• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My friend want buy resale flat, view a few but asking price around 500000. He said expensive and reject owners on the spot..

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal
congrats bro.
You belong to the upper scale side of sinkies pool. I only earned about sgd 50k p.a while I was still working fulltime.
Whenever I see those salary survey, I feel low morale that their salaries all above 100k p.a.
The only consolating thing was that while I was still working fulltime, I saved near 100% of my salary :sick:
He manager,we just technician

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

No worries, strong inflow from BolehLand....Meltup Continues :smile:

Malaysians withdraw RM7.81 billion from retirement savings following changes to national pension fund​

BookmarkShare

ADVERTISEMENT​

Asia

Malaysians withdraw RM7.81 billion from retirement savings following changes to national pension fund​

Some 3.16 million Employees Provident Fund (EPF) members under the age of 55 had made such withdrawals from their “flexible” account.
Malaysians withdraw RM7.81 billion from retirement savings following changes to national pension fund

A photo illustration showing Malaysian ringgit banknotes in Kuala Lumpur. (Photo: AFP/Manan Vatsyayana)
10 Jul 2024 12:13PM (Updated: 10 Jul 2024 01:42PM)
BookmarkShare

SINGAPORE: Malaysians have withdrawn some RM7.81 billion (US$1.66 billion) from their retirement savings following the restructuring of the country’s national pension fund in May.
The latest numbers – taken as of Jun 24 – was an increase from the RM6.98 billion that had been taken out as of Jun 10.
The New Straits Times reported on Wednesday (Jul 10) that some 3.16 million Employees Provident Fund (EPF) members under the age of 55 had made such withdrawals from their “flexible” account.
EPF – which is Malaysia’s retirement fund – is one of the world’s largest retirement funds, with assets worth RM1.19 trillion. It allowed its members to withdraw money from this account to fund their short-term financial needs after a restructuring plan that took effect on May 11.
CNA previously reported that reactions to EPF restructuring have been mixed, with some experts cautioning that the move may exacerbate a retirement crisis in the future.
There was also concern that early withdrawals could also lead members to miss out on the compounding factor of the savings scheme.
Meanwhile, others have said that the move allows its members some flexibility in how they choose to utilise their funds.
Previously, EPF members who had not reached the age of 55 could only make withdrawals for certain specific purposes. But following the restructuring plan in May, EPF members under the age of 55 now have three accounts instead of the previous two.
Under this restructured plan, 75 per cent of an individual’s monthly contribution will now go into Account 1, 15 per cent into Account 2 and the remaining 10 per cent will go into Account 3 - the new flexible account.
Previously, 70 per cent of the contributions were deposited into Account 1 and 30 per cent into Account 2. The money in Account 1 cannot be withdrawn until a member reaches the age of 55 while funds from Account 2 can only be withdrawn for purposes such as housing, healthcare and education among others.
EPF members have until Aug 31 to make a one-time transfer of one-third of their savings from Account 2 to Account 3.

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend went view another flat just now. 4 room but smaller size type. Like not worth to pay ard 500000 for smaller 4 room flat. Decide buy bigger flat better

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
For example:

200k buy around 66.7k plate of Cheekon rice, assume $3 per plate

200k buy around 50k plate of Cheekon rice, assuming $4 per plate

Within 3 yrs, your 200k purchase power shrink more than 20%, Bro:smile:
So clever hakka dog son of chicken to post chicken rice 1 minute after my cancer thread to harass me. Pretend don’t know it’s your hakka insurance Agent C that sell cb. Why keep harassing me hokkien virgin? Go harass your own kind REAL HAKKA CHEEKON RICE PUI!

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
congrats bro.
You belong to the upper scale side of sinkies pool. I only earned about sgd 50k p.a while I was still working fulltime.
Whenever I see those salary survey, I feel low morale that their salaries all above 100k p.a.
The only consolating thing was that while I was still working fulltime, I saved near 100% of my salary :sick:

Thanks bro, you guys are also the successful and good honest people in Singapore that contribute to the well-being of this society.

I tried my best to stay employable in a fulltime job with CPF contribution rather than become a property agent or Grab driver.

My objective now is to show the employers, senior management, foreign :devilish: and naturalized :poop: that we middle-aged Singaporeans can also earn a good living and live reasonably well in this silly country :smile:

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, find a job and restart your life again.

We must live meaningfully well and don't live like an old sob :cry:

Middle-aged or 50 plus years old never mind, as long as you live well there is a chance that you can find a good job :thumbsup:
Why must have job then can restart life?sbuncle get secret code win money from soccer can le

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
congrats bro.
It is how u preserve your saving dollar PPP that is crucial for survival in Age of Creative Destruction....senseless chasing huat big big illusion is fruitful but very high risk...no for weak hearts

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Used to drive sbs bus service 123, 273 at bukit merah. No drive le. U probably met me before
Drive bus not easy as tgere are many ah siao behind the wheels these days

My blood bro upgrade to class 5 to drive those heavy vehicle...quite good $$$$$ but long hours and physically draining