• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

First Look at Navy-themed “The Line Watchers”​

1631715964796.png

Working onscreen for the first time, Benjamin Yuen (袁偉豪) and Carlos Chan (陳家樂) became friendly pals after working on the Navy customs-themed The Line Watchers <把關者們>. Carlos, who is known for his warm guy image, was deliberately arranged to play an arrogant, unlikeable character, while Benjamin will portray a warm and endearing Mr. Popular well-liked by his subordinates.

Conscious of the criticism directed at his looks, Ben said “This time I’ll turn myself into an oppa… I was really tanned after The Murder Diaries <刑偵日記> and PakBen Outdoor Show <兩個小生去camping>, plus did not go outdoors for exercise due to the pandemic… so this time I intentionally gave myself a makeover, and only brought purple sweet potato to eat on set, hope to refresh viewers’ impression and get some of my looks back,”

Playing a high-ranking naval customs officer, Ben’s character is popular among his female subordinates while being savvy with cooking and housework, too! After offering help to Venus Wong (王敏奕) once, she develops good feelings for him, but makes it known that she will not want to come between Ben and his long-time partner Mandy Wong (黃智雯).

While Benjamin once jokingly said he would not want to work with Mandy again – reason being he had a spate of poor career luck after the two of them picked up Favorite Acting Awards together back in 2018, he enthused, “This time I’ll finally become husband and wife with Mandy, fans [were] all delighted to hear about this!”

Mandy shared that Ben and herself will have to deal with challenging customs scenarios together. “We will face painful encounters together; I had an emotional breakdown in one scene and was screaming even after the director yelled “cut”, to let out all my emotions…I want to thank Ben, he is an [onscreen] partner I’m really familiar with, with his company I feel very secure…I don’t have to describe the chemistry between us!”

Known for his endearing “nuannan” (sweet guy) image, Carlos will be challenged to play a haughty, self-centered character who earns the ire of his peers. “My [character] feels that he can accomplish tasks single-handedly, and even finds his work partner Moon Lau (劉佩玥) childish, later he comes to realize that she has numerous strengths which he lacks, and they start to hit it off,”About his character which needs to be at the Hong Kong Customs College every weekend, Carlos said, “It feels that we’re undergoing training, everyone’s really united, [my character] really emphasizes foot drills, so even when we’re totally tired out from filming, I’d get everyone to keep training, the end result turned out pretty well,” As it was his first time working with Ben, the two actors were a little unfamiliar at the beginning, but later started chatting avidly about a variety of topics from music to random small talk.

Produced by Kwan Shu Ming (關樹明), The Linewatchers, which premieres 12 September on TVB Jade, also stars Mark Ma (馬貫東), Yoyo Chen (陳自瑤), Joey Law (罗天宇) and Karl Ting (丁子朗).

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Fabienne Kwan Not Upset Over Pageant Loss​

1631892842176.png

Although actor Eddie Kwan’s (關禮傑) daughter Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨) was regarded as the hot favorite to win Miss Hong Kong 2021, unfortunately she did not place at all. In an interview, the 26-year-old expressed that she was not disappointed, and was already very pleased to have made it to the Top Five.

Lacking eloquence in her communication skills, Fabienne felt she did not perform well during the question and answer segment. She felt that the winner Sabina Mendes (宋宛穎) was deserving of her title due to her “dancing and speaking” skills. “She is also pretty and has a great body. It would be hard for her not to win the crown!”

Reflecting that the pageant helped her to overcome her shyness by focusing on her goals, Fabienne said, “The things that I learned in these three months would normally take me three years to learn. I’m grateful for the opportunity to face these different challenges…. From the start, I didn’t feel as if I was in a competition, because all the girls were supportive of each other.”

Eddie was in the audience to watch Fabienne compete, but left immediately once results were announced. Fabienne stated that her father was not disappointed in her performance. “He just went home to prepare a celebratory event for me!” When reporters asked if she plans on joining the entertainment industry, Fabienne said she would like to try if given the chance.

It turns out that Eddie had booked a hotel staycation for their family of four. Pleased with Fabienne’s performance in the pageant, he said, “She has been working really hard for the past two months, so I wanted her to relax! I spoke with her when she returned to the hotel last night, and she was very happy because the burden has been lifted. I have relaxed as well and am now looking forward to my newest drama The Kwoks or What <我家無難事>. It’s airing–I hope everyone likes it!”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eric Tsang Comments on Grace Chan’s Hosting Skills​

1631974277900.png

With over 1.8 million viewers watching Miss Hong Kong 2021 last Sunday, TVB executive Eric Tsang (曾志偉) expressed his satisfaction despite some minor glitches during the live broadcast. Addressing reports of his foul mood during a portion of the show, Eric also commented on the hosting abilities of the various MCs.

Thrilled the pageant reached an average rating of 26.1 points and peaked at 27.4 points during Jacky Cheung’s (張學友) performance, Eric said Jacky definitely helped create some beautiful memories for TVB viewers. Although Eric hopes that the singer will participate in more TVB events in the future, he realizes Jacky is not someone who is easily moved by money alone.

When the Miss Photogenic award was distributed, the camera captured an angry-looking Eric. He went to talk to the backstage crew after they were seen frantically making hand gestures. Four of the eliminated contestants changed into the wrong clothes, and the backstage crew were trying to communicate this problem. Eric tried to tell them that this was a trivial matter, as long as the MCs have a list of the correct winners, it does not matter if the four eliminated candidates went on stage as well.

Recalling his earlier days as a host in former pageants, Eric admitted he also made similar mistakes. One of the most important lessons he learned from late host, Lydia Shum (沈殿霞), was to never panic under any circumstances.

Commenting on this year’s MCs, Eric praised newcomer Karl Ting (丁子朗) for a solid performance alongside experienced host, Carol Cheng (鄭裕玲). In terms of Grace Chan’s (陳凱琳) hosting skills, Eric felt that Grace was too cautious and put too much pressure on herself. He explained, “She was really great in the past with her solo performances on different reality shows, but she was working with Carol and was afraid of talking too much.” Eric felt that Grace overanalyzed the situation, and should have just spoken up more without any barriers.

While there is a lot to celebrate with this year’s viewership ratings, Eric said he likes to take some time after each show to reflect on what can be improved for next time. However, he is very pleased with how well the pageant turned out, and thanked everyone for the hard work towards making the night successful.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eddie Kwan Doesn’t Think Tattoo Affected His Daughter’s Winning Chances'​

1632141991085.png

Despite being a hot favorite among the top 5 contestants, 26-year-old Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨), who is actor Eddie Kwan’s (關禮傑) daughter failed to place eventually, and professed that her lack of eloquence during the Q&A segment could have been the reason. However, some netizens felt that having a body tattoo could have caused her to lose out on the crown, since winner Sabina Mendes (宋宛穎) similarly failed to impress during Q&A, but still managed to win.

Asked about her tattoo previously, Fabienne shared that she has had the tattoo for a very long time, adding it does not have any special meaning and that she has no plans to erase it. As she already sees her tattoo as a part of her body, she will only accept it affects her winning chances.

As for Eddie, he responded when interviewed at a recent promotional event for upcoming drama The Kwoks or What <我家無難事>. “As her father, if she won it’d been an encouragement, if she didn’t it is also a growing [experience]….at that time I was a little disappointed of course, but not now,” He added that the pageant was a good learning experience for Fabienne: “If life were so smooth, it’d be easier to fall when you encounter setbacks and failures in future, [so] this is rather a good thing,”

As for speculation that his daughter had not placed in the top three due to her tattoo, Eddie begged to differ and felt that times have changed, and tattoos are considered a “form of art”. Referring to the prevalence of tattoos nowadays, he replied: “Also there’re many superstars who have tattoos, so I don’t think having tattoos is a flaw, so you won’t be [labeled] because you’ve a tattoo, I believe beauty pageants emphasize beauty and intelligence in equal parts.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Another Cop Role for Mandy Wong in “The Line Watchers” Lacks Excitement​

1632318733337.png

Since its broadcast in mid-September, The Line Watchers <把關者們> received mixed reviews. Despite its attractive cast consisting of Carlos Chan (陳家樂), Benjamin Yuen (袁偉豪), Mandy Wong (黃智雯), and Venus Wong (王敏奕), the conventional plot left viewers unimpressed.

Revolving around the customs department, the drama opened with Benjamin and C-Kwan (C君) investigating a drug smuggling case and both were caught in a shootout with the villains. Although the two successfully took down the drug ring, the opening lacked originality.

Even with the addition of the romantic storyline between Benjamin, Mandy, and Venus, viewers were still not pleased, especially since the drama is a show centered around police officers. However, some viewers pointed out, “If the romantic storyline is good enough, I’ll forgive the boring plot.”

In fact, a lot of Mainland Chinese viewers left harsh comments on social media and said TVB’s storylines have become as “boring as water.” TVB has been reusing the same ideas and plots with zero changes.

Although Mandy is an experienced actress, many grew annoyed with the fact that she has already played police roles in several series in the past. The typecasting left little surprises, as Mandy’s delivery is similar to past roles.

However, not all reviews have been negative so far, as compliments were noted for Venus’ striking new look and C-Kwan’s comedic performance.

jw5

Loyal
from yahoo.com:

Joyce Tang has no comment about Marco Ngai​

1632406472870.png

22 Sep - Joyce Tang has no interest to give any response regarding ex-boyfriend Marco Ngai, following the actor's recent interview in which he spoke about their past relationship and his battle with mental health issue.

As reported on Mingpao, the actress, who appeared at an event recently, was asked about the said interview, in which Marco spoke about contemplating suicide following his divorce and subsequent unemployment due to the pandemic - an intention that he didn't go through with due to his daughter Jessica.

"There are always ups and downs in life, and the most important thing is to face it happily. Children are very important. Their growth environment is created by adults. I know that he will have a new project soon and I wish him success," she said indifferently.

1632406498934.png

When mentioned that Marco admitted to have left to work in mainland China to escape the reality that she is getting more popular after their breakup, Joyce stated that she introduced the manager who got Marco work in the north.

"But I would rather not talk about it anymore. We are not in contact with one another," she said.

As to the actor's confession that he was happy to see her in a loving relationship, Joyce replied, "Thank you very much."

Joyce and Marco were together for nearly ten years before calling it quits in 2007. The actress subsequently moved on and married her non-showbiz boyfriend, Matthew Chu in 2013.

1632406536613.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eddie Kwan Remains Supportive of Daughter Fabienne’s Future at TVB​

1632492038498.png

Fabienne Kwan(關楓馨) may not have placed in Miss Hong Kong 2021, but she caught the spotlight as actor Eddie Kwan‘s (關禮傑) beautiful daughter. In a televised interview with her father, Fabienne revealed she plans to sign with TVB and explore filming and hosting opportunities.

The 26-year-old had just graduated with a Master’s in Education at University College London in England before joining the pageant. As Fabienne and her younger sister Franziska (關楓盈) both studied abroad, Eddie expressed it was a rare occasion that they are all home this year to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival. He reminisced that he and his wife Anna Leung (梁安娜) surprised Fabienne one year, by secretly flying to England with snow skin mooncakes that were not available for sale in England yet.

Father and Daughter are Both Vegetarians

Aside from looking physically alike, both Eddie and Fabienne are vegetarian. Fabienne revealed why she became a vegetarian for almost six years, “In the past, I always felt really full and uncomfortable after eating out. Many people in England are vegetarians and once I tried it, I realized it wasn’t a difficult change. I watched many documentaries where I learned that being vegetarian would be helpful for climate change and animal rights.”

Like many people who initially become vegetarians, Fabienne felt there were very few vegetarian options. “At that time, there were very little soy products overseas so I could only eat vegetables, beans, and potatoes. Now there are a lot more options.”

Eddie has followed his daughter’s lead and has also become a vegetarian. “I wasn’t used to it at first, and I felt weak because I was accustomed to eating meat. At that time, I was filming My Ages Apart <誇世代> and felt tired. Afterwards, my daughter told me that I had to eat more soy products and more variety of foods. I slowly adapted and felt that my energy levels returned to normal, so I continued with this lifestyle.”

Hoping to offer healthier options for locals, Fabienne founded her own vegan dessert business, “Hong Kong has a lot more vegetarian options in recent years, but there are still not many places for vegan desserts. I know most of the public are not keen on desserts that have no eggs or dairy, so I wanted to change their opinions with my desserts!” Eddie joked that he has been Fabienne’s guinea pig countless times, and has helped her financially with the business.

Eddie Happy to See Fabienne’s Growth

Playing a game to test their understanding of each other, Eddie was correct in guessing his daughter would like her future partner to be tall, healthy, kind, and polite. Fabienne would listen to her parents if they did not like her future partner, but believes that she would not bring home someone who is not polite.

Noting Fabienne’s maturity has grown since the pageant, Eddie said, “In the past, I felt that she had matured from studying abroad, but it was nothing compared to how quickly she matured this time. She had to face different pressures and criticism. The fact that she was able to overcome this was her biggest lesson.”

Although many celebrities are cautious to have their children enter the entertainment industry due to its complexities, Eddie remains open minded. He hopes Fabienne remains aware of her self-cultivation, image, as well as ethics and punctuality as an artiste.

A prolific actor for four decades, Eddie plays an ex-convict in the currently airing The Kwoks and What <我家無難事>. To emphasize his role as a former gangster, the costume staff especially prepared an out-of-style jacket for him to wear. Eddie frequently has scenes where he sings and plays the guitar on the rooftop, and many viewers praised his voice and are curious about the songs’ origins. The crew disclosed that the songs are original works, and the lyrics will become more meaningful later on, with the story hopefully resonating with viewers.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Moses Chan and Katy Kung Star in “42 Chapters”​

1632495368817.png

Moses Chan (陳豪) and Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) portray an odd couple in upcoming suspense drama, 42 Chapters <四十二章經>.

At the blessing ceremony, Moses dressed neatly for his role as a university professor, while Katy sported shadows of a moustache as a butcher with an apron and large meat cleaver.

To be more convincing for her role, Katy took several lessons and even went to the local supermarket for two hours to practice. On her new role, Katy expressed, “Producer Joe Chan (陳維冠) hands me a new challenge every single time. Although I did say that I wouldn’t take on another action-based fighting role after filming Death By Zero <殺手>, I couldn’t say no to Joe. In the series, it’s going to be me fighting against a dozen others. I’ll also need to take wire suspension lessons as well.”

As Moses’ character’s past life is intertwined with the Kangxi Emperor, he will often speak in poetic verses. Although his Chinese is proficient onscreen, Moses laughed and said he would need to convert poems to English if he ever recites them to his wife, Aimee Chan (陳茵媺).

When asked about being awarded “Nicest Artiste,” Moses laughed and said, “This is the result of treating everyone to coffee. I’m actually just using everyone as lab mice. As long as I’m here, there will always be coffee available.”

The new drama also stars Zoie Tam (譚凱琪), Kalok Chow (周嘉洛), Kaman Kong (江嘉敏), and Judy Kwong (鄺潔楹).

1632495425192.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Joey Law on Working With Venus Wong​

1632838373705.png

In The Line Watchers<把關者們>,Venus Wong (王敏奕) portrays an aloof and serious customs inspector. Her character sets extremely high standards for herself and others. Off screen, Venus is just as professional and does not take advantage of her status as Eric Tsang’s (曾志偉) daughter-in-law. Putting in her best efforts, she does not even use a stunt double for action scenes.

Recently, TVB released a clip of Venus filming a scene where she is kidnapped and hit and held down in a water barrel. Venus watched the stunt coordinators demonstrate the stunts attentively before acting out her fighting scenes with full force blocking wooden planks.

While Venus is a hardworking actress, her co-star Joey Law (羅天宇) pointed out her weakness in a humorous clip on social media, where he commented, “As professional actors, we all do our homework before coming to work. But I can definitely tell everyone that Venus’ biggest problem in her acting career is that she can’t hold her laughter.”

The pair were filming a car scene, and Venus burst out laughing multiple times during her lines. Joey elaborated, “We were filming a highway scene where we were chasing a criminal, but the car drove into the tunnel. We couldn’t film anymore, and we had to change the script. So we decided to practice and film ourselves on a phone first. It doesn’t take much to make Venus laugh. I’ve worked with her on three different dramas and once you make her laugh, she can’t stop! Her character is the opposite and is supposed to be very serious, so she’s having a hard time holding it in.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eric Tsang Promoted to TVB General Manager​

1632922960916.png

With three consecutive years of financial losses, TVB has been desperate to turn around its operations. Amid board pressure, CEO Mark Lee (李寶安) retired in May and there has been a management shakeup at the station, as it struggles to revamp its content strategy and stay competitive in its core markets.

Since Eric Tsang (曾志偉) returned to TVB as the Deputy General Manager in January, his leadership led to numerous new variety and music programs. Demonstrating his abilities over the past eight months, Eric has now been promoted to General Manager and will lead TVB’s variety show, co-production dramas, and the music production units.

Under Eric’s management, TVB churned out several hit shows, including music competition, Stars Academy <聲夢傳奇> which produced the next wave of young singers. Eric also created popular talent show Dub of War <好聲好戲> and invited Jacky Cheung (張學友) to perform at Miss Hong Kong. Placing less emphasis on local ratings, TVB has been experimenting new show formats.

Aside from Eric, Sing Tao Daily’s CEO, Siu Sai Wo (蕭世和), will be joining TVB as the General Manager of Business Operations effective October 4. In an official company statement, TVB announced that Siu Sai Wo will be managing the station’s business affairs and overall operating strategy.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eddie Kwan Leaves TVB​

1633009420670.png

A staple in TVB dramas since the 1980s, Eddie Kwan (關禮傑) announced he is no longer a contracted artiste with the station. The revelation was made just as his daughter Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨), who had competed in Miss Hong Kong 2021, is expected to sign with TVB to launch her entertainment career.

Although Fabienne did not place in the pageant, she made a deep impression as Eddie’s beautiful daughter. At a promotional event, Eddie revealed that Fabienne is currently taking time to recharge, but is still keeping fit because there are upcoming photoshoots. “She also went to the amusement park with her fellow pageant contestants. They’ve become good friends, and I see that she is really happy and has matured a lot. I feel so happy for her. She is living life to the fullest, and flourishing as compared to when she was teaching.”

Asked if Fabienne will enter the entertainment industry, Eddie said, “I believe she will sign with TVB. If she wants to develop her career in the industry, it is a good training ground.”

When prompted about talk that he is leaving TVB, the actor confirmed that he only has a per series contract with the station. The Kwoks and What <我家無難事> will be his last drama with TVB for now.

“I’m no longer under direct management, so I can split more time between Hong Kong and China,” Eddie said. Due to quarantine restrictions, Eddie is still discussing the filming timeline with the production crew for his next project in China, as he wants to celebrate Christmas with his family. “I don’t want to go there for a few months, and then have to come back.”

When it was pointed out that Eddie will not have a chance to work with Fabienne now, he joked, “I’ll let her suffer for a bit first! There’ll always be an opportunity to film for TVB…. It’ll depend on the role.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee to Film New Drama in November​

1633095838112.png

With the TVB Anniversary Awards season around the corner, buzz is brimming over who will win Best Actress. Ali Lee (李佳芯) and Rosina Lam (林夏薇) are the front-runners so far due to their respective performances in AI Romantic <智能愛人> andBattle of the Seven Sisters <七公主>.

Ali believes that it is too early to tell, as there are still many dramas lined up for broadcast. “I’m still happy to hear this, as I consider these comments as praise. I was already very lucky when I won Best Actress in 2018, as I’m not the type who is destined to win awards all the time. If you ask me, I would prefer that everyone likes my character and thinks that I performed well, rather than winning awards. So I’ve never been burdened with wanting to win.”

Slated to film a new drama in November, Ali is unsure whether there will be any changes as the script is still under revision. In her free time, she has enrolled in some courses for self-improvement.

As former TVB executive Sandy Yu (余詠珊) will be returning to Hong Kong Cable Television to manage the variety show department, tabloids speculate that she may recruit Ali and Priscilla Wong (黃翠如) as they had previously worked together there.

Quick to eradicate the speculations, Ali pointed out that she does not have Sandy’s contact information, “I don’t believe she has my phone number either, so we’ve never contacted each other privately. I only learned of the news through the media. Also, I am currently still under contract with TVB.”

Meanwhile, TVB continues to have high staff turnover. Previous Hong Kong Cable Television director Barry Cheung (張志明), who is known for his involvement in travel show Fun Abroad <3日2夜>, will also be leaving TVB. Ali stated that she has not worked with him at either station, “He films a lot of travel shows. Sometimes, I’ll joke that I’m not the right type for him because I know he likes artistes who are sexier.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ruco Chan to Star in “Hidden Door” With Mandy Wong and Roxanne Tong​

1633183772279.png

After Sinister Beings <逆天奇案> became the highest-rated drama this year, Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) was reportedly sidelined by TVB because he had requested a raise. Ruco immediately rejected these speculations, and the 44-year-old will once again be filming a new drama in November.

Earlier, Ruco made special guest appearances in three dramas, including: ICAC Attack <廉政狙擊>, Falling in Love With You in Childhood <童時愛上你>, and The Invisible Team <隱形戰隊>.

In November, he will headline producer Amy Wong’s (王心慰) new drama Hidden Door <隱門> alongside Mandy Wong (黃智雯) and Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯). In the drama, Ruco plays an insurance investigator, while Mandy plays a gentle but strong-minded woman. Due to a robbery when they were young, they cross paths with Roxanne’s character. “I hope I can generate new chemistry with Mandy and Roxanne. I haven’t discussed the plot with the producer yet, so I am not sure about my character,” Ruco said.

“However, I am very happy to be working with Amy once again given that she is the producer who gave me countless opportunities. I was able to participate in many of her dramas including Brother’s Keeper <巨輪>, The Other Truth <真相>, and No Good Either Way <瘦身兵團>,” Ruco added.

Ruco and Mandy had already starred in Captain of Destiny <張保仔>, but they had few scenes together. Mandy hopes to generate new sparks together, especially with Roxanne as it is their first time as co-stars.

Since Ruco recently had the chance to work with people he has never collaborated with including Vincent Wong (王浩信), Crystal Fung (馮盈盈), Samantha Ko (高海寧), and Owen Cheung (張振朗), he said excitedly, “I hope we can continue to learn and grow, and that the work never stops because it is all so exciting. I always think I am a new actor whether I am singing or acting.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Selena Lee’s Career Halted by Pandemic​

1633358458973.png

Back in 2019, actress Selena Lee’s (李施嬅) Barrack O’Karma <金宵大廈> was the talk of town, garnering her the Most Popular Female Character award at TVB Anniversary Awards, just before she ended her TVB contract and signed onto American talent agency, Authentic.

After leaving the safety nest of TVB, Selena secured a key supporting role in Canadian series Blood and Water, and was even recognized for her acting with not one, but two International Best Actress nods for US Short Once More. The Hong Kong press headlined local entertainment news with “Selena breaks into Hollywood” and the like, as she looked set to bring her career to greater heights.

Keen to ride on the overwhelming success of the supernatural-themed series to film Barrack O’Karma 2 <金宵大廈2>, TVB invited the 40-year-old to reprise her popular role as “Coco” Yeung. After years at the station with little recognition, Selena’s response then was alot more lukewarm. She told the press that doing the sequel was not a sure thing, since her Canadian filming schedule is rather tight, and also brought up other considerations such as whether her filming schedules could fit, the quality of the script, and whether the original cast and crew would be back. “I’ve already signed onto another agency and have quite a few work commitments, if filming really starts, we’ll have to discuss the mode of cooperation again, but I hope it the original cast and crew could be back,” she said.

Alas, the worsening Covid-19 situation in Canada led to lengthy delays and on-off filming for her series Blood & Water, given the state emergency declared. It took a few months to finally wrap. However, work opportunities for Selena became few and far between, and Selena eventually headed back to Hong Kong, where she hopes to have more work. In the meantime, she has also joined many celebrities in appearing “live” on Chinese social platforms to promote the sale of products, as side income.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Priscilla Wong Back On Her Feed​

1633440713685.png

Priscilla Wong (黃翠如) had worried fans when she turned off her Instagram comments five weeks, ago and absented herself from recent drama publicity. While it was not revealed what personal battle she was facing, she has since returned with a social update after exactly 20 days.

On September 30, the 39-year-old posted a photo of a group of 17 raising their hands together while facing the sea in a dawn/dusk-like scene. It was not possible to tell from the back views of the group attired in jogging wear which one was Priscilla. Her short one-liner caption “Full of love and energy” along with a red heart emoji did hint at an improved emotional state.

Five weeks ago, she had written “Goodbye,” locked her IG comments, and even absented herself from drama publicity and work activities in an apparent need for space, which raised the concern of celebrity friends and fans.

Talk surfaced that the Battle of the Seven Princesses <七公主> actress might be suffering burnout from the drama, as she had admitted to losing ten pounds while filming. However, she later clarified that she was going through a “personal grieving” episode, and thanked the public for their concern.

Luckily, husband Edwin Siu (蕭正楠), though away in China for work, was there for her emotionally the two shared a meal via a video call, which she had posted and penned, “Some days, you know there’ll always be someone foolishly by your side, although with some distance between you. During tough times, take a deep breath, furrow your brows, and then move forward. Life is not perfect like Instagram, but with love, you can find light even in the darkness.”

With Priscilla reactivating the comment function on the platform, it is likely that she is now feeling ready to get back on track and start anew. Her good friend Debbie Goh (吳天瑜) wrote “strong girl!” as encouragement, while Yoyo Chen (陳自瑤) also sent an affirming message.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Cecilia Cheung Falls in Love Madly Every Time​

1633535142275.png

Raised by her father, Cecilia Cheung‘s (張柏芝) parents split when she was only 9 years old. In contrast to most children who cry when they heard about their parents’ divorce, Cecilia was thrilled when she heard the news. Despite their separation, Cecilia retained a very positive outlook on life and became very mature at an early age.

Since her father was a big gambler, Cecilia’s family moved around a lot when she was a child. After each loss, her parents would then get into huge arguments. Cecilia recalls, “We moved into a really beautiful and newly renovated house, but we had to move out the very next day because of my father’s gambling losses. We only got to spend one night there, and we had to move the very next day.”

Thinking about her childhood, the 41-year-old smiled and said that she is not someone who places blame, and will always find silver linings in terrible things. Cecilia felt more love and care from both her parents after the divorce, than during their marriage.

From her divorce with Nicholas Tse (謝霆鋒) to her having a third child, Cecilia’s love life has always been under scrutiny. Admitting that she lacks luck in love, Cecilia once said, “I’m overly invested in each relationship. To me, love is super serious. That’s why there’s so much pressure on the men whom I date. I’m just too stubborn when it comes to love – I love without any reservations from the beginning to the end.”

Despite being a single mother, Cecilia seems to have it all: a busy career and three beautiful children. When asked what advice she can give to young women, Cecilia expressed, “You have to accept your past self. Once you feel this sense of security, all these so-called worries and insecurities will disappear. You have to learn to stop seeking other people’s approval. Know your own beauty – that’s the true value of loving yourself.”

The actress also carries this positive attitude when she works. Taking part in music reality competition, Sisters Who Make Waves 2 <乘風破浪的姐姐2> earlier, Cecilia’s goal was not to win, nor was she scared of being eliminated from the competition. The actress explained, “It doesn’t matter how good you are–you still have a chance of losing. There will eventually be a day when you won’t win.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

“Kids’ Lives Matter” Reveals Characters Details and Stills​

1633790744049.png

While fans patiently wait for the release of Kids’ Lives Matter (星空下的仁醫) on October 18, the drama treats fans with new character details and stills featuring Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣), Him Law (羅子溢) and Catherine Chau (周家怡).

Many fans are excited to see Linda’s return to the small screen after taking a three-years hiatus to take care of her family in Vancouver. Staying to her strengths, Linda will be playing a pediatrician that is full of positive energy while she exudes her playful side. Many fans miss seeing Linda on TVB and look forward to seeing how Linda’s acting has changed since her hiatus.

Meanwhile, Him will challenge himself by playing a pediatrician who carries heavy weight on his shoulder. Due to his family background, Him’s character is burdened to succeed as a pediatrician. However, the character has a major setback after committing a momentary mistake.

Catherine stars as the head of the surgery department. While the actress will have a romantic arc with Kenneth Ma (馬國明), the pair finds it difficult to reconcile differences in ideologies and experiences turbulence in their relationship.

Although the drama features many TVB’s popular artistes, up-and-coming actresses Regina Ho (何依婷) and Bowie Cheung (張寶兒) will also be given the opportunity to shine. The two actresses will have pivotal roles playing the hospital’s trainees.

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Fabienne Kwan Not Upset Over Pageant Loss​

View attachment 123032

Although actor Eddie Kwan’s (關禮傑) daughter Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨) was regarded as the hot favorite to win Miss Hong Kong 2021, unfortunately she did not place at all. In an interview, the 26-year-old expressed that she was not disappointed, and was already very pleased to have made it to the Top Five.

Lacking eloquence in her communication skills, Fabienne felt she did not perform well during the question and answer segment. She felt that the winner Sabina Mendes (宋宛穎) was deserving of her title due to her “dancing and speaking” skills. “She is also pretty and has a great body. It would be hard for her not to win the crown!”

Reflecting that the pageant helped her to overcome her shyness by focusing on her goals, Fabienne said, “The things that I learned in these three months would normally take me three years to learn. I’m grateful for the opportunity to face these different challenges…. From the start, I didn’t feel as if I was in a competition, because all the girls were supportive of each other.”

Eddie was in the audience to watch Fabienne compete, but left immediately once results were announced. Fabienne stated that her father was not disappointed in her performance. “He just went home to prepare a celebratory event for me!” When reporters asked if she plans on joining the entertainment industry, Fabienne said she would like to try if given the chance.

It turns out that Eddie had booked a hotel staycation for their family of four. Pleased with Fabienne’s performance in the pageant, he said, “She has been working really hard for the past two months, so I wanted her to relax! I spoke with her when she returned to the hotel last night, and she was very happy because the burden has been lifted. I have relaxed as well and am now looking forward to my newest drama The Kwoks or What <我家無難事>. It’s airing–I hope everyone likes it!”

1633791726317.png

1633791762441.png

Is her right?

Reactions: jw5