• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I gotta the feeling Ukraine will kick England out of the tournament later tonite..

Any Bros here share that same feeling as me? :biggrin:

If we go by logical analysis as adopted by Cruxx, then Ukraine will win as it plays better football than England anytime. However, last nite results just showed how wrong Cruxx is with his logical analysis. If all games can be predicted by logical analysis as Cruxx said, then there won't be any bettings. But in reality, many factors affect the outcome of each game. One such factor is what the Heavens pre-destines. This year, the stars have chosen England to win the tournament.

Btw, if England loses and get kicked out of the tournament, I will be the first to celebrate as I'd always regarded them as just an average team that don't even deserve to be in this year's tournament to start with.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we go by logical analysis as adopted by Cruxx, then Ukraine will win as it plays better football than England anytime. However, last nite results just showed how wrong Cruxx is with his logical analysis. If all games can be predicted by logical analysis as Cruxx said, then there won't be any bettings. But in reality, many factors affect the outcome of each game. One such factor is what the Heavens pre-destines. This year, the stars have chosen England to win the tournament.

Btw, if England loses and get kicked out of the tournament, I will be the first to celebrate as I'd always regarded them as just an average team that don't even deserve to be in this year's tournament to start with.

Goin to be a difficult 90 mins for England.. Ukraine will be boosted by their home crowd urging them on.. They'll not want to disapoint their fans.. Poland the other host country is already out.. I'm sure Ukraine will not want to replicate the Polish as the 2nd host country to be knocked out of this tournament..

My prediction. Ukraine 2- 1 England..

jw5

Loyal
But in reality, many factors affect the outcome of each game. One such factor is what the Heavens pre-destines. This year, the stars have chosen England to win the tournament.

The first statement above is absolutely correct and logical.
The second and third statements are not. In fact, they are a _ _ _ _ _. :biggrin:

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think Ukraine will score a goal. reason why i picked Shevchenko as the scorer is purely because i only knew 1 player ( Shevchenko ) from the entire Ukraine squad. :biggrin:

I am more concern that the Bayern Munich player play. Ashley Young to partner Roonalty hahahaha.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hodgson has already confirmed Rooney will start, probably in place of Carroll.
Walcott also likely to start in place of Milner on the right.
I think Rooney will play well, he is not the hot headed punk he was a few years ago.

Rooney has not scored at a major tournament since euro 2004 in Portugal. He and England will choke under the burden of expectation.

jw5

Loyal
Rooney has not scored at a major tournament since euro 2004 in Portugal. He and England will choke under the burden of expectation.

That's true, we'll see what happens............ :wink:
The good thing is that he himself knows he hasn't scored since euro 2004.
He's raring to go and more importantly, the heavens say so. :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first statement above is absolutely correct and logical.
The second and third statements are not. In fact, they are a _ _ _ _ _. :biggrin:

That joker is a typical balless sinkie. Kept saying he's here for friendly discussions but he just wouldn't let go without making a few sniping remarks here and there. Wanna fight but fear bloodshed. Just look at the caveats in all his predictions. He can never be wrong cuz he's got his arse covered for all eventualities. He thinks his warped understanding of logical analysis gives him a right to misrepresent my position. He thinks Ukraine is a better footballing team than England. Therefore, my logical analysis must somehow be congruent with his so called "logic". If Ukraine doesn't win, all logical analysis will be rendered useless. We must accept the axioms of his as universal and unequivocal without him having to prove why Ukraine plays the better football than England or how "the stars have chosen England to win the tournament". No evidence, no logic. All we have is the circular fallacy that what he said is right because what he said is right. He thinks my wrong predictions undermine my case, as though perfection exists in this world. If the meteorologists didn't predict rain for a particular day, that's because, according to freedalas, logic and empiricism are unreliable and that meteorologists are useless. Just because my predictions aren't perfect doesn't mean logic is worthless. If he sees a weak person failing to chop down a tree with an axe, he would probably conclude that axes can't be used to chop down trees. I admit it, I'm that weak person with the axe. But the problem isn't the logical method that I rely on but my failure to use it to my advantage. Having said that, I challenge him to find me a single person here who predicted Spain 4-0 Ireland as I did. Find me someone here who predicted that the peacock would score and that the Dutch would be defeated outright by the Portuguese when no one here dares to commit to a 3rd defeat for Holland. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gonna see the line up later.:biggrin:

France vs Sweden, stats showing mostly ended in draw?
England vs Ukraine, stats showing England has more wins than Ukraine?
:confused:

jw5

Loyal
Find me someone here who predicted that the peacock would score and that the Dutch would be defeated outright by the Portuguese when no one here dares to commit to a 3rd defeat for Holland. :rolleyes:

Aiyah, don't be so serious lah, football is supposed to be fun.
Can post more about players and tactics and less about match fixing, conspiracy theories and superstition.
You can even use my favourite phrase if you want.
Everyone is entitled to have an opinion in a public forum, it's what keeps the forum going.
Wouldn't be interesting if everyone agreed with everyone on everything.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
gonna see the line up later.:biggrin:

France vs Sweden, stats showing mostly ended in draw?
England vs Ukraine, stats showing England has more wins than Ukraine?
:confused:

Alternatively, you can try asking the Ukraine coach :biggrin:

"We have problems related to both the central defenders and full-backs. Figuratively speaking, our defenders do not even tackle properly." - Oleg Blokhin

It's not mind games btw. He's right. Ukraine defence really cmi. :biggrin:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
That joker is a typical balless sinkie. Kept saying he's here for friendly discussions but he just wouldn't let go without making a few sniping remarks here and there. Wanna fight but fear bloodshed. Just look at the caveats in all his predictions. He can never be wrong cuz he's got his arse covered for all eventualities. He thinks his warped understanding of logical analysis gives him a right to misrepresent my position. He thinks Ukraine is a better footballing team than England. Therefore, my logical analysis must somehow be congruent with his so called "logic". If Ukraine doesn't win, all logical analysis will be rendered useless. We must accept the axioms of his as universal and unequivocal without him having to prove why Ukraine plays the better football than England or how "the stars have chosen England to win the tournament". No evidence, no logic. All we have is the circular fallacy that what he said is right because what he said is right. He thinks my wrong predictions undermine my case, as though perfection exists in this world. If the meteorologists didn't predict rain for a particular day, that's because, according to freedalas, logic and empiricism are unreliable and that meteorologists are useless. Just because my predictions aren't perfect doesn't mean logic is worthless. If he sees a weak person failing to chop down a tree with an axe, he would probably conclude that axes can't be used to chop down trees. I admit it, I'm that weak person with the axe. But the problem isn't the logical method that I rely on but my failure to use it to my advantage. Having said that, I challenge him to find me a single person here who predicted Spain 4-0 Ireland as I did. Find me someone here who predicted that the peacock would score and that the Dutch would be defeated outright by the Portuguese when no one here dares to commit to a 3rd defeat for Holland. :rolleyes:

Aiyo, bro Cruxx, don't take things so seriously as jw5 said. This is just football that we are talking about and I'm just adding something out of whack to make the discussions here more vibrant instead of the run-of-the-mill predictions. My apologies if u had been offended, but really, chill man, loosen up abit, this is about a game and not the PAP vs anti-PAP debate. Enjoy the matches later and may your predictions come true.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo, bro Cruxx, don't take things so seriously as jw5 said. This is just football that we are talking about and I'm just adding something out of whack to make the discussions here more vibrant instead of the run-of-the-mill predictions. My apologies if u had been offended, but really, chill man, loosen up abit, this is about a game and not the PAP vs anti-PAP debate. Enjoy the matches later and may your predictions come true.

See what I mean? :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For all he has said so far, he did not give names to you although he did not agree to the way of your analysis. Maybe his criticism on your analysis is not appropriate, unless he is able to produce a 80%-100% winning picks. Boss, you made alot of predictions on actual score. Yes, i saw your 4-0 prediction on Spain. I congratulated you on this selection. I thought you selected 4-0 because UP5 was a more convenient picks for most punters in this game. I m not really into selection of scorers and actual score. I m more into AH and TG. I took Portugal too on that match.

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah, don't be so serious lah, football is supposed to be fun.
Can post more about players and tactics and less about match fixing, conspiracy theories and superstition.
You can even use my favourite phrase if you want.
Everyone is entitled to have an opinion in a public forum, it's what keeps the forum going.
Wouldn't be interesting if everyone agreed with everyone on everything.

Why? This thread's title is "Euro Cup 2012 Discussions on Players and Tactics Only"?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did I say that discussions on match fixing are absurd?
Go and read the posts again if you are interested in getting your facts correct.

Did i say you said absurd? I think most readers of this thread understand where you are coming from. Twist and turn some more, let me see.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ukraine will be attacking predominantly down the right flank using Yarmolenko. Ashley Cole is key to a clean sheet for England. :biggrin: