• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renault Fluence - Good or not?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the original "tilted" dashboard/console, whatever it's called:

my-2007-9-3-aero-ip.jpg

Saab. Kong si toh liao.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah, sibe ex.... LOL
No lah. THB 580,000 is about SGD 23,000 nia. Coe and tax is problem. Confirm zero accident. Old folks and chiobus also no problem with this car.

I throw in the petrol cost from LOS to SG. :wink:

Here's the front and rear.

P1200977.JPGP1200976.JPG
Selling because bought the left one (5 year old) because bought the right one (1.5 year old) on impulse. Cannot sell the right one because still on installment.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chonburifc said:
No lah. THB 580,000 is about SGD 23,000 nia. Coe and tax is problem. Confirm zero accident. Old folks and chiobus also no problem with this car.

I throw in the petrol cost from LOS to SG.

You are a salesman ah? 5 years 134k km.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Sawasdeekrup Hock Seng here in Thailand easily la because space is big unlike Singapore. Like me 100km per day is sap-sap-suay. 42km to office then 44km home already 86km plus miscellaneous easily 100km and this is like minimum per day. So for most of us in Thailand to cover 35,000km per year is normal working folks.Housewife don't count la but can still easily hit 15k-20k per year. So for this case 134,000km for 5years is actually quite little.

Oh one thing need getting use to in big countries like Thailand when someone tells you a place is very near it means anything less than 20km. If its near it likely to be within 40km.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sawasdeekrup Hock Seng here in Thailand easily la because space is big unlike Singapore.

Sinkies don't have a clue what a real country looks like. When I flew to San Fransisco in the early 80s on business, I was ask by a colleague whether I could help hand carry a couple of books and pass them to a friend who lived in the USA.

I asked for the address. It turned out the friend lived on the outskirts of Chicago.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
joetys said:
Sawasdeekrup Hock Seng here in Thailand easily la because space is big unlike Singapore. Like me 100km per day is sap-sap-suay. 42km to office then 44km home already 86km plus miscellaneous easily 100km and this is like minimum per day. So for most of us in Thailand to cover 35,000km per year is normal working folks.Housewife don't count la but can still easily hit 15k-20k per year. So for this case 134,000km for 5years is actually quite little..

If it is a lot of crawl in city traffic, it is still a lot of wear and tear. In countries like this with great distances to cover, people don't keep their cars for too long unless they are ok with the deterioration.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer

Reliability Index

The UK Reliability index takes into account all factors of a repair, the cost of the parts and the frequency of failures - The Average of all cars is 100 which means that if the figure for the car you are looking at has a higher than average index (118) it indicates that that car is less reliable than the average, if however there is a lower than average index (60) the reliability is better.

Separately to this figure you can also look at the average cost of repairs for a particular make or model, a car with a good reliability index and a high average cost would imply that the frequency of failure is low, however when it does fail the bill will be a lot more than the average. Toyota, for example, has a high average cost of repair but quite a good index rating - which means that the car fails infrequently but when it does you will be in for a larger than average bill. Overall however, Toyota is a very strong make of car to buy.
1.Honda
arrow3.gif
2.Suzuki
arrow3.gif
3.Toyota
arrow3.gif
4.Ford
arrow3.gif
5.Kia
arrow3.gif
6.Mazda
arrow3.gif
7.Mitsubishi
arrow3.gif
8.Subaru
arrow3.gif
9.Smart
arrow3.gif
10.Daewoo
arrow3.gif
11.Hyundai
arrow3.gif
12.Peugeot
arrow3.gif
13.Lexus
arrow3.gif
14.Skoda
arrow3.gif
15.Rover
arrow3.gif
16.Nissan
arrow3.gif
17.Citroen
arrow3.gif
18.Fiat
arrow3.gif
19.Vauxhall
arrow3.gif
20.Seat
arrow3.gif
21.Volvo
arrow3.gif
22.Chrysler
arrow3.gif
23.Mini
arrow3.gif
24.Volkswagen
arrow3.gif
25.Saab
arrow3.gif
26.BMW
arrow3.gif
Renault
arrow3.gif
28.MG
arrow3.gif
29.Audi
arrow3.gif
30.Jaguar
arrow3.gif
31.Mercedes-Benz
arrow3.gif
32.Alfa Romeo
arrow3.gif
33.Jeep
arrow3.gif
34.Porsche
arrow3.gif
35.Land Rover
arrow3.gif

<tbody>
</tbody>

<noscript> </noscript>

your list showed that honda is top. how come you only forever market toyota. i am a honda supporter now driving my 3rd honda. i never owned a toyota.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I once hit 100k km in slightly over 2 yrs. I am no salesman. And hardly travelled up north then. Me also not taxi driver.

bro GD your car usage very high. i live in central, work in west, yearly mileage about 30k. i suppose you have a lot more life than me. :(

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If it is a lot of crawl in city traffic, it is still a lot of wear and tear. In countries like this with great distances to cover, people don't keep their cars for too long unless they are ok with the deterioration.

I guess so that's why a Japanese car is more suitable because of reliability and also cost of maintenance is lower. In Thailand lucky to have a good used car market so changing cars is actually not so painful.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Check out Ford Mondeo if you don't want common Japanese cars that everyone seems to be driving. It's sporty, turbo, dual-clutch (you can switch between automatic & manual mode), and based on Ford EUCD (European D-Class) platform. I don't know if the price is within your budget of 100K but it's worth checking with the dealer.

If I were given a choice between a Toyota Camry and a Ford Mondeo. I'll choose the Ford Mondeo.

http://www.regentmotors.com.sg/vehicles/mondeo-ecoboost/

Ford Mondeo is a well known gas guzzler. Cannot be compared to a camry.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I fyou want to consider a utility car without much badging, try looking at the Skoda Yeti. Skoda typically uses older VW engines and is highly reliable. Because it is from Czech Republic, it is relatively cheaper. The yeti has very good reviews too.

For those who think Toyota is boring, try looking up FT-86 or GT-86 (Name has been changed in Nov). It's a joint venture with Subaru, with the Toyota featuring the boxer engine and rear wheel drive. Quite interesting specs too, at 190+ hp, torque at 150 or so and total curb weight to be around 1,200kg only

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
your list showed that honda is top. how come you only forever market toyota. i am a honda supporter now driving my 3rd honda. i never owned a toyota.

Honda is excellent too. I owned 3 Hondas in a row.

Hondas are more refined than Toyotas and handle better. However, they aren't as good as Toyota beyond the 10 year 200,000km mark.

If you plan changing cars every few years, by all means go for a Honda.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This car was mainly for driving in the Pattaya, which is a small. For travels to upcountry, I drive a pickup truck.

Honda is excellent too. I owned 3 Hondas in a row.

Hondas are more refined than Toyotas and handle better. However, they aren't as good as Toyota beyond the 10 year 200,000km mark.

If you plan changing cars every few years, by all means go for a Honda.
Add something, spare parts for Honda are usually more expensive that Toyotas. And fuel consumption is definitely not impressive.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro GD your car usage very high. i live in central, work in west, yearly mileage about 30k. i suppose you have a lot more life than me. :(

Yes, when I brought my car in for servicing at 100k km, workshop supervisor was stunned. He couldn't believe I hit 100k km within such a short time. Was seepay malu coz he told all his colleagues who walked by. Machiam uncle came from another planet.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Add something, spare parts for Honda are usually more expensive that Toyotas. And fuel consumption is definitely not impressive.

Honda appeals to younger folks in Thailand. But many had gone over to Mazda in the past year for coming up with better design and also increasing more maintenance centres. Mitsubishi Lancer although a new model here is already 4 years old in Singapore and this is also getting many younger drivers.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think KYP have previously mentioned Nissan Almera. The exterior looks not bad.

P1000002.JPG

think miss out another car. Ever consider Chevrolet Aveo?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think KYP have previously mentioned Nissan Almera. The exterior looks not bad.

think miss out another car. Ever consider Chevrolet Aveo?
Almera have very bad review in SG, sluggish and very plastiky, worst than Latio. Chevrolet Cruze or Aveo mostly are m&d drivers in SG, dunno why, LOL

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almera have very bad review in SG, sluggish and very plastiky, worst than Latio. Chevrolet Cruze or Aveo mostly are m&d drivers in SG, dunno why, LOL

Latio is a very good car. I'm driving one now. Nissan has inherited Renault's expertise in ergonomics design. The suspension is definitely firmer than Toyota Altis. It averages 15 km per litre. In fact I'm so satisfied with the performance of my Latio (known as Tiida over here) that I'm considering a new addition from the same family - Nissan Teana. I guess it's still known as Cefiro in Singapore.

123235303471408300574_550.jpg

Last edited: