• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reform Party starts visits to Punggol East

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His is a strange story. Lived a life of total obscurity until his father died, then suddenly want to become a politician. Like Desmond LIm you never see him do any groundwork or target any ward until there is an election, then he will show up. A write off lah!
He appears to be another CSJ, GMS to me. Lots of noise but somehow on the wrong thing.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a few oppo politicians who are motivated purely out of a personal grievance, and not out of wanting to help their fellow citizens or to nurture the growth of democracy in Spore.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was at the WP's Hougang BE Rally when I saw KJ there.. The crowd was not at all bothered with his presence there.. I don't think many recognised him at all even though he is the son the late great JBJ..
IMO, he better stick to his former job as a hedge fund manager's.. He just can't make it as a politican.. :rolleyes:

I think the truth is, he couldn't make it as a hedge fund manager in the first place.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the truth is, he couldn't make it as a hedge fund manager in the first place.

It could possibly be that he had personality clashes with others in his hedge fund biz, in the same way that he had serious differences with some of his star members of RP who decided to abandon him for NSP.

This arises when a person thinks far too highly of himself and looks disdainfully at all around him. To that extent how is that so different from the way Govt ministers and establishment figures treat the "lesser mortals"? I am sure that, with his head in the clouds, he fails to see the irony.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
nd though some online have criticised RP for being a potential "spoiler" in the ward, Mr Jeyaretnam said: "In a first-world democracy, multi-cornered fights are normal. It is up to the people to decide who they want to represent them in Parliament."

Iceman in Top Gun: Bullshit.

US: Two dominant parties.

UK: Mostly two dominant parties. Lib Dems are losers.

List goes on...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He made enough money to retire, and LHL came along in 2009 to rub salt in when JB jeyaratnam died in 2009. Probably the insulting letter from LHL pissed him off sufficiently to want to fight in the political arena against the spiteful PM.

Yes kudos to him. Whatever others might think of him I believe his stepping forward into politics is already commendable. He got more balls than most sinkies.
As to 'helping' pap's cause....if 60.1% of morons in punggol east are savvy....even 10 corner fights also no issue to kick out pap.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes kudos to him. Whatever others might think of him I believe his stepping forward into politics is already commendable. He got more balls than most sinkies.
As to 'helping' pap's cause....if 60.1% of morons in punggol east are savvy....even 10 corner fights also no issue to kick out pap.

That's right. I think he can be a good voice for Singaporeans in the parliament. Would love to see him win

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look on the bright side.

If KJ lose this BE, then the people has give RP the message, RP don't need to spoil next GE's shares of seats. KJ can either quit politics or join WP, SDP, NSP etc.

If KJ wins this BE, then we have a choice of opposition voice, not just the WP voice. KJ and LTK have different styles and approach, it would be nice to have a different voice in Parliament.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look on the bright side.

If KJ lose this BE, then the people has give RP the message, RP don't need to spoil next GE's shares of seats. KJ can either quit politics or join WP, SDP, NSP etc.

If KJ wins this BE, then we have a choice of opposition voice, not just the WP voice. KJ and LTK have different styles and approach, it would be nice to have a different voice in Parliament.

Even if he gets just 2% of the vote he will still be around at the next GE. His motivation for standing appears less directed at the PAP.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a vast difference between being a publicity-seeker and demonstrating political courage. There are a few within the oppo camp that fall within the former category and, whatever they do, they will never shake-off people's perception of them in that respect.

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right in saying Kenneth's high moral conviction and his stepping forward is commendable.

But as you also correctly pointed out, we are dealing with a unique group of MORONS, especially those existing within the 60.1%. Kenneth, or for that matter, Dr Chee can best expect only a handful of more-sophisticated intellectuals to accept them.

I will suggest that this by-election be given to NSP to stand against PAP, especially if they can bolster their present strength with more high quality individuals and/or supporters. In this regard, prominent opposition supporters will be highly effective if they rally around the NSP to lend their support.

Intuitively at least, NSP will appear to have the greatest chance of winning a seat in Parliament by virtue of it's positive public image. But the older original leaders in NSP should conduct their PR carefully so as not to jeopardise its good image-appeal to the masses.

WP and the rest should allow NSP to take on the PAP 'on their behalf' as this is really what opposition unity is about.

Yes kudos to him. Whatever others might think of him I believe his stepping forward into politics is already commendable. He got more balls than most sinkies. As to 'helping' pap's cause....if 60.1% of morons in punggol east are savvy....even 10 corner fights also no issue to kick out pap.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
He made enough money to retire, and LHL came along in 2009 to rub salt in when JB jeyaratnam died in 2009. Probably the insulting letter from LHL pissed him off sufficiently to want to fight in the political arena against the spiteful PM.

Fight by being an online, last minute politician. No ground work, no engaging of voters?

Fight by going into a 3CF, to benefit the big guy?

Either he is naive/stupid/crazy or he has other agenda. Why no be like LSH, writing insightful articles to educate the daft, silent 60%? Of be a valuable team player in a GRC team, contributing ideas, research, etc, etc, and let the other handle the part on engaging of voters?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Intuitively at least, NSP will appear to have the greatest chance of winning a seat in Parliament. But the older original leaders in NSP should conduct their PR carefully so as not to jeopardise its good image-appeal to the masses. WP and the rest should allow NSP to take on the PAP 'on their behalf' as this is really what opposition unity is about.

Whose intuition is that? Yours? If NSP stood any chance it would not have so promptly issued a statement saying it would not contest.

There is no such thing called "opposition unity". Last year when TJS spoke about an "anti-PAP coalition", he was ignored by the bigger parties. Today, no one hears about such a coalition. Indeed, given most people's short memories most cannot even remember his calling for an"anti-PAP coalition".

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look at Fatty Desmond, Rabid GohMS. Do they disappear or turn up once in a while to cause more harm than damage to Oppo cause?

And I haven't even start with where the hell they get so much $$ to risk as election deposit.

Agree. But as I'd said, unless WP/SDP/whatever-P back out, I see zero chance of KJ winning. Even out-of-depth Tin Tin may win more votes over KJ.

Is there nobody else in RP to advise KJ to build a foundation first? Parachuting himself into the middle of nowhere? Really?

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure many (including myself) can see your points, which are valid too.

Ultimately the real but near-impossible task is to undo the damage (decades of ingrained indoctriation) done to those within the 60.1% MORONS.

Whose intuition is that? Yours? If NSP stood any chance it would not have so promptly issued a statement saying it would not contest.

There is no such thing called "opposition unity". Last year when TJS spoke about an "anti-PAP coalition", he was ignored by the bigger parties. Today, no one hears about such a coalition. Indeed, given most people's short memories most cannot even remember his calling for an"anti-PAP coalition".

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right in saying Kenneth's high moral conviction and his stepping forward is commendable.

But as you also correctly pointed out, we are dealing with a unique group of MORONS, especially those existing within the 60.1%. Kenneth, or for that matter, Dr Chee can best expect only a handful of more-sophisticated intellectuals to accept them.

If this is the belittling way CSJ/SDP think of the true pink Singaporeans that they are supposed to help, to represent, then I worry

I will suggest that this by-election be given to NSP to stand against PAP, especially if they can bolster their present strength with more high quality individuals and/or supporters. In this regard, prominent opposition supporters will be highly effective if they rally around the NSP to lend their support.

Intuitively at least, NSP will appear to have the greatest chance of winning a seat in Parliament by virtue of it's positive public image. But the older original leaders in NSP should conduct their PR carefully so as not to jeopardise its good image-appeal to the masses.

WP and the rest should allow NSP to take on the PAP 'on their behalf' as this is really what opposition unity is about.

Agree. Though I dun think NSP has a better chance than the rest.

Whoever it is, all Oppo better quickly come to a mutual agreement and let that individual/party get to work fast. Even better if all Oppo help out this individual/party.