• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

TVB Announces Anniversary Dramas of 2021​

1634047716278.png

Every year, TVB will schedule heavyweight variety and drama productions to hype up its Anniversary celebrations. While many thought that Barrack O’Karma 1968 <金宵大廈1968> and Big White Duel 2 <白色強人II> will be the obvious choices this year, TVB has fixed Kids’ Lives Matter <星空下的仁醫> and Take Two <換命真相> as the Anniversary dramas instead, to be followed by Return of the Cuckoo <十月初五的月光> and The Ringmaster <拳王> at a later date. This means Barrack O’Karma 1968 and Big White Duel 2 will not be in the running for this year’s TVB Anniversary Awards, and would only release in 2022!

This Year’s Anniversary Dramas

1634047771088.png

Take Two is Miss Chinese International 2013 winner Gloria Yeung‘s (鄧佩儀) first lead role in seven years, alongside Shaun Tam (譚俊彥) and Jonathan Cheung (張頴康), while Kids’ Lives Matter will be Kevin Cheung‘s (鄭嘉穎) first time portraying a doctor, with plenty of onscreen sparks to be expected between him and Kenneth Ma (馬國明).

1634047786831.png

Return of the Cuckoo, a remake of the year 2000 classic starring Hubert Wu (胡鴻鈞) and Regina Ho (何依婷) is set to invite comparison with original leads Chilam Cheung (張智霖) and Charmaine Sheh, while Muay Thai-themed The Ringmaster has Owen Cheung (張振朗) and Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) in the leads.

jw5

Loyal
Sequels Coming Your Way in 2022
Published earlier, TVB’s 2021 Interim Report had stated that the two co-production titles will be completed and delivered to Youku later this year, leading many to place their bets on them being 2021’s anniversary dramas for bumping up ratings. However, that proved too early a conclusion as it turns out that Chinese streaming platforms such as Tencent, iQiyi and Youku also have simulcast rights to these works and a say in their release dates.

1634048658985.png

As the anticipated sequel to supernatural horror drama with the same name, Barrack O Karma 1968 will see main leads Joel Chan (陳山聰) and Selena Lee (李施嬅) reprise their roles, while the story is still set within the same Twilight Mansion, but in another parallel universe. The ten mini stories to be fleshed out are “7½ Floor”, “Sister”, “Pisces”, “Oppa”, “Visitor”, “Opposite”, “A Fist Within Four Walls GO!”, “Mukbang”, “Wedding Dress” and “Place of Origin”.

1634048686401.png

As Best Drama Winner of 2019, medical-themed Big White Duel <白色強人> fared strongly in both ratings and reviews. Ali Lee (李佳芯), Crystal Fung (馮盈盈) and Matthew Ho (何廣沛) dropped out of its sequel. Adding star power instead are Moses Chan (陳豪) and Nancy Wu (胡定欣), along with the original cast including Roger Kwok (郭晉安), Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Natalie Tong (唐詩詠).

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actress Ali Lee Named TVB Star Who Is The Most Beautiful In Person​

no_author_image.PNG

Brought To You By 8 Days
[IMG alt="
She left former Miss Hong Kong winners in the dust.
"]https://www.todayonline.com/sites/d...ali-lee-data_0.jpg?itok=pUCKQgnA[/IMG]Actress Ali Lee Named TVB Star Who Is Most Beautiful In PersonShe left former Miss Hong Kong winners in the dust.

Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.​

Last month, we found out that Hongkong actor Moses Chan is TVB's nicest star, thanks to a poll of 100 TVB employees for the broadcaster's version of the classic US game show, Family Feud.

Now because of the same show, we know which “Female Artiste Is More Beautiful In Person Than On Screen”.

And surprise, surprise, actress Ali Lee came up tops.

Mayanne Mak was second, followed by Tracy Chu, Grace Chan, Winki Lai, and Bella Lam.
Many netizens have said that Ali’s 'win' was “expected”, praising the 38-year-old for looking like a “fairy that’s fallen from the sky”, and for being “a true goddess” with “a beautiful and sweet voice”.

In fact, the actress, who got her start in showbiz as a presenter, looks just as gorgeous with and without make-up.
  • (From left:) Mayanne Mak, Tracy Chu and Grace Chan

1 of 3(From left:smile: Mayanne Mak, Tracy Chu and Grace Chan​

On the contrary, netizens were surprised that second-placed Mayanne, who played Ali’s sister in 2020 rom-com AI Romantic, made the list and even had more votes than Grace, who was crowned Miss Hong Kong in 2013, and Tracy, who finished third in the pageant the year before.
    Well, their opinions did not affect Mayanne, who said excitedly: I think this result is pretty good. When I meet people on the streets or at work, they say the same thing too. Maybe after this, I will be more confident and appear on screen without make-up.”
  • Wink Lai and Bella Lam came in 5th and 6th respectively

2 of 3Wink Lai and Bella Lam came in 5th and 6th respectively​

• Sisley Choi, Rosina Lam and Yoyo Chen did not make the cut

3 of 3Sisley Choi, Rosina Lam and Yoyo Chen did not make the cut​

There were also netizens who questioned if Tracy was still a TVB artiste.
    Turns out that although she has switched careers to become a barrister, her contract with TVB has not ended, so there’s still a chance that she will return to film a drama.
    Before the results of the poll were announced, many netizens had speculated that either Sisley Choi, Rosina Lam, or Yoyo Chen, aka Vincent Wong's wife, would take the top spot.
    Photos: Ali Lee/Instagram, Mayanne Mak/Instagram, Tracy Chu/Instagram, Grace Chan/Instagram, Sisley Choi/Instagram, Rosina Lam/Instagram, Yoyo Chen/Instagram
Topics

Reactions: jw5

jw5

Loyal

Actress Ali Lee Named TVB Star Who Is The Most Beautiful In Person​

no_author_image.PNG

Brought To You By 8 Days
[IMG alt="
She left former Miss Hong Kong winners in the dust.
"]https://www.todayonline.com/sites/d...ali-lee-data_0.jpg?itok=pUCKQgnA[/IMG]Actress Ali Lee Named TVB Star Who Is Most Beautiful In PersonShe left former Miss Hong Kong winners in the dust.

Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.​

Last month, we found out that Hongkong actor Moses Chan is TVB's nicest star, thanks to a poll of 100 TVB employees for the broadcaster's version of the classic US game show, Family Feud.

Now because of the same show, we know which “Female Artiste Is More Beautiful In Person Than On Screen”.

And surprise, surprise, actress Ali Lee came up tops.

Mayanne Mak was second, followed by Tracy Chu, Grace Chan, Winki Lai, and Bella Lam.
Many netizens have said that Ali’s 'win' was “expected”, praising the 38-year-old for looking like a “fairy that’s fallen from the sky”, and for being “a true goddess” with “a beautiful and sweet voice”.

In fact, the actress, who got her start in showbiz as a presenter, looks just as gorgeous with and without make-up.
  • (From left:) Mayanne Mak, Tracy Chu and Grace Chan

1 of 3(From left:smile: Mayanne Mak, Tracy Chu and Grace Chan​

On the contrary, netizens were surprised that second-placed Mayanne, who played Ali’s sister in 2020 rom-com AI Romantic, made the list and even had more votes than Grace, who was crowned Miss Hong Kong in 2013, and Tracy, who finished third in the pageant the year before.
    Well, their opinions did not affect Mayanne, who said excitedly: I think this result is pretty good. When I meet people on the streets or at work, they say the same thing too. Maybe after this, I will be more confident and appear on screen without make-up.”
  • Wink Lai and Bella Lam came in 5th and 6th respectively

2 of 3Wink Lai and Bella Lam came in 5th and 6th respectively​

• Sisley Choi, Rosina Lam and Yoyo Chen did not make the cut

3 of 3Sisley Choi, Rosina Lam and Yoyo Chen did not make the cut​

There were also netizens who questioned if Tracy was still a TVB artiste.
    Turns out that although she has switched careers to become a barrister, her contract with TVB has not ended, so there’s still a chance that she will return to film a drama.
    Before the results of the poll were announced, many netizens had speculated that either Sisley Choi, Rosina Lam, or Yoyo Chen, aka Vincent Wong's wife, would take the top spot.
    Photos: Ali Lee/Instagram, Mayanne Mak/Instagram, Tracy Chu/Instagram, Grace Chan/Instagram, Sisley Choi/Instagram, Rosina Lam/Instagram, Yoyo Chen/Instagram
Topics

Pity that Sisley did not make the cut.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Newcomer Louise Wong Plays Late Anita Mui in Biopic Film​

1634476872936.png

Hong Kong model Louise Wong (王丹妮) will be making her acting debut in Anita a new biopic film commemorating music legend Anita Mui (梅艷芳). The rising star soon attracted attention for her close resemblance to Anita with many fans hoping to learn more about her.

Louise was offered the role after attending an Asia-wide audition in 2016. Although the only criteria for the role was that the actress must speak Cantonese, Louis exceeded expectations and was personally selected by producer Bill Kong (江志強) and director Longman Leung (梁樂民).

1634476910967.png

Like Anita, Louise had a humble upbringing in Hong Kong’s Tuen Mun and resonated with the movie’s portrayal of Hong Kong’s past. Louise shared, “My mom was always busy with work but she would take us to explore outside of Tuen Mun such as going Tsum Sha Tsui Promenade to look at Christmas lights. So, when we went there to film, it bought back a lot of memories.”

To prepare for the role, Louise underwent six months of extensive training to prepare for the role. Thankfully, Louise had an active childhood to help her get through her training, “When I was in school, my teacher asked me to join cross-country races. I also used to participate in a lot of extraocular activities such as Chinese dancing or recitals. When I worked hard, I was honored to win awards.”

Director Longman also revealed he was not concerned about recruiting an inexperienced actress, “On the first day of filming, Louise did not have any stage fright. Louise has a glowing aura and we knew that we could let go of our worries.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynetsars.com:

Myolie Wu and 4-Year-Old Son Film Ad Together​

1634479680090.png

Although Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) is often busy filming in China, she often flies back to Hong Kong to spend time with her family. Aside from celebrating Brendan‘s (李奕霆) birthday, Myolie also filmed an ad together with her son.

In the nasal spray flu vaccine ad, Brendan’s eyes were sparkling and he seemed to be a natural model. Myolie indicated it is Brendan’s second year filming for this ad. He even said to her, “Mom, you don’t need to be afraid. It’ll be okay after a quick spray and won’t hurt!”

Brendan Turns 4

1634479741385.png

Since Brendan turned four on October 13, Myolie and her husband Philip Lee (李乘德) threw a Power Rangers themed birthday party to celebrate.

Posting photos of the party on her Instagram, Myolie commented, “My big baby, time is going by too quickly and you’re already four years old! From liking Baby Shark to Spiderman and now Power Rangers, your interests have changed but you are still the same cute, obedient little boy in my heart. Thank you to all the uncles, aunties, and your friends who came today.”

Many of Myolie’s celebrity friends attended, including Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Selena Lee (李施嬅), Elaine Yiu (姚子羚), Paisley Wu (胡蓓蔚), Mandy Wong (黃智雯), Kelly Fu (傅嘉莉), and William So (蘇永康).

In addition, Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎), Grace Chan (陳凱琳), Sharon Chan (陳敏之), Coffee Lam (林芊妤), Ava Yu (雨僑), Bob Lam (林盛斌), and Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Phoebe Sin (單文柔) also brought their respective families.

The guests clearly enjoyed the party, and Kelly uploaded a short clip of the festivities on her social media while joking that Brendan already has abs in his Power Rangers outfit. His godmother Elaine also commented, “Happy fourth birthday to my lovely godson Brendan. I wish you good health, for you to grow up well, be obedient and filial, and be happy and at peace. We are counting on you as the mini Power Ranger to protect your family and us godmothers. Love U!”

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theindependent

Photo: Instagram screengrab/judy.kwong
She launched her own cookie brand Petitesseriehk this year and recently invested a six-figure sum in a gymnasium business along with a group of friends and coaches including singer Alvin Ng.

October 18, 2021
- Advertisement -
Hong Kong ― Hong Kong actress Judy Kwong played a fencer in Battle Of The Seven Sisters. Despite her petite size putting her at a disadvantage, the actress finally found success in fencing with her tenacity.

The 29-year-old actress is just as ambitious in real life – having kickstarted not just one, but two business pursuits during the pandemic, on top of filming.

Kwong launched her own cookie brand Petitesseriehk this year and recently invested a six-figure sum in a gymnasium business along with a group of friends and coaches including singer AlvinKwong spoke about the gym opening on her socials and many familiar faces in showbiz turned up to show their support including Sammy Leung, Alex Fong, Joey Law, Iris Lam, Karmen Kwok and several cast members like Hero Yuen and Aaryn Cheung from the Come Home Love series – proving her popularity.

- Advertisement 1-

Photo: Instagram screengrab/judy.kwong
Kwong hails from a well-to-do family background and her parents are in the furniture company. It was also revealed that Kwong had opened an investment company. She also owns a mansion in Happy Valley worth millions despite her young age. Kwong is currently living with her family at a 2,000-sq ft Casa Marina villa in the Tai Po district, reported Jayne Stars.

Kwong majored in Economics and minored in astronomy and debate, graduating from Seattle University. After
After returning to Hong Kong, Kwong worked as a business analyst before going into modelling a year later and signed on as a TVB artiste in 2016.

When she was working as a business analyst, Kwong felt the 9 to 5 work was boring and unsuitable for her as she likes to try new things. She then joined the entertainment industry as a model and actress.

Born Jul 2, 1992, Kwong Jie Ying, also known as Judy Kwong Yit Ying is a Hong Kong hostess, actress and model. /TISG

Follow us on Social Media

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Catherine Chau Makes TVB Comeback in “Kids’ Lives Matter”​

1634650813261.png

Making a splashy premiere on October 18, medical drama Kids’ Lives Matter <星空下的仁醫> marks the TVB comebacks of Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎), Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣), and Catherine Chau (周家怡).

Sharing that her last TVB drama was The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36小時> in 2012, Catherine expressed her enthusiasm in working with the incredible cast, director Ben Fong (方浤酌), and scriptwriter Pun Man Hung (潘漫紅). She was happy to be back in a familiar environment that feels both nostalgic yet fresh.

“I am very excited to be working together again because it has been a really long time since I have seen them. It is a joy to be working with everyone again,” the 42-year-old actress stated during the promotional event for the drama.

Although Catherine has not seen Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Kevin for a long time, she was shocked to see that they have not aged. “I feel like I am seeing the same people from 10 years ago. When I came back to the studio for filming, it felt so reminiscent to be back in the place I used to work.”

Diversifying into film roles in recent years, Catherine had a career breakthrough in Project Gutenberg (無雙), which helped her win the 2019 Huading Best Supporting Actress Award and Hong Kong Film Awards nomination.

Frequently collaborating with ViuTV, Catherine will be filming an upcoming drama with the station. When asked if there would be conflict with TVB, she responded, “As actors, we only care about filming a good drama with a great cast. We don’t worry about other factors” and pointed out “there is no conflict in filming schedules.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee and Ricco Ng Portray Mother and Son in “A Type of Good Man”​

1634825379856.png

Despite being only 38 years old, Ali Lee (李佳芯) is already playing motherly roles. In upcoming drama A Type of Good Man <有種好男人>, Ali portrays a mother to a 17-year-old teenager.

Although this is the second time she is portraying a motherly role after Beauty and the Boss <愛美麗狂想曲>, Ali is not afraid of being typecast. “Every motherly role that I’ve taken on have their differences and challenges. As well, motherly roles are no longer like what they used to be. Nowadays mother and son can look like sister and brother instead!”

She added that the producer said she “didn’t have to make many changes” to her style, and said she can just be herself. She would still have to put in some work to make her character believable, “There will be many minor changes to make. For example with an older son, I cannot still have the mannerisms of a young woman. There should be a certain level of maturity especially since the character has a cute personality.”

There were reports earlier that her son would be portrayed by Stars Academy’s <聲夢傳奇> Hugo Wong (黃奕斌), but 23-year-old actor Ricco Ng (吳偉豪) has stepped in for the role instead. The drama also stars Joe Ma (馬德鐘) and Yoyo Chen (陳自瑤).

Currently, Ali is still busy filming and directing a short film. “I need to finish the film before the start of the drama, so it’s crunch time for me! I have already been preparing the short movie for about two to three months, and I’ve come to learn that behind the scenes work is really hard! I now realize how lucky I have it as an actress–there are people to help you deal with all of this on the backend. But I’ve learned a lot during this process.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Nancy Wu Films for “Oppa’s Cuisine”​

1634994837815.png

It has been a while since many have seen Nancy Wu (胡定欣) on screen even though she has three dramas on hand. The 40-year-old actress recently guested in episode one of TVB variety show Oppa’s Cuisine <男神廚房>, and she was excited to taste all the delicious foods the male stars will be preparing.

Alongside new mother Tong Yee (湯怡), Nancy was given the opportunity to judge an all-male cooking competition. “I haven’t eaten something made by a man in a very long time. It is a bonus to see which handsome male artiste can cook.” When asked if she would give more points to the artistes who show off their muscles, Nancy laughed that it would be a better sight saved for the male artistes’ family.

It has been almost two years since viewers have seen Nancy on screen. Although the filming for Big White Duel 2 <白色強人> is completed, it will likely not air until 2022. Asked about the lack of screen visibility this past year, she responded, “I am not concerned because I have been filming, but the dramas just haven’t been released yet,” and added, “We need to wait for the right timing for it to broadcast.”

After filming Big White Duel and Shaw Brothers’ ICAC Attack <廉政狙擊> this year, Nancy’s upcoming project will be The Strongest of All <破毒強人>, which will begin filming at the end of this year.

Many Hong Kong artistes, including her good friend Myolie Wu (胡杏兒), are earning ideal incomes in China. Mentioning that she may have a potential Chinese project in discussion, Nancy said, “It has been difficult to organize with the pandemic. There is a lot to take into consideration.”

If given the chance, Nancy would be interested in participating in a Chinese variety show. “I have watched a lot of their variety shows, and they do an excellent job. I really want to try it out myself, because the effects are incredible and I want to learn more.” Given her background in singing and dancing, she really hopes to take part in her favorite show Sisters Who Make Waves <乘風破浪的姐姐>.

Known for her active lifestyle, Nancy is passionate about running and recently tried playing tennis with her father. Given her athleticism, it is surprising it was actually her first time playing tennis. “I wanted to take on a sport with my father, and I am loving it. I might even hire an instructor to teach me how to play.” She has become immersed in the sport, and revealed that she loves watching tennis matches at home.

1634994904253.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

TVB Sales Presentation Highlights 14 Key Dramas​

1635168694281.png

Held at TVB City in Tseung Kwan O on Friday October 22, the 2022 TVB Sales Presentation showcased fourteen upcoming key productions and dropped trailers. Leading the star mantle in drama appearances are Joel Chan (陳山聰) and Natalie Tong (唐詩詠) who have three productions each in the coming year!

For male artistes, Joel has I’ve Got The Power <超能使者>, Phantom Operation and Tactic Team <隱形戰隊> and Brutally Young 2 <十八年後的終極告白2.0> on his hands, though viewers can also expect to see him in Barrack O’Karma 1968 <金宵大廈2>and Chinatown <唐人街>.

Starring in two dramas each are veterans Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Moses Chan (陳豪) and Ruco Chan (陳展鵬), while rising star Kalok Chow (周嘉洛) will similarly have two dramas – Forty-two Chapters <四十二章經> and The Hooligan <痞子殿下>.

1635168740964.png

For female artistes, Natalie leads the pack with I’ve Got The Power <超能使者>, and Phantom Operation and Tactic Team <隱形戰隊>, in addition to Big White Duel II <白色強人II>. Helming two dramas is Katy Kung (龔嘉欣), Malaysia’s favorite TVB Actress winner for this year, as is Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯) who stars in Doppelganger <雙生陌生人> and OPM (Other People’s Money).

Trailers for these spotlight dramas were also revealed, and catching attention was I’ve Got The Power, where Joel will have numerous gun fight scenes.

1635168802165.png

Doppelganger saw actress Alice Chan (陳煒) seducing Joe Ma (馬德鐘) in sexy nightwear, while the latter will also have onscreen kissing scenes with Roxanne. Those looking forward to Bystander <旁觀者> can expect hot kissing scenes between Venus Wong (王敏奕) and Pakho Chou (周柏豪); and Ginny Ng (吳若希) plays a femme fatale.

Casting actress Samantha Ko (高海寧) in a challenging role, Falling in Love with You in Childhood <童時愛上你> will portray her self-touching her chest in one scene and stripping her lingerie in a toilet in another scene right after!

Hoping to refresh viewers’ attention with novel imaging, Kalok and Brian Chu (朱敏瀚) will dress up as women in period drama The Hooligan; Forty-Two has Katy cast as a pork seller with moustache, with Judy Kwong (鄺潔楹) pulling off an afro hairstyle, and Kaman Kong (江嘉敏) dropping her tresses for a short bob. Phantom Operation and Tactic Team will portray Tiffany Lau (劉穎鏇) and Moon Lau (劉佩玥) in action scenes styled a la Lara Croft.

Actor Shaun Tam (譚俊彥), who caught attention recently for his resemblance to Squid Game actor Lee Jung-jae, was shown buried alive in Brutally Young 2’s trailer while co-star Katy let on that the entire series will be a real tearjerker.

Playing the nostalgia cards, Shameless Youth <青春不要臉> will portray its cast of young actors as classic characters from the 80s and 90s – amongst them Dickson Yu (余德丞) as Yang Guo from Legend of the Condor Heroes, Kelly Ng (伍樂怡) as Marilyn Monroe while Karl Ting (丁子朗) pays tribute to legend Bruce Lee (李小龍). Tiffany also makes an appearance in a one-piece swimsuit during a pageant in the show.