• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
Introducing the 16 Semifinalists for 2020 Miss Hong Kong Pageant

1626103344604.png

Rosita Kwok (郭柏妍)
Height: 167 cm
Weight: 46.6 kg
Career: Student

Education: Master’s degree

jw5

Loyal

1626189153748.png

Maisie Kwong (鄺美璇)
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 59 kg
Career: Investment Banking Sales Analyst
Education: College

jw5

Loyal

1626273885255.png

Ivy Lai (賴琪媛)
Height: 164.5 cm
Weight: 50.4 kg
Career: Marketing Manager
Education: Secondary school

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Nancy Wu Embraces Healthier Lifestyle​

1626277774442.png

Joe Ma’s (馬德鐘) wife, Karen Cheung (張筱蘭), recently published a new book about healthy living. The book also focuses on the benefits of vegetarianism and eating more fruits and vegetables. Many of Joe’s friends in the entertainment industry attended the book launch to show their support, including Joel Chan, Ngo Ka Nin (敖嘉年), and Nancy Wu (胡定欣).

Although Nancy is not a vegetarian, she expressed that during the two-hour event, she learned a lot about the benefits of vegetarianism. Nancy shared, “I am almost 40 years old. When I was younger, I did not know much about healthy living. I ate whatever I wanted to eat. However, I focus a lot more on health now. I also want to use my status as a celebrity and entertainer to share about the importance of health to the younger generation.”

When asked whether she has any bad eating habits, Nancy admitted to enjoy snacking often. “Fried foods will affect my skin, so I don’t eat them. I especially avoid them when I am working. However, I really enjoy eating snacks. Every time I go to the supermarket, I have to make an effort to avoid the snack aisle. I also enjoy social drinking with friends, but will always remind myself not to go overboard. Usually, I will only drink a bit when I am eating out with friends and socializing.”

Expanding in different areas of interest, Nancy recently also visited one of Moses Chan’s (陳豪) coffee shops to learn how to brew coffee. “After visiting China to film Big White Duel 2 <白色強人II>, I had to quarantine for two weeks. I didn’t have anything else to do, so I went online to learn how to brew coffee. While filming Big White Duel 2, I had to chance to chat with Moses about coffee. When I came back, I wanted to learn more about coffee from him.”

On whether she will make time for dating, Nancy said, “I have to worry about my health first before anything else.” When further probed about whether she will consider freezing her eggs, Nancy responded, “This is something complete different. I don’t have any plans for that yet.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Rosita Kwok Snags Role in “Big White Duel 2”​

1626361039527.png

Praised for her demure sweet looks during Miss Hong Kong 2020, Rosita Kwok (郭柏妍) emerged only as second runner-up but she has already snagged a dramatic role ahead of winner Lisa Tse (謝嘉怡) and runner-up Celina Harto (陳楨怡).

Lisa is still struggling to gain fluency in Cantonese, while Celina recently auditioned for upcoming youth-themed Shameless Youth <青春不要臉>, though her involvement remains unconfirmed. Conversely, Rosita seems highly favored by management as she already has a part confirmed in Big White Duel 2 <白色強人Ⅱ>, playing Moses Chan‘s (陳豪) romantic interest.

Rosita will take on the challenging role of a panic disorder patient in the drama, with Moses as her doctor. Praising Rosita as being hardworking and obedient, producer Marco Law(羅永賢) was rather satisfied with her scenes and felt that the 23-year-old has great potential, though new to acting. Expressing her excitement, Rosita said, “Actually I felt it was very difficult to grasp the role of a panic disorder patient. I had gone online to do research and to understand the traits and symptoms patients with panic disorder would display. The producer and director had also offered their help.”

Asked about her experience working alongside Moses, Rosita was overjoyed as she learned a lot from the experienced actor. “He shared his filming experience and told me to take note of my pace when speaking my lines, to be natural and not to rush into delivering my lines in order to wrap up the job.”
A self-professed fan of the popular series, Rosita is honored to be involved and hopes that her performance will not disappoint. “I have room for improvement and still think I could have done better after completing filming, such as in the emotional scenes. I hope to have more chances in the future.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Yoyo Chen Films Bust Enhancement Ad for “Very Satisfactory” Sum​

1626441091042.png

Riding high on popularity recently due to her success on TVB’s new variety shows, Yoyo Chen (陳自瑤) is having a breakout year. She has reportedly renewed her bust enhancement endorsement for a “very satisfactory”seven-figure sum.

Happy to have continuous jobs despite the pandemic, the hot mother of one headed to a beach in Sai Kung to shoot stills and a TV commercial as part of the endorsement, showing off her bustline and healthy physique in a simple black bra top and denim shorts.

Laughing that she got all tanned from the long hours of posing outdoors, the chirpy actress was praised by the client for her professionalism. Despite starting work early at 6 a.m., Yoyo took the day’s work as a travel experience of enjoying the vibrant sun and gorgeous beach, while getting paid for having fun. Luckily, filming progressed smoothly with minimal disruption as the number of beach goers remained low.

Appreciative of her job offers, Yoyo will not jack up her performance fees despite her recent popularity. Touched by Liza Wang’s (汪明荃) recommendation that Yoyo should be cast in leading roles, Yoyo has rung up the veteran actress and hopes to treat her to a meal.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Yoyo Chen Promoted to Leading Lady​

1626448789363.png

In the industry for 20 years, 39-year-old Yoyo Chen‘s (陳自瑤) career achievements pale especially in comparison to her husband Vincent Wong’s (王浩信) acting accolades. With their daughter now 9 years old, Yoyo is finding more time again to dedicate to her career and has more opportunities in recent years. The timing now seems just right, and Yoyo’s breakthrough moment may be happening soon.

Receiving praise for her acting in Life After Death <那些我愛過的人>, Yoyo was the winner of voice talent show Dub of War <好聲好戲>. After her success, Yoyo participated in new variety show Top Sales <識貨>. Later this month, she will be filming two dramas with one leading role. Foreseeing that she will be very busy working this year, Yoyo has already asked for her family’s help in taking care of her daughter.

One of the dramas will be a collaboration with China, and is an important project led by Eric Tsang (曾志偉). Previously the drama was being handled by executive Felix To (杜之克), but his recent resignation has caused many changes including a loss in funding. Originally, the female lead was to be given to a non-TVB actress, but now it has been changed to Yoyo. She will play the role of a female police officer who goes undercover to investigate a beauty pageant. The drama will also star Crystal Fung (馮盈盈) and Jessica Kan (簡淑兒).

Yoyo will also be joining the cast of police drama Invisible Team <隱形戰隊>, which stars Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Ben Wong (黃智賢), and Jonathan Cheung (張頴康). Natalie Tong (唐詩詠) and Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) are also confirmed for the drama.

jw5

Loyal
from yahoo.com:

Eunice Chan to tie the knot soon​

1626534246486.png

Hong Kong singer Eunice Chan surprised many recently by announcing that she is tying the knot with non-showbiz boyfriend, Joshua.

The TVB artiste shared the good news on Instagram on 13 July with several photos from her pre-wedding shoot, writing, "Today we can finally share this joy and reveal that we are getting married!"

Eunice revealed that Joshua popped the question in November last year, and added, "Thank you for being so fond of me, thank you for your kindness and gentleness, thank you for choosing me to be your other half. Let's go hand in hand to share this growing experience for the rest of our lives. I love you, Joshua."

1626534289361.png

Joshua also posted a similar announcement on his social media account, writing, "To find someone who treats each other sincerely, in addition to great luck, it also takes a lot of courage to be honest with yourself first, and then take the first sincere step toward each other without reservation. I was lucky to meet you who also understand this truth. Along the way, everyone has witnessed the common growth, which has made both of us strong, but without losing the commendable sincerity."

"Simplicity and directness are what I lack most and what I yearn for. Thank you for your straightforwardness. It has made my world simple and brought us closer. The road ahead is still long, so please advise me a lot. Thank you and I promise to always love you."

The couple is set to tie the knot at the end of the year, though nothing is set in stone yet due to the pandemic.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Nearing 40, Nancy Wu is Afraid She Would End Up Alone​

1626620860735.png

Nancy Wu’s (胡定欣) career has blossomed in recent years, and she has been busy filming Shaw Brothers’ web drama ICAC Attack <廉政狙擊>. However, turning 40 this September, the actress has been unable to sustain a long-term love relationship, and secretly fears she might “never find a lifelong partner.”

“Not Easy to Find Mr. Right”

In a recent episode of talk show Twinkle Twinkle Single Star <單對單>, Nancy shared more about her romantic views and personal life with host Luisa Maria Leitão (黎芷珊).

Ever since she won Best Actress for her role in drama A Fist Within Four Walls <城寨英>, Nancy has been taking on a string of successful, power woman-type roles. However, the actress admits that as long as she meets someone she likes, she would reveal a softer side of herself which is usually hidden.

1626620906188.png

Formerly dating singer Deep Ng (吳浩康), Kenneth Ma (馬國明), and musician Terry Chan (陳明道), Nancy revealed that none of her relationships have lasted past the two-year mark. “Dating is a luxury to me. It’s not something normal, and seems [far from grasp] from me,” she said.

“I’ve also been despondent, and when I had a bit to drink, I’d tell my friends that I feel like I might grow old alone, and feel sad for myself,” Nancy admitted.

While she used to look forward to motherhood, the single actress has since left these thoughts on the back burner. She has dedicated herself to work and found new passions in fitness. Working out regularly at the gym, she is also a member of celebrity running club Crazyrunner.

As Nancy has gone six years without dating, her friends are concerned that she might get too used to the rhythms of being single. The actress’s mother would also drop hints during everyday conversations to probe if she is currently dating anyone.

Despite experiencing disappointment and heartbreak, Nancy still believes “there is that special someone, maybe our paths haven’t crossed yet” and looks forward to dating.

1626620960892.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Miss Hong Kong 2021: Contestants Start 10-Day Training Camp​

1626624511027.png

With the Miss Hong Kong 2021 pageant currently underway, a shortlist of 28 contestants have entered a 10-day training camp at a new hotel in Sai Kung. The activities of the training camp will be recorded and broadcast on August 9, with the results of the first elimination round to be revealed then.

During the training, smaller breakout sessions will be run by prior pageant winners Anne Heung (向海嵐), Mandy Cho (曹敏莉), Rebecca Zhu (朱晨麗), Regina Ho (何依婷) and Sammi Cheung (張秀文幾), who will share their advice. The contestants will be judged based on their attitude and overall performance, with six to seven contestants likely to be eliminated in its first round.

1626624552719.png

Although TVB only arranged a brief press meet earlier, many personal details of the candidates have already been leaked. Many of this year’s candidates are highly educated and older in age.

With nine contestants over the age of 26 and 27, several contestants hold master degrees from well-known universities, including actor Eddie Kwan’s (關禮傑) daughter Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨), Vivienna Lai (賴彥妤), Nina Liang (梁凱晴), Fiona Dai (戴佳敏), and Cathy Wong (王嘉慧). Although Joan Ma (馬祖雁) is a Cambridge MBA graduate, she does not know former winner Louisa Mak (麥明詩) personally, but definitely sees her as a role model due to her outstanding achievements.

1626624578669.png

From left to right: Fabienne, Vivienna, Nina, Fiona, Cathy, Joan

Aside from their education, some of these candidates became instant media favorites due to their good looks. Fabienne, Nina, Fiona, Yvette Chan (陳聖瑜), and Anna Wang (王嫿嫿) have received much buzz since their photos were released.
Fabienne shared about her decision to enter the pageant and why she quit her full-time job. “The reason why I’m only participating now is because I finally feel mature enough to do so.” As she is already 26 years old, Fabienne realizes this is also her “last chance.” With all eyes on her since she is Eddie’s daughter, did she feel a lot of pressure? “No – I’m only being myself. My dad just told me to train and work hard. I have to ensure that I’m keeping myself fit and that I’m in my best shape.”
Nina, who also resigned from her marketing job to participate, said it was not an easy choice but it was the only way for her to compete. Hoping to lose some weight before the finals, Nina will work hard to shed the extra pounds.

While Fiona and Anna are both popular candidates, their Cantonese is not as fluent as the others. Already enlisting help from tutors, Fiona and Anna are looking to strengthen their Cantonese speaking abilities before the final competition.
Although the media has focused on the more popular candidates, two particular contestants – Nicole Mak (馬嘉希) and veterinarian Katerina Leung (梁菁琳) are said to have slim chances due to their looks and figures. However, both are determined to try their best.
The contestants will be undergoing rigorous training, with the finals for Miss Hong Kong 2021 to be held on Sunday, September 5.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Miss Hong Kong 2021 Candidates Meet the Press​

1626795918456.png

Above: Fabienne, Carina, and Fiona were among the contestants who caught the press’ eye.

TVB held callbacks for the second stage of their interview process for Miss Hong Kong 2021. The applicants officially met with the press for the first time, and the event was live streamed. This year’s pageant will take a reality show format, so viewers can be more involved and vote for their favorite contestants.

Press interest in actor Eddie Kwan’s (關禮傑) elder daughter, 26-year-old Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨), remains the highest. She was nominated by her father’s good friend Eddie Cheung (張兆輝) to enter the pageant. When asked if she felt confident, Fabienne replied that she has a neutral mindset. Her father has not given any advice, but is encouraging her throughout the process. Appearing to be shy, Fabienne tried to quickly leave after the interview.

1626795964531.png

Victoria, Chloe, and Elsa

Another contestant who is the daughter of a celebrity is 24-year-old Victoria, who was accompanied by her mother, actress Betty Mak (麥翠嫻). Speaking with reporters, Betty revealed that Victoria works in the financial industry and cited the reason for joining the pageant, “I want her to see more of the world, and hope she can increase her self confidence. I’m here today for moral support!” Gathering the courage to join the pageant, Victoria is open to learning more but admits to feeling some pressure as a celebrity second generation.

Another contestant that caught the eye of the press is Chloe Leung (梁允瑜), a freelance model. With many swimsuit modelling photos on her social media accounts, Chloe is confident about her height and physique as she frequently exercises. The 23-year-old has already attracted many male fans.

Arriving in an eye-catching, one-shoulder red dress, Elsa has been surrounded by rumors since joining the pageant. Refuting rumors that she dated rich men during university, she stated she has not been dating for two years. When reporters continued to ask if she only liked to meet rich men, she immediately lost her smile and quickly walked away.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Grace Chan Shares Healthy Eating Habits​

1626964686755.png

Although Grace Chan (陳凱琳) recently filmed a commercial for a fast food chain, she actually maintains a very healthy lifestyle and is able to drop her pregnancy weight quickly.

Working with a child star named Sean in the commercial, Grace shared that she was able to quickly get into character, because she also has two sons and she feels like she is seeing their future through Sean. She also praised Sean for being very obedient.

“My son is starting to be a picky eater and will sometimes pick the vegetables out of his meals. My husband is also a big meat eater, so I was forced to lay down the law! On some days, I’ll ban meat and educate them on the importance of a balanced diet,” the mom of two said.

When Grace was asked how she was able to lose all her baby weight so quickly and maintain such a trim figure, she stated that she did not force herself to lose weight, but rather focused on having a healthy mindset. She would exercise regularly after giving birth, but found it most important to maintain healthy eating practices and would sometimes eat vegetarian meals and avoid too much meat.

“In recent years there has been a trend of cutting down on carbs to keep fit, but we can actually still eat carbs. We just need to pick healthier carbs like red rice. Low glycemic index carbs also don’t cause you to gain weight easily–the most important thing is to make sure you are still getting the needed nutrients.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eliza Sam Annoyed by Her Unreasonable Mom Role in “Plan B”​

1626970364106.png

Life with young children can be chaotic, as Eliza Sam (岑麗香) draws parallels between her own family and her onscreen role in Plan B <寶寶大過天>.

In the TVB family drama, Eliza frets over every tiny detail about her 2-year-old daughter’s upbringing, and always bursts out in anger and frustration. Perplexed by her unreasonable behavior, Eliza admits, “My character goes crazy all the time – I can’t stand her. When I was reading the script, I was having second thoughts about her crazy reactions–why does she need to scream and yell all the time?”

As Eliza’s son Jacob had not turned 2 years old at the time yet, she could not relate to the tension the Terrible Twos can bring. “I was wondering if [the script] is realistic, because I had never fought with my son. I had to ask my friends to see if it was really like this.”

As her son grew older, Eliza can personally attest to the havoc in her own family, and reveals that Jacob would be disobedient and reluctant to shower. “I’m going through the exact same thing at home now. It’s a good thing though – I can use what I learned in the drama to handle the situations in real life.”

Despite the struggles, her two sons bring Eliza a lot of happiness, and she often posts photos of them on Instagram. When asked if she is planning for a third child, the actress laughed and said, “I did want a daughter, but I realized that with a house full of boys, no one will fight me for my husband!”

1626970423845.png

Besides being an overly anxious mother, Eliza’s character in Plan B is frequently getting into arguments with her husband Kenneth Ma (馬國明). Because of his lax personality and lack of regard for splitting household work and taking responsibility of their daughter, she often lashes out in anger.

Unlike the drama, fortunately Eliza receives more support from her own husband Joshua Ngo, who told her to focus on acting. “He promised he would get off work on time to give our son a shower, feed him, and put him to bed. I’m really grateful.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Kelly Fu Tries to Overcome Fear of Ghosts While Filming “The Haunted House Cleaners”​

1627053984749.png

Starring in a new horror drama produced by Tony Hung (洪永城) and C-Kwan (C君), Kelly Fu (傅嘉莉) shared amusing stories behind the scenes of The Haunted House Cleaners <凶宅清潔師>. Since C-Kwan and Kelly both fear ghosts, they did have their share of nervous moments on the set.

As the drama is Tony and C-Kwan’s production debut, Kelly feels honored to be chosen as the leading actress. In the drama, Kelly stars as an influencer who in her quest for fame turns detective, and would explore haunted places along with exorcists.

Precautions Taken by Crew

Although she usually avoids horror genres due to her sensitive physique and would easily feel uncomfortable, Kelly especially prepared for The Haunted House Cleaners by forcing herself to watch horror films in the company of a drama teacher.

Kelly reveals that C-Kwan is even more timid than herself, as he only dares to sleep in hotels with the lights on. As a precaution, Tony has also especially arranged for a geomancer to pass a talisman to the cast, and they would light incense sticks before each day of filming. “They really have it tough–C-Kwan said it would be his last time, and he would not write any more scripts in future” as he has been staying up late every night to make revisions to the script.

“There are some frightening scenes, and the makeup is very scary too. Hope the audience can accept it, and that it can be aired on TVB Jade,” Kelly said.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Roxanne Tong Doesn’t Need to Get Married: “I’m Not a Traditional Woman”​

1627140705203.png

In a steady relationship with Kenneth Ma (馬國明) for one year, Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯) is often asked when they plan to get married. The 34-year-old actress debunks rumors that the couple is planning a secret wedding this August. Although many of her close friends are already happily married, Roxanne states that she does not necessarily need to get married or have children in a relationship.

In an earlier episode of talk show Master’s Talk <師父有請>, Roxanne appeared with close friends Tracy Chu (朱千雪), Jennifer Shum (岑杏賢), and Angel Chiang (蔣家旻). The topic of the episode was “marrying well,” and the friends chatted about their significant partners.

In the eyes of many people, Tracy and Jennifer have married well. Tracy’s husband works as a doctor and Jennifer’s husband works in the financial industry. Jennifer admitted that she is “very shallow” and was initially not attracted to her husband at all, “His physical appearance was just not my type of tea.” After getting to know him better, Jennifer admitted, “He had a lot of great qualities than I had imagined.”

When Tracy was asked if she found her husband handsome, she paused for three seconds before answering which caused everyone to burst out laughing. She exclaimed that everything is fine as long as she finds him handsome. “I’ve known my husband since I was young, so I feel very safe. I also don’t have to waste a lot of time in getting to know him, and I feel very comfortable talking to him. We have been in a long distance relationship for many years, and have a lot of trust for each another,” Tracy revealed.

During her eight years in the entertainment industry, Tracy disclosed that she was never romantically pursued. Roxanne teased that she knew the reason why–if someone asked for Tracy’s telephone number, she would just tell them to send her an email. Tracy did not feel the need to exchange telephone numbers with a male co-star, because if he needed anything, he could just speak with the production assistant. As she does not like meeting many different people, Tracy prefers to just stay with a group of friends who makes her feel comfortable.

Tracy is very rational and would never mix up real life and emotions in dramas. She would even avoid unnecessary sexy and kissing scenes after dating her boyfriend. “There was a scene where I was supposed to fall from the rooftop. The male lead had to hold onto me, and in the process would rip my shirt and expose my shoulder in a sexy manner. It’s not that I don’t want to be sexy, but I’m not skinny so there’s no point! I’m afraid that netizens would screen cap and say that my arms are fat.” She ended up sewing her tank top to the outer shirt, so that only a little bit of shoulder would be exposed.

Registered as a barrister specializing in civil and criminal litigation, Tracy is currently working at a law firm, but she still wants to work as an entertainer and achieve a balance between her personal life and career. She added that she is very afraid of giving birth because she is afraid of gaining weight.

1627140796117.png

Seeing her close friends achieve personal milestones such as getting married and having children did not change Roxanne’s mind. “Each person’s path is different; the most important thing is that it’s suitable for yourself and makes you happy. If I feel it’s the right time, then I’ll do it. I’m not the type of person to plan everything, as there’s a lot of pressure.”

Roxanne’s parents are opposites and a perfect match. The actress likes to date men who are like her father, because he is very obedient and loves his family. On how she gets along with boyfriend Kenneth Ma, Roxanne said, “I like to talk, and Kenneth Ma is a man of few words. His usual phrases are, ‘Whatever you like’, ‘That’s pretty good’, ‘I’m indifferent’, and ‘I’m so annoyed.’”

Ever since making their relationship public last May, the pair has been bombarded with questions about their marriage plans. Although she does not feel a lot of pressure, she is tired of all the questions.

An easygoing person, Roxanne believes in the natural dynamics of a relationship and is flexible about marriage. Admitting that she and Kenneth have discussed the issue, she said, “We have a mutual understanding of a normal couple, but we didn’t discuss it exactly because we really don’t have the intention to get married yet. I want to focus on work first, so the rumors about our wedding in August are impossible.”

Asked if she would have a flash marriage without warning, Roxanne replied, “It’s possible, but maybe I might not get married either. I’m not a traditional woman, and I don’t need to necessarily get married. When I was younger, I thought about having children, but now I don’t want to plan everything as they may not happen that way anyway. So it’s better to just go with the flow.”

As to whether Kenneth feels a rush to get married, Roxanne said, “No, he’s very chill, even more than me.” Roxanne added that her parents are also very understanding, and has not given her any pressure to get married or that she must have children.

jw5

Loyal
from 8days.sg:

Here’s What These TVB Actresses Look Like Without Make-Up​

1627225449772.png

Crystal Fung
Crystal, who was crowned Miss Hongkong in 2016, previously revealed her bare face in a YouTube live stream. The 26-year-old was most recently in the news for crashing her S$103K Tesla into a Bentley… and then settling with the driver, who was a fan, by taking a selfie with him.

jw5

Loyal
from 8days.sg:

Here’s What These TVB Actresses Look Like Without Make-Up​

1627311146593.png

Louisa Mak
Louisa, who was crowned Miss Hongkong just a year before Crystal, stepped back from showbiz in 2019 to pursue a career in law. Since then, the 29-year-old has been posting more and more makeup-free photos like this. A far cry from her days in the spotlight, where she favoured more sultry and makeup-heavy getups.