• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About 10 years ago, I spoke to a well-known bookie. Asked him about kelong matters. He told me if kelong so easy (pau yah), he won't be a bookie.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spain is so hot in the punting market.
Early market four days ago, Spain gave 1/2 ball handicap to win 0.88.
Now Spain gives 1 ball to win 0.82 and 11/4 ball - 0.92.

lots of money went to Spain in last few hours.

afternoon. Spain 1.7 @ win, now is 1.58
Spain handicap is now -0.5,-1.0 @ 1.7 from [email protected] ( money are going into Croatia +1.5 )

i was thinking of taking Croatia +1.5 afternoon. now too late.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About 10 years ago, I spoke to a well-known bookie. Asked him about kelong matters. He told me if kelong so easy (pau yah), he won't be a bookie.

a nobody bookie once told me that he has no insider tips. he only balanced the bets on both teams and guarantee a profit this way ( water money ). his advice to me was if you are undecided, always eat ball.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a nobody bookie once told me that he has no insider tips. he only balanced the bets on both teams and guarantee a profit this way ( water money ). his advice to me was if you are undecided, always eat ball.

Long term, makan and under will bring in $$$. Some bookies will bet with their water money to expedite their returns. Effectively, they are betting with $$$ from others.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spain handicap is now -0.5,-1.0 @ 1.7 from [email protected] ( money are going into Croatia +1.5 )

I think you can find other bookmakers with this plate.

Croatia and Spain to "fix" Italy ______

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Croatia odds are high. Worth a small bet.

Bet $10 on Croatia win.
Bet $100 on Spain win.
If end in a draw, go to Bedok Reservoir.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shinji you can be a comedian after you hang up your boots. :biggrin:

Here i found it. The plate to "fix" Italy. :biggrin:

BET: <select data-role="none" style="font-family: inherit; "> <option value="5">£5</option> <option value="10" selected="selected">£10</option> <option value="20">£20</option> <option value="50">£50</option> <option value="100">£100</option> </select>RETURNS:Croatia £105.00Croatia & Spain to "fix" Italy £40.00Spain £14.70

<tbody>
</tbody>

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
for Spain to draw, it is very risky and suicide move. Spain can't control the result.:biggrin:

as for Italy to win it, imho have to rest Balotelli. i also wonder the strikers the coach brought to Euro.

Giovinco and Di Natale > Balotelli and Cassano

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you a bookie or sgpools employee? If not then did you sell your car, house, kidney to bet on 2-2 or higher draw score? I am just posting news here and not telling people to believe or not. This will be a tense game with the world watching. Kelong or not FIFA will launch an investigation if the game ends in a stalemate. :biggrin:

Maximilian Chop-Heng thinks everyone is blind. Millions watching around the world and those teams would dare to do commit an obvious case of kelong?

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maximilian Chop-Heng thinks everyone is blind. Millions watching around the world and those teams would dare to do commit an obvious case of kelong?

Not ruling out that a draw is impossible without kelong but Spain are the superior team and they can beat Croatia. Why would they want to get themselves in deep shit and face bombardment from the general media and be investigated? :confused: It is Croatia who will face an uphill task and force to a draw if they can't beat La Roja. But you can't help if there are people sensing a deja vu. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot lidat say wan.

In the 90's I had a chance to seat down for a meal with that group of 5 Angmohs whom I earlier described about their ability to bet by the millions and won in football betting.

They told me among the four major leagues, the most dirty is the German Bundesliga, followed by Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A and EPL.

One day they whacked on Inter Milan to win in a Serie A match from 3/4 ball to 11/4 balls handicap and Inter won by 5-1.

It also happened on one world cup match between Horlan and Yugoslavia when Horlan won by 6-0.

Many bookies from Indonesia got killed by them in the world cup hosted by Korea & Japan.

To fix a match all they need is to buy up 3 or 4 vital players in the team and usually the referee too.

These ppl must be important ppl and not just rich ppl. So what happened to them today?

jw5

Loyal
Cannot lidat say wan.

In the 90's I had a chance to seat down for a meal with that group of 5 Angmohs whom I earlier described about their ability to bet by the millions and won in football betting.

It's not impossible, but very unlikely at the top level in the current day.
The more likely targets are the officials rather than the players, but even then, the whole world is watching.
They can get pretty well paid, not only from officiating but also future tv work. If the penalty (pardon the pun) for getting caught
is a jail term, they will not risk it in high profile top level matches.

For top clubs and countries, owners and team officials are unlikely to be advising coaches and players to lose.
Firstly, people like Abramovich will be laughing at what the bookies offer him.
Secondly, word will get out, and not everyone who is told to lose will just take it and lose. The "propsensity" for money is simply
not that great at the top level.

Agree with your point about british footballers placing bets, but they are allowed to at legitimate bookmakers on games
their teams are not involved in.
There's a story about Paul Scholes who claimed that he once went to place a bet on Michael Owen scoring a hat-trick in a match.
That was before Owen joined him at Man Utd, and Owen did eventually score the hat-trick.

jw5

Loyal
for Spain to draw, it is very risky and suicide move. Spain can't control the result.:biggrin:

as for Italy to win it, imho have to rest Balotelli. i also wonder the strikers the coach brought to Euro.

Balotelli is unlikely to be fit for tonite's match, he limped out of training with an injury.
Just wondering whether it's just an excuse to drop him without him losing face.................

jw5

Loyal

Bet $10 on Croatia win.
Bet $100 on Spain win.
If end in a draw, go to Bedok Reservoir.

I'm actually going contrarian tonite and have $5 on Croatia to win.
Another $5 on Ireland and Italy to draw 3-3.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm actually going contrarian tonite and have $5 on Croatia to win.
Another $5 on Ireland and Italy to draw 3-3.

Alamak! Why not more bets on 3-3 on the Croatia and Spain to "fix" Italy match? That game more realistic as there are people sensing a deja vu. :biggrin:

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not impossible, but very unlikely at the top level in the current day.
The more likely targets are the officials rather than the players, but even then, the whole world is watching.
They can get pretty well paid, not only from officiating but also future tv work. If the penalty (pardon the pun) for getting caught
is a jail term, they will not risk it in high profile top level matches.

For top clubs and countries, owners and team officials are unlikely to be advising coaches and players to lose.
Firstly, people like Abramovich will be laughing at what the bookies offer him.
Secondly, word will get out, and not everyone who is told to lose will just take it and lose. The "propsensity" for money is simply
not that great at the top level.

Agree with your point about british footballers placing bets, but they are allowed to at legitimate bookmakers on games
their teams are not involved in.
There's a story about Paul Scholes who claimed that he once went to place a bet on Michael Owen scoring a hat-trick in a match.
That was before Owen joined him at Man Utd, and Owen did eventually score the hat-trick.

My understanding, this guy is one of the underground bookie head.

jw5

Loyal
Alamak! Why not more bets on 3-3 on the Croatia and Spain to "fix" Italy match? That game more realistic as there are people sensing a deja vu. :biggrin:

My take only (and to all wannabe punters, please don't follow it and kpkb afterwards) is that Ireland will be raring to redeem themselves
after facing embarrassment on the pitch, from the media, ex players etc. Italy aren't that good either, the only player I like is Marchisio, the
rest blow hot and cold and Pirlo plays like Scholes. You chase after him a bit and he gets rattled.

Croatia will probably be defensive and try to use Modric and Rakitic (highly under-rated Sevilla player) to craft chances for Jelavic and the tall guy
who keeps scoring but is normally quite lousy. Moreover, the odds for 3-3 on this game is X30 which is imo, not worth the bet.