or oem’s in europe or suppliers in prc? if you think some of the parts are made in and shipped from europe, think twice. prc frauds have been setting up fake goods factories in europe and cranking out parts and products that mimic the real stuff.
ETA movements are also made in China. If you are really concerned about this than perhaps it is better to spend big money from watch boutiques to buy yourself a piece of mind.