• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rolex Submariner 116610LN - Full Review ONE whole HOUR!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thanks for the tip. I've been looking at it for a long time. Am actually quite pantang about someone else's watch. Who knows what bad vibes it has? Maybe on day I'll get over it and make the leap. If I know it's been worn by someone I respect, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. :wink::wink: (wink, wink)

just please don't quote me crazy prices... :laugh:

I'm not selling because the watch has too much history and stores too many memories for me. It will probably follow me to my grave. :smile:

The chrono24 site allows you try on the watch by giving you an option to configure your wrist width and see whether it looks right.

My wrist is only 5cm so the 42mm explorer II looks too chunky on me. I think the limit for me is probably 39/40mm.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I'm not selling because the watch has too much history and stores too many memories for me. It will probably follow me to my grave. :smile:

The chrono24 site allows you try on the watch by giving you an option to configure your wrist width and see whether it looks right.

My wrist is only 5cm so the 42mm explorer II looks too chunky on me. I think the limit for me is probably 39/40mm.
Of course your wrist is 5cm lah, you eat like a church mouse.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Of course your wrist is 5cm lah, you eat like a church mouse.

Dinner...

IMG_7464.jpg

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, interesting paper. But it didn't state old age. All else being equal, being slimmer and having a lighter weight will cause the heart to work less hard. That's my logic. :biggrin:
that's not the original paper I found though. I can't find it and my memory as you well know is crap. There was one with age in it.... But as far as the heart is concerned, I agree with you.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

no worries. I perfectly understand. Which is why I shoulda bought one myself ages ago. *facepalm* of course I couldn't resist giving it a good old fashioned try anyway... :laugh:

the 115200 series just has that clunky look. Something about the shoulders doesn't sit right with me. I wish I could put my finger on it. The one you have 15200 blends with your wrist. Lacking the ability to go back in time, I've been considering the 39mm...

I've got a 42 and 40 and a 38. 42 is too clunky and a 38 is barely passable. I like the explorer II too. But why oh why 42? If it was the 39mm, then I may bite. And I can't stand the black face 39 explorer. Something about black faces that really turns me off.

If I can find an unworn 15200.... :biggrin:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I can't take good photos of still life, really suck at it.
sam is pretty darn good. he can give you a few tips I'm sure. A quick glance at your photo tells me your lighting is "off". Couldn't tell you what you should do for sure, but you only have 1 point source. I think you need a better or more sources of light to do well with still life.

1595422263743.png

or maybe this

1595422279696.png

I am verifiably an amateur though so really sam is the man to ask.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
sam is pretty darn good. he can give you a few tips I'm sure. A quick glance at your photo tells me your lighting is "off". Couldn't tell you what you should do for sure, but you only have 1 point source. I think you need a better or more sources of light to do well with still life.

View attachment 86962

or maybe this

View attachment 86963

Alrighty, point noted. Thank you :thumbsup::biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

View attachment 86962

or maybe this

View attachment 86963

A watch is one of the hardest things on earth to photograph well.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
A watch is one of the hardest things on earth to photograph well.
oh.. have never tried to photograph a watch. I'll take your highly-skilled opinion on it.

I guess if I think about it it makes sense. Silly thing is designed to catch and reflect light. Jewellery for men. Most surfaces absorb or don't reflect light. I guess you really have to be sophisticated at it.