• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renault Fluence - Good or not?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Colt Plus, but sold it last July. If its a 2nd hand car, then I will budget it to at most $70k, dun think its worth it to buy 2nd hand car for 100k? -.-"

I'm driving a Toyota Vios now. Well, actually my wife does most of the driving since I drink. I only drive occasionally. It was bought new from Borneo Motors three years ago for a bit under $100k (inc. COE) and monthly instalment a bit under $700. Not much problem since.

During US campus days, we bought an used Toyota Camry, about three years old and costing only US$3,000 cash and carry. It served us well too. Those were young and wild days and I did have a minor accident. It cost me US$1,000 for the repairs on top of the insurance claims but it was my fault, not the car's fault. I think Toyota cars are very reliable and value for money. When we returned to Singapore, we sold it for US$2,000 at six years old.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wise choice.

From a KIA insider, I can tell you that KIA has got better built cars these days comparable with the Japs. In fact, KIA is even better than parent Hyundai because they got better engineers than Hyundai but a Korean promise by KIA means that they cannot price their cars higher than peers at Hyundai.

As for Toyota, they really need to learn some car design from the Koreans.

148kw 2.4l Optima $37,000
Built for the notorious bumpy Aussie roads.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VyQsEQWycO8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VyQsEQWycO8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

How can Kia in top 5? though I love K5 Optima, LOL

2011-kia-optima--1.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wise choice.

From a KIA insider, I can tell you that KIA has got better built cars these days comparable with the Japs. In fact, KIA is even better than parent Hyundai because they got better engineers than Hyundai but a Korean promise by KIA means that they cannot price their cars higher than peers at Hyundai.

Curves at the right places. Chio.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hell where the f did I go missing this thread about Toyotas. LOL. Must be my slow brewing of my fish maw soup that made me miss this.

Anyway Alamaking "I really don't know what to say" 100k and so little choice in Singapore, please la I not suan you but I really don't know what to say about buying cars in Singapore now a days. I think better go for a reliable car la...........

Bor bian lah bro, no money leh.... :(, I dun need fancy cars, I just wanna buy what i can afford, LOL

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm driving a Toyota Vios now. Well, actually my wife does most of the driving since I drink. I only drive occasionally. It was bought new from Borneo Motors three years ago for a bit under $100k (inc. COE) and monthly instalment a bit under $700. Not much problem since...........
Vios is a nice car, good consumption, but the interior is very dull.......

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wise choice.

148kw 2.4l Optima $37,000
Built for the notorious bumpy Aussie roads.

Here only 2.0, selling at SGD128,000

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Curves at the right places. Chio.

About 4-5 years ago, OZ car reviewers pity the bloke who had to test drive the Kia cars, these days, the reviewers enjoy test driving KIA cars so much that they do not return the cars on time. 1-2 weeks late!

For Kia, a lot of time spent on getting the suspension right for OZ driving conditions, esp the Sportage.

And Korean cars are no longer cheap! Some models are more expensive than Toyotas!

Eg 1.8l Elantra vs 1.8l Corolla

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
About 4-5 years ago, OZ car reviewers pity the bloke who had to test drive the Kia cars, these days, the reviewers enjoy test driving KIA cars so much that they do not return the cars on time. 1-2 weeks late!

For Kia, a lot of time spent on getting the suspension right for OZ driving conditions, esp the Sportage.

And Korean cars are no longer cheap! Some models are more expensive than Toyotas!

Eg 1.8l Elantra vs 1.8l Corolla

But KIA should choose a better name. Killed In Accident. No good leh.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here only 2.0, selling at SGD128,000

That is the problem. The way the tax system works is such that Singapore got under-powered cars.
Need to match the engine to the size of the cars.
Never mind, when go overseas for driving tours, go for the 2.4l engine.The experience is different!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone drive this car?

Bud, todate I have owned eleven cars. Now, I will only buy Toyota, Honda, and maybe Korean (their reputation has risen a lot ever since the Hyundai Pony.)

I am no mechanic. Car problems I cannot DIY, have to send to workshop. If you own a Continental car, then you'll have to pay Continental prices.

Resist the marketing hype. COE, ten-year limit, high maintenance costs, better to be pragmatic.

Cheers!

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kia chief designer was the former Audi TT series designer leh, design is there, but the engine is quite bad, hard to overtake....

Don't take Korean practice of "name dropping" too seriously. You seriously believe the guy who designed Ferrari also designed this piece of crap ?
Hyundai-Matrix_2005_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vios is a nice car, good consumption, but the interior is very dull.......
Not only interior dull, exterior also boring. My vios is 1.5 years old and only 30,000km. Really boring car to drive BUT seldom need to go petrol station. Good for city driving.

But KIA should choose a better name. Killed In Accident. No good leh.
The other one is Subaru (Su Ba Lu) hokkien translation is Lose only.

Heard of Luxgen ?

1927834854.jpg
How come the front look like a CIVIC???