• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Mandy Wong Faces Stiff Competition for TVB Queen Award​

1638543488859.png

Although Mandy Wong (黃智雯) has starred in a number of prolific TVB dramas, she has yet to take home the TVB Queen title despite making the shortlist on numerous occasions. This year, Mandy is once again nominated for the station’s top award for two dramas Murder Diary <刑偵日記> and The Line Watchers <把關者們>, however, Mandy’s chances are dampened by a strong list of contenders.

Many fans are expressing their support for Mandy to win the TVB Queen award for her role as Madam Kwan in Line Walker: Bull Fight. Many fans claim that Mandy’s emotional scene of experiencing a miscarriage was touching and showed depth in the artiste’s acting.

However, this year’s contender includes Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) who made a strong impression after returning to the station for Kids’ Lives Matter <星空下的仁醫>. In addition, Elaine Yiu (姚子羚) is climbing up in popularity from her role in The Ringmaster <拳王> and is an actress pinned as this year’s dark horse. Adding to the list, Ali Lee (李佳芯) and Rosina Lam (林夏薇) are both fans’ favorites and have a high chance of winning.

Hoping to bring herself some luck, Mandy was spotted praying at Lin Fa Temple while taking on more work at TVB. At this year’s TVB Anniversary Gala, Mandy hoped to impress viewers with a dangerous aerial aerobic performance while being suspended 32 feet high in the air. In order to perfect the performance, Mandy braved through several injuries and vertigo, and is reportedly seeking urgent help from an acupuncturist. Mandy’s efforts have not gone unnoticed.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Louise Wong Happy over Box Office Triumph of “Anita”​

1638621650843.png

Starring Louise Wong (王丹妮) and Louis Koo (古天樂) and directed by Longmond Leung (梁樂民), biopic Anita <梅艷芳>, which traces the life of iconic Cantopop singer Anita Mui (梅艷芳) evoked nostalgia for an entire generation by portraying the beauty of a bygone era. Almost two weeks since release, the film has crossed the 40 million HKD box office milestone!

The three spoke to the media recently while officiating an exhibit opening for promotional photos taken by renowned photographer Wing Shya (夏永康) for the film. Surprised and delighted by the film’s superb box office, Louis is happy that many cinema-goers are streaming in to catch the movie, while he himself has only watched it once due to his busy schedule. The 51-year-old shared that his mother has caught the film and has given it the thumbs-up! While delighted by news that Anita has been forecasted to break local box office records for Hong Kong films, he prioritizes making a film appreciated by moviegoers over specific box office statistics.

Thrilled by the success of her first cinematic role, lead actress Louise thanked the entire crew and said she would continue doing her best. Having rewatched the film a few times already, the 32-year-old shared that she had booked an entire theater to enjoy the film with her family. “Everyone screamed, [there were] lots of tissues, and a flood of memories every time I watch it, couldn’t help tearing up,” she recalled. The new actress added that completing Anita felt like a “mission accomplished”, making all her efforts worthwhile.

Louise Wong Has Many Film Offers

Asked if he would be reserving more casting opportunities for Louise, given his fervent production of filmic works in recent years, Louis replied, “I heard many film[makers] are interested in casting her, artistes will always be keen on films with potential,”

When the actress suggested that she could take on a comedic role next, Louis shared that the comedic genre is rather demanding as it requires “many elements” coming together, since actors would need to have both a strong personal style on top of spontaneous creativity. While acknowledging that comedies can bring much-needed light-heartedness to the current social climate, Louis said that conceptualizing of scripts often “meet with difficulties midway”.

With work lined up for the both of them over the upcoming festive season, Louise is nevertheless looking forward to be able to take time off to enjoy a hearty Christmas feast with her loved ones.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Venus Wong Wants to Win Best Actress​

1638971391183.png

Receiving two TVB Best Actress nominations for Murder Diary <刑偵日記> and The Line Watchers <把關者們>, Venus Wong (王敏奕) seems to be starring in all the buzzworthy dramas these days.

Given her countless opportunities, the 29-year-old was asked if she hopes to win Best Actress this year. “It would be great if I did. Everyone wants an award. It would be an honor if I did get it,” Venus admitted. However, she believes that every drama has its own fate in terms of ratings, so all she can do is enjoy the filming process.

In The Line Watchers, Venus portrays Madam Wong, who struggles to get along with her team despite being the customs supervisor. Given that her character is the complete opposite of her real personality, Venus had suffered from insomnia because she lacked the confidence in playing her role. After putting on the uniform, she could suddenly envision herself in the position. “During our first script reading, Moon Lau (劉佩玥) said I sounded funny because I spoke very robotically.” Understanding that her voice is weak, Venus tries to add more power to her line delivery, as well as try to communicate with her eyes. When filming started, Venus became more persuasive in her character.

“My mom said that I will become the character when the personality shows,” Venus said. She expressed that her family is very proud of her accomplishments.

Although Venus has two more upcoming TVB dramas Bystander <旁觀者> and Forensic Heroes 5 <法證先鋒V>, her biggest goal is to win a Hong Kong Film Award. She believes that an award is not always necessary to prove one’s ability. “I am already satisfied if people think that I am a professionally qualified actress.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Regina Ho Responds to Hurtful Rumors Over Her Posh Lifestyle​

1638976167199.png

Just as Regina Ho’s (何依婷) career is rocketing, the 27-year-old Miss Hong Kong beauty is facing hurtful rumors that she is leading a luxury lifestyle far outside her means.

Appearing at A Love of No Words <十月初五的月光> promotional event with the cast yesterday, Regina was pressed for answers over tabloid reports that claimed she has moved from an old condo in Prince Edward into a luxury home with an ocean view, is being driven around in a HK$500,000 car, and has spent HK$20,000 to hire a personal assistant.

It is said that Regina’s new residence is a luxury development in Hung Hom district famous for its fireworks views of Victoria Harbour. The units start at 1,400 square feet in size, and sell for upwards of HK$30 million.

Eager to protect her privacy and defending herself, Regina said, “I feel that it shouldn’t matter where an artiste lives. At this point, I don’t have the ability to buy a home so I am renting right now. When I am finally able to afford a home, I will definitely tell everyone. As for the car, I’ve talked about this for many years now. Everyone knows that I bought it second hand at a really cheap price. When I bought it, it was already six years old, now it’s eight or nine years old. I feel that the recent news are just trying to drum up interest for the drama.”

She denied hiring a personal assistant for the exorbitant amount of HK$20,000, and said the woman is actually her friend. “She gave me a discount based on our friendship, and is helping me because she knows that I’m really busy when filming dramas. I always tell the crew that she takes care of me like a half sister and mother, so I feel unhappy that she is now all over magazine covers.”

Many of Regina’s friends had messaged her about the news and expressed their concern. Since A Love of No Words is currently airing, she understands that news and gossip will be more rampant. However, Regina is unhappy that this implicated her family and friends. “They don’t work in this field, and I don’t want them to become after dinner gossip. This is happening because I didn’t do a good enough job.”

Cast in Charmaine Sheh‘s (佘詩曼) role in a remake of classic drama Return of the Cuckoo <十月初五的月光>, Regina had big shoes to fill in A Love of No Words. Despite the drama averaging a healthy 23.5 viewership points in its first week of broadcast, some viewers have criticized Regina’s raw acting and high-pitched voice.

“There’ll always be people that like you and those that don’t. The most important thing is to always try your best. I will take the criticism seriously, and see where I have room for improvement. If everyone around me just kept singing praises, then it’ll be hard to see my flaws so I am thankful for the criticism,” Regina said calmly.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Venus Wong Wants to Win Best Actress​

1639146584448.png

Receiving two TVB Best Actress nominations for Murder Diary <刑偵日記> and The Line Watchers <把關者們>, Venus Wong (王敏奕) seems to be starring in all the buzzworthy dramas these days.

Given her countless opportunities, the 29-year-old was asked if she hopes to win Best Actress this year. “It would be great if I did. Everyone wants an award. It would be an honor if I did get it,” Venus admitted. However, she believes that every drama has its own fate in terms of ratings, so all she can do is enjoy the filming process.

In The Line Watchers, Venus portrays Madam Wong, who struggles to get along with her team despite being the customs supervisor. Given that her character is the complete opposite of her real personality, Venus had suffered from insomnia because she lacked the confidence in playing her role. After putting on the uniform, she could suddenly envision herself in the position. “During our first script reading, Moon Lau (劉佩玥) said I sounded funny because I spoke very robotically.” Understanding that her voice is weak, Venus tries to add more power to her line delivery, as well as try to communicate with her eyes. When filming started, Venus became more persuasive in her character.

“My mom said that I will become the character when the personality shows,” Venus said. She expressed that her family is very proud of her accomplishments.

Although Venus has two more upcoming TVB dramas Bystander <旁觀者> and Forensic Heroes 5 <法證先鋒V>, her biggest goal is to win a Hong Kong Film Award. She believes that an award is not always necessary to prove one’s ability. “I am already satisfied if people think that I am a professionally qualified actress.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eddie Kwan Buys Fabienne A Car​

1639314214027.png

One of the most watched second-gen stars, 26-year-old Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨) was recently sighted at a car showroom with her father, veteran actor Eddie Kwan (關禮傑), where he spent millions on a car for her daily commute!

A hot favorite for the Miss Hong Kong 2021 pageant, Fabienne had attracted much attention as some felt she had an unfair advantage when giving a piano performance with Eddie by her side.

While she did fairly well throughout the various segments, she only managed to place fourth eventually, losing the title to Sabrina Mendes (宋宛穎). However, that did not derail her acting ambitions, as a TVB contract was offered to a few contestants who were eliminated, including Fabienne, who looks to kickstart her entertainment career – which her father fully supports. Having influenced Eddie to also go vegan, the 1.61m-tall artiste also has a vegan gourmet cinnamon rolls business.

Vocal about her wishes to try filming dramas, Fabienne is highly regarded by TVB and had already appeared on cooking program Oppa’s Cuisine <男神廚房> as an assistant, to gain some cameo experience. With positive viewer responses, the newbie is expected to receive further opportunities!

Since Fabienne currently resides in the Yuen Long district with her parents, she originally planned to move to a rented Lohas Park unit in Tseung Kwan O, to accommodate her daily commute to TVB City. Being the loving father that he is, Eddie decided to fork out millions on a car after considering the lengthy commuting journey. The private transport would also allow Fabienne to continue living together with the family so he and his wife could take better care of her, through nutritious homecooked meals and brewed soups.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Jacky Cai Films in Cold Rain for “The Ringmaster”​

1639319241145.png

In currently airing TVB anniversary drama The Ringmaster <拳王>, actress Jacky Cai (蔡潔) plays capricious and overbearing rich girl Gong Ka Ching, who often snapped at Brian Chu’s character (朱敏瀚) Danny, despite the latter giving in to her time and again. As the story unfolded, she gradually revealed her forthrightness and naivete, which managed to endear viewers, and her portrayal earned their positive reception online.

On December 10’s episode, she decides to confess to Cheng Lam (played by Owen Cheung 張振朗), whom she has long harbored feelings for, and rode her bike in the rain as a delivery girl in order to help Cheng Lam hit his ‘target’. As most of the rainy scenes in the drama were shot during the winter season, the cast including Jacky, Elaine Yiu (姚子羚) and Hugo Wong (黃子恒) had to be drenched in the cold during the wee hours of filming.

Despite this, Jacky felt warmed by the crew’s efforts, sharing that they had ‘wrapped’ her in plastic cling to keep her warm. “They wrapped me very fashionably, I couldn’t resist taking a photo as memento, there was also a [temporary] room for us to hide from the cold, I felt very warmed [by the gesture],”

Despite having to raise her voice every time she spoke on set due to her character’s brashness, what vexed her the most was having to keep snacking. “My character loves eating, I snacked on potato chips and peanuts so much I got a sore throat. But compared to the guys who couldn’t eat, I felt I had special rights,”

1639319291239.png

The 32-year-old added that as she was rather introverted and spoke softly in real life, it was thus a challenge for her to keep getting mad and raising her volume on set.

“Don’t think only they are tired out from boxing, I’m not a weakling either. This character has very high energy levels, but I’m happy that friends who know me saw that I put in a lot of effort [for the role], especially in the way I speak.”

The Shaw Brothers artiste won Miss Melbourne Chinese pageant in 2012 and represented the city to take part in the TVB-organized Miss Chinese International pageant the following year. Said to resemble actress Ali Lee (李佳芯), she is set to take on first female lead role in popular sequel Forensic Heroes V <法證先鋒V>.

1639319334118.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Miriam Yeung Moves to Shanghai​

1639489045962.png

After taking part in reality show Viva La Romance 3 <妻子的浪漫旅行3> with her husband Real Ting (丁子高), Miriam Yeung (楊千嬅) has been focusing on developing her career in China. Both have both been staying in China to work for long periods of time. Previously, Miriam would return to Hong Kong immediately after finishing work to see her 9-year-old son Torres. Now that her workload has greatly increased, Miriam has relocated her entire family to Shanghai.

Miriam had already hinted at her decision to move to Shanghai in July, when she uploaded a family photo on social media to celebrate Real’s 42th birthday and wrote, “Having a place to return to is home; having someone you love is a family. Having both is happiness. I love both of you.”

Sources say that Torres is currently studying at a top school in Shanghai with great teachers and an innovative method of teaching. However, studying at a globally-renowned school comes with an astronomical cost–the yearly fee for primary grade school is 280,000 Chinese yuan.

When reached for comments, Miriam explained that their move to Shanghai is not permanent. “My home is still Hong Kong, so I will return there. I am temporarily in Shanghai, because I accepted a job in China and need to finish it. I took Torres along with me, because I’ll miss him too much if we are separated for a long time apart. He will go to school in China for now. Real’s family is in Shanghai so it’s convenient. Real also has a company in Hong Kong, so he will continue to fly between both cities.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ruco Chan is Glad Phoebe Sin Can Read His Mind​

1639495137552.png

Married since 2018 with a 2-year-old daughter, Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Phoebe Sin (單文柔) have a beautiful family. Although their marriage has been relatively short and Phoebe is younger than him by 13 years, Ruco indicates that she understands him very well and can read his thoughts.

Recently participating in TVB’s new variety show Mind Games <讀心專家>, Ruco and Phoebe seemed very compatible. Completing the challenges given to them by a famous mentalist, the loving couple would flash their mutual affections at each other. Ruco was shocked that the mentalist was able to read Phoebe and his minds so accurately.

Phoebe said on the show, “I used to like clothes shopping when I went out. Now that I am married, I can only go shop at the supermarket.”

Ruco immediately responded that she is “now a pretty wife” and also his mind reader. “Mind reading is when the other person can see what you are thinking without saying it aloud. They know what you are thinking at all times. For me, that person is my wife,” Ruco said.

When the mentalist asked the two to hand over their cellphones for an experiment, Ruco revealed that he had saved many photos of his wife. The couple has high mutual trust, and Phoebe has access to his phone at all times.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Regina Ho on Learning to Deal with Criticism​

1639664567232.png

TVB actress Regina Ho (何依婷) is ushered in as the station’s new rising star after winning Miss Hong Kong 2017 first runner-up and has already landed her first leading role in A Love of No Words <十月初五的月光> – a remake of 2005’s classic Return of the Cuckoo <十月初五的月光>. Under the spotlight, Regina’s acting gets compared with Charmaine Sheh’s (佘詩曼) acting in the original series and this forces Regina to quickly learn to adapt to being under the public’s eyes.

When Regina first debuted, the actress was often the target of negative press as the media painted her as “money-hungry” and “likes to flaunt her wealth.” Faced with the criticism, Regina confesses that it took a toll on her health, “I get an upset stomach when I am unhappy and I have been relying on stomach medicine for a long time. I hope that as I get more mature, I will take less medicines and my stomach and emotions can be stronger. It will be great when I no longer need those medicines.”

In A Love of No Words, not only is Regina faced with a lot of pressure in being compared to Charmaine, Regina is often criticized for her brash portrayal of the character. Responding to the comments, Regina shares, “First, the story has changed. Second, if it’s exactly the same as the original, there is not a lot of purpose in filming a remake and we might as well just watch the original.”

Regina continued, “I wanted to add something new and make my character a little different. The original character really relied on her brother and mother. Now it is 20 years later and there isn’t a girl like that in this era. You need to update the character and make her more independent.”

Under the mounting criticism, Regina grows tougher and chooses face them heads on. Regina reveals that she does not have any regret in filming the remake, “I haven’t done anything wrong so why do I have to care so much. When I was filming the drama, I already tried my best. I have room for improvement but I don’t have any regrets.”

Even as the media continues to print negative rumors, Regina learns to move on, “Honestly, the media says a lot of things that are not true and so it doesn’t affect my personality. Maybe I feel wronged in the face of rumors but it’s ok, I can bear it.”

Thankfully, Regina can always rely on her family for support and she hopes she can one day repay her family, “My parents treat me very well and they didn’t place any financial pressure on me. I usually buy gifts for them but they never ask me for money or to contribute to the living expenses. I wish I could save more money and use the money I never gave them to buy them a property.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Brian Chu On What He Loves Most About Girlfriend, Stitch Yu​

1639763303098.png

Winning Most Improved Actor for Al Cappuccino <反黑路人甲>, Brian Chu (朱敏瀚) currently has many opportunities at TVB. The 29-year-old has starring roles in Anniversary series Take Two <換命真相> and The Ringmaster <拳王>. However, his journey to stardom was not always been smooth sailing.
Treasures Every Performing Opportunity

Brian disclosed that he felt very defeated during his two years hosting Pleasure & Leisure <婦女節目>, a show catered towards middle-aged women. “I initially entered the industry wanting to act in dramas, but unfortunately you have to bow to reality when you don’t have enough work. It’s important to be dedicated to your work, because people around you can tell whether your heart is in it.”
Brian recalled advice he had received from his former co-host Anderson Junior (安德尊), who told him to not look down on any opportunities. His co-host told him that “One day, you will be grateful for your time on Pleasure & Leisure!” Years later, Brian would agree, “In the past, I didn’t know how to communicate effectively–those two years provided great training for my speaking skills and built up my comfort level in front of the camera. I learned that if we accept a job, then we must complete it to the best of our ability. Otherwise there is no point.”

Four years ago, Brian transferred to the drama team and became typecast in younger brother roles. To show producers a different side of himself, Brian put a lot of effort into working out at the gym and becoming more tanned.

What He Loves the Most About Stitch
Meeting Miss Chinese International winner Stitch Yu (余思霆) in 2019 while filming As Time Goes By <好日子>, Brian was initially attracted to her positivity and love for laughter. As he got to know her better, he liked her filial side and the way she treated her friends. He joked that her beauty was an afterthought.

“We started off sending text messages, and very naturally started dating. I never officially asked her out. Our most compatible point is that we know what the other person is thinking, and there are a lot of things we don’t need to say aloud. For example, Stitch completely understood when I had to collaborate with my ex-girlfriend Angel Chiang (蔣家旻) in Take Two,” and there were no misunderstandings.
With Stitch returning to her homeland Taiwan for work, the couple made their one-year long distance relationship work through mutual trust and video calls. Although not a romantic, he prepared a surprise for her, “I am a realistic person, and definitely need to improve my romantic skills! In the past, I had never bought flowers for a girl, but I sent her a bouquet for her birthday while we were apart. She was very happy, because she knows I’m usually not like this.”
Stich gives Brian a lot of motivation to do better in life, but the couple has no plans for marriage yet. “Stitch is definitely my life partner. I am the type who will not date someone if I do not feel like she is a potential partner for marriage. But I also need to look at the foundation of our careers. The most important factor is our financial stability rather than accomplishments. I hope to have the ability to take care of her.”

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Brian Chu On What He Loves Most About Girlfriend, Stitch Yu​

View attachment 129212

Winning Most Improved Actor for Al Cappuccino <反黑路人甲>, Brian Chu (朱敏瀚) currently has many opportunities at TVB. The 29-year-old has starring roles in Anniversary series Take Two <換命真相> and The Ringmaster <拳王>. However, his journey to stardom was not always been smooth sailing.
Treasures Every Performing Opportunity

Brian disclosed that he felt very defeated during his two years hosting Pleasure & Leisure <婦女節目>, a show catered towards middle-aged women. “I initially entered the industry wanting to act in dramas, but unfortunately you have to bow to reality when you don’t have enough work. It’s important to be dedicated to your work, because people around you can tell whether your heart is in it.”
Brian recalled advice he had received from his former co-host Anderson Junior (安德尊), who told him to not look down on any opportunities. His co-host told him that “One day, you will be grateful for your time on Pleasure & Leisure!” Years later, Brian would agree, “In the past, I didn’t know how to communicate effectively–those two years provided great training for my speaking skills and built up my comfort level in front of the camera. I learned that if we accept a job, then we must complete it to the best of our ability. Otherwise there is no point.”

Four years ago, Brian transferred to the drama team and became typecast in younger brother roles. To show producers a different side of himself, Brian put a lot of effort into working out at the gym and becoming more tanned.

What He Loves the Most About Stitch
Meeting Miss Chinese International winner Stitch Yu (余思霆) in 2019 while filming As Time Goes By <好日子>, Brian was initially attracted to her positivity and love for laughter. As he got to know her better, he liked her filial side and the way she treated her friends. He joked that her beauty was an afterthought.

“We started off sending text messages, and very naturally started dating. I never officially asked her out. Our most compatible point is that we know what the other person is thinking, and there are a lot of things we don’t need to say aloud. For example, Stitch completely understood when I had to collaborate with my ex-girlfriend Angel Chiang (蔣家旻) in Take Two,” and there were no misunderstandings.
With Stitch returning to her homeland Taiwan for work, the couple made their one-year long distance relationship work through mutual trust and video calls. Although not a romantic, he prepared a surprise for her, “I am a realistic person, and definitely need to improve my romantic skills! In the past, I had never bought flowers for a girl, but I sent her a bouquet for her birthday while we were apart. She was very happy, because she knows I’m usually not like this.”
Stich gives Brian a lot of motivation to do better in life, but the couple has no plans for marriage yet. “Stitch is definitely my life partner. I am the type who will not date someone if I do not feel like she is a potential partner for marriage. But I also need to look at the foundation of our careers. The most important factor is our financial stability rather than accomplishments. I hope to have the ability to take care of her.”
Is Brian a half breed?