• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goondus and their conspiracy theories. People who have never kicked a ball before will never understand how much more important winning is than a few peanuts from the bookies to fix the game. Those goondus simply have no idea how little the bribes are. :rolleyes:
bookies offer peanuts? that shows how much you know......though i admit chances are lower at higher levels of competition but does not mean 100% clean.
Want evidence of corruption? Just look at FIFA....also kelong not only limited to players....coaches, sponsors, match officials......everyone also can...dun be so naive.....

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
It also depends on the level of competition and the teams and players involved.
Not going to happen in euro, champions league, BPL, etc.
World cup, serie B, asian leagues, etc, all possible.

Indeed. But that's not what the goondus are saying. They are saying that football is no different from WWE. The billion-dollar industry is wholly controlled by bookies. Which means every time millionaire footballer Wayne Rooney plays in a Manchester Derby, he's actually fixing the game for sums lesser than 100k. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
Indeed. But that's not what the goondus are saying. They are saying that football is no different from WWE. The billion-dollar industry is wholly controlled by bookies. Which means every time millionaire footballer Wayne Rooney plays in a Manchester Derby, he's actually fixing the game for sums lesser than 100k. :rolleyes:

Go and read posts 779 and 781 in this thread.
I seldom describe posts as being absurd but the last 2 times, really couldn't help it.

jw5

Loyal
bookies offer peanuts? that shows how much you know......though i admit chances are lower at higher levels of competition but does not mean 100% clean.
Want evidence of corruption? Just look at FIFA....also kelong not only limited to players....coaches, sponsors, match officials......everyone also can...dun be so naive.....

Bribing coaches and sponsors unlikely to affect the outcome of matches. In the latter case, probably impossible.
In fact, at high levels of competition, match officials could be more susceptible than players.
Even if the players earn $50K a week and the bookies offer $1 Million, the high level players may not take it.
It's not that the money is not attractive, it's that they will probably deem not worth it.
Their "propensity" for money is not that great, therefore very very difficult to fix high level matches.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I prefer to bet small while only worrying about the outcome, and not the collection as well. :biggrin:

We don't have to worry about a few hundred dollars since we have the same betting style. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will the Czechs and the Greeks park the bus and the lorry against Portugese and the Germans in the Quarter Finals? :biggrin:

Greece is a surety in all their games, never change and never will. For the Czechs it depends as they don't have that reputation yet unlike Greece. :biggrin:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nabeh! Today Kagawa damn guai lan.

Whoever gets this one wrong will f**k off from this forum forever! You dare on boh? :rolleyes:

I predict Croatia 1 Spain 3 :biggrin:

Torres: Talk of a fix between Spain and Croatia is disrespectful

The Spain striker believes his side only have to look at Russia to see what happens if they perform complacently during their final group game against the Balkans on Monday

Jun 17, 2012 7:15:00 PM

By Matthew Harold

192653hp2.jpg

Fernando Torres claims that any talk about Spain fixing their final game with Croatia is "disrespectful".

A 2-2 draw or higher would see both sides qualify for the quarter-finals of Euro 2012, putting Italy out of the tournament, much akin to the 'Nordic fix' that occurred eight years ago when Sweden and Denmark similarly eliminated the Azzurri.

Speaking at a press conference ahead of the match, Torres said: "To talk about this match being fixed is a lack of respect for Spain, as it is for Croatia."

"We know Croatia's strengths and how to approach the game; we think we can play our game and win but we have respect for them."

"We know their strengths and how to approach the game; we think we can play our game and win the game but we have respect for them because Russia conceded one goal and you are out."

Torres went on to reflect to the surprise developments in Group A on Saturday, which saw Russia exit the competition at the hands of Greece, and the Chelsea ace has called La Roja to not underestimate the Vatreni.

"As Russia showed, they conceded one goal and went out," he continued. "I think the Russia result is a wakeup call for all the teams that you have to win the last game.

"Even six points and you can be out; you have to be wary, especially of an opponent like Croatia."

Kick off between Spain and Croatia on Monday commences at 20:45CET.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whoever gets this one wrong will f**k off from this forum forever! You dare on boh? :rolleyes:

I am beginning to suspect that you are a Pools employee for coaxing forummers here to donate to their coffers. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal

Kagawa and Clone may f**k off but ballsathome and maximilian chop-heng will return.................... :rolleyes:

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dare except that i am not known to keep my words and also you already lost a handful of lanjiaos. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bribing coaches and sponsors unlikely to affect the outcome of matches. In the latter case, probably impossible.
In fact, at high levels of competition, match officials could be more susceptible than players.
Even if the players earn $50K a week and the bookies offer $1 Million, the high level players may not take it.
It's not that the money is not attractive, it's that they will probably deem not worth it.
Their "propensity" for money is not that great, therefore very very difficult to fix high level matches.
not bribing sponsors......sponsors wanting the game to go certain way......1998 world cup final is one good conspiracy theory.
Good coach make or break the team.......getting the coach on your side will definitely affect the outcome.
Match officials are the most susceptible you said yourself.
Not every player makes 50K per week (read eastern european sides) and not every bookie will only bribe $1 million.
How much betting monies changed hands on average for a single game every major competition?

Not saying that every game or even any game in this euro is fixed but never discount that fact.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goondus and their conspiracy theories. People who have never kicked a ball before will never understand how much more important winning is than a few peanuts from the bookies to fix the game. Those goondus simply have no idea how little the bribes are. :rolleyes:

You can choose not to believe in match fixings, but it's not necessary to call people who believe in it goondus. I believe in it, but i don't call you goondus just because you don't believe in it, right?

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Del Bosque reiterates Spain not thinking about a pact with Croatia

La Roja's coach has dismissed suggestions that the titleholders could play for a high-scoring draw against Croatia in order to eliminate Italy from the European Championship

Jun 18, 2012 10:53:00 AM

By Stefan Coerts

191771hp2.jpg

Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has reacted angrily to suggestions that the reigning champions could arrange for a 2-2 draw in Monday's Group C match versus Croatia.

A high-scoring stalemate would mean the end of Italy's Euro 2012 campaign while sending both the Spanish and Croatians into the quarter-finals, but Del Bosque has stressed that he's not interested in a pact with Slaven Bilic's side.

RETURNS:Croatia £105.00Draw £38.00Spain £15.00

<tbody>
</tbody>

"I believe in a clean game. I am not thinking for one instant about such a possibility," Del Bosque stated at a press conference.

"Bringing this up over and over again is not in the best interest of the game. The more we talk about this, the more we give attention to the people who talk bad about the game.

"I am sure that Croatia think the same way as we do. We are participating at a European football party, and we have to be respectful."

Spain's match versus Croatia kicks off at 20:45CET, with Italy and Republic of Ireland facing off at the same time.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you a bookie or sgpools employee? If not then did you sell your car, house, kidney to bet on 2-2 or higher draw score? I am just posting news here and not telling people to believe or not. This will be a tense game with the world watching. Kelong or not FIFA will launch an investigation if the game ends in a stalemate. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It also depends on the level of competition and the teams and players involved.
Not going to happen in euro, champions league, BPL, etc.
World cup, serie B, asian leagues, etc, all possible.

Cannot lidat say wan.

In the 90's I had a chance to seat down for a meal with that group of 5 Angmohs whom I earlier described about their ability to bet by the millions and won in football betting.

They told me among the four major leagues, the most dirty is the German Bundesliga, followed by Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A and EPL.

One day they whacked on Inter Milan to win in a Serie A match from 3/4 ball to 11/4 balls handicap and Inter won by 5-1.

It also happened on one world cup match between Horlan and Yugoslavia when Horlan won by 6-0.

Many bookies from Indonesia got killed by them in the world cup hosted by Korea & Japan.

To fix a match all they need is to buy up 3 or 4 vital players in the team and usually the referee too.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the old days matches cud be fixed with players and match officials. These days the punting from Asia and China is so huge, big bookmaking
syndicates don't deal with players & match officials, but with club owners and we're talking about tens of millions of Dollars for the right match.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
World class players are also human and they love to have a punt too.

In the UK those in the know are aware of Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen punting on football matches and loosing by the millions.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for Spain to draw, it is very risky and suicide move. Spain can't control the result.:biggrin:

as for Italy to win it, imho have to rest Balotelli. i also wonder the strikers the coach brought to Euro.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for Spain to draw, it is very risky and suicide move. Spain can't control the result.:biggrin:

as for Italy to win it, imho have to rest Balotelli. i also wonder the strikers the coach brought to Euro.

Spain is so hot in the punting market.

Early market four days ago, Spain gave 1/2 ball handicap to win 0.88.

Now Spain gives 1 ball to win 0.82 and 11/4 ball - 0.92.