• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

jw5

Loyal
Not imo. The coach doesn't know how to play 4-3-1-2. It's an attacking formation but Prandelli likes to use a lot of defensive midfielders. Very static and overly reliant on the 3 attacking players upfront. The rest of the team just stand around and use eye power. Don't be surprised if eliminated Ireland shocks Italy with an 1-0 win. They are strong in set-pieces. :biggrin:

Who do u think will be the "1"? Diamenti?
Marchisio is good going forward, but Pirlo can be hassled and Motta is really over-rated. So is the defence.
I think Ireland can at least get a draw.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back then quite a few of such flamboyant keepers

Huguita, Bartez, Chivalert....adds to the excitement but managers dun stand for such behavior now.

The way Grobbelaar used to play was very eccentric, he would dash out of the box unnecesarily, flap at high balls, drop them,
save some spectacular shots, but then drop the easy ones.
He could have been doing that for years, in order to give the impression that he was eccentric and inconsistent, rather than on the take.
Amazing that Liverfool stayed with him all those years.

At the very top level, things have changed. Someone who played like he used to would be shown the door pretty soon.
Really too much money in the game now especially BPL. Most of the players would not find it worth it.

jw5

Loyal
Back then quite a few of such flamboyant keepers

Huguita, Bartez, Chivalert....adds to the excitement but managers dun stand for such behavior now.

Higuita once dived and used his feet to kick the ball away "donkey style" after it had gone over his head.
He was really eccentric.
Barthez by and large was ok, he was a French world cup winning goalie after all, but not so good at crosses because of his height.

Chivalert was not eccentric at all, he was in fact an outstanding goalie and one of the best in the world.
The problem is that he was his national team Paraguay's free kick and penalty kick taker, and when he missed, it would sometimes
be a mad rush back to his own goal. He seldom missed on penalties and scored quite often on free kicks.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, Ireland just don't have the quality needed to progress in big tournaments like Euro and WC.
Check out these comments by Roy Keane. :biggrin:

Talking on ITV1 soon after the game in Gdansk, former Ireland international Keane said: "I think the players and even the supporters, they all have to change their mentality, it's just nonsense from players speaking after the games about how great the supporters are.

"Listen, the supporters want to see the team doing a lot better and not giving daft goals away like that. I'm not too happy with all that nonsense.
"To praise the supporters for sake of it ... Let's change that attitude towards Irish supporters.
"They want to see the team winning -- let's not kid ourselves, we're a small country, we're up against it, but let's not just go along for the sing-song every now and again."

I hate Man U as a club but this goon Keano has my respects as a player.. He may not be a classy player, but one can never fault his determination and the ability to lead a team.. I remembered reading somewhere that he once chased Gary Neville around the dressing room in anger at that twat's performance back then when both were still players at Old Trafford..

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate Man U as a club but this goon Keano has my respects as a player.. He may not be a classy player, but one can never fault his determination and the ability to lead a team.. I remembered reading somewhere that he once chased Gary Neville around the dressing room in anger at that twat's performance back then when both were still players at Old Trafford..

I also hate Man U especially that overrated Roonalty. When put on an England jersey is a different person. :biggrin:

Last edited:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maximilian Chop-Heng thinks everyone is blind. Millions watching around the world and those teams would dare to do commit an obvious case of kelong?

You have a very naive understanding of "kelong". What constitutes "kelong" in practice is not what u think is as obvious as goalie letting the ball drop from his hands, scoring own goal, a defender letting a striker rob him of the ball in front of goal, or passing ball straight to the opponent with no any other defender behind him etc. It can be as subtle as players restraining to get first to the ball, or make wrong decisions such as crossing the ball instead of shooting it or vice versa. They will do it in such a way that the world will say that the team lacks cohesion, not hungry, fail to keep its shape or whatever. Or simply that the team didn't turned up. In fact, a forummer said this of the Russians when they lost to Greece. "Kelonging" has worked into an art and it can involve a whole team and at least a few key players. For someone to say that matches at this level cannot be fixed simply do not know how much the underground has control over all sports and the massive amount of monies involved. If Russia had played its true game, u think it would have lost to Greece? In fact, u yourself predicted Russia to win. So how could a team who played so well in earlier games lost to the worst team in the group? Think again.

jw5

Loyal

Oh, Keano was a really classy player all right.
Superb technical ability, great ball control, good runner with the ball, good passer as well, but he would let Scholes who was even better, do most of the passing.
There were games where I would spend the whole game just watching him play, his reading of the game, his vision, were fantastic.
Definitely not just a blood and guts player. Highly under-rated for his technical ability.

jw5

Loyal
Joining them is a stepping stone to bigger clubs like what the foreigners are doing in your country. :biggrin:

There will be no bigger clubs for you because you are actually not that good, same for most of the foreigners. :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who do u think will be the "1"? Diamenti?
Marchisio is good going forward, but Pirlo can be hassled and Motta is really over-rated. So is the defence.
I think Ireland can at least get a draw.

According to reports and my analysis of past matches, Motta will be the "trequartista" i.e. the playmaker behind the front two tonight.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will be no bigger clubs for you because you are actually not that good, same for most of the foreigners. :biggrin:

Now younger players don't have to wait to reach the 30ish club like Toni, Drogba, Di Vaio, Henry, Beckham to join the money bag tycoon owned clubs. :biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh, Keano was a really classy player all right.
Superb technical ability, great ball control, good runner with the ball, good passer as well, but he would let Scholes who was even better, do most of the passing.
There were games where I would spend the whole game just watching him play, his reading of the game, his vision, were fantastic.
Definitely not just a blood and guts player. Highly under-rated for his technical ability.

He's in my all time list as one the best midfielders ever in the EPL.. A very good Capt who leads from the front and never ever shirked a tackle.. Dalglish nearly signed him for Blackburn back then but at the last minute Keano signed for Man U.. Dalglish called Keano up and gave him a good swearing.. Keano then hung up the phone in the middle of that phone call..:biggrin:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll dismantle the laughable assertions of freedalas after the matches. Now busy analysing :biggrin:

If it's so laughable, u won't need more than a minute to dismantle. Anyway, bro, no hard feelings. Please take no offense with my comments. Take it as friendly banter. Don't let me spoil yours and other forummers the mood for matches later. But I still can't resist asserting that England will win Euro 2012 bcos it's predestined.

jw5

Loyal
Or simply that the team didn't turned up. In fact, a forummer said this of the Russians when they lost to Greece. "Kelonging" has worked into an art and it can involve a whole team and at least a few key players. For someone to say that matches at this level cannot be fixed simply do not know how much the underground has control over all sports and the massive amount of monies involved. If Russia had played its true game, u think it would have lost to Greece? In fact, u yourself predicted Russia to win. So how could a team who played so well in earlier games lost to the worst team in the group? Think again.

Russia played poorly against Greece, certainly below par and below what was expected of them.
Kelong? Unlikely but not impossible. Greece was very resilient, they are no pushovers either.
Russia have 3 main creative players, Dzagoev, Arshavin and Shirakov, they could have had an off day.
The rest pretty much played the same way, but human fallibility could mean they could not find the goal they needed.
It was too close to immediately conclude kelong, which is what some do the moment the result is unexpected.
Very unfair to the team and players actually. Not perceptible to me.

The champions league final even less perceptible, the referee had a great game, the Bayern players all tried to score.
Your comments in post 779 of this thread, I didn't see any of that at all, and I watched the whole game.
Your comments on Muller that he scored by mistake and then looked shocked and then pretended to celebrate?
They were absurd. Sorry to keep using this word, but I feel just as strongly that we should not claim kelong the moment the outcome is unexpected.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Italy 2-1 Ireland :biggrin:

italy_di_natale_celeb0612-472x288.jpg