• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hodgson the mid table manager will be a failure as when he was with Liverfool. Next round England bye bye but if they can somehow replicate Chelsea with disgrace, England fans here will be delighted with me "praising" them. :biggrin:

Before the tournament, I already said that they would do a Chelsea. Hodgson is a bloody defensive minded coach. Set-pieces aside, England's defence is damn solid under him. Park the bus and use speedsters like Walcott on the counter = unbeatable. :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before the tournament, I already said that they would do a Chelsea. Hodgson is a bloody defensive minded coach. Set-pieces aside, England's defence is damn solid under him. Park the bus and use speedsters like Walcott on the counter = unbeatable. :biggrin:

Letting in 2 goals, defense is solid?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pattern now latest mutation is favorite give ball all the way.
Shown in last 4 games over 2 days.
Believe pattern will repeat itself for at least another day or two before next mutation.
Tonight take favourite give ball!

pareidolia-FAULTS-OF-THE-HUMAN-MIND.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Rooney is the only player in the England squad who can play tika tikum with the Spanish team.
The others can only play tika....................... :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Russia has 4 points, Czech Republic 3, Poland 2, Greece 1.

Russia need to win to qualify top of the group and at least draw to assure qualification.
Czech Republic need to win to assure qualification, because Greece may beat Russia.
Both Poland and Greece need to win, draw will be no good for them.

Should be exciting.
My predictions:
Russia to beat Greece
Poland to beat Czech Republic - with Kuba and Lewandoski, seems too good for Czech Republic with Cech looking shaky.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean maximilian chua heng (clone). That joker also believes in kelong :biggrin:

Kelonging a soccer match is not as easy as speculated. If it is in Malaysia, Indonesia or even the Middle East, much easier. Same if in Croatia, Hungary, Bulgaria etc. The lower divisions in established leagues in Germany, Italy and some Scandinavian countries are not spared too.

But when it comes to Euro and BPL, very much harder. These players are paid too well for them to risk it. Even if they decide to, can the fixers ensure they are able to place sufficient bet amounts to 'pay off' these players and make a tidy profit for the risks involved? Easier said than done.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kelonging a soccer match is not as easy as speculated. If it is in Malaysia, Indonesia or even the Middle East, much easier. Same if in Croatia, Hungary, Bulgaria etc. The lower divisions in established leagues in Germany, Italy and some Scandinavian countries are not spared too.

But when it comes to Euro and BPL, very much harder. These players are paid too well for them to risk it. Even if they decide to, can the fixers ensure they are able to place sufficient bet amounts to 'pay off' these players and make a tidy profit for the risks involved? Easier said than done.

All the fixer needs to do is to ensure the final result earns them the most returns. From number of corners, Asia handicap, TG Over/Under, actual score and so on.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the fixer needs to do is to ensure the final result earns them the most returns. From number of corners, Asia handicap, TG Over/Under, actual score and so on.

Yes, you are right. Imo, the easiest type of bet to kelong is the team to kick-off. Fewer players involved and lesser risk. The 2 captains involved will usually accept what the ref says.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, you are right. Imo, the easiest type of bet to kelong is the team to kick-off. Fewer players involved and lesser risk. The 2 captains involved will usually accept what the ref says.

Actually, i m not too sure to what level of "kelongness" they can achieve nowadays. I suspect very high level now. During Malaysia Cup, they can even control up to the mins of the goals. 2 World Cup ago, Brazil Vs China. Brazil was actually the underdog in that particular match due to Asia Handicap.
All they need to do is to tackle a few of the key players from each team. Not necessary the whole squad.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Misfiring Kerzhakov may be left out for Pavlyuchenko. Yay! :biggrin:

Euro 2012 Group A preview: Greece v Russia

15 June 2012

12427400160.jpg

Russia can seal progression from the Euro 2012 group stages with a draw against Greece in Warsaw on Saturday. Dick Advocaat's side have been one of the most impressive at the tournament so far, following up a 4-1 opening day thrashing of the Czech Republic with an entertaining 1-1 draw against co-hosts Poland. Midfielder Alan Dzagoev has starred, netting three goals, while the performances of Andrey Arshavin and Roman Shirokov have also come in for praise.

Despite the fact that a point would be enough to earn Russia progression to the quarter-finals, Shirokov insists they will be determined to produce victory in the Group A tussle.
"Of course a draw with Greece will also put us into the knockout stage but we should win and stay in Warsaw (for the quarter-finals)," Shirokov said."Any other result will be unacceptable."

His thoughts were echoed by goalkeeper Vyacheslav Malafeev who says his team should focus on winning and nothing else.
"We also need to forget that a draw will also put us into the knockout stage and score," Malafeev said."Once, twice - as much as we can." Advocaat is likely to replace misfiring forward Alexander Kerzhakov with Roman Pavlyuchenko up front.

Kerzhakov had seven attempts on goal that were off target – the most recorded for any match by a player at the European Championship finals – in the opener against the Czechs, and wasted several opportunities against Poland as well.
Pavlyuchenko, who moved to Lokomotiv Moscow from Tottenham Hotspur in the January transfer window, has scored 21 goals in 49 matches for Russia, including one in his side's opening day victory against the Czechs.

Apart from bringing Pavlyuchenko in, Russia are unlikely to change a side which is now unbeaten in 16 matches.
For Greece, anything less than a win and they will be packing their bags and heading home. A brave 1-1 draw with Poland in the opener – in which they had a goal disallowed for offside and had a penalty saved – was followed by a 2-1 defeat against the Czech Republic.

They were made to pay for a slow start in that fixture, conceding two goals in the first six minutes in Tuesday's match in Wroclaw before Theofanis Gekas gave Greece some hope with a goal in the 53rd minute.
But despite having more possession and shots on target than Czech Republic, Greece could not find an equaliser putting them in a desperate situation against Russia.