• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [Wikipedia article] Northern and Southern China

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a Chinese saying - to defend the Yangtze, must first defend the Huai. historically many great battles between the north and south military forces were decided in the Huai river proximity, it shaped the history of China from the beginning to now. Western Chu Xiang Yu met his demise there. the crucial big battle between the KMT and CCP - the Huaihai campaign 1948 took place there.
Dear @Sideswipe, many belated thanks to you too for gracing another humble thread of mine!
bow-gif.40441

In my humble opinion, the modern equivalent of the ancient "Huai River boundary" or:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Qinling–Huaihe Line
is the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Strait

:eek:
:tongue:
sweatingbullets-gif.40503

redface-gif.40438

Attachments

• Taiwan_Strait.png
    Taiwan_Strait.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 521

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat about difference between cantoland n fuckeinland?
Long story short. Both are genetically the same -- they are Baiyue people. Hence the area used to be called Minyue.

The biggest difference is that one stuck to their own language (Yue) and the other adopted Middle Chinese (Min).

It can be argued that the most purebred Chinese alive today are Hakka.

1597365991398.png

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what was the national language say 100 years ago In china? North and south speak the same dialect?

Screenshot_20200814-093923.jpg

Basically, the entire taiwan straits belong to taiwan. To the north, its the japanese islands. Only for china outlet to the sea not encroaching foreign territory is the south. Towards south china sea. No wonder they are pissed.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear @Sideswipe, many belated thanks to you too for gracing another humble thread of mine!
bow-gif.40441

In my humble opinion, the modern equivalent of the ancient "Huai River boundary" or:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Qinling–Huaihe Line
is the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Strait

:eek:

redface-gif.40438
hey @empathizerofeatshitndie ! I just saw only your dedication to me and esnd....

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: sorry I'm not so clever to use your animated smilies...

thanks! a bit busy no time to read in detail was saving this up for later. Promise I will come back to this thread at some point! Excellent info! :thumbsup:

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey @empathizerofeatshitndie ! I just saw only your dedication to me and esnd....
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: sorry I'm not so clever to use your animated smilies...
thanks! a bit busy no time to read in detail was saving this up for later. Promise I will come back to this thread at some point! Excellent info! :thumbsup:
Dear @nightsafari, you're very welcome and many belated thanks again for liking another four of my posts in this thread last week!
bow-gif.40441
:inlove:
redface-gif.40438

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
It can be argued that the most purebred Chinese alive today are Hakka.
Dear @nightsafari, a few days ago, I discovered the following post of yours (from another thread) that you posted in March 2021, roughly seven months after the above post of yours (in my thread):
sammyboy.com/posts/3343594
hakka genealogy is very interesting. As of now, even the experts have no solid idea of what the full Hakka picture is like. But I have my own conjecture and that is they were the original Han Chinese. The "guest" label was applied to them only because they sought refuge in the Southern provinces away from the invading Northern barbarians who subsequently took over China.
and now, I just feel the need to quote it and add it to my thread! :tongue:
redface-gif.40438

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a Chinese saying - to defend the Yangtze, must first defend the Huai. historically many great battles between the north and south military forces were decided in the Huai river proximity, it shaped the history of China from the beginning to now. Western Chu Xiang Yu met his demise there. the crucial big battle between the KMT and CCP - the Huaihai campaign 1948 took place there.
The mongols can't be bothered with rivers. They travel when its frozen solid.and when most others are not 8nterested in warfare during winter,

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dynastic hakkas were hiding in the hills in southern china after getting run over by northern barbarians. they were great fortress builders and remain so as they wall themselves in in chink communities throughout south east asia.
1641518376348.png

hakkas in sg continue to wall themselves in and live in bunker homes.
1641518662622.png

1641518689352.png

1641518801435.png

1641518847314.png

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
North/Central China is the original homeland of the Han Chinese. Around 2,000 years ago, Han Chinese started to migrate to the south due to cold weather, famine or warfare. After their arrival in the south, they inter-mixed with the original inhabitants of South China which are the Baiyue people, a diverse group of tribal people. Over the centuries, a new mixed race of Southern Chinese people was thus formed which also developed their own language, music and cuisine, different from the Northern Chinese. The Hakkas arrived in the south much later about 1,000 years ago. By that time, the coastal area and flat land in the south was already populated with the early Han settlers so that the Hakkas have to settle in the interior hilly regions of Southern China. As late comers, the Hakkas were given the name Hakka people meaning guest people.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So singkee coolie genes are pure blood since from Southern China?
in the south, chinks call themselves “t’ang” people, not “han”. in guangzhou or cantoland, it’s “tong” as in tong yan. in fuckien and teochew enclaves, it’s teng and some say tang as in tang nan. no where was “han” proudly accepted as the han dynasty hardly ventured south in governance and assimilation. the t’ang dynasty, however, established commanderies and provincial capitals and townships down south to the viet border. and t’ang was followed by the song. some of the greatest ports of trade in the world at that time were in southern provinces, of whom auntie (vir)gin’s ancestors came from. marine merchants from as far as the persian gulf and indian ocean came a calling. languages and dialects in the south were more attuned to t’ang‘s way of speech and writing than those which were bastardized by mongol and manchu barbarians. literature and poetic parlance flourished, and their styles were retained in the south much more deeply than the north as books were burned and scholars massacred in succeeding civil wars and invasions in the northern half of china. the middle imperial tongue of the t’ang and song courts were lost as survivors found refuge in the rugged terrain of southern china. but the chink psyche identifying themselves with t’ang and t’ang art, culture, literature continue in the south to this day. and the more t’ang-educated ones escaped china and maintained verbal and literary traditions in clan associations in south east asia, especially sg. if you attend a deep dive session in a clan association meeting, you’ll be amazed at the amount and depth of the oral tradition that survives centuries of wars and cultural purges in china. even jap scholars are amazed with the rich cultural and literary tradition that is kept in clan associations in sg.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
dynastic hakkas were hiding in the hills in southern china after getting run over by northern barbarians. they were great fortress builders and remain so as they wall themselves in in chink communities throughout south east asia.
View attachment 130744

hakkas in sg continue to wall themselves in and live in bunker homes.
View attachment 130745
View attachment 130746
View attachment 130747
View attachment 130748
Dear @eatshitndie-sama, many thanks for finally gracing this humble thread of mine (
bow-gif.40441
), especially because it's dedicated to you! :inlove: :tongue:
redface-gif.40438

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear @Eisenhut, many thanks to you too for gracing this humble thread of mine (
bow-gif.40441
) and also for liking the following post of mine, in which I quoted our dear @eatshitndie's post (from "Aug 31, 2010", over eleven years ago!):
sammyboy.com/posts/550029
so called hakka chinese is a linguistic window to "middle chinese" which was the official archaic chinese language spoken in sui, tang, and song dynasties. when mongols conquered china, old mandarin was forced upon many parts of china, but southern enclaves of refugees and survivors from older chinese dynasties retained much of the original xi-an and lo-yang tongues (mostly shaanxi and henan) and southern dialects. over the centuries, middle chinese disappeared and/or it merged with southern dialects and blended into obscurity. today, there are various offshoots of hakka: for example taiwanese, fujian, guangdong, guangxi, guizhou, sichuan, and hunan. this proves that hakka was a widespread language spoken in a huge geographical part of china, mainly in the south because the north and northeast were overrun by mongols and manchus respectively separated by five hundred years of devastation. the manchus, in the qing dynasty, was responsible for the propagation of mandarin, which was the main beijing dialect, to the rest of remote china including the south. beijing was the capital of the mongols under the yuan dynasty.

if you're good with linguistics in the study of consonants and vowels and tones, you'll notice that hakka is mutually unintelligible from mandarin but is closer in many pronunciations to middle chinese. also check up the rhyme books of tang. rhymes are secret codes to breaking the language mystery.

hakka is a real survivor and descendant of the true ancient chinese language and should be taught and preserved, although the hakka of today is a far cry from the language spoken by the first survivors of sui, tang and song. mandarin is a bastardized language of invaders, traitors, arse lickers, lackeys and cowards under the mongol and manchu yoke. and hakka shouldn't be called hakka or kejia. it's a fucking shame that the original people of china are called "guests". it should be called fak-yu.
redface-gif.40438

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually not. That's why I say that the whole thing is far more complex than is given proper credit. It's disgusting that nobody teaches this stuff properly. China historically was a conglomeration of various ethnicities under the emperor. They retained their individual identities.

singkee coolies are actually half Vietnamese. (I don't know the actual proportion). Cantonese and Hokkien actually share the same genetic legacy, they were the northern end of the Vietnamese (Baiyue) that got assimilated into China. This where the Cantonese got called the Yue people. If you look at the map of the original Baiyue, you will note that it includes Canton and Hokkien. No wars, no barbarians on horseback. Just a blending.

the purest Han ironically are supposed to be the Hakkas who ran away from the Northern invaders who then subsequently took over the the north and parts of the West. starting from the Yuan empire. I joke that it's because their horses like those areas.