• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding, this guy is one of the underground bookie head.

My take only (and to all wannabe punters, please don't follow it and kpkb afterwards) is that Ireland will be raring to redeem themselves
after facing embarrassment on the pitch, from the media, ex players etc. Italy aren't that good either, the only player I like is Marchisio, the
rest blow hot and cold and Pirlo plays like Scholes. You chase after him a bit and he gets rattled.

Croatia will probably be defensive and try to use Modric and Rakitic (highly under-rated Sevilla player) to craft chances for Jelavic and the tall guy
who keeps scoring but is normally quite lousy. Moreover, the odds for 3-3 on this game is X30 which is imo, not worth the bet.

Very interesting chap. Must read. :biggrin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Abramovich

jw5

Loyal
My understanding, this guy is one of the underground bookie head.

He is more likely to be a payer rather than a payee, but anyone who watched the champions league final can see that
nobody got paid, including players or officials.

The portuguese ref who refereed that match had an excellent game and is now referring in the euros.
The Bayern players tried their hardest to win but made mistakes or could not take their chances.
It is easy to claim kelong if we lose a bet unexpectedly or if the result is unexpected, but do also consider
the circumstances including the teams, players and competition and simply by watching the match closely.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is more likely to be a payer rather than a payee, but anyone who watched the champions league final can see that

The portuguese ref who refereed that match had an excellent game and is now referring in the euros.
The Bayern players tried their hardest to win but made mistakes or could not take their chances.
It is easy to claim kelong if we lose a bet unexpectedly or if the result is unexpected, but do also consider
the circumstances including the teams, players and competition and simply by watching the match closely.

Yes, i agree he is a payer rather than a payee. I don't know, never watch CL Final. I hardly watch a live game.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And by the way, i claim kelong not because i lost on bets. Infact, it was exact opposite. That was many years ago in a Euro too.
Anyway, no such lobangs anymore. Nowadays only punt for fun. You can take it with a pinch of salts. Money involved anything is possible.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm actually going contrarian tonite and have $5 on Croatia to win.
Another $5 on Ireland and Italy to draw 3-3.

Italy is going to rape Ireland. Ireland is a waste of a precious Euro slot. Belgium or Montenegro would have been much more exciting.
And I'm not impressed with that shitty song 'The fields of Athenry'. Go home you silly drunk leprechauns.

That said, Italy can't control its own destiny. If Spain and Croatia draw 2-2, bye Italy.

jw5

Loyal
And by the way, i claim kelong not because i lost on bets. Infact, it was exact opposite. That was many years ago in a Euro too.
Anyway, no such lobangs anymore. Nowadays only punt for fun. You can take it with a pinch of salts. Money involved anything is possible.

Kelong in anything including football games is always possible, but in certain cases, extremely unlikely and improbable.
It's really funny how people can describe incidents in the games and even the looks on the players' faces to support the kelong argument,
when those incidents and looks are merely part of the game and part of normal human reactions at making mistakes or blowing their
opportunity or being disappointed, etc.
There are certainly cases of kelong, but please use logical and sensible arguments to point out those cases. Applies to everyone, not just u or me.

jw5

Loyal
Italy is going to rape Ireland. Ireland is a waste of a precious Euro slot. Belgium or Montenegro would have been much more exciting.
And I'm not impressed with that shitty song 'The fields of Athenry'. Go home you silly drunk leprechauns.

That said, Italy can't control its own destiny. If Spain and Croatia draw 2-2, bye Italy.

Ireland have been poor so far, but they also got there fair and square.
Simply lacking in quality in all areas and not that much of fighting spirit so far either.
Hoping it will change tonite, because I don't like the Italian team, including the manager.
3 at the back indeed, with the blond version of Gattuso, De Rossi as one of the centre backs. :rolleyes:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kelong in anything including football games is always possible, but in certain cases, extremely unlikely and improbable.
It's really funny how people can describe incidents in the games and even the looks on the players' faces to support the kelong argument,
when those incidents and looks are merely part of the game and part of normal human reactions at making mistakes or blowing their
There are certainly cases of kelong, but please use logical and sensible arguments to point out those cases. Applies to everyone, not just u or me.

Money involve nothing is extremely unlikely and improbable. Maybe the person who spotted those reactions are very observance? I don't know, i never watch that game.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take only (and to all wannabe punters, please don't follow it and kpkb afterwards) is that Ireland will be raring to redeem themselves
after facing embarrassment on the pitch, from the media, ex players etc. Italy aren't that good either, the only player I like is Marchisio, the
rest blow hot and cold and Pirlo plays like Scholes. You chase after him a bit and he gets rattled.

<s>Italy </s>Juventus (that's how Italy played) only have themselves to blame for playing their last two games to a 1-1, switching to a defensive 3-5-2 formation after their shock 0-3 loss to Russia in the pre tournament friendly match. Can't they beat their opponents with their usual style of play before the change in formation? :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
<s>Italy </s>Juventus (that's how Italy played) only have themselves to blame for playing their last two games to a 1-1, switching to a defensive 3-5-2 formation after their shock 0-3 loss to Russia in the pre tournament friendly match. Can't they beat their opponents with their usual style of play before the change in formation? :biggrin:

Italy have played both their games with 6 midfielders.
One is playing in defence, 2 are bodyguards to the old man Pirlo (one is a much better player than the other), another one called Maggot is only there because he was made to look good by his foreign team-mates at club level and the last I have never even heard of and can neither spell nor pronounce his name. :biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ireland have been poor so far, but they also got there fair and square.
Simply lacking in quality in all areas and not that much of fighting spirit so far either.
Hoping it will change tonite, because I don't like the Italian team, including the manager.
3 at the back indeed, with the blond version of Gattuso, De Rossi as one of the centre backs. :rolleyes:

Bro, Ireland just don't have the quality needed to progress in big tournaments like Euro and WC.
Check out these comments by Roy Keane. :biggrin:

Talking on ITV1 soon after the game in Gdansk, former Ireland international Keane said: "I think the players and even the supporters, they all have to change their mentality, it's just nonsense from players speaking after the games about how great the supporters are.

"Listen, the supporters want to see the team doing a lot better and not giving daft goals away like that. I'm not too happy with all that nonsense.
"To praise the supporters for sake of it ... Let's change that attitude towards Irish supporters.
"They want to see the team winning -- let's not kid ourselves, we're a small country, we're up against it, but let's not just go along for the sing-song every now and again."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1hB7ErOuH-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should ask Diego Simeone. 足壇影帝 :biggrin:

simeone-beckham.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Bro, Ireland just don't have the quality needed to progress in big tournaments like Euro and WC.
Check out these comments by Roy Keane. :biggrin:

Tks, I read his comments on soccernet and agree with most of them.
He is hard hitting and goes straight for the jugular, but he also needs to look at himself sometimes.
Could be saying this to reinforce his behaviour at the world cup, where he was sent home for rebelling against Mick McCarthy for pretty
much the same things he is complaining about now.
Then again, that didn't stop him from being in the studio with John Dykes and Andy Townsend (one of McCarthy's strongest supporters during
that incident) for the last BPL game of the season. This bloke doesn't always walk the talk either.

Btw, I consider him the most under-rated midfield player in terms of technical ability, ever. He was a world class player when he was at his best.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simple lah. Even I can score a goal against Manuel Neuer if given 100 tries. Why? Because we humans are finite beings with finite knowledge and finite abilities. Most of our actions and decisions are mere approximations. Just because those players are among the best in the world doesn't mean they are infallible. Even Messi can't control the exact direction and velocity of the ball with absolute precision. There's a lot of tikum tikum that goes through his decision making. "Favourites" doesn't mean "sure win". As they say, the ball is round. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
"Favourites" doesn't mean "sure win". As they say, the ball is round. :smile:

Yes, that's why shouldn't shout kelong everytime there's an unexpected result or outcome.
Oh and that's also why it is goondu to bet 4 figure sums with odds of 1.3 even on a "surewin", unless u are filthy rich. :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Balotelli is unlikely to be fit for tonite's match, he limped out of training with an injury.
Just wondering whether it's just an excuse to drop him without him losing face.................

If he doesn't play, an Italian victory is assured. :smile:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, that's why shouldn't shout kelong everytime there's an unexpected result or outcome.
Oh and that's also why it is goondu to bet 4 figure sums with odds of 1.3 even on a "surewin", unless u are filthy rich. :biggrin:

Correction, in cases of kelong, it doesn't always have to mean underdog win. It can also mean the stronger team overcoming the handicap.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why do you keep alluding to 4 figure sums on low odds as though I'm the sort who would do that? :confused: It's not a rule by any means but I've a tendency to bet on high odds rather than low ones. I consider it beneath me to surrender to the judgement of bookies and be swayed by the odds they set. They say 1.3 means sure win? I'd rather trust my own analysis. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
Correction, in cases of kelong, it doesn't always have to mean underdog win. It can also mean the stronger team overcoming the handicap.

Of course lah bro, if the stronger team wins 5-0, it could also mean an unexpected outcome.
May or may not be kelong also.
But most of the time, can be explained by valid footballing reasons.

jw5

Loyal
Why do you keep alluding to 4 figure sums on low odds as though I'm the sort who would do that? :confused: It's not a rule by any means but I've a tendency to bet on high odds rather than low ones. I consider it beneath me to surrender to the judgement of bookies and be swayed by the odds they set. They say 1.3 means sure win? I'd rather trust my own analysis. :rolleyes:

Joking only lah, hehehe....................... :biggrin:
I said before that your pre-match analysis is usually good, but sometimes analyse this and that also no use, as we discover time and again.
There are so many factors to the outcome of a football game, even if u exclude kelong, players' quality, coach tactics, morale and teamwork, etc.