• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [Wikipedia article] Northern and Southern China

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are different. Many who fled on boats when Vietcong won were ethnic chinese.
Those boats headed out to hong kong. Many remained. Rest tried for sinkie.but were pushed out. Only malays allowed them to stay. And were housed on pulau bidong in malaysua and galang island in indonesia.
good info. but I'm talking Viet around 100BC not 1970AD.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Cantos are really viets n not cina. All the more reason for Cantonese to go independent. That way with its own language. It can n should middle chinese.
They can certainly do so. It's every people's right to choose their own path.

Middle Chinese as used by the Tang court has literally been extinct for hundreds of years. I don't even know if they can revive it with the info available.

The predecessor to modern Cantonese came about around 200AD. Much older than Mandarin which came about 1000 years later at least. It's rise to prestige dialect of Canton province was around 600AD.

N the fuckkas n fuckeins can all be expelled to fuckein province. Cantos don't need parasites. Fuckkas are snakes where even fuckeins don't like them
I like everybody just fine. Until they personally prove otherwise. Hating an entire group is not a good recipe for happiness.

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hokkien are holding out in taiwan pretty well. Independent.
Dear @syed putra, many belated thanks for mentioning that fact!
bow-gif.40441

Another fact I feel the need to mention is that roughly two years ago, during the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Taiwanese_presidential_election#Results

"8,170,231" (i.e. at least 42%) of the "19,311,105" registered/eligible voters (not the "14,300,940" popular/valid voters) voted for:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsai_Ing-wen#Family_and_personal_life
who is a Hakka!
bow-gif.40441
:tongue:
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438

And to be more precise, she's three quarters Hakka because her father's mother is one of your beloved "orang asli":
wikipedia.org/wiki/Paiwan_people
zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/獅子鄉_(台灣)
wikipedia.org/wiki/Shizi,_Pingtung
meaning "Lion Township"! :eek: :wink: :tongue:
redface-gif.40438

As for the other two candidates (who don't seem to be Hakkas), they received a combined total of "5,522,119"+"608,590"=6,130,709 valid votes, which is roughly 32% of the "19,311,105" registered/eligible voters.

So I think it's safe to say that among those Hokkien Taiwanese people who bothered to vote in the election, there's a good chance that at least a simple majority of them voted for a Hakka-Paiwan woman! :eek: :tongue:
redface-gif.40438

They were overwhelmed by nationalist forces who brought the mandarin and all that shit from mainland. Even orang asli needed to have mandarin names and forced to speak mandarin.
Here's some good news to console you, even though it might be too late:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsai_Ing-wen#National_languages

Attachments

• 2020 Taiwanese presidential election - Wikipedia.png
    2020 Taiwanese presidential election - Wikipedia.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Tsai Ing-wen - National languages.png
    Tsai Ing-wen - National languages.png
    68 KB · Views: 82
Last edited: