• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renault Fluence - Good or not?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Renualt cars cmi big time. Had a 25 back then....everyday I mean everyday you get a new funny fault....funny fault means even go back to workshop they cannot fix.
And only dealer workshop because no mechanic wants to touch the car. I put it down to my bad luck caused the car was 2nd hand....then see new car owners some with cars as new as a month old coming and very familiar with the workshop personnel....got to know more owners everyone got similar stories...end up had to scrap the car prematurely.

Citroen also French. Wonder if it is also a jialak car.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can Kia in top 5? though I love K5 Optima, LOL

2011-kia-optima--1.jpg

2011+Kia+Optima+SX+Turbo+Design.jpg

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I currently own 2 Toyota, one camry hybrid and the other, vios. My first toyota was a Hilux Vigo 3.0 pickup truck which I sold years ago. Here's my FR on Toyota:

Reliability = Yes
Maintenance = Low
Fuel Efficiency = Good
Price = Good value for money
Resale value = High
Driving experience = generally good
Service Centre = Always crowded

and finally,

Looks/Appearance = Boring

Will RTB? Return to Buy?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Statistics are rubbish. Car sales tells the whole story.
If Merc, Posche, Audi are so low in reliability - why are people still buying their cars? On the other hand, Toyotas have the most boring look on earth. Toyota Shares are going to the dumps but i agree it is a good buy now... because the world is full of Ah Peks like Ah Sam who swear by Toyotas.

Car sales tell the story of human stupidity.

I should know. I bought a brand new 320i in 1986.

There was no internet at the time. I was a sucker and believed the crap about "Ultimate Driving Machine". I also wanted to show the rest of Singapore that I had "made it" at a young age. It made me feel good when chicks wanted a lift and said "Wow! you drive a Bee Em!!!". I felt on top of the world.

It was the worst car I ever owned in my life. Nothing but trouble from week 1. The fact that it was under warranty was cold comfort. Parts took weeks to arrive. There were times when I ended up spending a fortune on taxis even though I owned a car.

I was a Honda loyalist before I bought the Beemer and was used to owning a brand that started every morning and took me to wherever I wanted without a hassle. The problem with the Honda was there was no "prestige" in driving one. That's why I switched to a BMW.

Many "Ah Peks" drive Toyotas because they've learned the hard way. They're also comfortable with who they are. They have nothing to prove to anyone anymore. However, there are Ah Peks who still drive Mercs. Most of them claim that the car is shit too but they need it to show to their customers that they're running a successful business.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perodua car best la. Cheap, low cost of maintenance, fuel economy. What else can you ask for?
Fiat is the proton from Europe.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RTB = Yes

Toyota attracts the family type and the uncles/aunties category. :wink:

For cheonging and sian zha bor, Toyota CMI.

I know an ex-neighbour who mati mati Corolla since her 20s. She's in her 60s now. Must have been at least 6-8 Corollas. Everytime a new model enters the market, she changes.

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
DON'T do it!!!!

I'm not just saying that because of the data on the internet. It's also because to date, I have not had a single Merc owner I know say anything good about a so called "marque" of the automobile world.

I used to own a 1988 Merc S-Class when I resided in USA. Mercs in USA were (and still are) cheap so it was no big deal for me to get a new Merc back then. I can say it was a reliable car that gave me few minor problems after I clocked more than 130,000 miles before I sold it.

It seems that the Mercs built today are not as reliable and dependable as the ones built during the 80's. Back then, my S-Class had very few electronic gadgets compared to the ones today.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Citroen also French. Wonder if it is also a jialak car.
I had good memories of Citroen....dad used to own one and the air cushion was the most comfortable ride I ever had...even Lexus cannot fight.....and during floods the car can heighten to navigate the waters....machiam James bond.

Dun shoot me but I was a small kid then and this was what I remembered....

Another brand is Peugeot....a beautiful model from them was the 406 coupe....pretty boy nick fang drove a yellow one....nice to look at but no power.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I used to own a 1988 Merc S-Class when I resided in USA. Mercs in USA were (and still are) cheap so it was no big deal for me to get a new Merc back then. I can say it was a reliable car that gave me few minor problems after I clocked more than 130,000 miles before I sold it.

My dad had a Merc. W123 200. It was the most reliable car on earth at the time. Sadly it was the last reliable model ever produced by Merc. The W124 was good too but not as reliable as the 123. Beyond the W124, everything turned to custard.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kia is $128,000, I only have 100k budget, so either Renault Fluence or Citroen DS3, I dun like Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Sylphy and Toyota Vios...

Bro, must it be a brand new car? Don't you feel heart pain when kena scratch here and there or kena dent? 100k budget can get you some good 2nd hand cars. When I was younger, everything must be new. Nowadays different. Bought a 2nd hand E200 then sold it off and yet didn't lose a single cent. Made some money.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had good memories of Citroen....dad used to own one and the air cushion was the most comfortable ride I ever had...even Lexus cannot fight.....and during floods the car can heighten to navigate the waters....machiam James bond.

Dun shoot me but I was a small kid then and this was what I remembered....

Another brand is Peugeot....a beautiful model from them was the 406 coupe....pretty boy nick fang drove a yellow one....nice to look at but no power.

I was told both Citroen and Peugeot share the same engine.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perodua car best la. Cheap, low cost of maintenance, fuel economy. What else can you ask for?
Fiat is the proton from Europe.
The best Malaysian brand is still proton.
2 models that worth mentioning....Satria (Gti) and the Perdana (V6).

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just spotted a BKK registered Honda 2 door CR-Z at Foodland. This car is definitely imported.

Very good potential for Ah Bengs. Look wise, I quite like it. :wink:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, must it be a brand new car? Don't you feel heart pain when kena scratch here and there or kena dent? 100k budget can get you some good 2nd hand cars. When I was younger, everything must be new. Nowadays different. Bought a 2nd hand E200 then sold it off and yet didn't lose a single cent. Made some money.
What 2nd hand car you recommend for 100k? Mini? VW? I'm not into Merc, BMW, Honda and Toyota leh...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Car sales tell the story of human stupidity.

I should know. I bought a brand new 320i in 1986.

There was no internet at the time. I was a sucker and believed the crap about "Ultimate Driving Machine". I also wanted to show the rest of Singapore that I had "made it" at a young age. It made me feel good when chicks wanted a lift and said "Wow! you drive a Bee Em!!!". I felt on top of the world.

It was the worst car I ever owned in my life. Nothing but trouble from week 1. The fact that it was under warranty was cold comfort. Parts took weeks to arrive. There were times when I ended up spending a fortune on taxis even though I owned a car.

I was a Honda loyalist before I bought the Beemer and was used to owning a brand that started every morning and took me to wherever I wanted without a hassle. The problem with the Honda was there was no "prestige" in driving one. That's why I switched to a BMW.

Many "Ah Peks" drive Toyotas because they've learned the hard way. They're also comfortable with who they are. They have nothing to prove to anyone anymore. However, there are Ah Peks who still drive Mercs. Most of them claim that the car is shit too but they need it to show to their customers that they're running a successful business.

BMW's reliability today is indeed still very bad. But Porsche definitely does not deserve that pits bottom ranking, that is why i find that table crappy. Porsche is built like a tank and lasts for decades. Merc use cheap plastic parts and the electronics overdose gave them a few years of problem, but they are acceptable now. Audis are not built to last either. But conti cars' reliability issues are blown out of proportion. Generally today's conti cars are much improved compared to the 80s or 90s.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What 2nd hand car you recommend for 100k? Mini? VW? I'm not into Merc, BMW, Honda and Toyota leh...
Do you intend to sell after certain years of driving? What is the usage like? Very heavy? Need to go MY?

Not sure if a second-hand WRX fits your budget?