• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer watching Real Madrid to Barcelona and Norwich to Swansea.
What u referred to as possession fundamentalist (?) doesn't make football better imo.
No cutting edge, pass backwards, sideways, slighty forward, pass back, sian.......................
effective football win the game not just passing around.
so what you have made the most passes? claps?
hahaha:biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think England might concede tonight. Devic will give the English defence a few headaches with his movement. :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer watching Real Madrid to Barcelona and Norwich to Swansea.
What u referred to as possession fundamentalist (?) doesn't make football better imo.
No cutting edge, pass backwards, sideways, slighty forward, pass back, sian.......................

Yeah, possession fundamentalism i.e. treating possession as a religion, die die must have the ball. Statistically speaking, most goals are scored in movements of less than 5 passes. Which makes one wonder why everyone is lavishing praises on Brendan Rodgers when Paul Lambert's Norwich finished with the same number of pts as Swansea. :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
effective football win the game not just passing around.
so what you have made the most passes? claps?
hahaha:biggrin:

They probably think that if the other team doesn't have the ball, they can't score.
Supposed to be pretty football but actually is damn kiasu/kiasi mentality.
Give me a long probing pass to the striker over short little pass sideways anyday.

Btw Elmander deserves to be dropped, he had a terrible game against England.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I was referring to as being absurd originally was forummer freedalas' description of how Thomas Muller tried to miss but scored and pretending to celebrate after he scored in the champions league final. Post #779 is you are interested.
Then, I also described his comment that the "heaven's dictate that england will win euro 2012" as being absurd.
Note that I have never said that match fixing discussions or the fact that england might actually win euro 2012 are absurd.

I did not watch the game on CL Final. My understandings for #779 and #781 together with #964, #967 and #1080 of the threads are;
Your perception of the mentioned striker was not how the other member has described.
From his perspectives, he viewed it as a reaction from an unintentional goal cos the match is fixed, to you not, as you view it not possible at this level of competition. The whole match fixing talk for this level was absurd to you.

jw5

Loyal
I did not watch the game on CL Final. My understandings for #779 and #781 together with #964, #967 and #1080 of the threads are;
Your perception of the mentioned striker was not how the other member has described.
From his perspectives, he viewed it as a reaction from an unintentional goal cos the match is fixed, to you not, as you view it not possible at this level of competition. The whole match fixing talk for this level was absurd to you.

The main reason I view it as not possible is not so much because of the level of competition.
The main reason is if he was trying to fix the match, he needn't even bother to get into that position to score the goal.
No one would have been the wiser if he had just run a little slower.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ukraine 1 England 3 :biggrin:

rooney_1531123a.jpg

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
See what I mean? :biggrin:

So what exactly do u mean, Cruxx? I'd already apologise to u that if u feel offended by my posts and all I was doing was to add some spice to the discussions here. I don't anyone here has the absolute right to dictate how the discussions ought to be or how everyone must agree with your analysis, and that only your analysis carries weight and that u have to be right all the time. You predicted a 2-2 draw for Spain and Croatia and the results is flying right in your face. Instead of being embarraseed, u continue to come here and speak as if u have predicted all football outcomes correctly from day one, coming up with bombastic terms to impress when what u are saying any schoolboy can do so in much simplier words. You talk as if you had coached all the sides in this competition and that all forummers must simply accept what u say as the absolute truth. I am not the least intimidated by your tantrums just because others do not agree with your over-the-top and unnecessarily ardous analysis. And one more thing, stop trying to be the soccer expert u are not!

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not only boring. It's inefficient too. Like I've said before, it's akin to Usain Bolt running blindfolded. Sure, he'll most probably outrun most of us. And the herds would hail blindfolded running as the best way to win races. But imagine how much faster he would be had he not blindfolded himself.

That's the most ridiculous analogy I have ever heard. What nonsense! Absolutely no connection between the two.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the most ridiculous analogy I have ever heard. What nonsense! Absolutely no connection between the two.

You think there's no similarity between blindfolding oneself in a race and slowing down an attack to allow opposing defenders to organise themselves? :rolleyes:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think England might concede tonight. Devic will give the English defence a few headaches with his movement. :biggrin:

What sort of analysis is that? Absolute no-brainers. Even the ah peks at the coffeeshop who can't speak English can come up with better insights than these motherhood statements of yours.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think there's no similarity between blindfolding oneself in a race and slowing down an attack to allow opposing defenders to organise themselves? :rolleyes:

Absolute no! Not at all! And so are u going to throw further tantrums just because I don't agree with u?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main reason I view it as not possible is not so much because of the level of competition.
The main reason is if he was trying to fix the match, he needn't even bother to get into that position to score the goal.
No one would have been the wiser if he had just run a little slower.

In the field anything can happen. People like to see what they want to see. Works both way for you and him. He can have his perception, likewise to you.
I love and respect this game too, match fixing aside.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What sort of analysis is that? Absolute no-brainers. Even the ah peks at the coffeeshop who can't speak English can come up with better insights than these motherhood statements of yours.

If you don't respect other's analysis, you expect others to do so to you?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you don't respect other's analysis, you expect others to do so to you?

Haha. He and Jar Mustafa are on my ignore list now. I've a phobia of schizophrenics. This freedalas will be nice and cordial before kickoff. After match ends, with the benefit of hindsight, he will become all smug, telling you how right he was and how wrong you were. :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mind having a debate, no matter how heated, with fellow sbfers like I Hate Pappies and Narong Wongwan. It's the irrational and spiteful ones like Jar Mustafa and freedalas that I refuse to entertain :biggrin: