• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rolex Submariner 116610LN - Full Review ONE whole HOUR!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ETA movements are also made in China. If you are really concerned about this than perhaps it is better to spend big money from watch boutiques to buy yourself a piece of mind.
i don’t collect timepieces. the iphone is now my timeteller, and very soon an apple watch as it’s versatile to behave like a health monitor.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then your comment to us watch lovers is moot as your iPhone is made in China too.
design in california, made in china. that's the best manufactured product coming out of china, thanks to taiwanese foxconn and american apple for strict quality control.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
My current watch is 36mm looking to go to a 39mm.
yeah. just found this thread. you have the only watch I ever dreamed of having. Wish I was into automatics then. Tried looking at the latest range, but the 36 looks wrong for some reason. Bloated thing. The dateless 39 is the only one of the new range that even looks appropriate on me, but I wish I could go back in time and buy one. The rhodium 39 is nice. Very technical looking.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
true. it actually saved the life of my desi tenant. she went to the 2nd storey balcony of my sillycon valley home and accidentally locked herself out as sliding door to balcony was faulty and could latch on the inside if slammed too hard. that was exactly what happened. she slammed the door from balcony to keep cool air inside intact as it was 93f outside. couldn’t get in, couldn’t climb, couldn’t jump. her iphone was inside. but, luckily for her, she wore her apple watch! she called me from the balcony, and i was able to find a spare key to get into the home to unlock the sliding door. it took a couple of hours but she was being baked under the hot afternoon sun. told her to break the glass door with a rod in storage room at balcony during an emergency but she was too dizzy to think straight. anyway she saved my door, and i saved her. otherwise she would die there from heat stroke, and nobody would know until her parents tried to reach her from india. i have to conduct welfare checks on her after that, but nobody conducts welfare checks on me. damn!
@nayr69sg. calgary to california quick flight no??

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
High beat and spring drive are way more accurate and even better craftmanship but not sure whether they appreciate as well. I wouldn't buy a quartz watch though.
Springdrive is technically a quartz watch where a swinging rotor charges the capacitor.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
yeah. just found this thread. you have the only watch I ever dreamed of having. Wish I was into automatics then. Tried looking at the latest range, but the 36 looks wrong for some reason. Bloated thing. The dateless 39 is the only one of the new range that even looks appropriate on me, but I wish I could go back in time and buy one. The rhodium 39 is nice. Very technical looking.

I'm sure you can buy one on sites like chrono24.com

This one looks exactly like mine. https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/oyster-perpetual-date-1972-ref-1500-full-set--id12901727.htm

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure you can buy one on sites like chrono24.com

This one looks exactly like mine. https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/oyster-perpetual-date-1972-ref-1500-full-set--id12901727.htm
Thanks for the tip. I've been looking at it for a long time. Am actually quite pantang about someone else's watch. Who knows what bad vibes it has? Maybe on day I'll get over it and make the leap. If I know it's been worn by someone I respect, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. :wink::wink: (wink, wink)

just please don't quote me crazy prices... :laugh: