• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is Cloud? :confused:

On you lah!:cool:
I no more clone liao leh.

1. Leave this forum.
2. "Tok"

Chopping-board-001.jpg

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Croatia make me lose $. pui! Should park the bus for the whole match mah. Park for 70 mins then change formation :rolleyes:

The weaker team has to stop the superior team or play to a draw. I don't see why La Roja needs to agree to a pact but you were a member of the deja vu club right? :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The weaker team has to stop the superior team or play to a draw. I don't see why La Roja needs to agree to a pact but you were a member of the deja vu club right? :biggrin:

I didn't say Spain had to abide by the script. I was referring to Bilic's decision to switch from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-4-2.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Am with you on this. If you want, any game can be a kelong game, what's there to talk about? Iam sure there's corruption and bribery in football, but it's absurd to say every game is kelong. From my experience, it's usually the betting losers who say make this assertion.

The more high profile a match is, the more difficult it's to kelong, so difficult it's nearly impossible. Take for example the champions league final, there're HUGE bets on BOTH sides. Kelong theorists, tell me, how to kelong? No need to go into details, just a basic idea will do.

Explained below, from the "Basic" that i understand.

If we view every match with suspicion, then might as well dont bother to watch. Whats the joy in wtaching?

I don't believe Kelong at this sort of high level competitions while was i winning and losing games. It was when i started winning so regularly from some tip off that made me change my perception many years ago. Anyway, i have lost touch with the "tips" provider. From 1st game to the last game of a high level competition. Yup, i made some good money. :biggrin:

Yes, i don't watch much after knowing so. I feel more excited watching school boys playing street soccer. 99% no match fixing.:biggrin:

The kelong theorists will say that the bookies will place huge legitimate bets on their desired outcome and then bribe the relevant players or officials to
get that outcome.
But like u said, the more high profile or the higher level the match or competition is, the more difficult it will be to find willing accomplices.
Their propensity for money and their willingness to be bribed will be low. Even the officials will be difficult to bribe, because officiating big games
is now really prestigous and even lucrative, with future tv appearances.
The bookies may end up bribing the lowly paid kitman, but how is he going to influence the match? Put itching powder on the jerseys?

Why are you trying to answer this question when you are not even a kelong theorists? Bribing system is slightly different here compared to low level. For those low level games, so long as betting is available with bookmakers, more or less the results will be fixed. Previously, there are cases whereby 2 different groups trying to fix different teams on the same game on the lower level. I think they have more or less they have come to a consensus. Am not surprise it's still happening in the lower league due to some wannabes. By the way bookies don't bet, punters bet. And by bookies, i don't mean those kopitiam bookies which i believe you understand. Willing accomplices? These players and officials are not playing their first game. They have been playing and officiating games week in week out. These group of people who are ready to be on the take, are on the list of the bookies long ago. Not too difficult for them to do so, as they have been doing so every now and then. Not all players are "bribable" though, some of them really took great pride in what they are doing. Some bookmakers may collect more bets on Team A and some collected more for Team B. To answer the question from zeebjii, bookmakers place bets with bookmakers too. End of the day the result depends on the balance sheet. E.g. Those illegal horse racing bookies also place bet with SGpool. Infact, from my understandings, SGpool have specific counters for these group of people to "release" their tickets at the very last mins. Maybe some super senior horse punters can advise here. Just a recap, they don't bribe the whole team, just the few main key players will do. Doesn't always have to be underdogs winning or drawing a game to consider a match fixing. Spain winning Ireland 4-0 can be considered a fixed match too. Spain could be the underdog in Asia Handicap take for that match.

By the way, i am just sharing my understandings and what i have experienced previously. If they have been doing so previously, i don't see why they don't now with so much money involved. And if they are still doing so, i believe they are doing it in a more sophisticated manner now. Don't ever underestimate the "Brains" working in underground businesses. People don't believe doesn't mean it don't exists, people believe doesn't meant it's true. I have experience it so i believe. I have not seen a Ghost or God, so i don't believe in both. Money is more real than Ghost and God in this world, if you understand what i m saying. Whatever it is, i have lost the interests and the excitements it supposed to bring. Whatever it is. there's always multiple answers to an end result of a soccer match. Choose the one that makes you feel comfortable.:wink: Hope everybody huat from this Euro Cup. :smile:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nabeh talk so much for f**k!

Tonight jiak swee swee or pang swee swee? That's all that matters! :biggrin:

I don't believe Kelong at this sort of high level competitions while was i winning and losing games. It was when i started winning so regularly from some tip off that made me change my perception many years ago. Anyway, i have lost touch with the "tips" provider. From 1st game to the last game of a high level competition. Yup, i made some good money. :biggrin:

Yes, i don't watch much after knowing so. I feel more excited watching school boys playing street soccer. 99% no match fixing.:biggrin:

Why are you trying to answer this question when you are not even a kelong theorists? Bribing system is slightly different here compared to low level. For those low level games, so long as betting is available with bookmakers, more or less the results will be fixed. Previously, there are cases whereby 2 different groups trying to fix different teams on the same game on the lower level. I think they have more or less they have come to a consensus. Am not surprise it's still happening in the lower league due to some wannabes. By the way bookies don't bet, punters bet. And by bookies, i don't mean those kopitiam bookies which i believe you understand. Willing accomplices? These players and officials are not playing their first game. They have been playing and officiating games week in week out. These group of people who are ready to be on the take, are on the list of the bookies long ago. Not too difficult for them to do so, as they have been doing so every now and then. Not all players are "bribable" though, some of them really took great pride in what they are doing. Some bookmakers may collect more bets on Team A and some collected more for Team B. To answer the question from zeebjii, bookmakers place bets with bookmakers too. End of the day the result depends on the balance sheet. E.g. Those illegal horse racing bookies also place bet with SGpool. Infact, from my understandings, SGpool have specific counters for these group of people to "release" their tickets at the very last mins. Maybe some super senior horse punters can advise here. Just a recap, they don't bribe the whole team, just the few main key players will do. Doesn't always have to be underdogs winning or drawing a game to consider a match fixing. Spain winning Ireland 4-0 can be considered a fixed match too. Spain could be the underdog in Asia Handicap take for that match.

By the way, i am just sharing my understandings and what i have experienced previously. If they have been doing so previously, i don't see why they don't now with so much money involved. And if they are still doing so, i believe they are doing it in a more sophisticated manner now. Don't ever underestimate the "Brains" working in underground businesses. People don't believe doesn't mean it don't exists, people believe doesn't meant it's true. I have experience it so i believe. I have not seen a Ghost or God, so i don't believe in both. Money is more real than Ghost and God in this world, if you understand what i m saying. Whatever it is, i have lost the interests and the excitements it supposed to bring. Whatever it is. there's always multiple answers to an end result of a soccer match. Choose the one that makes you feel comfortable.:wink: Hope everybody huat from this Euro Cup. :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

zero goal coming.........0-0 correct scoreline.......average payout 10 times. From now till the end every game loot 0 goal. As long as one game ends in 90mins zero goal you are in the money liao.

Bet more win more! Bet less win less! Put $$$ Take $$$!!!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
zero goal coming.........0-0 correct scoreline.......average payout 10 times. From now till the end every game loot 0 goal. As long as one game ends in 90mins zero goal you are in the money liao.

Sure lose one!!!!

NoBallsToTokMCH

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do you dare to put you lan jiao on the line like that ballsless prick? :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok lah to each his own.
in any forum we agree to disagree everyone's entitled to their own beliefs/opinions.

More ammo for conspiracy theorists....some examples....

those who watch football knows the skills levels of top professionals.
DB can score a goal from his own half.....i believe from the other end he also can do it.....
There was a documented story of how he kicked a drink can on the roadside to the other opposite end of the street into the small opening of a trashbin.
he is THAT GOOD....now see footage of how he missed penalties from 12 yards.

or those who know about Johann Cryuff how he used to tekan and sabo his team mates by sending precise passess that made them missed by inches to make them look bad (he admitted later years).

my point being these are the type of skills level of these professionals that they dun even need to miss a wide open goal but can timed a shot to hit the post/crossbar if they want.

NoBallsToTokMCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
they got mock by you because they dare to put down their prediction and they got it wrong.

you always only say "maybe be 3 or more goals, but if the other team park the bus then maybe 1 or 2 goals only.. spain is strong but beating them is not impossible as barca has shown to be beatable.. france will not score a lot unless benzema suddenly on top form..

this type of general motherhood statement whats the point?

But he is the one who challenged me to the bet. With constant bombardment from the media, superior team like Spain will want to win the game while Croatia will favor a draw since it is an uphill task for them. I had expected La Roja to win by 2 goals but games at this level are tight and intense with narrow margin wins. :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I know lah. :biggrin: Some football discussions mah. Wait i see first. KNN, everytime last mins change bets die. Backside itchy. :( Luckily i went for -1 handicap for Spain, PUSH. Mati for Italy. Luckily won on both my TG bets.:biggrin: