• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
Introducing the 16 Semifinalists for 2020 Miss Hong Kong Pageant

1624985760929.png

Yancy Wong (黃婉恩)
Height: 163 cm
Weight: 50.2 kg
Career: Assistant Account Manager
Education: Master’s degree

jw5

Loyal

1625062864090.png

Casa Yuen (源菲然)
Height: 167 cm
Weight: 52.3 kg
Career: New grad
Education: College

jw5

Loyal

1625146942978.png

Charmaine Fan (范倩雯)
Height: 169 cm
Weight: 49 kg
Career: Marketing Assistant

jw5

Loyal

1625228742378.png

Celina Harto (陳楨怡)
Height: 171 cm
Weight: 49.5 kg
Career: Interior Design Intern

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is also another good series, the lead actor Rucco was rumoured to be her real life bf at that time.
Ruco married someone else...so she is left on the shelf. I think she has high expectations...so she will either gold dig a super duper rich towkay..or just remain single and earn her own way.

jw5

Loyal
Ruco married someone else...so she is left on the shelf. I think she has high expectations...so she will either gold dig a super duper rich towkay..or just remain single and earn her own way.

She will be fine, she is a very good actress and will still be attractive to some rich old guy if she so desires.

jw5

Loyal
from msn.com:

Former Hong Kong actress Grace Chan on why raising a family and her Christian faith mean more than a career in television​

Having stepped back from show business when she became the mother of two boys, former Miss Hong Kong and TVB actress Grace Chan Hoi-lam misses acting and being on the set of a production.

a group of young children sitting next to a baby: Former Miss Hong Kong and TVB actress Grace Chan stepped back from showbusiness to look after her two sons Rafael (left) and Yannick (centre).
Former Miss Hong Kong and TVB actress Grace Chan stepped back from showbusiness to look after her two sons Rafael (left) and Yannick (centre).
"I miss being in a team environment where everyone works together to make an amazing product for the audience to view," Chan tells the Post.

"It was so much fun being able to play someone else, to be transported into a different world and era of time. That's what I genuinely miss."

Do you have questions about the biggest topics and trends from around the world? Get the answers with SCMP Knowledge, our new platform of curated content with explainers, FAQs, analyses and infographics brought to you by our award-winning team.

Her last acting work was in 2018 in the TVB drama Justice Bao: The First Year. Chan says motherhood has changed her priorities in life.

a little girl standing in front of a building: Chan's last acting work was in 2018 in the TVB drama Justice Bao: The First Year.
© Provided by South China Morning Post Chan's last acting work was in 2018 in the TVB drama Justice Bao: The First Year.

"I have to prioritise my children and family over work," she says. Chan recently launched her own beauty product brand, Snow Queen, and it gives her time to be with her sons. "I want to spend more time with them. That's also why I started Snow Queen last year so I can work from home. Seeing my boys grow up and being with them every step of the way makes everything incredibly worthwhile."

Chan, 30, who was crowned Miss Hong Kong in 2013 after graduating from a media course at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada, married actor Kevin Cheng Ka-wing, who is 21 years her senior, in 2018. Their two sons, Rafael and Yannick, were born in 2019 and 2020.

She says Cheng is the family breadwinner while she is in charge of household duties and taking care of the boys. "We like to play with the kids. We always bring them to parks, go to new places and try new restaurants," she adds.

Before her hiatus from show business, Chan starred in many series for Hong Kong broadcaster TVB, including Overachievers (2014), Raising the Bar (2015), Captain Of Destiny (2015), Blue Veins (2016) and Brother's Keeper II (2016).

She says making Blue Veins was the most enjoyable, as she met her future husband on set as well as several good friends. "We got to travel to Holland," she says. "We had so much fun."

Sisley Choi, Grace Chan, Moon Lau are posing for a picture: Chan (centre) wins the 2013 Miss Hong Kong Pageant. Photo: SCMP
© Provided by South China Morning Post Chan (centre) wins the 2013 Miss Hong Kong Pageant. Photo: SCMP
a person standing in front of a window: Chan now prioritises her children and family over acting.
© Provided by South China Morning Post Chan now prioritises her children and family over acting.

Chan made her big-screen debut in Keyboard Warriors (2018), based on a real event - the highway cash spill in 2015 when an armoured vehicle's rear doors opened on a road in Wan Chai, sending HK$15 million (US$1.9 million) in cash flying. Chan played a materialistic girl and says starring in a movie as opposed to a television drama was an interesting experience.

"People pay for a cinema ticket," she says. "They want precision and details. We had a lot of time to think about how to act in each scene, how we are going to create a character verbally, trying different tones of speech, whereas in a TV drama, we had to film a lot in a short duration."

The former actress has been portrayed as having a perfect life, having come from a well-to-do family, had an overseas education, won a beauty pageant, and married a successful man with whom she has two lovely kids. But Chan says she has had her share of ups and downs in life, with a bout of depression hitting her hard in university.

I have to think about how I can be a role model to my kids. I hope being a mother is something that I really value and enjoy every day of my life
Grace Chan

"I rarely talk about it, not because I try to avoid remembering the past, but because I would rather channel that past memory into something more positive," she says. "When I was younger, I gave myself a lot of pressure to be better. My parents didn't cause me any stress. It was just myself."

She credited parental support and her Christian faith with her recovery. "During low points in life, I open the Bible and let myself be touched ... by words that the Lord speaks to me."

Chan describes her decision to enter the Miss Hong Kong pageant as heaven-sent. "I had a calling to take a chance on the pageant, as it was something I always dreamed of as a little girl," she says. "My faith is what kept me going in showbiz. It gives me this power which nothing and nobody else can replace."

As for her parenting philosophy, Chan says she just wants her children to be happy and to be good people. "To raise kids is already hard enough. We don't want to pressure them into anything. Hopefully, we will be able to provide an environment that supports what they want to do as they grow up," she says.

Chan turned 30 last month, which she calls a milestone in her life, and she says motherhood has given her a new sense of responsibility.

"I have to think about how I can be a role model to my kids. I hope being a mother is something that I really value and enjoy every day of my life," she says.

jw5

Loyal
from yahoo.com:

Flora Chan is now teaching English?​

1625500298578.png

5 Jul – It was recently revealed that TVB actress Flora Chan is now an English teacher.

As reported on On CC, netizens recently discovered the "Never Dance Alone" actress' professional profile online, in which she listed herself as an English teacher with the Shenzhen Keyword Youth Education.

It also mentioned that she graduated with a communications major from Boston University and has experience as a host for TVB's English language channel.

Flora Chan's professional profile discovered online

Flora Chan's professional profile discovered online
At the same time, Flora was also revealed to be currently pursuing a PhD in English at Hong Kong University.

It is noted that Flora had to make her acting comeback in 2012 following her retirement due to her husband Mike Chung's bankruptcy. She later hosted an education-themed variety show called "After School" in collaboration with HK Open TV.

Fans who saw the profile couldn't help but sing praises for the actress, saying that Flora was able to bounce back in a different field despite her previous financial issue.

Flora previously hosted the education-themed show, "After School"

Flora previously hosted the education-themed show, "After School"

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Charmaine Sheh, 46, Wants Men To Not Shy Away From Dating Women Who Are Older & More Successful​

cs 1

• Lee Wei Lin
By Lee Wei Lin
05 Jul 2021 12:00
You go, girl.
1-min read
cs 1

Charmaine Sheh, 46, is now part of the panel of celebrity commentators on Chinese dating show Dating With The Parents, where contestants turn up with their, you guessed it, parents to find their future spouse in front of a live studio audience.
A recent episode got mired in wee bit of controversy after a male contestant changed his mind about a female contestant when he found out that she was older and more successful. Things had looked promising for them at the start of the ep up until the revelation.

Charmaine was far from impressed by the turn of events and took the opportunity to share her thoughts about insecure and ageist men. She said, “Men shouldn’t shy away from dating older women. There’s no need to have an inferiority complex about not being as established in their careers or not being as wealthy as their potential partners."

The actress continued, "Men need to realise that the doubts they have about these inconsequential issues aren't important in the long run. What they shy away from in the beginning could be the thing that they're looking for all along.”
  • 1/1
    cs 2

Telling it as it is
    Photos: PBE Media
    telegram-button-data.jpg

jw5

Loyal

Charmaine Sheh, 46, Wants Men To Not Shy Away From Dating Women Who Are Older & More Successful​

cs 1

• Lee Wei Lin
By Lee Wei Lin
05 Jul 2021 12:00
You go, girl.
1-min read
cs 1

Charmaine Sheh, 46, is now part of the panel of celebrity commentators on Chinese dating show Dating With The Parents, where contestants turn up with their, you guessed it, parents to find their future spouse in front of a live studio audience.
A recent episode got mired in wee bit of controversy after a male contestant changed his mind about a female contestant when he found out that she was older and more successful. Things had looked promising for them at the start of the ep up until the revelation.

Charmaine was far from impressed by the turn of events and took the opportunity to share her thoughts about insecure and ageist men. She said, “Men shouldn’t shy away from dating older women. There’s no need to have an inferiority complex about not being as established in their careers or not being as wealthy as their potential partners."

The actress continued, "Men need to realise that the doubts they have about these inconsequential issues aren't important in the long run. What they shy away from in the beginning could be the thing that they're looking for all along.”
  • 1/1
    cs 2

Telling it as it is
    Photos: PBE Media
    telegram-button-data.jpg

Where it comes to TVB actresses, there is no bigger superstar than Charmaine. She won a whole host of awards for her performance in this series.

1625672025985.png

jw5

Loyal

1625841594746.png

Michelle Hau (侯嘉欣)
Height: 170.5 cm
Weight: 51.9 kg
Career: New grad

jw5

Loyal