• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from 8days.sg:

Here’s What These TVB Actresses Look Like Without Make-Up​

1627313357190.png

Charmaine Sheh
Charmaine's definitely not shy when it comes to posting bare-faced selfies. And for good reason 'cos the 45-year-old has a glowing complexion.

jw5

Loyal
from 8days.sg:

1627483602870.png

Fala Chen
The new-mum, who turned 39 last month, looks way younger than her actual age, both with and without make-up.

jw5

Loyal
from 8days.sg:

1627653391605.png

Ali Lee
She’s a hiking enthusiast, and often posts pictures of her with barely a lick of make-up on post-hikes. And we have to say, all that time spent with Mother Nature iss definitely doing wonders for the 38-year-old actress.

jw5

Loyal
from 8days.sg:

1627656438977.png

Priscilla Wong
Has Hongkong actress Priscilla Wong hopped on the bandwagon to post a sweaty post-workout selfie? Kind of. The 39-year-old posted this bare-faced pic on her Instagram recently, sharing that the weather was so hot, she became tanner after just a few hours of outdoor filming.

jw5

Loyal
from 8days.sg:

1627659135489.png

Grace Wong
The former Miss Hongkong contestant’s quite the YouTuber these days. That is, when she can spare time off from her busy filming schedule. The 34-year-old has filmed quite a number of videos bare-faced on her channel, from a make-up tutorial, to a sharing session about her eating disorder.

jw5

Loyal
from 8days.sg:

1627829210123.png

Yoyo Chen
The 39-year-old’s hailed as the “queen of youthful beauty”, and for good reason. Yoyo looks super gorgeous in both selfies, don’t you agree?

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Miss Hong Kong 2021: Contestants Make Swimsuit Appearances​

1627912063811.png

Fit from their hard training, the 24 contestants of Miss Hong Kong 2021 wore swimsuits to meet the media earlier.

There were a few that stood out from the crowd, including early favorites Yvette Chan (陳聖瑜) who stands at 5 feet 4 inches and weighs 105 pounds. Carina Leung (梁凱晴) is also 5 feet 4 inches and weighs 107 pounds. Others that caught the eye of the press include: Esther Chan (陳懿德), Nicoles Ma (馬嘉希), Kristy Shiu (邵初), Angel Yu (余曉蕙), and Trixie Yu (余詠童).

1627912112303.png

Actor Eddie Kwan’s (關禮傑) daughter, Fabienne Leung (關楓馨), felt very nervous about the swimsuit competition and was not prepared. Admitting that she is not very pleased with her lower body, which is not very toned, she feels that she has a good personality, communication skills, and values.

When reporters pointed out her tattoo on her right ribcage, which Fabienne had used heavy foundation to cover up, she stuttered, “I got it when I was very young, and had it for a long time. The tattoo doesn’t have any special meaning, and I have not thought about removing it.”

Reporters stated that in the past very few of the winners had tattoos, and asked if Fabienne is afraid that it will affect her chances. Since the tattoo is a part of her body, if she loses due to it, then she will have to accept it. She will continue trying her best in the competition.

The contestants will soon be given missions, and will be scored based on their beauty, intelligence, character, and modesty. The judges will include TVB executives Eric Tsang (曾志偉) and Virginia Lok (樂易玲).

Contestants will be continuously eliminated, and the results will be aired as a reality show. The contestants had a staycation earlier, where they received specialized training. A six-episode show of the staycation will air starting on August 9. The semifinals will take place on August 22, while the finals will occur on September 12.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

TVB To Air “Battle of the Seven Princesses” on August 9​

1628085788614.png

Riding on enthusiasm and excitement over Hong Konger Edgar Cheung’s (張家朗) Olympic gold in fencing, TVB has decided to air its drama, Battle of the Seven Princesses <七公主> in advance due to the drama’s fencing content.

The series, which stars Rosina Lam (林夏薇), Samantha Ko (高海寧), Jeannie Chan (陳瀅), Kaman Kong (江嘉敏), Judy Kwong (鄺潔楹), Moon Lau (劉佩玥), and Hera Chan (陳曉華), is set to air on August 9, pushing back the air date of The Kwoks and What <我家無難事> to September 13.

In Battle of the Seven Princesses, Judy’s character is extremely passionate about fencing. Rather than admitting defeat, she tirelessly works to improve and win in the field. In order to regain her pride in the field of modern fencing, Judy seeks out lessons from an esteemed and renowned fencer, portrayed by Timothy Cheng (鄭子誠).

Due to her substandard physique for modern fencing, Judy began preparing for her role four months in advance in hopes of improving the believability of her portrayal. The 29-year-old actress admitted that it was difficult when she first started practicing the sport, and would often suffer injuries. The drama’s producer, Joe Chan (陳維冠), also hired a fencing coach to serve as the series’ consultant and technical guide.

jw5

Loyal
Looks like an interesting series.

“Battle of the Seven Princesses” Trailer

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Samantha Ko Will Treasure That Someone Who Can “Click” With Her​

1628173194214.png

Sharing her pastimes and perspective on romance on the latest episode of Twinkle Twinkle Single Star <單對單>, single actress Samantha Ko (高海寧) said she likes children and is open to having kids “on her own.”

Does Yoga to Destress

Sharing her pastimes such as yoga and cake-baking with host Maria Luisa Leitao (黎芷珊), Samantha enjoys the therapeutic practice to help her destress and sort out her thoughts. “It allows me to focus on breathing and finding my sense of balance. Not having the time to think about other matters allows me to relax and tune in to myself. This makes me a lot happier,” she confided.

The 34-year-old is cool about being single right now, as she calls it a “mere phase” which gives her the space to gain more self-awareness about what she really looks for in a partner, so she can “meet someone better.”

Material Gifts Don’t Impress Her

Samantha was more passive and cautious about entering a new relationship when she was younger, and had less than five relationships with her longest romance lasting eight years. However, she now treasures meeting potential partners more.

“With age, I find it harder to purely fall in love now. If I really meet someone whom I get along with and click well with, I’d really appreciate it. Life is short–it’s truly difficult to find someone whom you’re willing to sacrifice yourself for,” the actress said.

Describing herself as “hard to pursue,” Samantha revealed that gifts and flowers are not key to making her feel touched.

Sharing about her maternal instincts, she confided that she would let nature run its course, and is open to having children “on her own” when the time comes. She also hopes her children can have siblings to share their challenges in life with.

1628173275510.png

jw5

Loyal
The seven princesses including Priscilla Wong, Rosina Lam, Samantha Ko, Moon Lau, Kamen Kong, Judy Kwong and Hera Chan.

1628182496171.png

jw5

Loyal
Battle of the Seven Sisters – TVB Drama

1628349424946.png

No. of episodes: 30
Genre: Family, Drama
Native title: 七公主
Original network: TVB

Starring Priscilla Wong, Samantha Ko, Rosina Lam, Jeannie Chan, Kaman Kong, Hera Chan, Judy Kwong, and Moon Lau.

The drama is about a billionaire who passed and left his will to his seven daughters, all of them share the same father but different mothers. The seven sisters see each other for the first time to live with each other in order to receive what they inherited. Each of them is brought up differently and frictions happen.

jw5

Loyal
1628434267945.png

Starring Priscilla Wong (黃翠如), Rosina Lam (林夏薇), Samantha Ko (高海寧), Moon Lau (劉佩玥), Kaman Kong (江嘉敏), Hera Chan (陳曉華), and Judy Kwong (鄺潔楹), Seven Princesses is produced by Joe Chan (陳維冠) and is being described as a “modern version” of the Chinese classical novel Journey to the West <西遊記>, in which each main character go through their own quests to find growth and healing.

Rosina plays a business manager who suffers from a mood disorder. Her character is depressive and self-alienating. Rosina described the role as her most challenging yet. “According to the script there will be a scene where I’m crying on Tsui Wing (徐榮), completely naked,” she shared. “I don’t know how we’re going to do it then, but it’s going to be an important scene.”

Asking if she had already notified her husband of the “intimate” scene she will have with Tsui Wing, she said, “Nope, but he’ll know after reading the news!”

To emotionally prepare for her role, Rosina plans on sleeping separately from her husband. Pointing out that this would severely impact their baby plans, she clarified, “It comes with the job. Besides, baby plans have been already postponed for a while.”

Priscilla plays a cunning and ambitious lawyer whose only goal in life is to win. Priscilla cut her hair to reflect the role’s cutthroat personality. To prepare for her role, Priscilla studied Carol Cheng’s (鄭裕玲) performance as Miss Mo in War of the Genders <男親女愛>. “I have to get used to the long lines. A single closing statement can be as long as three pages, and I have four of them to memorize overall. I would spend over ten days trying to memorize each case. I’m reciting them everywhere, even when I’m driving.”

Will Priscilla consider a “sleep divorce” with her husband Edwin Siu (蕭正楠) like Rosina? Priscilla laughed and said, “I haven’t thought about that, but the house only has one bed. Let’s see who’s going to sleep on the sofa!”

Seven Princesses is Hera’s third drama after debut. She plays a dark but sophisticated secretary. Though Hera won’t be having any kissing scenes in the drama, she longs for one. “I wouldn’t mind giving my first onscreen kiss to Priscilla Wong,” she said. “I love her look on the show!”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Christine Kuo Completes Professional Pastry Program​

1628440600348.png

One step closer to achieving her career aspirations, former Miss Chinese International- Christine Kuo (苟芸慧) recently graduated from a pastry arts diploma program.

Her personal life seemed a lot less rosy, with swirling talk that her marriage with husband William Luk (陸漢洋) is on the rocks after she was seen moving out of their residence, though she remains tight-lipped about any marital unhappiness.

Graduated from French Baking Course

Delving into baking after tying the knot in 2019, Christine took her passion further by enrolling in French professional culinary school, Disciples Escoffier, and frequently updating about her progress on social media. Keen to seed her passion into a career, it was said that William was willing to invest in a storefront to support his wife’s baking ambitions.

However, the couple’s marriage became strained in 2020 withChristine’s eagerness to become a mother in the footsteps of her good friends Leanne Li (李亞男) and Eliza Sam (岑麗香) apparently strained the marriage, but William was not on the same page.

William Was Conspicuously Absent

Graduating from the year-long culinary program recently, Christine shared photos of herself posing euphorically and beaming onstage with her certificates and a gold medal.

Sadly, William was nowhere to be seen, just as he was also conspicuously missing from Christine’s recent 38th birthday celebrations, fueling further questions about the status of the pair’s marriage.

1628440661631.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Natalie Tong Wants to Leave TVB?​

1628685872427.png

Despite filming over 50 dramas in her 17-year-career, Natalie Tong (唐詩詠) only caught her first big break in 2017 when she won Best Actress for My Unfair Lady <不懂撒嬌的女人>. While the award did bring a temporary surge in popularity, including receiving over 10 advertising offers in the beginning, the buzz eventually subsided and Natalie was left with very few opportunities. Anxious about her future development, Natalie is reportedly considering leaving the station.

With TVB dramas dropping in viewership ratings, many are increasingly wary about the station’s continual decline. It is speculated that Natalie also harbors similar feelings and believes there is no future for her there anymore, and she has been poached by other stations.

Aside from currently filming Invisible Team <隱形戰隊>, all four of Natalie’s dramas in the last two years have been shelved without any notice of impending broadcast. Natalie has received few advertising jobs in the last three years as well.

In addition, Natalie has been the target of cyberbullying, in which the suspects were accused of posting messages on social media with threatening and intimidating intent. Two people were detained by the police in the case.

Also a target in the past, Sharon Chan (陳敏之) expressed, “Bullying people on the Internet is such a despicable act. Everyone is working so hard towards achieving their dreams– why can’t there be more encouraging and positive words? The world needs more love and kindness.”

TVB’s “Boxing Queen” Carman Kwan (關嘉敏) filed an official report at the police station when she was tormented by cyberbullying. “The cyberbullies were targeting my family and defaming me. They even messaged the brands that I was working with, and told them to stop using me as a spokesperson. One of the brands received so much harassment that they ended up pulling my commercial. I don’t want to impact anyone else, so I had to go to the police for help,” she said helplessly.

Other artistes such as Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯), Crystal Fung (馮盈盈), Alice Chan (陳煒), Lai Lok Yi (黎諾懿), and even Stars Academy’s <聲夢傳奇> latest breakout stars, Gigi Yim (炎明熹), and Chantel Yiu (姚焯菲) have also been targets of cyberbullying.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Myolie Wu’s Husband Wins Over Haters With Kindness​

1628691083355.png

Since Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) married Philip Lee (李乘德) in 2015, they have added three sons to their beautiful family. Myolie has been busy developing her career in China, while Philip is the owner of a recruitment agency and a restaurant/ bar as well. He has always openly supported Myolie in pursuit of her dreams, and steps up to take care of their children when she is filming in China.

Recently, Philip shared a cute photo of his sons in yellow raincoats enjoying a walk in the rain. However, a jealous netizen blamed Philip for always have fun and not working hard enough.

“You really are a soft rice king, even worse than Benjamin Yuen (袁偉豪). All you do is play with your sons every day. Your wife has to work hard and film in China even as she was about to give birth. I pity her–it’s even worse than being a baby machine. She has to give birth and work hard to support the family. Where did your bar go?” the angry netizen asked.

Philip stood his ground and did not get angry. “Thank you for your concern. Maybe you’re not aware, but I’ve been hard at work for the last 20 years. I now have a few companies. Our team isn’t very big, about 10 people. Luckily, business has been pretty good this year which has allowed me a bit of free time to spend with my children. Family and my children are the most important to me–I hope you will understand. My bar is still here, thank you for your concern. Come by for a drink if you’re free, my treat. I wish you happiness and good health.”

Philip’s reply won over netizens, who praised his friendly response and high EQ!

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Myolie Wu Was Mandy Wong’s Matchmaker​

1628779018591.png

In a recent episode of Bong Bong, Amigo! <諸朋好友>, Myolie Wu (胡杏兒), Mandy Wong (黃智雯), Elaine Yiu (姚子羚), and Paisley Wu (胡蓓蔚) made an appearance as guests on the talk show. Dubbed as part of social circle, “The Nonsense Club,” the women are very close but they usually do not pressure each other to reveal information about their private lives. However, Paisley revealed that Myolie enjoys pressuring her friends into talking.

Upon hearing this, Mandy Wong (黃智雯) quickly nodded in agreement, “I remember on my first day of work with her, Myolie asked if I had a boyfriend. She was really interested and she kept asking me. She asked again when we worked together in Ghetto Justice 2 <怒火街頭 2>.”

Mandy revealed that Myolie then took the initiative to set her up for a date. “She messaged me on WhatsApp one day and showed me a Facebook photo, which only showed three-quarters of the person. She said, ‘I want to introduce my friend to you.’ When I agreed to dinner, she said the date was scheduled for the day after tomorrow. I was shocked at how soon it was, and Myolie said, ‘Were you thinking of waiting until next year?’”

When Amigo Chui (崔健邦) asked Mandy if the man is Mandy’s current boyfriend, the actress paused before answering, “I’m very loyal.” Mandy has been dating jewelry executive Anthony Chim (詹天文) for nine years.

Praising herself for being a great matchmaker in this situation, Myolie said she did this because she cared about her friends.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Myolie Wu Returns To Work After Giving Birth in April​

1628866922326.png

TV Queen Myolie Wu (胡杏儿) works hard to maintain a happy balance between work and family. Announcing the arrival of her third son Liam on April 6, she rested for two months before resuming work. The 41-year-old actress was not in a rush to resume work as she is still breastfeeding, but she has too many outstanding jobs and feels guilty to continue postponing them.

Gaining popularity in China after Everybody Stand By <演員請就位> aired last year, Myolie won Best Performer of the Year award on the acting competition show. Her Weibo following has since increased to 11 million followers, making her one of several Hong Kong actresses with significant social influence in China and plenty of job opportunities.

Earlier, Myolie posted on social media, “I am back!” to show that she is ready to be working in full gear mode. Excited fans commented that they could not wait to see her back in a drama and praised her beautiful looks.

1628866956781.png

A week later, Myolie is seen attending a brand event in Shanghai. She shared, “I actually couldn’t bear to leave my children, especially my newborn son. But thankfully, my mother-in-law is there to help me out. Since my doctor advised that the baby should consume breast milk for six months after birth, I’ve been refrigerating fresh breast milk and express delivering it to Hong Kong every day.”

Taking only her second son Ryan along on the work trip, Myolie is estimated to stay in China for the next three to four months. She will be travelling to Beijing and Tianjin to film an upcoming drama.

jw5

Loyal
from yahoo.com:

Ali Lee makes a successful comeback with AI Romantic, rumoured to be pursued by a millionaire​

1628870406047.png

Amidst rumours of being pursued by a millionaire suitor, Hong Kong actress Ali Lee recently moved into an upscale apartment that costs S$8,800 a month in rent. With her latest drama reaping healthy ratings, there are also discussions that Lee will get another shot at winning the TVB Anniversary Award for Best Actress for 2021.

Lee, who was once penalised by TVB for her pro-democracy political stance, has made a successful comeback with the drama series AI Romantic. Starring as the lead role of Abby in drama, she had captured the viewers’ hearts with her acting as an android robot.

The role, which had Lee dressed in French maid outfits, also pushed the actress' limits with her appearing in suggestive scenes where she was groped and while she was changing clothes. Netizens were generous with their praises for Lee in the drama, and ratings for the AI Romantic hit an all-time high at 19 points.

With her career picking up after the previous controversy, she was also seen moving into an apartment in One Silversea.

Having broken up with her 7-year boyfriend, ViuTV and stage actor Danny Chan, Lee moved out of the couple’s shared house in late 2020 to a serviced apartment in Hung Hom. Attending TVB actor Tony Hung’s wedding where her ex-boyfriend was also in attendance, Lee, who has always avoided talking about her breakup, made a sudden declaration that she is single when asked by media then.

A few months ago, rumours were swirling that a millionaire was pursuing Lee. He was seen organising and creating a romantic scene at a party with snow machines. However, Lee denied the rumours, emphasising that he is a business partner and the snow effects were done for a corporate demonstration.

With her career picking up after the previous controversy, she was also seen moving into an apartment in One Silversea. With a monthly rent of S$8,800, the private estate is located at the waterfront site of the former Tai Kok Tsui Temporary Bus Terminus. It is rumoured that her apartment is over a thousand square feet in size.

Usually picked up by her assistant when she goes out, Lee is, however, a homebody and is seldom seen out of her house. However, after attending a promotional event in TV City a few days ago, the actress was seen taking a red car and driving straight back to her new home without leaving it for the rest of the day.