• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rolex Submariner 116610LN - Full Review ONE whole HOUR!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The old submariner looked far better. The new one does not blend in with the bracelet because it is too wide.
That's one of my main complaints. They widened the case but stuck with 20mm lug width. I guess they want to stick with tradition. Tudors are 22mm, hence more in proportion.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's wearable but no longer looks elegant when it's too chunky. Instead of blending with the wrist it looks like a clock has been strapped on.
I see a lot of well-off ladies wearing Panerais and they have no problem with the big size....

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Say what u like.. Rolex sports watches are still the most sought after. Price of an old sub 60s to 70s without date n in original good condition would easily fetch @least 20k now.. Not to mention those old Explorer orange hand, Sea Dwellers etc.....

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see a lot of well-off ladies wearing Panerais and they have no problem with the big size....
It's a pity Panerai screwed themselves! They were doing very well till they came out with too many models n variations.. Price suddenly just nose dived for the re-sale mkt for Panerais..

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can Sinkies wear Rolex and take SBS bus and Smrt ? Got discount when buy groceries in Seng Shiong ?
U talk like that than whats the point ppl buy expensive cars, travel 1st class n dine in expensive restaurants? It's affordability, if u can afford it, why not live a good life? After all u also can't bring it along with u to the next world! LOL

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I acquired a new hobby in frankensteining mechanical watches now. Currently shopping a clone Breitling Blackbird Avenger with a separate Miyota 9015 movement for a total of approx SGD200 and getting a watch technician to assemble it.
Those days of expensive mechanical watches are over for me now. Watches are no longer their true value now, thanks to inflation.

Annotation 2020-07-18 190639.jpg
Annotation 2020-07-18 190639.jpg

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a pity Panerai screwed themselves! They were doing very well till they came out with too many models n variations.. Price suddenly just nose dived for the re-sale mkt for Panerais..
Actually some of the clones look much better than the originals. Panerai fucked themselves by pricing it out of this world, forcing watch-lovers to go for the fakes.

unnamed.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can Sinkies wear Rolex and take SBS bus and Smrt ? Got discount when buy groceries in Seng Shiong ?
can leave one in toilet drawer for guests to tell time, in order for them not to spend too much time shitting their arses out from food poisoning.