• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reform Party starts visits to Punggol East

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is the most 3rd rate of 3rd rate opposition clowns.

Sure. You are entitled to your opinion.

During GE2011, came out with promises. What happened to being co-driver. What happened to slapping the government if they are not doing well. All they did so far is to have a wayang show in Parliament. agree with the pay scale of ministers, never talk about HDB, scold PAP when they wanted to reduce inflow of Foreigners. Biggest Wayang Party opposition clowns.

I think when WP talked about being the co-driver, it is supposed to be a conditional thing. I doubt they mean vote in Tiko Yaw with only a 0.01% margin and reject all the rest, they will or can be a co driver.

All they did so far is to have a wayang show in Parliament. agree with the pay scale of ministers, never talk about HDB, scold PAP when they wanted to reduce inflow of Foreigners. Biggest Wayang Party opposition clowns.

Minister pay
Proposed ministerial pay formula "flawed": Workers' Party
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1175210/1/.html
Workers' Party's proposal on Ministerial salaries is the clearest yet
http://www.raviphilemon.net/2012/01/workers-partys-proposal-on-ministerial.html

HDB
How many times must WP raise questions before you consider they have "talked" about it?

Inflow of foreigners
WP is talking about the restriction on the cheaperest category lah. Not all foreigners.
So you agree we should stop ALL foreigners? In fact you might even want to put all foreigners, PR on the next plane out? Or what?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those are only my views, so it in no way makes it theirs. By the way when I use "MORONS", you should know that it is excluding those who are in the 40%.

Duly noted.

In any case "MORONS" can easily wise up become better people, as it is not a permanent condition.

Ok. But to help the "morons" to wake up faster and more sober, do you continue your way of talking to them, engaging them? Or do you adapt your approach?

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since this is BE and not a GE, Oppo should come together and agree to send just one candidate to represent the whole Oppo lot to take on the mighty PAP. This person must have the guts, the passion, be eloquent and with the necessary debating skills so as to ask difficult questions and grill the PAP government during parliamentry sessions. So you guys think who is the most suitable person for the job?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I've been saying, it's a case between ego and self awareness. And self awareness is a very, very rare trait in politicians

Unless WP back out, KJ has zero chance of winning. So since WP seems keen to contest, then what is he trying to achieve?

Losing your election deposit in monetary terms is one matter.

When you are party chief and lose your deposit, it can quite damage your standing. Eg Desmond Lim whose party practically disintegrated.

If WP lost because of a 3CF (due to split opp votes) it will be worse for RP in future. Not very good to be remembered as a party the PAP has to thank (like Tan Jee Say).

What WP has most to lose with RP coming in is the reduced chances of winning. This is only one seat and not a big loss and WP can avoid expanding beyond what its resources can bear.

In total, RP has more to lose than WP. If KJ is ready, let him be.

Something doesn't sound right.

While KJ/RP claimed he is still talking to other Oppo about a consensus (assuming he mean avoiding 3CF), he himself then went on to say multi-cornered fights are normal.

So which is which?

I am glad I am not the only one who has an eye for flip flops.

Last edited:

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, to wake them up from their decades-long stupor, one must be hard-hitting. It is much like 'tough love'.

Or like that tough-talking "American Idol" judge who criticises with apparent disrespect. The final outcome can only be good for the one being criticised.

.. But to help the "morons" to wake up faster and more sober, do you continue your way of talking to them, engaging them? Or do you adapt your approach?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will suggest that this by-election be given to NSP to stand against PAP, especially if they can bolster their present strength with more high quality individuals and/or supporters. In this regard, prominent opposition supporters will be highly effective if they rally around the NSP to lend their support.

Intuitively at least, NSP will appear to have the greatest chance of winning a seat in Parliament by virtue of it's positive public image. But the older original leaders in NSP should conduct their PR carefully so as not to jeopardise its good image-appeal to the masses.

We can do it this way. Let there be a 3CF between PAP, WP and NSP. This is only one seat and letting the PAP hold onto it for a while more won't kill.

If NSP wins more votes than WP, then I believe your theory is true.

If WP wins more votes than NSP, then it is not likely that NSP would have done better than WP in a straight fight against PAP. If this happens, people should not suggest NSP give way to WP ever again.

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since this is BE and not a GE, Oppo should come together and agree to send just one candidate to represent the whole Oppo lot to take on the mighty PAP. This person must have the guts, the passion, be eloquent and with the necessary debating skills so as to ask difficult questions and grill the PAP government during parliamentry sessions. So you guys think who is the most suitable person for the job?

I will suggest that this by-election be given to NSP, namely Nicole Seah to stand against PAP, especially if they can bolster their present strength with more high quality individuals and/or supporters. In this regard, prominent opposition supporters will be highly effective if they rally around the NSP to lend their support.

Intuitively at least, NSP will appear to have the greatest chance of winning a seat in Parliament by virtue of it's positive public image. But the older original leaders in NSP should conduct their PR carefully so as not to jeopardise its good image-appeal to the masses.

WP and the rest should allow NSP to take on the PAP 'on their behalf' as this is really what opposition unity is about.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

With nobody offering an intel from the ground,

1. LLL-WP
Based solely on her GE2011 score

2. Fatty Desmond-SDA
Just because he/someone said Punggol East is Fatty's turf. Nothing else

The rest all cannot make it. Either they are just online politicians (no sight no sound on the ground, but active online) or they are focusing on other constituencies.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Losing your election deposit in monetary terms is one matter.

When you are party chief and lose your deposit, it can quite damage your standing. Eg Desmond Lim whose party practically disintegrated.

I'd rather not have RP/KJ gone before GE2016.

I am glad I am not the only one who has an eye for flip flops.

Maybe like what some had said, RP/KJ is bargaining with WP/whatever-P, and not really serious about going into the BE.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, to wake them up from their decades-long stupor, one must be hard-hitting. It is much like 'tough love'.

Tell me, how long has SDP/CSJ already been hard-hitting without any meaningful success? How much longer do they need to go before you will consider the method may not be appropriate?

Or like that tough-talking "American Idol" judge who criticises with apparent disrespect. The final outcome can only be good for the one being criticised.

Sure, if the individual/party thinks of the voters as employee, subordinate.

Criticism seldom, if not never, works when the audience is your potential employer. Drawing parallel, would you criticize, threaten your job interviewer?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd rather not have RP/KJ gone before GE2016.

Why not? One less party to compete in the west allows better ones like NSP and SDP to expand there.

I am in favour of RP and SDA being flushed down in the scene as they are no different from Harban Singh's UPF that exists to serve little meaningful purpose.

Maybe like what some had said, RP/KJ is bargaining with WP/whatever-P, and not really serious about going into the BE.

It's the opposite. If you are ready to enter a turf last contested by another opp party, even by just announcing it, you have no right to make noise the next time other opp parties contest in your turfs.

By doing such things, you don't stand to bargain, you lose your bargaining power.

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The entire challenge now is how to tackle those MORONS within the 60.1%. But of course in intelligent ways.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The entire challenge now is how to tackle the 60.1% MORONS. But of course in intelligent ways.
Yes dun kpkb about the opposition or what not. Blame these dumbfuck voters.......they are the ones keeping PAP in power.

Last edited:

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a democracy, to talk about preventing 3-corner fight, to talk about Punggol East being WP is undemocratic.

If KJ feels he stands a chance, or if he feels this is his moment, he has every right to contest in Punggol East. Of course, if he must be responsible for his actions, if he lose deposit, he should know what to do.

KJ is a better candidate than any of the WP candidates, even if you compare Glenda and KJ, KJ is a more qualified person to be in parliament than youthful Glenda.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KJ is a better candidate than any of the WP candidates, even if you compare Glenda and KJ, KJ is a more qualified person to be in parliament than youthful Glenda.
No need compare which opposition candidate is better.....its between incumbent PAP with opposition.......ANYONE is better than a white scum.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What WP has most to lose with RP coming in is the reduced chances of winning. This is only one seat and not a big loss and WP can avoid expanding beyond what its resources can bear.

Its no big deal if WP faces a 3CF from another party, KJ or whoever. Its not effort wasted. The time spent on the ground is also investment for the next GE.

Plus if the other party loses big time, as in the "fatso 5%" case, it will look good on WP and the other party will have no bargaining power in the 2016 round of horse trading.

Frankly I won't mind KJ stepping into the ring and get soundly trashed. It may teach him a thing or two about humility.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a democracy, to talk about preventing 3-corner fight, to talk about Punggol East being WP is undemocratic.

If KJ feels he stands a chance, or if he feels this is his moment, he has every right to contest in Punggol East. Of course, if he must be responsible for his actions, if he lose deposit, he should know what to do.

From what I gather, WP supporters are not averse to multicorner fights. The opposition camp supporters and non-WP opposition supporters are more against the idea.