• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Tavia Yeung and Him Law Reunite as In-Laws in “Modern Dynasty”​

1642683930741.png

Starring Chilam Cheung (張智霖), Tavia Yeung (楊茜堯), Him Law (羅子溢), Raymond Wong (黃浩然), Lynn Hung (熊黛林), and Rain Lee (李彩樺), family power struggle drama Modern Dynasty <家族榮耀> premiered in January on TVB and Youku. Boasting a big budget with extravagant sets, Modern Dynasty dazzles visually as it follows the intense power struggles within the Ma family, one of the business giants in Hong Kong.

It begins with the sensational weddings of two brothers Ma Yaozu (Raymond Wong) and Ma Yaotang (Him Law) marrying pageant beauties Zhen Xin (Tavia Yeung) and Jia Luoyi (Rain Lee) respectively on the same day. While everyone is full of smiles at the wedding, there are hidden rivalries, revenge schemes, and even a forbidden love affair ready to tear the family apart.

1642683967579.png

Zhen Xin ambitiously strives to gain the highest family power at the expense of those closest to her, while Luoyi waits for the right moment to execute her revenge plan.

Meanwhile, other members of the Ma family carry their own agenda. Ma Zhanhong (Chilam Cheung) betrays the family while seeking revenge. Ma Shihong (Henry Yu 于洋) also holds a dark family secret that no one knows.

The drama marks the first time in 10 years where real-life couple Him and Tavia reunite on screen. However, Tavia portrays Him’s sister-in-law in the drama but they do share screen time together as they fight for their own interests in the same family.

Conceived by former TVB producer Tommy Leung (梁家樹), Modern Dynasty falls back on familiar tropes and conventional plot twists in the genre. At 30 episodes, the melodrama does not exhaust itself and still is worth catching for its big stars.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Lisa Tse Reveals Why She Became a Nurse​

1642771610051.png

Since Miss Hong Kong 2020, Lisa Tse (謝嘉怡) won over viewers with her sweet image and approachable personality. Aside from starring in Come Home Love: Lo and Behold <愛·回家之開心速遞>, Lisa also started her own YouTube channel to interact with more fans.

Answering questions from fans, Lisa said her favorite place in Hong Kong is Lantau Island as she finds it to be incredibly relaxing to be near water. Taking after her mother in terms of looks, Lisa actually resembles her father in personality. “I’m like my mom in some aspects, such as my caring side. But I resemble my dad in everything else!” Lisa said.

Previously a nurse in the operating room in Scotland, Lisa enjoys helping and teaching others. She decided to become a nurse to learn about surgeries. Lisa received compliments for her kind heart and beauty.

When asked why she knew how to speak Cantonese despite growing up in Scotland, Lisa revealed that she was partially raised by her grandmother. In order to communicate with her grandmother and her aunt, Lisa took the initiative to learn Cantonese. Netizens noticed that Lisa’s Cantonese speaking abilities have vastly improved since her pageant days, and praised her progress.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Elaine Yiu and Joel Chan Promote “The Righteous Fists”​

1643029762675.png

Action-packed TVB drama The Righteous Fists <鐵拳英雄> scored viewership ratings of 24.8 points during its premiere week. The cast Ruco Chan (陳展鵬), Natalie Tong (唐詩詠), Elaine Yiu (姚子羚), Joel Chan (陳山聰), and Philip Ng (伍允龍) were ecstatic, and hope the ratings continue to rise to new heights.

Following their collaborations in The Unholy Alliance <同盟> and The Runner <大步走>, Elaine and Joel continue to set off sparks in The Righteous Fists. Although many of their friends make fun of them for their chemistry, Elaine often clarifies that Joel is already a married man and she is also good friends with his wife.

Although she is already 41, Elaine is in great shape and handles her action scenes well. “The style of fighting is so different from The Unholy Alliance. The most difficult part of the process is learning the moves before I can shoot the scene. I was worried that I would not be muscular enough for the role, but I tried my best,” Elaine said.

As she thinks age is a only a number, Elaine believes that a strong mentality is important to fight off aging. Joel complimented her for having nice skin and that she could easily play a character in her 20s or 30s. Elaine laughed and joked that she will just find the oldest leading actor to collaborate with.

When asked if there is a leading actor who is of “old age,” Joel responded that every leading actor is old given they are all fathers at this point.

Ruco Chan Celebrates His Birthday

During the promotional event, the cast participated in various games on stage. In one game, the actresses had to pop the balloons that were placed on the actors’ laps. Natalie used her high heels to pop Ruco and Philip’s balloons, which rattled them. The emcee laughed and pointed out that Philip does not have any children yet, so she should be more careful. On the other hand, Ruco already has a lovely wife and daughter waiting for him at home.

Speaking of his family, Ruco’s wife Phoebe Sin (單文柔) and their daughter baked a beautiful cake to celebrate the actor’s birthday last week. “I was very happy during my birthday, because my daughter was so well behaved. She even sang to me, because she wanted to blow out my birthday candles.”

Phoebe bakes a homemade cake for Ruco every year, and this year’s cake took over 10 hours to make. He is very grateful that Phoebe takes such good care of the family at home. When asked how he would repay his wife, Natalie jumped in and responded that Ruco returns the favor every night. He joked that having a few more children would definitely keep Phoebe busy.

Natalie is Still Looking for the Right Person

As Natalie claims she is still single, she usually attends handicraft classes with Priscilla Wong (黃翠如) in her free time. Priscilla had tried to introduce someone to Natalie, but it did not work out. “She tried before, but now she doesn’t dare because it failed. She would rather spend time with me instead.”

When asked if she would consider asking matchmaker expert Bob Lam (林盛斌) for help, Natalie said she would wait when he starts a business. In the meantime, she will leave it up to fate.

jw5

Loyal
from yahoo.com:

Co-stars deny Ali Lee's alleged lack of discipline​

1643117472621.png

24 Jan – Ali Lee recently had two of her former co-stars defending her, following rumours that she lacked discipline on the set of her dramas.

According to HK01, a source from TVB reportedly claimed that the actress was often late on the set of her new drama, "A Kind of Good Man" and would not apologise despite her behaviour.

It added that a lot of the cast and crew would avoid her outside of filming due to her behaviour.

However, when asked about the rumour, Joe Ma and Billy Luk, who both worked with Ali in "A Kind of Good Man" and "AI Rhapsody" respectively, dismissed the said rumour as false.

"It was okay. I had a great time shooting," said Joe.

1643117511444.png

"She was never late during filming," said Billy. "One time, she and I arrived on location at about the same time. I don't know why such a rumour is spreading. Which supposed internal source is saying this?"

On the other hand, Ali herself stated that she has never heard of such a rumour, and that she has enjoyed working in all of her dramas.

She later took to Instagram Story and shared a message that read, "There are two strokes in the [Chinese character] of human. One for prosperity, and one for adversity. When things are good, be kind to others and when times are bad, be kind to yourself."

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Crystal Fung Wants to Improve Herself​

1643210684993.png

During the filming of Top Sales 2 <識貨2>, Crystal Fung (馮盈盈) revealed that she just finished a Chinese medicine diet course. Since she has not filmed a drama or dated for some time, Crystal has been focused on improving her own self-growth.

Known for her go-getter attitude, Crystal is intent on acquiring more knowledge to improve her Top Sales 2 selling skills when she is asked to sell certain products. She mainly wanted to learn basic selling tactics to help her during her own live broadcasts.

During the show, Crystal teamed up with Maggie Wong (黃美棋) to sell art pieces and crystal bracelets in a live broadcast competition. The six contestants were seen training in nine episodes before facing off in the Top Sales 2 finale to see who could sell the most products.

When asked why she has not appeared in a drama recently, Crystal said she is waiting for TVB to organize her schedule. As with her dating life, she wants to leave that to fate. She has been focusing on her studies, because she believes that she can attract a better person if she is also more qualified.

While Bob Lam (林盛斌) is known as a prized matchmaker at TVB and helped Sammi Cheung (張秀文) and Queenie Chu (朱慧敏) find their husbands, Crystal joked that Bob has not helped her in that aspect.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee Said Future Developments With Mark Chan Are Impossible​

1643295978613.png

Since last year, Ali Lee (李佳芯) has been linked with rich businessman Mark Chan (陳恩德). In October, Ali and Mark were seen meeting at a hotel for two hours and she left in his seven seater van. Yesterday, tabloids once again published Ali and Mark’s photos together and claimed they have been secretly dating for a year. Strongly denying the rumors, Ali said she has only met Mark for “business reasons” and there is no future development for anything else.

Even before Ali split up with her ex-boyfriend Danny Chan (陳炳銓) in 2020, she allegedly knew Mark had feelings for her and they developed an ambiguous relationship. Aside from endorsing Mark’s company products, Ali had asked Mark to invest $350,000 Hong Kong dollars in her short film.

Mark’s Hot Pursuit

From the start, Mark’s admiration for Ali has been clear from the start, and put in efforts to win her heart. He especially ordered a birthday cake with the Chinese character “heart” written in the same manner as the cover of her book. He also gifted a custom-made a diamond brooch for her with the same word.

In the disclosed photos yesterday, there was a photo of Ali and Mark in the backyard of his Beacon Hill luxury home. There was artificial snow swirling around the pair, and the environment looked very romantic. In another photo said to be taken by Mark, a makeup-less Ali was happily eating a roasted goose leg.

Ali Said “There is No Future Development”

As rumors grew in their intensity, Ali clarified on Instagram that she is not dating Mark.

“I was introduced to Mr. Chan in mid-August 2020 by a colleague. Mr. Chan had planned to work with different artistes to promote a line of products, and we were discussing a diet coffee at the time. The first time I met him and his staff was at his Causeway Bay office. After a few meetings, we were not able to come to a consensus so we had stopped discussions.

“Afterwards, Mr. Chan invited me to take part in an animal-related project. I had learned at the time that he was also working with many other artistes. Unfortunately, my cat had just passed away so we did not move further with the plan.

“Afterwards, he invited me again to take part in his charity concert. However, the plan was put on hold after discussions with my company and the fact that I did not feel confident in my singing.

“During this time, I did meet with Mr. Chan at restaurants and at his office to discuss the aforementioned projects, but we did not meet for personal reasons. At the end of 2021, we reconnected by phone to discuss a possible investment in my short film. In October, we met at a hotel restaurant to discuss the details, but we did not meet again in order to avoid misunderstandings after the rumors arose.

“From 2020 until now, Mr. Chan and I have only met for business purposes. I want to clarify that we have never developed any relationship, and there will be no opportunity for that in the future either,” Ali said firmly.

Mark Remains Hopeful

Stating that he and Ali are good friends, Mark does not want to respond to questions related to his love life. However, he admitted to gifting Ali a brooch because he wanted to support her. In response to the roasted goose date pictures, he clarified that they were just eating dinner as friends.

Revealing that he is currently single, Mark said, “She is a really good person. I do hope there is a chance for us to develop our relationship, but I don’t want to say too much because I want to protect Ali.” He shared that he is currently looking into how the photos were leaked.

In response to Ali’s statement, Mark helplessly said, “Her personality is as hard as iron! She probably has a lot of burdens as an artiste but I don’t have any.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Annoyed With TVB, Ali Lee’s Admirer Pulls Out Advertising Budget​

1643383505656.png

When tabloids claimed Ali Lee (李佳芯) was involved in a one-year romance with millionaire Mark Chan (陳恩德), the actress quickly stated there are no chances for “future development.” When TVB stepped into the picture to help extricate Ali, this stoked Mark’s anger and he threatened to pull his multimillion-dollar advertising budget with the station.

Mark Feels Disrespected by TVB

Yesterday, Ali was originally scheduled to make an endorsement appearance at Mark’s company event regarding the launch of the world’s first pet theme park. After their romantic rumors, Mark expressed TVB made some very unreasonable requests so he told her not to come. Instead, TVB artistes Jacky Cai (蔡潔) and Joey Thye (戴祖儀) attended the event.

At the end of the event, Mark clarified, “Initially, I reached out to Ali and her manager inviting them to the event, and they agreed to come. However, TVB told me yesterday that if Ali attends the event then she will not be allowed to take photos with me. For group photos, they said that we would have to stand at a distance. I feel these requests are very disrespectful and illogical.”

He reached out to Ali privately to ask if this was her idea or TVB’s instructions. “I won’t disclose our personal conversation, but she said that it was TVB’s idea.” Emphasizing that he felt very disrespected he added, “I am someone who does not like taking photos, but during today’s event I took photos with each guest. I feel so disrespected–I give TVB over $10 million Hong Kong dollars in advertising fees every year. How has it come to this? I’ve decided to pull all of my advertising. I think [TVB executive] Virginia Lok (樂易玲) owes me an explanation.”

A member of his executive team expressed that they have already sent a letter to TVB, and hope to reach a resolution.

Continues to Protect Ali

Mark continued to be reluctant to clarify his relationship with Ali, but still regards her favorably. “I only responded to the earlier issue, because it is related to work. I don’t want to talk about other personal matters. At the end of the day Ali is a good person, and I don’t want to hurt her no matter what she says. On my end, she is still my good friend. Since she could not attend, I will still give her the gifts from the event today. However, I will not be paying the fees, because it doesn’t go to her but rather TVB.”

Ms. Lok’s Response

As the controversy escalated, Ms. Lok replied to press inquiries. “Many TVB artistes attended the event, and it was very lively. TVB has always maintained a good relationship with our advertising clients. As for activities outside of TVB’s work, protecting and respecting an artiste’s wishes are the basic responsibilities of management.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

“Used Good” Snaps Up 28 Ratings Points in Finale​

1643458388095.png

TVB released its weekly ratings report for the week ending January 16, and there has been a rise in viewership across the board. One of the reasons cited for the overall increase is tighter restaurant dining restrictions implemented due to worsening COVID-19 cases, which resulted in more viewers staying home to watch television. Supernatural drama Used Good <異搜店>, which stars Matthew Ho (何廣沛) and Hera Chan (陳曉華), performed especially well.

In its last week of broadcast, Used Good received 25.5 points in weekly ratings. The final episode achieved 28 viewership ratings points, which is the highest-rated episode among TVB dramas since August 2020. The drama received an average of 22.3 points during its four-week broadcast, and is the third highest rated series aired in the 8:30 p.m. timeslot since January 2021.

In 2021, the drama with the highest overall ratings is Ruco Chan’s (陳展鵬) Sinister Beings <逆天奇案> with 24.7 points. Naturally, Ruco’s new drama The Righteous Fists <鐵拳英雄> had high expectations entering its broadcast. Starring Natalie Tong (唐詩詠), Elaine Yiu (姚子羚), and Joel Chan (陳山聰), the drama took over the 9:30 p.m. time slot from Hello Misfortune <愛上我的衰神> and achieved an average of 21.7 points in its first week on air.

Longtime sitcom, Love Come Home: Lo and Behold <愛.回家之開心速遞>, continued to hold up ratings at 26 points, which is 2.3 points higher than the prior week.

Weekend dramas and shows also saw a rise. Forever Young at Heart <青春本我> received 16.5 points; Family Feud <思家大戰> received 19.3 points; and Master Chef Challenge Working <教煮爭霸> received 14.4 points.