• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
The 12 semi-finalists to emerge include:

Katerina Leung (梁菁琳)

1630410912273.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Fabienne Kwan on Her Unfair Advantage in Miss Hong Kong 2021​

1630760734524.png

A favorite in this year’s Miss Hong Kong competition, Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨) is being accused of using her father’s stardom to her advantage and making it unfair for other contestants.

In the semi-finals, Fabienne invited her father, actor Eddie Kwan (關禮傑), on stage as a guest during her piano performance. Although she was charismatic and put on a great performance, many netizens criticized Fabienne for pulling the “famous father” card.

In an interview, Fabienne explained, “My father didn’t help me; I played the piano by myself. I previously talked to other contestants about this, and we thought we could bring a little surprise to the stage during the semi-finals!”

Denying she used her father to boost her popularity, Fabienne said, “I think everyone thinks differently. Some people may love it; others may not. However, I’ve learned my lesson and I probably won’t do this next time.”

Regarding the controversy over Fabienne’s onstage appearance with her father, the coordinating manager for Miss Hong Kong, Ho Siu Wai (何小慧), explained that it was part of the performance storyline and did not comment on the issue further.

In response to former contestant Chloe Leung (梁允瑜) having been caught swearing on camera, Ho Siu Wai said TVB hopes to assist her debut in the entertainment industry despite her earlier elimination from the pageant.

During the semi-finals, two contestants were pitted against each other in a battle of words. Yvette Chan (陳聖瑜), who went against Sabina Song (宋宛穎), gave a wonderful performance. In response to her quick wit and eloquent response that night, Yvette humbly said, “I never thought it would be like this – I only knew that I had a very short amount of time to come up with a great answer. I’m so lucky that the results were so good.”

Overall, the Miss Hong Kong 2021 semi-finals averaged 18.6 points in viewership ratings and peaked at 19.9 points. In comparison to previous shows that were in the same timeslot, the pageant ratings were 5.1 points higher.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Why Rosina Lam Agreed to Revealing Scene in “Battle of the Seven Sisters”​

1630851226328.png

Since the airing of Battle of the Seven Sisters <七公主>, Rosina Lam (林夏薇) has stolen attention for her “nude” scene. Given the broadcasting restrictions of television, only her bare back was revealed, but her bottom can be seen in the uncut version that streamed online.

After the death of her husband, Grace (Rosina Lam) struggles to move on with her life. On the dating anniversary with her husband, Grace attempts to seduce Gordon (Tsui Wing 徐榮), who had also experienced heartbreak, after sharing dinner together.

In the controversial scene, Grace goes to shower and then returns naked with her entire back and lower body visible. Her bottom is especially clear when she knelt down by the couch in the uncut version.

Given that Gordon has not moved on from his late lover, he immediately rejects Grace by covering her with a jacket and then the two embrace. The scene is sexy, but also poignant as both mourn over the loss of loved ones.

1630851292381.png

Why Rosina Agreed to the Scene

When Rosina first read the script, she was very nervous about this scene. However, fans complimented the actress for her professionalism in acting the scene herself, instead of using a body double. Even though Rosina’s figure was a highlight in the scene, many netizens were more impressed by the chemistry between the two artistes.

Rosina believes the scene was well-executed and revealed her trust in the crew. “I communicated with producer Joe Chan (陳維冠) before we began filming. We wanted to bring out the emotions and make the scene touching, rather than sexual.”

Rosina shared the safety precautions she took on set, “I made sure that everything was covered during filming. I was actually wearing two layers of underpants.” The added CGI effects made Rosina’s bottom appear to be bare in the broadcast version, which made the actress exclaim, “I can’t believe how realistic the scene was after watching it!”

Aside from safety precautions, Rosina also shared the difficulties of executing the right emotions during this scene. Making sure she was fully invested, Rosina completed the scene in one take thanks to the cast and crew’s professionalism.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Rosina Lam Eyes Best Actress Award​

1630933864314.png

Since joining TVB in 2011, Rosina Lam (林夏薇) has worked hard throughout these 10 years to build a name for herself in hopes of stepping out of the shadows of her more famous cousin, Raymond Lam (林峯). With notable recent performances, including currently airing drama Battle of the Seven Sisters <七公主>, Rosina hopes to be considered for Best Actress at TVB’s Anniversary Awards. “Everyone wants an award, because it gives affirmation and encouragement to artistes,” the 34-year-old said candidly.

In her earlier years, Rosina had wanted to to study acting in Beijing, but her family was strongly opposed to her wishes and advised her to become a law student instead. Only when Rosina persisted in following her dreams, her parents became more supportive of her decision. After Rosina graduated from the Beijing Central Academy of Drama in 2009, she joined the Hong Kong Repertory Theatre as a full-time actress, but she was constantly labelled as “Raymond Lam’s cousin.”

Many believed that her entrance into the entertainment industry relied solely on relationships. “When people found out I was Raymond’s cousin, they began focusing on my family background instead.” Rosina believes that the title actually comes with a hidden pressure. “Although Raymond is my cousin, he told me that I would have to depend on myself. We are both individuals who have worked hard to where we are today. He is someone I look up to.”

Without letting gossip defeat her passion for acting, Rosina instead worked hard to perfect her performances. Since her TVB debut in Til Love Do Us Lie <結‧分@謊情式>, Rosina has won the My Favorite TVB Supporting Actress award two years in a row in 2015 and 2016 at the StarHub TVB Awards, as well as being nominated for other acting accolades.

When she married businessman Jason Mok (莫贊生) in 2015, he was very supportive of her acting career. Given that she wanted to regulate her health to prepare for a baby and have more life-work balance, she left TVB and signed with the station’s sister company, Shaw Brothers.

Rosina’s recent performances in Our Unwinding Ethos <十二傳說>, Barrack O’Karma <今宵大廈>, and Sinister Beings <逆天奇案> gained wide attention and paved her way to becoming a consistent leading actress in TVB dramas. “I am very happy, because I am finally receiving everyone’s approval in my work. People are finally removing the label [of Raymond’s cousin].”

Gaining “a sense of reassurance,” Rosina hopes to have a chance for Best Actress in this year’s TVB Anniversary Awards. “If there is a chance, I want to fight for it. However, there are a lot of factors that go into this decision, so it is best that I just do my part.”

When asked whether or not she feels under qualified for the Best Actress award, she responded, “I think we define our own standards of what level we are at. It really depends on the affirmation from our viewers and the professionals.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee Tries Her Hand At Directing​

1631021355973.png

Appearing at a commercial event for wedding brands in Wan Chai, actress Ali Lee (李佳芯) was dressed in an ethereal white gown and simple but elegant silver jewelry. In line with World Alzheimer’s Day on coming September 21, Ali shared about her latest project – directing, producing and acting in a microfilm to raise awareness about the debilitating disease.

The actress confided that it is an immense challenge to oversee every aspect of the microfilm. “Actually, everyone [of the cast members] has already come on board and are ready for filming. I hope that [we will] be able to show everyone something great by the end of the year.”

On why she chose to work on a microfilm on Alzheimer’s, Ali explained that she was inspired by her experience of volunteering at Jockey Club Centre for Positive Aging, where she learned about seniors with Alzheimer’s disease getting lost and separated from loved ones.

“From working on the script to deciding on the cast, it took me a few months. This is actually the second project since I had my book published that I was wholly responsible for behind-the-scenes and work before the camera, so it was indeed a huge challenge.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee to Film Drama With “Stars’ Academy’s” Hugo Wong​

1631106245863.png

Although music competition Stars Academy <聲夢傳奇> has ended, the contestants have signed contracts with TVB to develop their music and acting careers. The latest star to receive a filming opportunity is 21-year-old Hugo Wong (黃奕斌), who will be starring in his first drama with 38-year-old Ali Lee (李佳芯).

It is said that Ali will be involved in a love triangle with Hugo and Joe Ma (馬德鐘) in the new series, which is tentatively titled Types of Good Men <有種好男人>. As details are not officially released yet, some netizens find the age gap between Ali and Hugo to be too large and it would be more believable if they play a mother-son duo rather than a couple.

Due to start filming in September, Types of Good Men will be produced by Amy Wong (王心慰), who previously brought Carlos Chan (陳家樂) to stardom with his breakout performance in Daddy Cool <逆緣>. If Amy is able to work her magic again, Hugo will be groomed into a bigger star.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee Prefers to Film One Drama Per Year​

1631108146266.png

After Ali Lee (李佳芯) made a strong performance in AI Romantic <智能AI(愛)人>, many netizens wondering if the actress will now be heavily promoted by the station. While many fans wish to see Ali stars in more exciting dramas, Ali reveals that her preference is to only film one drama per year.

After winning the TVB Queen title for her performance in 2019’s drama Who Wants a Baby? <BB來了>, the actress suddenly reduced her schedule and filmed only a handful of dramas, which included Big White Duel <色強人>, Beauty and the Boss <愛美麗狂想曲>, Death by Zero <殺手> and AI Romantic. Many fans noticed the drastic change in Ali’s schedule and speculated that either the actress lost her ambition or she was frozen by the station for making a political statement on her Instagram.

In an interview, Ali explained the real reason, “I think it is better for artistes to [film one drama per year]. There was a time when I just received my script and then spent two years undergoing surgeries. I tend to give myself a lot of pressure so my body and my skin suffer when filming starts. It’s better for me to film one or two dramas per year. I hope the audience won’t get tired of me. I would be able to rest up and be in a better state of mind.”

When asked if Ali is fixated on her decision, the actress replied, “I don’t have a limit and I would never push for it. However, I think it’s a better pace for me to film one or two dramas per year. Of course, if the company arranges it and thinks I am a good fit, I would do it.”

In the meantime, Ali is taking on the challenge of directing, producing and acting in her microfilm and shared some of her challenges, “I am aiming to film in September or October, so the past few months felt like I was going to war. In addition to being in front of the camera, I am also responsible for casting. It is difficult to do it by myself and I haven’t found the male lead.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Miss Hong Kong 2021: Yvette Chan is Afraid Eye Surgery Would Ruin Her Chances'​

1631192008237.png

Excitement is building as the Miss Hong Kong 2021 finals will take place on Sunday, September 12.

The 12 contestants were presented to a panel of judges who would be deciding the winner of Miss Photogenic. The judges included fashion designer Alan Chan (陳幼堅), model Kathy Chow (周汶錡), former Miss Hong Kong runner-up Sofie Rahman (李嘉慧), and photographer Ringo Tang (鄧鉅榮).

At the event, the leading candidates in the pageant were revealed. Based on public votes on who they thought would win the crown, Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨), Sabina Mendos (宋宛穎), and Cathy Wong (王嘉慧) were the top three.

Fabienne expressed her surprise and felt a boost of confidence from the votes. She stated that she would be entering the finals with a neutral attitude, “The most important thing is to perform to the best of my ability. There is a lot of dancing in the final. It’s not my strong suit, so I have to practice every day. “

One of the hot favorites, Yvette Chan (陳聖瑜), missed the last event due to a sty. Wearing a bandage over her eye, Yvette received surgery to let out the pus. She is afraid that the wound would get infected so she wore a bandage. “I never had a sty before–it might be due to having to put on too much makeup.”

It has been five days since surgery, so Yvette should heal in time for the finals. Although this would not affect her performance, Yvette is worried that her appearance will cause the judges to take off marks, “I can only roll with the punches, and hope that I perform well during the finals.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Lisa Tse Struggles With Cantonese While Filming “Come Home Love”​

1631281865520.png

Miss Hong Kong 2020 winner, Lisa Tse (謝嘉怡), has joined the long-running sitcom Come Home Love: Lo and Behold <愛.回家之開心速遞>, and is thrilled with her increased workload.

With more filming opportunities, Lisa has been quite busy that she even shed some weight in the process. “I ate a lot when I went back to Scotland. I also had some cake when it was my birthday, so I looked very round on screen. I started to exercise and eat less sweets to lose weight.”

Aside from slimming down, Lisa has also been improving on her Cantonese. She hopes to learn how to read Chinese soon, so that she does not have to bother others in helping her translate the script. When asked if she got into trouble for outtakes, she said, “No, everyone treats me well. I think the two words that are most difficult for me are ‘buy’ and ‘sell’ given how similar they sound. I practiced for over half an hour, but I still said it wrong. No one makes fun of me. Instead, they are always encouraging me.”

Making an appearance with Lisa at the same fashion magazine event, singer Alex Lam (林德信) revealed he has been busy promoting his new song “Falling Stars”. In addition to composing, he also wrote the lyrics, sang, and produced the song. The song will describe his journey with his first love. “Having your first love should be simple and happy, and that is the feeling I want my song to convey.” Alex added that he would be finding two young people to star in his music video, as he feels that he is past the age to be playing a young lover.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Roxanne Tong and Stephen Wong Film for “OPM”​

1631283890639.png

Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯), Telford Wong (黃庭鋒), Bowie Cheung (張寶兒), Chloe So (蘇皓兒), and Stephen Wong (黃嘉樂) attended the blessing ceremony of TVB’s financial fraud drama OPM (Other People’s Money) this week.

Working together for the first time, Roxanne and Stephen play a married couple and have passionate scenes that push the limits of what can be aired on television. Roxanne said, “We’ll have to discuss as we go along. If we follow the script to a tee, then it definitely can’t be aired. We’re now filming in a way that alludes to what we are doing. Stephen and my scenes are not considered too extreme. Afterwards, our characters end up getting a divorce, and I will seduce Hugo Wong (黃子恆) instead.”

As Stephen is close with Kenneth Ma (馬國明), does Roxanne feel awkward working together?She had already briefly mentioned the passionate scenes to Kenneth, but he is not the type to micromanage and monitor the filming on set. She shared, “My character is quite aggressive. Kenneth feels that the men are the ones who feel awkward when filming these scenes, because they are scared of any misunderstandings. Before I filmed with Stephen, he politely asked if he could kiss my cheek!”

The new challenge for Roxanne would be the emotional rollercoaster her character experiences in OPM. Revealing that Stephen was a bit hesitant to slap her face in one scene, Roxanne said, “I told him to really slap me. Let’s get it over with in one shot! I also slap myself really aggressively. I was curious why the director did not end the scene afterwards, but it turns out that Stephen was speechless watching!”

Stephen shared that his girlfriend is actually very happy about his passionate scenes, because they will help create news and boost his career. Kenneth had also sent a text message telling him to do his best!

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Grace Chan is Glad to Have a Twin Brother While Growing Up​

1631286426763.png

Grace Chan (陳凱琳) and her twin brother, Derek, make a striking impression whenever they step out together. Attending a lingerie promotional event together on September 2, Grace is used to being in the spotlight, but Derek is more camera shy and glad to have his sister by his side.

Sharing a deep bond as most twins do, Grace and Derek have similar hobbies and many memories from kindergarten through high school together. “We were each other’s other half, so our relationship was great. Since he was a boy and I was a girl, we shared so many different things and [perspectives].”

Although Derek is more tanned, he and Grace have similar facial features of sharp eyes, high cheekbones, and strong nose profiles. When asked if they had always looked alike, Grace laughed and said, “Of course, I would want to think so because we are twins. We looked most alike when we were babies, but then completely different [while growing up]. Now, I think we’re starting to look alike again!”

While many people love seeing the twins together, Grace said they would likely not have the chance to make joint public appearances frequently, “Derek has a full-time job. I just wanted him to try it out, because it is such a rare opportunity.”

Always putting her family first, Grace often shares photos of her own two sons, Rafael and Yannick, on Instagram. Recently, many netizens commented that Yannick closely resembles Grace’s father. “I agree! They are both fair skinned. I didn’t see it before, but now I do. Since Yannick’s complexion is creamy with pink undertones and doesn’t tan easily, he looks like an innocent little lamb or doll. He has my dad’s look, except with the super round eyes.”

Grace shared that many parents and grandparents are excited to hear that the younger generation looks like them, “My dad was very happy when I told him that.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Pakho Chau and Venus Wong Get Intimate in “The Spectator”​

1631363591048.png

Teasing viewers about their onscreen romance in upcoming TVB drama The Spectator <旁觀者>, actors Pakho Chau (周柏豪) and Venus Wong (王敏奕) shared that they will have many intimate scenes!

Among the cast present at the prayer ceremony of the drama were Jinny Ng (吳若希), Joey Law (羅天宇) and Brian Tse (謝東閔). Though romantic sparks will be flying between Pakho and Venus onscreen, there is no lack of underlying tension either, since the two share a complicated relationship, with Pakho playing a serial killer disguised as a cafeteria owner, while Venus is a police officer.

Pakho: “Romantic Yet Poignant” Love Scenes
Produced by Yip Chun Fai (葉鎮輝) who had brought viewers Barrack O’ Karma <金宵大廈>, The Spectator will be a 20-episode series that combines thriller, suspense and romantic elements in one. Asked to comment on just how “exciting” their intimate scenes will be, Venus shyly passed the bucket to Pakho by saying the scenes were surely not as daring as those in the films he had starred in. The actor readily confessed that the level of intimacy in The Spectator was no big deal for him, though Venus probably found them bold. He described the scenes as being “very romantic, beautiful and yet poignant, [since] there was a lot of love between the two [characters].”

Due to the topless scenes required, Pakho was keen to tone up and shed some pounds before commencing filming, only it turns out that Venus also felt motivated to do the same, and the two ended up challenging each other to “salad eating.”

Sibling Jealousy for Pakho After No. 2’s Arrival
As his second child only recently arrived, Pakho shared that that he was so caught up with work he had only carried his son twice up until now! Hoping to wrap up his scenes soon so he could spend more time with his family, he said “Now I have to resolve the tension between elder sister and younger brother, the elder sister is obviously jealous, whenever (she sees me) carrying her brother she will call out ‘Daddy,’ so I’d have to educate her slowly.”

Asked about her father-in-law Eric Tsang‘s (曾志偉) recent $27.8 million Hong Kong dollars earnings from the sale of his Boundary Street properties, Venus said she was not too up-to-date about the matter, and said she should need to “first work hard to earn money and save up, to have enough for investing.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Sabina Mendes Crowned as Miss Hong Kong 2021​

1631539989985.png

The Miss Hong Kong 2021 finals took place on September 12, crowning Sabina Mendes (宋宛穎) as its new winner. Carina Leung (梁凱晴) won first runner-up, while Kristy Shaw (邵初) won second runner-up and Miss Friendship, and Penny Yeung (楊培琳) won Miss Photogenic.

1631540013318.png

Sabina is a 22-year-old college graduate, who aspires to become a doctor. Growing up in a single-parent household, Sabina was raised by mother Man Bo Suet (文寶雪), who was also a beauty queen and won Miss Macau 1990 first runner-up. Although Sabina felt that she did not give the best response during the Q & A segment, her strength in dancing helped her overall performance. As she has been learning different genres of dance since 6 years old, Sabina is proficient in ballet, Hip Hop, and Latin dance. Originally aiming to finish in the Top Five, Sabina was shocked by the results, “I can’t believe I won!”

Placing as first runner-up, Carina was said to have looked momentarily disappointed when the results were announced. Asked if she was disappointed that she did not win the top title, the 26-year-old denied and said she was just tired. Since she is friends with Sabina and Kristy, she is happy with the results and praised both of their performances in the finals.

Winning Miss Friendship, Kristy debunked the myth that the award winner would normally not get placed in Top Three. The 27-year-old is happy that other contestants voted for her to win Miss Friendship and attributes her placement to her vitality in her performance on finals night.

A major highlight in the pageant was Jacky Cheung (張學友) performing his classic songs, and sharing the stage with Gin Lee (李幸倪) and the contestants.

After his performance, the Miss Photogenic award would be distributed, but there seemed to be a issue in scheduling and former winner Lisa Tse (謝嘉怡) did not appear on stage, with the MC’s trying to stall for time. Suddenly, the Top Five results were announced and TVB executive Eric Tsang (曾志偉) looked stern while talking to the production crew and trying to iron out the glitches.

Surprisingly, hot favorites Yvette Chan (陳聖瑜) and actor Eddie Kwan‘s (關禮傑) daughter, Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨), did not place in the pageant but the latter did reach the Top Five.