• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renault Fluence - Good or not?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kia chief designer was the former Audi TT series designer leh, design is there, but the engine is quite bad, hard to overtake....

2.0l engine on an Optima? How to overtake??????

Under powered cars are dangerous on freeways and country roads. A lot of people did not realised that car makers put in underpowered engines for Singapore market.

Korean engines have came a long way, even the Hyundai engines on Singapore taxis are old versions.
Even the 1.8l Nu Hyundai engines are better than my wife's 1.8l Honda Civic.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One bit of advice. Avoid too rare a model. Your maintenance cost would be high. You would have to wait a long time for parts as they don't carry enough spares here. On the other hand, buying a new model of a main stream car cannot go wrong with the above. Based on your budget, suggest the Hyundai Elantra 1.6L(A) 2012 model. Very striking styling. Being such a new design should be around Japanese standard in engineering but greater value for money.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About 4-5 years ago, OZ car reviewers pity the bloke who had to test drive the Kia cars, these days, the reviewers enjoy test driving KIA cars so much that they do not return the cars on time. 1-2 weeks late!

For Kia, a lot of time spent on getting the suspension right for OZ driving conditions, esp the Sportage.

And Korean cars are no longer cheap! Some models are more expensive than Toyotas!

Eg 1.8l Elantra vs 1.8l Corolla

The problem with Kia n Hyundai is the depreciation for such cars are horrible...worse than toyta

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ford Focus parks itself

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3k_ORM-pSp0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3k_ORM-pSp0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must have both if possible mah.....

You know my first car or not? Mazda RX7. Paiseh my father paid one. I also boh looi that time but pester him until he buy for me. Mai hiam still buay pai, ai hiam also kanasai. Now I drive simple small car can already. Now I drive Nissan March nia.

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls lah, my 1st choice car cant even sian a woman, I need a car to bring my family around, especially my mum, she cant walk long distance.

My budget is 100k, i dun like to buy common cars.... something different is nice, so i looking at other brands like Kia, Renault and Citroen etc etc....

Check out Ford Mondeo if you don't want common Japanese cars that everyone seems to be driving. It's sporty, turbo, dual-clutch (you can switch between automatic & manual mode), and based on Ford EUCD (European D-Class) platform. I don't know if the price is within your budget of 100K but it's worth checking with the dealer.

If I were given a choice between a Toyota Camry and a Ford Mondeo. I'll choose the Ford Mondeo.

http://www.regentmotors.com.sg/vehicles/mondeo-ecoboost/

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with Kia n Hyundai is the depreciation for such cars are horrible...worse than toyta

Same problem in Australia.
This is especially so since Hyundai enters the corporate fleet market.

It takes time for consumers to adjust.

Meanwhile, it just mean that someone buying a secondhand Hyundai is getting better value than a secondhand Toyota. The Koreans are also offering 5 years warranty.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drive this lah...and chio Quan Yifeng for a spin !

2835382745.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
............. Meanwhile, it just mean that someone buying a secondhand Hyundai is getting better value than a secondhand Toyota. The Koreans are also offering 5 years warranty.
Kia offering unlimited mileage within 5 years.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Check out Ford Mondeo if you don't want common Japanese cars that everyone seems to be driving. It's sporty, turbo, dual-clutch (you can switch between automatic & manual mode), and based on Ford EUCD (European D-Class) platform. I don't know if the price is within your budget of 100K but it's worth checking with the dealer.

If I was given a choice between a Toyota Camry and a Ford Mondeo. I'll choose the Ford Mondeo.

Skoda also value for money?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not forgetting 輸輸去。 Not a car you should drive to RWS.

Copy lah, what else ? The body looks like a Mondeo too.
Anyone remember this car by Concerto by Honda. Kong Si Dio To (Hokkien translation: Share/Combine/Company will Fall)

If copy, a job well done.
You know my first car or not? Mazda RX7. Paiseh my father paid one. I also boh looi that time but pester him until he buy for me. Mai hiam still buay pai, ai hiam also kanasai. Now I drive simple small car can already. Now I drive Nissan March nia.
Your first car RX7 ?? and your father bought it? Faint! Your father really sayang you.

If I was given a choice between a Toyota Camry and a Ford Mondeo. I'll choose the Ford Mondeo.

http://www.regentmotors.com.sg/vehicles/mondeo-ecoboost/
Not sure is it due to buy already then regret syndrome. For some reason, I keep thinking the Nissan Teana looks better than Camry but have to admit the performance of camry hybrid is impressive. I also plan not to buy any car in the next 3 years.

Kia offering unlimited mileage within 5 years.
AK, think Vios or Altis might be what you are looking at. Sedan car at reasonable price. Look wise a little boring but can add a few accessories (spoiler and sarong) to make it less boring. Can also add a blue LED at the bottom.:wink:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know my first car or not? Mazda RX7. Paiseh my father paid one...

Are you his only son? By any chance, could he be looking for a godson and you be looking for a godbrother? Please let me know and in queue first.

Last edited: