• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renault Fluence - Good or not?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What 2nd hand car you recommend for 100k? Mini? VW? I'm not into Merc, BMW, Honda and Toyota leh...

I will get a VW. Looks great and easy on the wallet when at petrol kiosk. I don't suppose they have problems with spare parts given the biz they are now doing.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Porsche is built like a tank and lasts for decades.

The Germans built excellent cars from a mechanical standpoint. They are always let down by the electronics and it's the electronics that leaves you stranded by the side of the road.

I agree that Porsches are very well constructed when it comes to bodywork. Unfortunately, emission controls, fuel economy requirements and so on have resulted in cars having more and more electronic components. The Germans don't seem to know how to make these units reliable. If they did, I'd buy a Porsche. They're a joy to drive.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get an Audi. :wink:

20 K difference in COE niah. Upz one level lah.

I opine Audis are over-prized cars. No one wanted them years ago. But their advertisement and promotions sibei tuakong. Suddenly everyone talks about Audi cars. The power of A&P.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I opine Audis are over-prized cars. No one wanted them years ago. But their advertisement and promotions sibei tuakong. Suddenly everyone talks about Audi cars. The power of A&P.

Have to admit their new range looks very nice....a friend just traded in his GTR for a R12.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Overpriced/reliable or not I won't comment. But Alamak wants a conti car to sian charbor. Audi is ze one. :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Overpriced/reliable or not I won't comment. But Alamak wants a conti car to sian charbor. Audi is ze one. :wink:

Imho, if want to sian Ah Lian, Subaru and Mitsubishi cars can liao. As long as engine kpkb disturb the whole neighbourhood sure can make it. You can save on hph bills too coz before you arrive, ah lian already heard your car coming and waiting downstairs waiting for a good bang!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're epic fail if you need a car to get a woman. Get a woman to take bus or MRT with you, not even taxi, that's creditable pass. Get a woman with a car to drive you around, that's distinction grade.

Last edited: