• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Grace Chan to Host Love and Sex Talkshow​

1635172920743.png

With TVB releasing its line-up of new programs for 2022, there are plans to add English language programs for TVB Pearl, and actress Grace Chan (陳凱琳) will be hosting a new love and sex-themed talkshow!

An English comedy sitcom series Family First will be casting many artistes fluent in English, while Grace has been tasked to host a love and sex-themed talkshow Love Matters, With Grace. The show will invite a different artiste on every episode to discuss sex-related topics.

When interviewed, Grace shared that TVB Deputy General Manager Eric Tsang (曾志偉) had told her as he extended the hosting invite, “ didn’t know your English is so good!” Eric had previously commented on Grace’s hosting during this year’s Miss Hong Kong Pageant, that the 30-year-old should be less cautious and speak up without too many considerations.

About the possibility of going back to doing dramas, as her husband Kevin Cheung (鄭嘉穎) has, the mother of two commented, “Filming dramas take too much time, so at the moment I won’t be doing that,”

Other Upcoming Variety Programs

As the Miss Hong Kong Beauty Pageant will be entering its 50th anniversary next year, the contest will held on a grander and more visually impressive scale. Adding to a diverse program mix are Dub of War II <好聲好戲2>, STARS Academy II <聲夢傳奇2>, Oppa’s Cuisine <男神廚房>, Mahjong King <麻雀鬥室三決一> as well as reality show Flying Race <木人巷> which will see artistes compete for the best “all-round artiste” in hosting, acting and sing and dance segments. The Oven Mitt Club will also see actress Kelly Ng (伍樂怡), who has her own business selling bagels, show off her cooking skills.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eric Tsang on His New Role as TVB General Manager​

1635255083401.png

Rising from an actor to management executive, Eric Tsang (曾志偉) was promoted from Deputy General Manager to General Manager eight months on the job to lead TVB’s variety show, drama and music production units. Many were shocked by the decision and even doubted whether Eric would take the job seriously, but he is proving his critics wrong.

Recalling the reservations, Eric said, “Everyone thought I’d fool around in my position for maybe half a year and call it quits. I must be really talented if I am able to do so, because the sooner I leave this position, the quicker I have succeeded in my job. It would mean that I was able to find someone to take over for me.”

Although he took on a supposed promotion with more responsibilities and clout, Eric admitted that he does not make as much money in this new role as he did as an actor.

Joining the ranks of management at an age when many would retire, the 68-year-old admitted that the never-ending amount of work is indeed tiring. Reflecting on his decision to take on this busy role, Eric said, “When I was 65 years old, I wanted to take advantage of the next 10 years when I am still mobile to travel. Who would’ve guessed that soon after, I returned to TVB? This is how life is though. I want to live my life with no regrets. I see it as a mission. I hope to see a better and improved TVB. When I took my position though, I realized that the task I am taking on is bigger than I imagined. Times are different now. TVB is no longer the sole monopoly [in television].”

Wants to Cultivate New Talent

Learning to take breaks and destress, Eric said, “Fortunately, there are a lot of talented people who have really been helping me out. Every position has a young person. Hopefully, I can help TVB seek out a group of young talents who have the foresight to help the company move forward and keep up with the times.”

On whether he feels that he is doing a good job, Eric expressed, “I can only do my best. I think I have done a satisfactory job, because I have dedicated all my time to this.” Immediately after becoming manager, Eric reconciled TVB’s relationship with three major record companies in Hong Kong. This will ultimately improve the opportunities of TVB’s managed artistes in the music industry.

Despite his busy job, Eric confessed that he has not given up on being an actor. “Acting is something that makes me happy. However, I will wait until I have completed my current job first.”

In addition to acting, Eric has always produced Lunar New Year films every year in the past. Unfortunately, his TVB workload has taken up all his time and he will not be able to allot time to release a film this year.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Big Cast Could Not Save Ratings for “Kids’ Lives Matter”​

1635257885086.png

Despite high hopes, the first week viewership ratings for TVB series Kids’ Lives Matter <星空下的仁醫> and Take Two <換命真相> in Hong Kong yielded mediocre results.

With Shaun Tam (譚俊彦), Gloria Tang (鄧佩儀), and Jonathan Cheung’s (張頴康) Take Two only averaging about 19.1 points during the first week, it was lower than Come Home Love: Lo and Behold <愛.回家之開心速遞>, which averaged 20.7 points.

Performing even worse than Take Two, Kevin Cheung (鄭嘉穎), Kenneth Ma (馬國明), and Linda Chung’s (鍾嘉欣) medical series Kids’ Lives Matter only garnered 18.5 points.

What shocked viewers most was the fact that Kids’ Lives Matter received a great amount of media buzz before last Monday’s premiere. With two TV Kings starring in the pediatric-themed drama, as well as Linda’s comeback role, many thought the drama would be a big hit.

Although the two dramas were slated to be TVB’s grand productions this year, ratings were even lower than long-running sitcom, However, it is still too early into the broadcasting run to determine whether they will become major flops or pick up viewership in the following weeks.

In contrast to Hong Kong’s lukewarm reception, Mainland Chinese viewers were bigger fans of the show. Chinese netizens gave excellent feedback, and the series received 9 points in critical reviews.

Not all of TVB’s productions have been met with mediocre ratings lately. In fact, during the typhoon warning two weeks ago, long running entertainment news program The Scoop <東張西望> received a rating of 29.2 across seven days of broadcast. Come Home Love also received a 28.5-point rating, and even peaked at 28.7 on October 13.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Elanne Kong’s Contract Dispute Reveals Dark Side of HK Entertainment​

1635344370790.png

Former Hong Kong actress/ singer Elanne Kong’s (江若琳) contract dispute with her previous management company, Universe Entertainment, has dragged on for more than seven years. In recent hearings at the High Court, Elanne broke down multiple times over allegations that she had an affair with her former boss, and revealed that she had considered suicide because of the mental torment her previous employer put her through.

From 2004 to 2014, Elanne was managed by Universe Entertainment. Since she was still a minor at the time of signing of her 10-year contract, her mother had signed on her behalf. The contract terms stated that Universe Entertainment had the priority to renew Elanne’s contract for another five years in 2014. When the singer refused, the company sued her for breach of contract.

Elaine claimed that she did not receive proper dues for her work. Because of questionable billing practices, the 34-year-old was always in debt with the company and owed them $1 million Hong Kong dollars after working with them for 10 years.

The company’s chairman, Daneil Lam (林小明), denied these allegations and proclaimed that the company had lent her money through the years when she did not have any income.

Staff Suggested Elanne Pull Out All of Her Teeth

In the first year and half when Elanne became a managed artiste, Daniel admitted that she did not have any jobs. Elanne just received orthodontic treatment and continued to go to school.

According to Elanne, company staff had initially suggested that she pull out all of her teeth and get implants for a straighter smile. Since Elanne was only 16 at the time, her mother took her to a doctor, who objected this should not be done because of her young age.

Company’s Machinations Always Put Her in Debt

Elanne claimed that Universe Entertainment’s machinations always put her in debt with the company, even as her income grew. The company would deduct promotional expenses such as wardrobe, catering, and dining out fees from her income.

In 2012, Elanne owed her company HK$2 million, which she was able to lower to HK$1 million by 2014. However, this was “meaningless” to her because “No matter what I did, the company always managed to put me in debt with them.” Most of the expenses charged to Elanne’s account were allegedly music-production related.

As Elanne’s parents became increasingly worried over her income and asked a lot of questions, Daniel offered to give them HK$500,000 to pacify their concerns. He urged Elanne, “After you film two dramas, you won’t be in the [negative] anymore.” However, Elanne realized later that the HK$500,000 was also charged on her behalf, which was part of the HK$1 million she owed Universe Entertainment.

1635344469691.png

In 2006, the first time Elanne looked at the company’s monthly record, it was indicated she owned them HK$17,000 after deducting the various expenses they spent on her.

Elanne claimed she continued to notice unreasonable fees, such as the the laundering fees of dancers’ costumes, staff’s pain reliever pills, toothpicks, and stationery were charged to her account. Although she challenged the company each time, Daniel replied that this was the standard protocol in the industry to deduct all expenses related to artiste management.

The company would only provide one expense statement every six months. At first, Elanne was able to see the statements, but later on, her manager would sign the statements while she was working. Elanne was unable to carefully review the itemized expenses and was unclear what was actually being billed under her name.

During her employment, the company would allocate a monthly amount of HK$5,000 to HK$33,000 for Elanne’s monthly living expenses which she found to be inadequate. To preserve her celebrity image, the company forbade her to eat street foods, take public transportation, and also ordered Elanne to move out of her parents’ modest home and rent an apartment by herself.

Based on his experience, Daniel claimed that it normally takes 10 years for an artiste to establish fame. During the 10 years, the company needs to spend a lot of time and resources to manage the artiste and would only earn profits in the last five years of her career.

Daniel stated that Elanne knew the company intended to manage her for a total of 15 years from the outset, otherwise they would not have invested HK$50 million in her television drama to promote her. Calling her a “traitor,” Daniel claimed that Elanne would have qualified to earn HK$7 million in her 10 years of employment if she were not such a “big spender.”

He cited that in 2010, while preparing for Elanne’s concert, Daniel could not find enough endorsers and Universe Entertainment had to fund $400,000 for the event. When the concert was unable to sell enough tickets, the company ended up losing money.

Elanne’s Mental Suffering and Suicide Attempt

At the hearings, the defense counsel pointed to Elanne’s mental suffering as a result of the company’s treatment through the years. When a tabloid took upskirt photos of her, Universe Entertainment did not try to stop the circulation of the photos nor protect her privacy. She also claimed she was ordered to film bust enhancement ads which she did not want to do.

In 2011, Elanne had intended to commit suicide in Shek O and called Daniel to complain of her unfair treatment. Although Elanne suffered immense pressure and stress when she was perceived as being Daniel’s lover by the public, the company forbade her from making a detailed response and did not arrange a press conference to clarify the rumors.

Cursed by the public as a third party, Elanne’s image plummeted and she received no endorsements and jobs. She described herself as a “slave in the entertainment industry” and wondered why she had no income although she had been an artiste for nearly a decade.

In his testimony, Daneil proclaimed that if he did not give money to Elanne through the years, she would not be able to survive or have the means for basic living. He further added that he also suffered mentally during that time.

However, when the defense counsel pointed out that despite Elanne’s inability to make sales, the company insisted on pushing out a new record. “During such circumstances, the company still persisted in pushing out her album, Shining. Isn’t that odd? Wasn’t she suffering enough already? Why insist on spending so much money on this project?” Daneil simply replied that the record was recorded previously.

After Elanne’s contract with Universe Entertainment ended in 2014, she claimed the company discouraged directors in casting her and told others she was difficult to work with.

Throughout the court hearings, Elanne broke into tears multiple times. Her husband, entrepreneur Oscar Siu (蕭潤邦), was also in attendance to support her.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Tiffany Lau and Moon Lau Wear Swimsuits for “Invisible Team” Pool Scene​

1635606541508.png

Produced by Jazz Boon (文偉鴻), Invisible Team <隱形戰隊> has been filming for three months, and is set to be completed by December for a 2022 release. The TVB drama stars Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Joel Chan (陳山聰), Natalie Tong (唐詩詠), Moon Lau (劉佩玥), and Tiffany Lau (劉穎鏇). Filming a scene by a hotel swimming pool, Tiffany wore a bikini that revealed her abs and also long legs while Moon wore a more conservative swimsuit and covered up her lower body.

In the scene, Tiffany and Moon’s characters are tasked with seducing several rich second generations while trying to uncover their crimes. While the ladies attempt to seduce their targets in a pool, Kenneth and Joel keep watch over their safety from afar.

As the press was invited to visit the filming set for this scene, Tiffany attracted a lot of attention in her bikini. When she walked out of the water, she revealed strong abs and slender legs. Training for more than six months, Tiffany hopes viewers can see how toned and muscular she has become as a result of her hard work.

1635606583484.png

Coming to work early that day, Tiffany felt the strong winds and the lack of sun made her feel like a popsicle when she walked into the freezing water. “I stepped into the water at least 20 times already. I am so cold, that I have lost all feeling in my body. I can only feel myself shaking.”

On the other hand, Moon was teased for overeating and not training her body diligently. Although she would eat Joel and Tiffany’s leftovers during lunchtime, Moon does not usually gain a lot of weight. Moon complimented her costars for training hard, which inspired her to also exercise and become more health conscious.

In the scene, Kenneth was dressed in a colorful shirt which matched nicely with Tiffany and Moon’s bright swimsuits. Asked if he enjoyed the feeling of having two women by his side, Kenneth immediately joked that he was blind today, and he would not be commenting on their outfits. Joel teased Kenneth for being scared of upsetting his girlfriend Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯).

Although filming for the action drama has been strenuous, the cast grew really close and are delighted with their experience. Kenneth and Joel have already completed all the studio scenes, and are just wrapping up fight scenes and some outdoor shots.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Chilam Cheung Talks About His Marriage with Anita Yuen​

1635688361677.png

Appearing in popular variety shows such as Viva La Romance 2<妻子的浪漫旅行> and Call Me by Fire <披荊斬棘的哥哥>, Chilam Cheung (張智霖) continues to maintain popularity in the Greater China Region. His playful, yet authentic interaction with his wife Anita Yuen (袁詠儀) is often the dream content for reality shows.

In an earlier episode of talk show Three Sisters <串椒3姊妹>, Chilam shared his marriage dynamics with hosts Margie Tsang (曾華倩), Cutie Mui (梅小惠), and Elvina Kong (江欣燕). It turns out his cousin Anna Ueyama (上山詩鈉) was very close with the trio, so Chilam also became good friends with them. When he was growing up, he was a big fan of Margie while watching her dramas, “At the time, I felt you were amazingly beautiful!”

Since Chilam is known for being a family man, the conversation eventually turned to his marriage. Together with Anita for nearly 30 years, it is incredible how affectionate they are towards each other. As to whether or not Anita still admires him, he said, “Not really. She thinks I’m like a handbag that is a part of her personal collection.”

Anita and Chilam love to tease through snide remarks, and it seems to keep their relationship fresh. Anita once complimented Chilam for not having a bad temper, but he revealed that they have conflicts every day. “I don’t throw a fit at anyone, but only with her. Sometimes I feel that she is making a scene out of nothing, but I don’t yell back.” When asked if he would change anything about his wife, he responded, “Don’t change me, and I don’t want to change you either. Just the way you are is the best.”

As he is an easygoing father, Chilam treats his teenage son Morton like a friend so that they can have open conversations. As for dating advice, Chilam said, “I told him to experiment as much as possible, so that he knows how to treat other people well. Of course, he needs to take safety precautions and be a good gentleman.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eric Tsang Promotes Open Door Policy​

1635863654864.png

Known for his quick wit and creativity, Eric Tsang (曾志偉) has always been a favorite among TVB management and was quickly promoted to General Manager. Once in his new role, Eric quickly took action to improve the quality and reception of the company’s productions.

Eric shared, “The most important reason behind my return to TVB is because of the support from [majority shareholder] Li Ruigang (黎瑞剛) and Thomas Hui (許濤). In the past, it was wrong to cut costs. Instead, we really should invest where we should. Better programs will generate more income. I came back to promote bolder creativity.”

Facing staffing issues, Eric commented, “We’ve lost a lot of talent these past few years. I’ve invited many of them back, especially the lower level staff and increased their salaries. It may seem like I’m spending a lot of money, but that’s not the case. In the past six months, our revenue from commercials have increased by more than 30 percent. Once we started spending money, we eventually started generating more income. My goal is to seek out more talent, and recruit younger artistes.”

Although many feel that artistes are in passive roles, Eric believes they can take more initiative in suggesting ideas to producers which could lead to more casting offers. “Anyone is welcome to come into my office and chat with me about any thoughts, feelings, or ideas. I may not be sold on what they tell me, but I promise that I will tell them why I am not moving forward with their proposal and make them understand the reasoning behind the decision. I will share my experiences from all these years in the industry, which include many failed projects. I hope to educate them on what television production entails.”

Eric revealed that actors Matthew Ho (何廣沛), Milkson Fong (方紹聰), Arnold Kwok (郭子豪), Dickson Yu (余德丞) have visited his office. Bob Lam (林盛斌), and Luk Ho Ming(陸浩明) successfully pitched ideas and will be hosting new programs.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Is Grace Wong Demoted at TVB?​

1636120835514.png

It took 35-year-old Grace Wong (王君馨) almost 10 years to climb to leading lady status, but her position at the top seems precarious as younger co-stars are overshadowing her and taking on more significant roles. Whispers of a demotion at abound as Grace was also missing at the TVB Sales Expo in October.

Since winning first runner-up at Miss Hong Kong 2007, Grace worked hard to showcase her capabilities and potential. Slowly climbing her way up from playing small supporting roles, she finally made a breakthrough performance in A Fist Within Four Walls <城寨英雄>. This followed with her clinching the Most Popular Female Character at the 2016 TVB Anniversary Awards.

The success instantly thrust Grace into the spotlight as she took on significant roles in My Dearly Sinful Mind <心理追兇> and A General, a Scholar, and a Eunuch <超時空男臣>. In 2018, she eventually landed her first lead role in OMG, Your Honor <是咁的法官阁下>.

Recognized for her acting potential, there were high anticipations on Grace’s performance in I’ve Got Power <超能使者>. Her role was regarded as second in importance following female lead Natalie Tong (唐詩詠), however the drama’s poster saw Grace surprisingly pushed to the background behind 24-year-old co-star Tiffany Lau (刘颖璇).

Billed as a supernatural action comedy, I’ve Got Power is one of TVB’s more exciting productions in 2022 starring Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Joel Chan (陳山聰).

While seemingly minor, the poster position difference suggested Grace’s role is of less importance than Tiffany. Reports have pointed out that Grace’s contract with TVB is about to expire, and the “demotion” is likely caused by conflict of interests between the two parties while discussing contract renewal.

Rumors of Grace leaving the station intensified when she did not attend the TVB Sales Expo for upcoming 2022 dramas.

Furthermore, Grace apparently complained to the producer Jazz Boon (文偉鴻) about the matter, but due to a lack of response, she became too discouraged to attend the sales event. Displeased by TVB’s cold treatment, Grace is speculated to cut ties with the company soon.

Grace’s Response

When asked if she was dissatisfied about her positioning in the I’ve Got the Power poster, Grace expressed that “the sizing or positioning is not important, because I play my every role very sincerely and besides. I focus more on audiences’ feedback towards the performance.”

Jazz Boon also responded to Grace’s lack of promotional shots because “her role is very mysterious.”

Regarding her absence at the TVB Sales Expo, Grace commented that everyone has a rich imagination and explained she needed to prepare herself for isolation, as she will be leaving Hong Kong to film a drama.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Priscilla Wong Reflects on Turning 40​

1636126012872.png

Turning 40 in October, Priscilla Wong (黃翠如) took stock of who she is after arriving in the midpoint of her life and experiencing unexpected losses and setbacks.

Taking time to reflect on what it means to reach such a major milestone in her life, Priscilla wrote emotionally, “To me, 40 years old is not a number, but rather an accumulated mileage. You must have had experienced enough challenges in life to be able to cross the threshold into 40. I’ve experienced death, and the fickleness of life. I’ve had many lessons in life which have forced me to grow up.

“It turns out that growing up or gaining maturity has nothing to do with your age. It happens in an instant. In that moment, only you will know. What you have lost, you cannot keep. Those that remain, it is important to be grateful for every little bit. Thank you to everyone who love me. Wishing myself a happy birthday,” Priscilla said.

Despite the deep inner reflection, Priscilla also celebrated her 40th birthday with her husband Edwin Siu (蕭正楠) in China where he was working. They celebrated at Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in Yunan and also went for a bike ride.

1636126047323.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee Spotted at Hotel With Rumored Admirer​

1636463849421.png

Since Ali Lee (李佳芯) broke up with actor Danny Chan (陳炳銓), she is said to be aggressively pursued by widowed billionaire Mark Chan (陳恩德). When Ali was seen leaving a hotel with Mark hot on her heels, many were startled over whether they were actually in a relationship together.

In late October, Ali and Mark were seen stepping out of an elevator in The Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Kowloon. Both were dressed casually and wearing masks, with Ali walking quickly ahead. Mark was carrying two paper bags and after seeing Ali board a mini-van, he climbed in as well.

1636463903857.png

It was said that a 40-year-old businessman had especially rented a snowmaking machine at his home last Christmas to surprise Ali. Delighted by the surprise, Ali had posted photos on Instagram without realizing that her selfie would cause so many misunderstandings. With a clear separation between work and her love life, Ali did not wish for the two to be muddled.

When reached for comment, Mark acknowledged that he had thrown a party with artificial snow last year. As for their hotel meetup, Mark revealed they “were discussing about collaborating together” on a charitable project.

Meeting Ali through mutual friends two years ago, Mark is the former chairman of herbal supplements giant Royal Medic Holdings, Ltd. His personal wealth was once valued at $5 billion Hong Kong dollars at his peak in 2015. Last year, he left to found pet health supplements company, Petmacy.

Although denying several times that they are dating, Mark finally laughed, “I also hope it’s true…why don’t you arrange it?” Afterward, Mark said “he is too old” for Ali, but complimented her for being “a wonderful person.” As being the rumored investor behind Ali’s debut directorial short film, Mark paused before stating, “No comment.”

Ali Admits Working on Film Together

Responding to press questions, Ali confirmed that she met with Mark at the hotel to discuss “a short film about brain deterioration.” As to whether there was room for romantic development in their relationship, Ali said, “No, it won’t happen. Thank you.”

Earlier, Ali had disclosed that although she currently has romantic suitors, she is also a little weary about starting a new relationship, as it is not easy and takes time to get to know a person thoroughly. While many people have been urging her to get married soon, she feels that it is hard to find someone with similar values. At this point, even her family has stopped pushing her!

There were also reports that Ali had relocated to a hotel in Tseung Kwan O in preparation for moving into a new home. She denied the reports, and confirmed that she is still renting a service apartment in Hung Hom while waiting for housing prices to drop before making the decision to buy.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Fala Chen Films for HBO’s “Irma Vep”​

1636553365479.png

Gaining international popularity after starring in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Fala Chen (陳法拉) is starring in an exciting new HBO series, Irma Vep.

The classic 1996 French film by director Oliver Assayas starred Maggie Cheung (張曼玉) as an actress portraying a burglar in a film within a film. The movie had featured iconic French film figures and questions the role of French films in the international market today.

The new limited series Irma Vep was announced by HBO in July, and also stars Adria Arjona, Carrie Brownstein, and Jerrod Carmichael.

Taking on Maggie’s role in the remake, Fala has been filming since last month. She shared some photos and short video clips on social media. Appearing in a skintight black outfit, she wrote, “Filming outside a house in the outskirts of France.”

Fans were quick to comment on how similar Fala looked in comparison to Maggie’s character in the 1996 French classic. Netizens also commented on Fala’s similarities to DC Comic’s Catwoman and female superheroine Black Rose. Some curious fans wondered if Maggie herself would make a special cameo appearance in the remake as well.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Kenneth Ma and Rosina Lam Reunite in New TVB Legal Drama​

1636554823963.png

Kenneth Ma (馬國明) takes the title as the most in-demand TV King, as he is filming constantly with barely a break. After filming medical drama Big White Duel 2 < 白色強人> and police drama The Invisible Team <隱形戰隊>, Kenneth’s next project will be a legal drama with Rosina Lam (林夏薇).

The last time Kenneth and Rosina collaborated was in Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain <寒山潛龍> in 2014. The duo will be reuniting in TVB’s new legal drama, Legal Spokesperson <法言人>. The drama also stars Stephen Wong (黃嘉樂), Jonathan Cheung (張頴康), Max Cheung (張達倫), Karl Ting (丁子朗), and Regina Ho (何依婷).

On partnering with Rosina after seven years, Kenneth said, “In Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain, Rosina and I did not have a lot of scenes together, so I am looking forward to our collaboration this time. As an artiste, it is very important to collaborate and have different partners. On the other hand, I am very familiar with Stephen and Jonathan. From Three Kingdoms RPG <回到三國> to Plan “B” <BB大晒>, Jonathan’s acting has improved a lot. I have also watched several of Stephen’s more recent dramas, and he did really well. I am also looking forward to scenes opposite Max.”

Starring as a lawyer for the first time, Rosina has done a lot of research in preparation for her role. “I have never portrayed a lawyer before, but I have always wanted to. I will definitely watch more films and dramas revolving around legal topics. This time, I have a lot of scenes opposite Kenneth. Hopefully, we will be able to generate different kinds of sparks.”

Regina will be starring as a secretary at a law firm in this drama. On her character, Regina shared, “My character is someone who is very gentle and kind, but will have a lot of unfortunate things happen to her. So I will have a lot of emotional scenes. Perhaps my persona is a bit more tragic, so producers often find me suitable for these types of roles. I am not sure [if I have a lot of crying scenes], but the character remains optimistic despite the unfortunate occurrences.”

Working with Regina for the first time, Karl expressed, “Previously, I secretly watched Regina while she was filming the remake of Return of the Cuckoo <十月初五的月光>. I thought she did really well, so I am looking forward to working with her.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Linda Chung Has Only Dated 3 Times in Her Life​

1636726138138.png

Linda Chung‘s (鍾嘉欣) reel love life has little in common with her real dating experiences, as the 37-year-old reveals that she has only had three relationships.

In an interview with her Kids’ Lives Matter <星空下的仁醫> costar Niklas Lam (林正峰), who is an experienced host and known for his bold questions and making guests’ open up about their private lives, Linda disclosed that her first love was when she was 18 years old. The relationship lasted for two years, which was her shortest.

After getting married, Linda bumped into her first love at the supermarket. “We were both buying milk for our children. I didn’t feel awkward, but his face was all red.”

Although she is still friends with her two ex-boyfriends, her husband Jeremy Leung is not jealous. She joked that he is very confident in himself.

1636726203870.png

While Jeremy does not prohibit Linda from filming kissing scenes, he chooses not to watch them. To respect his feelings, Linda will try her best to not accept these scenes unless they important to the storyline. “Kissing the hand or cheek is okay, but definitely no tongue!” Niklas immediately asked if she had to film a French kissing scene before, and she explained that she had one but she did not use her tongue. “I was scared! If my coworker French kisses me, I’ll be shocked.”

Finally, Niklas boldly asked Linda if she had tried having a one night stand before, and she immediately denied and exclaimed that she did not and would never do so!

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Virginia Lau Gets New Opportunities​

1636813479727.png

Despite being a favorite in Miss Hong Kong 2013, Virginia Lau (劉溫馨) did not place in top three. After completing TVB’s 27th Artiste Training Class, Virginia appeared in variety programs and began portraying minor characters in dramas. The majority of her roles unfortunately were those of mistresses or third parties. It was not until her role in Come Home Love <愛•回家> in 2015 that audiences began to take notice of her.

Although her career may have been lackluster for a few years, Virginia has gained a loyal fanbase due to her shapely figure and not shying away from flaunting it. With a new management team at TVB, Virginia is getting new opportunities. Recently, she has been busy promoting Take Two <換命真相> and filming TVB drama ICAC Investigators 2022 <廉政行動2022>.

A Hong Kong Native

Due to her accent, many people did not realize that Virginia was born in Hong Kong. Since she was raised by her grandparents who loved to travel back and forth between Hong Kong and China, she became more fluent in Mandarin and developed an accent when speaking Cantonese. Virginia once expressed, “I really want to film an ancient drama, but reading and memorizing the script will definitely be a challenge. I grew up in China, so my Cantonese is not very good. I have always worked hard at practicing my Cantonese and hoping to improve.”

While in China, Virginia had quite enriching experiences. In 2008, she was the torchbearer for the Beijing Olympic games and passed the Olympic torch in Dalian, Liaoning Province. In 2009, she graduated from the Central Academy of Drama. She also won first place in the Miss Jinshi Pageant. Her parents are now currently living in Japan, and have obtained a dual Japan citizenship for Virginia.

Despite connections and experiences in different places, Virginia ultimately chose to stay in Hong Kong to pursue her passion in acting.

1636813532502.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Roxanne Tong Denies Marriage Rumors​

1637072559875.png

Celebrity couple Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯) and Kenneth Ma (馬國明) are back in the marriage rumor mills after Kenneth shares that he is looking to buy a property for marriage. While the announcement is seen as a sign that the couple is ready to tie the knot, Roxanne believes the opposite and clarifies that Kenneth may actually be buying it as an investment property.

Appearing at the promotional event for TVB’s new program Mahjong Marvels <麻雀鬥室三決一>, Roxanne shares her understanding of Kenneth’s plans, “When I first met him, I already knew that he is interested at looking for properties for investment. There is nothing special about [buying a property]. It’s not surprising if he buys it to live together or decides to rent it out.”

Roxanne acknowledges that the public is looking forward to any marriage announcement, but she confesses that she prefers to not think about it, “Every girl likes to have the element of suspense so I hope that everyone won’t rush us too much. When my mind no longer believes that this is new, I am worried that I will lose the feeling of being surprised. I know everyone are worried about us about us but I also hope that I can maintain the mystery.”

Roxanne also adds, “Don’t mention too much about it or I will have to keep denying and denying the rumor. It may turn out that one day I will get married but no one will believe me!”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Sammi Cheung is Engaged!​

1637152908416.png

Announcing her engagement today, TVB actress Sammi Cheung (張秀文), released her beautiful bridal photos with Billy Wong (王大權).

Sammi was introduced to her millionaire boyfriend, who is the cousin of fur tycoon Awty Wong (王大業), by her friend Bob Lam (林盛斌).

“On February 14, 2020, I remember that I was lying in bed in my pajamas watching YouTube. It was almost 9 p.m., and Bob texted me asking what I was doing. He said that if I wasn’t busy, then I should come to his friend’s party, and there was a man that he wanted to introduce me to. At that time I was watching a variety show–it was a little late, and I had no makeup and my hair was a mess. I told him I didn’t want to go out, and he replied that watching YouTube would not change my life, but if I came out tonight, then my life would definitely change! It turned out that I would meet my future husband and life partner that night, while watching children sing their school songs,” the 34-year-old actress gushed.

1637152947882.png

A finance graduate from the University of Hong Kong, Billy worked as a banker before opening his own business, which reportedly helped him earn over $10 million Hong Kong dollars per year.

It is said that Billy is heads over heels in love with Sammi, and had proposed to her several times last year before finally convincing her. Denying rumors that she is pregnant, Sammi insisted she was touched by the sincerity of Billy’s proposal, where he had arranged many balloons around the house and set up a very romantic atmosphere.

Due to the pandemic, the couple plans for a 2022 wedding, but they have already shot their wedding photos.

1637152973719.png

Sammi made her debut into the industry after winning first runner-up in Miss Hong Kong 2010. Born in a middle class family, Sammi initially studied chemistry at the University of Hong Kong but left before graduation when her mother fell ill. Afterwards, Sammi switched to the City University of Hong Kong, majoring in International Business (Japan Studies). After Miss Hong Kong, Sammi appeared in director Wong Jing‘s (王晶) films, but stardom seemed to elude her and she has primarily hosted TVB variety programs in recent years.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

10 Hong Kong Artistes With Medical Backgrounds​

1637157108246.png

ViuTV’s talent competition show, King Maker <全民造星>, is on to its fourth season. The reality show aims to search for and discover a new generation of Hong Kong talent. In 2018, the show discovered and created boyband MIRROR, which has taken Hong Kong by storm.

The fourth season sees a whole new group of talented celebrity hopefuls. One of the most popular contestants is Kelly Wong (黃雅慧), who quit her job as a doctor to pursue her dreams of working onscreen. With beauty and brains, she is a hot favorite among viewers. However, many are surprised to see her eliminated and hope that the show will have a revival episode to bring her back into the competition.

1637157149856.png

However, Kelly is not the only contestant with a medical background. Wing (余施熲) is 19-year-old pre-med student.

Many Hong Kong artistes have also given up pursuit of their medical careers to pursue their dreams of working in the entertainment industry.

1637157222866.png

Miss Hong Kong 2020 winner, Lisa Tse (謝嘉怡), worked as a nurse in the operating room at St. John’s Hospital in Livingston, Scotland prior to participating in the pageant.

Hera Chan (陳曉華), who is the winner of Miss Hong Kong 2018, was a nurse prior to becoming a managed artiste at TVB.

1637157251804.png

Perhaps unbeknown to many, Miriam Yeung (楊千嬅) worked as a nurse prior to pursuing her singer career.

1637157316071.png

Other artistes who were also nurses prior to starting their onscreen careers include Roxanne Ho (何沛珈), Elly (艾妮), veteran film actress Siu Yam Yam (邵音音).