• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renault Fluence - Good or not?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GoldenDragon said:
Bro, must it be a brand new car? Don't you feel heart pain when kena scratch here and there or kena dent? 100k budget can get you some good 2nd hand cars. When I was younger, everything must be new. Nowadays different. Bought a 2nd hand E200 then sold it off and yet didn't lose a single cent. Made some money.

Agree with you. Need be a new car. A one or two year old car can save you 25 to 30% on the cost of ownership. Anyway most people are driving a car that is like 3 year old, whether they had bought it new or old. So what is the difference,

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with you. Need be a new car. A one or two year old car can save you 25 to 30% on the cost of ownership. Anyway most people are driving a car that is like 3 year old, whether they had bought it new or old. So what is the difference,

Age lah bro. When I was much younger, same same. MUST have new car. Owned 5 new cars before. Always very careful when driving. Other cars come close, very nervous. Park car must find corner lot. Kena dent heart very painful. Those were the days.

Now I suka suka park anywhere. Backlanes in Geylang also bo hew. Cars come near also don't bother. Dents doesn't bother me anymore.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamaking said:
Pls lah, my 1st choice car cant even sian a woman, I need a car to bring my family around, especially my mum, she cant walk long distance.

My budget is 100k, i dun like to buy common cars.... something different is nice, so i looking at other brands like Kia, Renault and Citroen etc etc....

If it is for chasing char bo, there is a cheap two-seated, mid-engine looking (but not mid-engine), sports car design Kia. Don't know the exact model but should be reasonably cheap.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GoldenDragon said:
Please do not shatter my dream leh. I was eagerly anticipating the hotel appointment.

Then be the invisible man. Cover yourself head to toes in white.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is for chasing char bo, there is a cheap two-seated, mid-engine looking (but not mid-engine), sports car design Kia. Don't know the exact model but should be reasonably cheap.
Thats the Cerato Forte Koup, not what I wanted lah. For 100k, there's not much to choose for a Sedan car, Renault Fluence and Megane, Kia Cerato Forte, Honda Civic, Toyota Altis and Vios, Hyundai Elantra, Chevrolet Cruze and Mitsubishi Lancer

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fook Seng said:

Forgotten to add, foldable top as well.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamaking said:
Thats the Cerato Forte Koup, not what I wanted lah. For 100k, there's not much to choose for a Sedan car, Renault Fluence and Megane, Kia Cerato Forte, Honda Civic, Toyota Altis and Vios, Hyundai Elantra, Chevrolet Cruze and Mitsubishi Lancer

What do you want us to comment? Price or reliability?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Proton is actually a decent car that many Sinkies despise because the looks are not fantastic, or they look down on it because it's made in Mudland.

It gets you from point A to point B, doesn't break down often, handles well and has an okay fuel mileage.

What more do you want?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Price is a factor, but i dun want common cars, LOL

Keep the money and come to ROC. For the same amount, you can get a very uncommon car like this:

3122195390.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hell where the f did I go missing this thread about Toyotas. LOL. Must be my slow brewing of my fish maw soup that made me miss this.

Anyway Alamaking "I really don't know what to say" 100k and so little choice in Singapore, please la I not suan you but I really don't know what to say about buying cars in Singapore now a days. I think better go for a reliable car la. Korean car looks very nice like the Hyundai Sonata or even Elantra. I was told reliability is right up there on the top.

I was never a Toyota guy always Nissan and then Lexus in between conti and once biten twice shy no more conti for me ever that's how I discovered Lexus. But Lexus here in Thailand more expensive than Singapore so could only have an RX now. Next month they are launching the new GS damn itchy already but got to jai-yen-yen buy a pickup truck first mid-year then think of the GS later.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Keep the money and come to ROC. For the same amount, you can get a very uncommon car like this:

3122195390.jpg

Even Corolla and Camry in Taiwan is much cheaper than in Thailand and these are made in Thailand, fucking car companies in Thailand making lots of money.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Corolla and Camry in Taiwan is much cheaper than in Thailand and these are made in Thailand, fucking car companies in Thailand making lots of money.

But in ROC parking lots are a premium. When you buy condo in ROC, parking lots are sold separately. The going rate is TWD One Mill.