• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another one. Crowding the midfield. :biggrin:

192886_thumb.jpg

Italy have no chance of winning Euro 2012 unless they revert to 3-5-2, move De Rossi & recall Nocerino
The Azzurri have progressed to the quarter-finals but coach Cesare Prandelli has some serious tactical and personnel issues to address if they are to go any further

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's only 3-5-2 on paper. No team in world football, except Barca, dares to play with only 3 at the back. The wide men in 3-5-2 are actually defenders i.e. "wingbacks" rather than midfielders. So essentially, Italy is playing 5-3-2 rather.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I said an "obvious case of kelong", I wasn't referring to the manner of the match fixing but the context and circumstances that surround the match. Spain and Croatia would know better than to fix a 2-2 draw, cognisant that it would arouse widespread suspicion.

Score from 0-0 to 10-0 can always be a realistic score.

I didn't say it can't be fixed. What I said was that, contrary to the beliefs of some punters, football isn't WWE. Never did I dismiss match fixing at the highest level altogether. There are loads of money involved in the game. But in the history of match fixing exposes, bribes rarely, if ever, amounted to more than a million pounds.

You agree that there's possibility of match fixing in the highest level, contrary to what you have said so far.

I'm sure you thought Greece's Euro 2004 victory was fixed too. If Barcelona had played their true game, Chelsea wouldn't have won too. Football is a game played on paper. Favourites must always win. If they don't, it's fixed. :rolleyes:

No, it happens that Greece was the underdogs in every of those games they played, especially AH. They don't fix the Champion, the Champion progresses through by being the underdog in AH bets of the matches they play.

As I've explained before, at the highest level of football, it's virtually impossible to score against a team that parks the bus where space to maneuver is limited to mere millimetres. I thought the Russians could do the impossible. But I was wrong. Doesn't change the fact though that upsets are more than probable when teams defend as if their lives depended on it.

Spain can always get a goal easily and the park bus. Brazil has proven that attack is the best form of defence.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Score from 0-0 to 10-0 can always be a realistic score.

What has that got to do with what I said? 2-2 is a realistic score. Doesn't change the fact that it would arouse suspicion and force investigators to probe into matters. Like someone else has said, kelonging is an art. Nobody would be so dumb as to fix a 2-2 when everyone thinks 2-2 is an indication of match fixing.

You agree that there's possibility of match fixing in the highest level, contrary to what you have said so far.

When did I say that it's impossible for match fixing to take place at the highest level? Show me the quote.

No, it happens that Greece was the underdogs in every of those games they played, especially AH. They don't fix the Champion, the Champion progresses through by being the underdog in AH bets of the matches they play.

Thanks for corroborating my understanding of the warped theories of kelong believers. Next time, no one can accuse me of misrepresenting the conspiracy theorists by claiming that every upset to a kelong believer is a fix. I_Hate_Pappies clearly believes that Greece's 2004 win was a result of a series of kelongs. :biggrin:

Spain can always get a goal easily and the park bus. Brazil has proven that attack is the best form of defence.

Spain can get a goal easily against teams that concentrate 8 players in a small area? They couldn't do so last night. They couldn't do so against Switzerland in the last world cup. Of course, there must be an alternative explanation: kelong. But what I have are factual observations of Spain struggling to score against packed defences and what you have are unsubstantiated speculation. If you think Spain can easily get a goal while being outnumbered by international defenders and that the failure to do so is a consequence of match fixing, prove it. Simple as that. :rolleyes:

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
And they will succeed tonight. :biggrin: Betting rule of thumb: it's virtually impossible to score against a team that parks the bus. Just ask the Spaniards. Struggled for 70 mins last night until Croatia switched to a 4-4-2.

That explains the 6 yellows cards earned by Croatia while La Roja has none. :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What has that got to do with what I said? 2-2 is a realistic score. Doesn't change the fact that it would arouse suspicion and force investigators to probe into matters. Like someone else has said, kelonging is an art. Nobody would be so dumb as to fix a 2-2 when everyone thinks 2-2 is an indication of match fixing.

Score of 2-2 of don't seem to be a weird result.

When did I say that it's impossible for match fixing to take place at the highest level? Show me the quote.

#976.

Thanks for corroborating my understanding of the warped theories of kelong believers. Next time, no one can accuse me of misrepresenting the conspiracy theorists by claiming that every upset to a kelong believer is a fix. I_Hate_Pappies clearly believes that Greece's 2004 win was a result of a series of kelongs. :biggrin:

Yes, i have explained. Greece happened to be the underdog on every opponent it met along the way to be the Champion, supported by weak handicaps along the way. Champion of tournaments are not fixed before the ball start rolling. Greece was not fixed to be the Champion from Day 1. Base on per match basis. Every end result must make the most profit overall.

Spain can get a goal easily against teams that concentrate 8 players in a small area? They couldn't do so last night. They couldn't do so against Switzerland in the last world cup. Of course, there must be an alternative explanation: kelong. But what I have are factual observations of Spain struggling to score against packed defences and what you have are unsubstantiated speculation. If you think Spain can easily get a goal while being outnumbered by international defenders and that the failure to do so is a consequence of match fixing, prove it. Simple as that. :rolleyes:

I believed you have seen matches whereby the stronger teams broke down and opened the floodgate of defense resilient teams. Of cos, in my perspectives, i will put it this way that the strikers of Spain and Defenders of Croatia were on the take to ensure the final result goes the way of the fixer. Which in last night's games, 1-0 to Spain.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believed you have seen matches whereby the stronger teams broke down and opened the floodgate of defense resilient teams. Of cos, in my perspectives, i will put it this way that the strikers of Spain and Defenders of Croatia were on the take to ensure the final result goes the way of the fixer. Which in last night's games, 1-0 to Spain.

At 3 mins before full time Spain then scored, Spain are happy and so were the bookmakers. So late to score would give bankers opportunities to farm out their bets.

Last night one way traffic punting was on Spain from 1/2 ball (early betting) and it rose to 11/4 and 11/2 balls handicap.

I noticed that Fabregas was reluctant to score on a few chances; maybe he was asked to hold back until late in the match.

I'm not complaining for the 1-0 result suited me well. The moment early market plate was opened for Spain 5 days ago, I grabbed the 1/2 ball handicap to win 0.88.
Late last night I hedged out 70% of my initial bet on 11/2 handicap on Coatia and thereby giving me 2 winning bets.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At 3 mins before full time Spain then scored, Spain are happy and so were the bookmakers. So late to score would give bankers opportunities to farm out their bets.

Last night one way traffic punting was on Spain from 1/2 ball (early betting) and it rose to 11/4 and 11/2 balls handicap.

I noticed that Fabregas was reluctant to score on a few chances; maybe he was asked to hold back until late in the match.

I'm not complaining for the 1-0 result suited me well. The moment early market plate was opened for Spain 5 days ago, I grabbed the 1/2 ball handicap to win 0.88.
Late last night I hedged out 70% of my initial bet on 11/2 handicap on Coatia and thereby giving me 2 winning bets.

Congratulation on your winning Bro! :smile:

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, congratz. You sound like HoundDog from the old forum.
smiley-2.gif

Last edited:

Lewandowski

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not directed at you but i am not interested in bets like these but a certain moron is showing it off while i couldn't care less. :biggrin:

That is absurd. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether a soccer match kelong or not, anyone realise punters decide which team to bet on? Bookies and fixers have no say which team you are betting your money on.

So, for punters in a kelong game, it is still 50-50 chance of winning or losing coz you get to decide which team to back. Bookies and fixers cannot influence you.

Bro, sure has got big difference lah.

How they fixed a match, I had no clue, but if my connection could ask me to lay out say $1/2m bet on their behalf, I must be very silly if I didn't risk 100 or 200 ks for myself.

Now that I don't have anymore connections, I only bet 1 to 2 ks for mental masturbation for the match which I watch.

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Might not feature. 50/50

There is only one superstitious burger who talks about two boiled eggs.

Ok. That's a frequent outcomes approaching end of the tournaments. Till date i have yet to see any 2 eggs coming in any of the games. Hope it happens when i JIAK on that game. Anyway, different people use different strategies/methods to analyze games. Flipping of coin for the outcomes of AH is also another method. :p:biggrin:

By the way, good job on the transfer updates in Sports section. Appreciate alot. :wink: :smile:

jw5

Loyal
what are the odds France will be knock out?:confused:

it seems no matter what is the outcome England vs Ukraine, France still advance right?

France will be knocked out if they and England both lose, but England lose by a smaller margin.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, sure has got big difference lah.

How they fixed a match, I had no clue, but if my connection could ask me to lay out say $1/2m bet on their behalf, I must be very silly if I didn't risk 100 or 200 ks for myself.

Now that I don't have anymore connections, I only bet 1 to 2 ks for mental masturbation for the match which I watch.

Always within means. Those not so big time fixers can win a couple of games in sequel, they cannot tahan kena fix back in a two or three games. Money easy come easy go.