• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Russia played poorly against Greece, certainly below par and below what was expected of them.
Kelong? Unlikely but not impossible. Greece was very resilient, they are no pushovers either.
Russia have 3 main creative players, Dzagoev, Arshavin and Shirakov, they could have had an off day.
The rest pretty much played the same way, but human fallibility could mean they could not find the goal they needed.
It was too close to immediately conclude kelong, which is what some do the moment the result is unexpected.
Very unfair to the team and players actually. Not perceptible to me.

The champions league final even less perceptible, the referee had a great game, the Bayern players all tried to score.
Your comments in post 779 of this thread, I didn't see any of that at all, and I watched the whole game.
Your comments on Muller that he scored by mistake and then looked shocked and then pretended to celebrate?
They were absurd. Sorry to keep using this word, but I feel just as strongly that we should not claim kelong the moment the outcome is unexpected.

no worries, bro. enjoy the matches!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Croatia 2-2 Spain :biggrin:

Mario-Mandzukic-120510-Jubilant-G-300.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Jelavic not starting for Croatia, looks like they are settling for the draw.

Prandelli has introduced 3 new defenders into his team, who have not played a single minute of the tournament.
Will they be fresh or rusty?
What about Rooney? :biggrin:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rooting for the underdog ireland to tie and croatia to win....i know nothing about football....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: .....gooooo underdogs

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a very naive understanding of "kelong". What constitutes "kelong" in practice is not what u think is as obvious as goalie letting the ball drop from his hands, scoring own goal, a defender letting a striker rob him of the ball in front of goal, or passing ball straight to the opponent with no any other defender behind him etc. It can be as subtle as players restraining to get first to the ball, or make wrong decisions such as crossing the ball instead of shooting it or vice versa. They will do it in such a way that the world will say that the team lacks cohesion, not hungry, fail to keep its shape or whatever. Or simply that the team didn't turned up.

When I said an "obvious case of kelong", I wasn't referring to the manner of the match fixing but the context and circumstances that surround the match. Spain and Croatia would know better than to fix a 2-2 draw, cognisant that it would arouse widespread suspicion.

For someone to say that matches at this level cannot be fixed simply do not know how much the underground has control over all sports and the massive amount of monies involved.

I didn't say it can't be fixed. What I said was that, contrary to the beliefs of some punters, football isn't WWE. Never did I dismiss match fixing at the highest level altogether. There are loads of money involved in the game. But in the history of match fixing exposes, bribes rarely, if ever, amounted to more than a million pounds.

If Russia had played its true game, u think it would have lost to Greece?

I'm sure you thought Greece's Euro 2004 victory was fixed too. If Barcelona had played their true game, Chelsea wouldn't have won too. Football is a game played on paper. Favourites must always win. If they don't, it's fixed. :rolleyes:

So how could a team who played so well in earlier games lost to the worst team in the group?

As I've explained before, at the highest level of football, it's virtually impossible to score against a team that parks the bus where space to maneuver is limited to mere millimetres. I thought the Russians could do the impossible. But I was wrong. Doesn't change the fact though that upsets are more than probable when teams defend as if their lives depended on it.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jelavic not starting for Croatia, looks like they are settling for the draw.

Prandelli has introduced 3 new defenders into his team, who have not played a single minute of the tournament.
Will they be fresh or rusty?
What about Rooney? :biggrin:

Boss, remember what I said about parking the bus? Croatia would be fired up for this match, as opposed to the arrogant Spaniards.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually prefer to discuss the football including the players, tactics, incidents, team morale, coaching, etc.
More so than the odds, betting, bookies, kelong, etc.
But usually the discussions more about the latter than the former....................

Am with you on this. If you want, any game can be a kelong game, what's there to talk about? Iam sure there's corruption and bribery in football, but it's absurd to say every game is kelong. From my experience, it's usually the betting losers who say make this assertion.

The more high profile a match is, the more difficult it's to kelong, so difficult it's nearly impossible. Take for example the champions league final, there're HUGE bets on BOTH sides. Kelong theorists, tell me, how to kelong? No need to go into details, just a basic idea will do.

If we view every match with suspicion, then might as well dont bother to watch. Whats the joy in wtaching?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I said an "obvious case of kelong", I wasn't referring to the manner of the match fixing but the context and circumstances that surround the match. Spain and Croatia would know better than to fix a 2-2 draw, cognisant that it would arouse widespread suspicion.

I didn't say it can't be fixed. What I said was that, contrary to the beliefs of some punters, football isn't WWE. Never did I dismiss match fixing at the highest level altogether. There are loads of money involved in the game. But in the history of match fixing exposes, bribes rarely, if ever, amounted to more than a million pounds.

I'm sure you thought Greece's Euro 2004 victory was fixed too. If Barcelona had played their true game, Chelsea wouldn't have won too. Football is a game played on paper. Favourites must always win. If they don't, it's fixed. :rolleyes:

As I've explained before, at the highest level of football, it's virtually impossible to score against a team that parks the bus where space to maneuver is limited to mere millimetres. I thought the Russians could do the impossible. But I was wrong. Doesn't change the fact though that upsets are more than probable when teams defend as if their lives depended on it.

Well, u can choose to believe what u want to believe and I can choose mine. But again, no hard feelings. I take it as useful discourse just to pass time and add more excitement to the games. Enjoy the 2nd halves.

jw5

Loyal
Boss, remember what I said about parking the bus? Croatia would be fired up for this match, as opposed to the arrogant Spaniards.

If they continue parking the bus and draw 0-0, they will have to take many taxis to the airport for their flight home later.
Sometimes watching Spain play can be really annoying, no cutting edge at all.

jw5

Loyal
The more high profile a match is, the more difficult it's to kelong, so difficult it's nearly impossible. Take for example the champions league final, there're HUGE bets on BOTH sides. Kelong theorists, tell me, how to kelong? No need to go into details, just a basic idea will do.

The kelong theorists will say that the bookies will place huge legitimate bets on their desired outcome and then bribe the relevant players or officials to
get that outcome.
But like u said, the more high profile or the higher level the match or competition is, the more difficult it will be to find willing accomplices.
Their propensity for money and their willingness to be bribed will be low. Even the officials will be difficult to bribe, because officiating big games
is now really prestigous and even lucrative, with future tv appearances.
The bookies may end up bribing the lowly paid kitman, but how is he going to influence the match? Put itching powder on the jerseys?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they continue parking the bus and draw 0-0, they will have to take many taxis to the airport for their flight home later.
Sometimes watching Spain play can be really annoying, no cutting edge at all.

I think Croatia will score, forcing Spain to bring on the big guns. Then 1-1. Then Spain lead 2-1. Last second of the game, Croatia equalise. :biggrin: