• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Hubert Wu Calls Sisley Choi His Soul Mate​

1640785928191.png

Although Hubert Wu (胡鴻鈞) and Sisley Choi (蔡思貝) have only admitted to being great friends, their relationship is largely an open secret. Although he sees Sisley as a soul mate in being able to talk about anything, he would rather leave marriage up to fate.

Complementary to Each Other

“We aren’t young anymore. We are both persistent people who are trying to pursue our dreams. Sometimes, we talk about how we can do better as actors and singers. We have very valuable conversations about how to be better people too,” Hubert said in describing their special connection.

Although they do have disputes from time to time, they have agreed that as good friends, they should be accepting of each other’s different opinions. Sisley has mentioned to Hubert that he should be more expressive, but he has advised her the opposite. “I remind her to not be too emotional, because she needs to protect her own feelings too. She is emotional while I am rational, which is why opposites attract. We have a good balance in our personalities, which add to our conversations.”

Since they are so compatible, Hubert was asked when they would get married. “At this age, we are pretty open. It is important to learn and discover more to improve rather than to avoid. All things should be up to fate. Through understanding each other, we can then think about the next steps,” Hubert said.

Though marriage is not coming soon, Hubert has mentioned that he sees Sisley as his soul mate. When Sisley was asked how she felt about that, she said, “He is rational while I am emotional. I push him to try things that he would never attempt, so I guess I am his soul friend. He will share very rational perspectives on problems with me, while I share how to appreciate things emotionally.”

Hubert and Sisley Share Tips About Acting

He continued to share that it is most important to express one’s emotions and not be afraid of judgement. Although there are pressures to play Chilam Cheung (張智霖) iconic character in Return of the Cuckoo <十月初五的月光>, in the remake called A Love of No Words, Hubert still believes the experience was worth it because it gave him a chance to practice his art.

When asked if Hubert received advice from Sisley about acting in A Love of No Words <十月初五的月光>, he said that acting is hard to teach. “In terms of an actor’s attitude and ability, she said that the first step is to avoid the fear of asking questions. She then shared that the second most important step in acting is portraying emotions and being vulnerable. I am a very rational person. I try my best to avoid any mistakes when I sing, but it doesn’t mean I can touch the hearts of everyone.”

jw5

Loyal
from yahoo.com:

Jan Tse announces marriage​

1640956390962.png

29 Dec – TVB actress Jan Tse is now a married woman.

The actress shared the good news on 27 December with two photos of her and her non-showbiz husband - one with them clad in traditional Chinese wedding attire, and another a more modern wedding gown and suit combination.

"Thank you for making my life complete," she posted. "You are the best gift God has given me."

Jan announced her engagement last month, saying that her fiancé is an outsider who is older than her a few years.

On the other hand, fans and friends alike congratulate the "Come Home Love: Lo and Behold" actress on social media, including Benjamin Yuen, Jessica Kan and Kelly Fu - the latter who wrote, "Big congrats, dear. May you be happy always."

1640956416834.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Linda Chung’s Attitude Towards Awards​

1641046783215.png

TVB’s Anniversary Awards will take place on January 2, recognizing the accomplishments of their artistes and dramas. The company recently announced the Top Five for each award nominations category, in which Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) has made it to the Top Five for Best Actress in Kids Lives Matter <星空下的仁醫>.

Although largely inactive onscreen for nearly two years while raising her children in Vancouver, she returned to Hong Kong to film Kids Lives Matter. Promptly returning to Canada again afterward, she was absent from the drama’s promotions during its October broadcast.

Flying back to Hong Kong again with her son at the end of November, Linda is speculated to fight for Best Actress at the TVB Anniversary Awards.

Linda is currently undergoing her mandatory quarantine, in which she shared her experience through a phone interview. “I actually returned to deal with some personal and home matters. I haven’t been back to Hong Kong for over a year, so there are some matters that I need to deal with, but I will go back to Canada afterwards. I am happy that I can bring my son, so he can see the place where I grew up, and also learn some Cantonese when we see family and friends.”

Regarding the upcoming awards ceremony, Linda is excited that her role in Kids’ Lives Matter resonated with viewers, as she is also in love with her character. She will be happy to receive an award, but it would not matter if she does not. “I will continue to work hard. Thank you everyone for your support. Please continue to support Kids Lives Matter.”

Some netizens noted that Linda has been in the running for Best Actress 13 times already, but she still has not secured the award yet. Could this be her year?

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Roxanne Tong and Kenneth Ma Save for the Future​

1641131746330.png

Dating for almost two years, Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯) have been frequently asked when they plan to get married. The couple has responded patiently to the questions, and said that they must have enough savings first.

“I’ve already talked about this many times. If we are getting married then we will announce it, there is no need to guess. Every time I have a new drama released, these rumors come around again. I just treat it as promotion,” Kenneth said.

While fending off marriage rumors, the TV King has been kept busy with his exhausting filming schedule. Filming for action drama Phantom Operation and Tactic Team <隱形戰隊>, which was filled with car chasing and fighting scenes, Kenneth admitted it was very tiring. “Everyone said that I had lost weight. I sweated a lot filming this drama, and nearly had a heat stroke.” With no opportunity to rest, he started filming for Legal Spokesperson <法言人> in December.

Kenneth’s Practical Approach Towards Money

Kenneth admitted that the work opportunities help him save up for the future. “Regardless of whether I get married, I still need to save up especially [living in] Hong Kong where the cost of living is high. I have to take care of my own family, so saving up gives me some insurance. You never know if you’ll fall sick one day–it’s a really terrible thing to not be able to pay for healthcare.”

There were rumors earlier that Kenneth had an expensive engagement ring custom made, which he vehemently denied. The media questioned whether he would go against tradition and gift Roxanne a car and home, instead of a ring. Kenneth replied that he is not sure what the wedding traditions are.

Roxanne is Equally Busy

Roxanne has just finished filming for Other People’s Money (OPM), in which she portrays a housewife after falling victim to a financial scam. She has an abusive husband, portrayed by Stephen Wong (黃嘉樂), who has a mistress and takes his anger out on her. Stephen had originally wanted to film at an angle so that he did not have to really hit Roxanne, but she insisted that he hit her to make it realistic. Fortunately, they were able to finish in one shot.

An avid social media user, Roxanne plans to open her own channel and will invite her good friends and cousins to guest in videos.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ron Ng Falls for Jeana Ho’s Office Seduction in “Love is Blind, Hate Too”​

1641216080811.png

Director Patrick Kong‘s (叶念琛) new movie Love is Blind, Hate Too <致命24小時> pays tribute to the romantic thrillers that reigned in Hong Kong’s box office in the 1980s and 1990s. Starring Kathy Yuen (湯怡), Ron Ng (吳卓羲), and Jeana Ho (何珮瑜), the film recently caught attention for a steamy office scene between the latter duo.

The story follows author Ah Bo (Kathy Yuen) and Dr. Yeung (Ron Ng), who seem to have the perfect marriage until Ah Bo loses her vision after a car accident. One day, Dr. Yeung travels for work and leaves Ah Bo at home for several days. Possessing a deep hatred for Dr. Yeung because of a past incident, crazed Cheng Man Yau (Poon Chan Leung 潘燦良) breaks into the couple’s home, and watches Ah Bo’s every move with growing lust. Meanwhile, Dr. Yeung becomes the target of more than one enemy….

Love is Blind, Hate Too is Patrick Kong’s most provocative film to-date. Aside from its voyeuristic component in Kathy’s story arc, Jeana’s office seduction scene is also stirring up online discussions.

1641216122087.png

Portraying a cancer patient, Jeana attempts to seduce her doctor, Dr. Yeung (Ron Ng) inside his own office in the hospital. Jeana shared her feelings, “This was very intense, in comparison to what I had filmed in the past. The director explained the whole process to us, such as which angles would be filmed. There was a lot of communication about how we were going to perform this scene. We did a few rehearsals before the actual filming. Luckily, it only took a few takes.”

1641216147965.png

As they are close friends, they have implicit understanding and were able to create a lot of chemistry for the scene. “Since the boundaries for a movie are wider than a television drama, our scene had to be intense and exciting,” Ron said.

Although Jeana found it uncomfortable to sprawl on the hard office table, she reminded herself to “focus on [delivering] the passion” for the scene, and how “it takes a lot of timing to perfect” the results.

Hoping their efforts would pay off, Jeana and Ron are eager for Love is Blind, Hate Too’s release on January 6, 2022.

jw5

Loyal
from yahoo.com:

Yoyo Chen leaves out husband in thank you speech​

1641305406026.png

4 Jan - After 17 years with TVB, it was finally Yoyo Chen's time to win an award, which she did - winning Best Supporting Actress for her role as Yip Fan in "Plan B" at the recently held TVB Anniversary Awards.

The actress, who looked stunning in a black dress, couldn't help but feel emotional as she thanked TVB for nearly a decade of cultivation, the many TVB executives, and fellow actors like Liza Wang and Jonathan Cheung.

"The actor's path is challenging, but I will continue to work hard," she said, after thanking her family and friends.

1641305428367.png

Despite fans and media alike congratulating the actress for her win, many noticed the fact that she did not mention husband Vincent Wong by name at all in her speech, which only fuelled the ongoing rumours of marital woes between the two.

It is noted that Vincent did not attend the event due to his busy schedule.

When asked about it in a later interview, Yoyo explained that she did thank Vincent by thanking all family members.

"In general, I'm thanking all [family members]. The thank you speech has to be condensed, so it's hard to thank everybody individually," she said.

It is noted that Vincent did thank Yoyo in his speech last year, when he won Best Actor for the second time. However, it made the news only because many thought Yoyo was showing a dour face throughout the speech.

The couple have been plagued with rumours of marital woes for several years now, ever since Vincent started getting busier with work and being romantically linked to several of his co-stars.

On the other hand, the actor congratulated Yoyo's recent victory on IG Story.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
from yahoo.com:

Yoyo Chen leaves out husband in thank you speech​

View attachment 130531

4 Jan - After 17 years with TVB, it was finally Yoyo Chen's time to win an award, which she did - winning Best Supporting Actress for her role as Yip Fan in "Plan B" at the recently held TVB Anniversary Awards.

The actress, who looked stunning in a black dress, couldn't help but feel emotional as she thanked TVB for nearly a decade of cultivation, the many TVB executives, and fellow actors like Liza Wang and Jonathan Cheung.

"The actor's path is challenging, but I will continue to work hard," she said, after thanking her family and friends.

View attachment 130532

Despite fans and media alike congratulating the actress for her win, many noticed the fact that she did not mention husband Vincent Wong by name at all in her speech, which only fuelled the ongoing rumours of marital woes between the two.

It is noted that Vincent did not attend the event due to his busy schedule.

When asked about it in a later interview, Yoyo explained that she did thank Vincent by thanking all family members.

"In general, I'm thanking all [family members]. The thank you speech has to be condensed, so it's hard to thank everybody individually," she said.

It is noted that Vincent did thank Yoyo in his speech last year, when he won Best Actor for the second time. However, it made the news only because many thought Yoyo was showing a dour face throughout the speech.

The couple have been plagued with rumours of marital woes for several years now, ever since Vincent started getting busier with work and being romantically linked to several of his co-stars.

On the other hand, the actor congratulated Yoyo's recent victory on IG Story.
I don't understand these 2. Why don't they just divorce n b done with it? It's obvious their marriage is on the rocks n in all honesty...their relationship c can never work out because of their careers n expose to soo many temptations etc. Those with good careers are often single or have their spouse take a back seat. Case in point, Michael Miu....his wife exit show biz after their marriage

jw5

Loyal
I don't understand these 2. Why don't they just divorce n b done with it? It's obvious their marriage is on the rocks n in all honesty...their relationship c can never work out because of their careers n expose to soo many temptations etc. Those with good careers are often single or have their spouse take a back seat. Case in point, Michael Miu....his wife exit show biz after their marriage

It is possible that they are hanging on in order to save face or due to family pressure. :coffee:

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eric Tsang: “My Best Actress Pick Was Mandy Wong”​

1641389082483.png

With controversies surrounding this year’s TVB Anniversary Awards, many netizens are angry that Rosina Lam (林夏薇) won Best Actress instead of hot favorite, Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣). Disappointed in the results, some are accusing TVB of rigging the award and fans are demanding that they give Linda the award back.

Raising her two children in Canada since becoming a mother, Linda returned to TVB to film ids’ Lives Matter <星空下的仁醫>, which many consider to be her most impactful performance. As Linda was nominated 11 times for Best Actress in her 17-year career, many fans hoped she would win Best Actress this year. Chances for Linda to film with TVB again are rare given her family responsibilities, so many are disappointed that she was only given the consolation prize of Malaysia’s Most Favorite TVB Actress award.

Attending an event for the upcoming 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, TVB General Manager Eric Tsang (曾志偉) was asked about his opinion on the Best Actress results this year.

Eric commented on how the winner was determined by management. “We actually don’t cast our votes on our own–we usually meet as a group and discuss together. Most of the awards are based off the votes of audience viewers and employees. The week before the polls closed, the company made sure that every employee had ample time to vote – that’s why their votes make up a big percentage of the overall total.”

Asked who was his personal choice for Best Actress, Eric candidly said, “My pick is actually Mandy Wong (黃智雯). She performed well during the TVB Anniversary Gala, and I think her nominated drama was very well done. Her other dramas are great as well – in fact, I’ve already complimented her on this. In the end, everyone’s opinions are different – that’s why you only know after the final decision.”

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is possible that they are hanging on in order to save face or due to family pressure. :coffee:
Wat is the point? That means both are not getting roots...becos if eat outside, the whole world will know than end up like another Jacqueline scandal than have to beg to get lucrative contracts etc ..if not can literally end up as beggar

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

2021 TVB Anniversary Awards: Shaun Tam and Rosina Lam Win Best Actor and Best Actress​

1641561665651.png

The 2021 TVB Anniversary Awards was held on January 3 with Shaun Tam (譚俊彥) winning three awards including Best Actor, Malaysia’s Most Favorite Actor for Take Two <換命真相>, and Best Dressed Male Artiste. Rosina Lam (林夏薇) also scored Best Actress for her memorable performance in Battle of the Seven Sisters <七公主>, which boosted her popularity.

Shaun Tam is Big Winner of the Night

Big winner Shaun was on the verge of tears when he accepted his award, as he took a deep breath and bowed to everyone in gratitude before thanking all the senior executives including Virginia Lok (樂易玲), Eric Tsang (曾志偉), and Catherine Tsang (曾勵珍). He apologized to his parents for being unable to call them often while thanking them for their never-ending support.

As the son of Ti Lung (狄龍), Shaun once shared that his father would not praise him even if he were to win an award, but many believe his father who came to witness his victory is surely proud of him. The actor continued, “I love you all a lot, including my wife, who is my everything. I wouldn’t be able to win this award without you, so thank you, I will never forget my original intentions!” Shaun felt even more emotional as the day also marked his seventh marriage anniversary.

Rosina Lam’s Surprise Win

Rosina, who was recognized for her revealing performance in Battle of the Seven Sisters, finally made a breakthrough after years of hardships and criticisms. While accepting the award, Rosina cried when her name was called. “Since enrolling into the Central Academy of Drama in 2004, I have filmed endlessly until the awards today. Many people say that it takes 10 years of hard work just for one minute on stage, but it took me 17 years because of my poor qualifications. I remember on my first day of classes, my teacher said that in order to learn how to act, I have to learn how to become a human. Focusing on your original intentions is what kept me striving throughout these years, and I’m so glad I didn’t give up.”

The 34-year-old also expressed that her mother did not approve of Rosina’s choice to become an actress at first, so Rosina is happy to prove she could do it.

Linda Loses Best Actress Again

Linda Chung
(鍾嘉欣) made her long-awaited comeback after three years with medical drama Kids’ Lives Matter <星空下的仁醫>. She was the favorite to win Best Actress, and many had high expectations since Linda also attended the ceremony.

In the industry for 17 years, Linda has been nominated for Best Actress numerous times, but has never won the award. Missing out again this year, Linda won Malaysia’s Most Favorite TVB Actress award. Upon her second time winning the award, she expressed, “I am thankful of all the love and support from my fans in Malaysia. Honestly, I am happy about winning any award, and I consider TVB as a school I really like and grateful for because they gave me my name.”

Kenneth Ma and Ali Lee Win Popularity Awards

Kenneth Ma
(馬國明) also bagged Most Popular Male Character for Kids’ Lives Matter, and Ali Lee (李佳芯) secured Most Popular Female Character for Beauty and the Boss <愛美麗狂想曲>. Both shared how they did not expect to win any awards, but are thankful for everyone’s support and will continue working hard.

Other notable winners:

Best Drama:
Battle of the Seven Sisters <七公主>

Best Supporting Actor: Brian Chu (朱敏瀚)

Best Supporting Actress: Yoyo Chen (陳自瑤)

Most Improved Actor: Joey Law (羅天宇), Karl Ting (丁子朗)

Most Improved Actress: Lesley Chiang (姜麗文)

Most Popular Onscreen Partnership: Mandy Lam (林淑敏) and Jack Hui (許家傑) in Come Home Love: Lo and Behold <愛·回家之開心速遞>

Lifetime Achievement Award: David Chiang (姜大衛)

Best Male Host: Johnson Lee in Family Feud <思家大戰>

Best Female Host: Janis Chan (陳貝兒) in No Poverty Land <無窮之路>

Best Variety Show: Stars Academy <聲夢傳奇>

Most Popular Drama Theme Song: Stars Academy <造夢時學會飛行>

Best Informative Program: Scoop <東張西望>

Best Dressed Male Artiste: Shaun Tam

Best Dressed Female Artiste: Jeannie Chan (陳瀅)

Malaysia’s Favorite Drama Series: Kids’ Lives Matter

Malaysia’s Favorite TVB Actor: Shaun Tam

Malaysia’s Favorite TVB Actress: Linda Chung

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Owen Cheung and Renci Yeung Move in Together​

1641658559302.png

Making the Top Five Best Actors’ list, Owen Cheung (張振朗) eventually lost to Shaun Tam (譚俊彥). Nevertheless, Owen’s hard efforts in The Ringmaster <拳王> are obvious, and he is regarded with increasing importance by TVB with more heavyweight roles. Other than his career, his love life with ViuTV actress, Renci Yeung (楊偲泳), is just as bright.

Their relationship came to light in 2020 after they were seen on a date. In a rare move for a TVB artiste, Owen publicly admitted his dating relationship with Renci. Dating for three years, Renci has moved into Owen’s home in Sham Tseng.

Despite the couple’s readiness to take the next step in life together, TVB allegedly requested that Owen try to keep his relationship low profile. In hopes of protecting it, the pair has continued their relationship in a secretive manner.

Owen Includes Renci in Family Activities

Owen has included Renci in his family activities. The pair has allegedly met with each other’s parents, and Renci has been accepted into Owen’s family. Owen often praises Renci for her great personality and said she is very filial.

During his break, Owen was seen picking up his nephew from school with Renci. She was seen holding onto Owen’s nephew’s hands, while Owen filmed them with his cell phone. It was a heartwarming scene, and they looked like a family of three!

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ron Ng and Hana Kuk’s Relationship Heats Up​

1641736561839.png

Tagged as an item since last September, Hana Kuk (菊梓喬) and Ron Ng’s (吳卓羲) relationship rumors are at an all-time high, after the actor brought his family to watch her New Year’s Eve performance.

Appearing at Yan Chai Charity Show’s <慈善星輝仁濟夜> press conference, Hana seemed prepared for the barrage of press questions and thanked Ron for supporting her performance. “Many good friends and their family came to support that night. It’s been a long time since I’ve performed outdoors, so I was really happy to see a large audience.”

Hana is full of compliments towards Ron, “He is a well-respected senior, and his dramas are good.” As Ron is well known for being filial, Hana agreed and praised him for being a nice and good person.

When asked if she felt that Ron is pursuing her, Hana said that the feeling of being pursued is very subjective. The only thing she felt was that it was very windy and cold on the night of her performance! Reporters did not beat around the bush, and directly asked if Ron was her boyfriend, but Hana declined to comment. They added that Ron did not deny that she was his girlfriend, but Hana awkwardly brushed off the question stating that she is focusing on work.

Usually, companies are aversive to their artistes dating, but Hana’s company did not ask her to keep her relationships low profile. When asked what her Valentine’s Day plans are, she shared that she will be performing for a wedding. She has never celebrated the holiday regardless of whether she is dating or single.