• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reform Party starts visits to Punggol East

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Than blame the dumbass voters for voting for the 5% Oppo spoiler clowns,,,vote for them for what? to me these 3rd rate oppos should only get 1 vote and the one that vote for them is the one that 'second' them so that can stand in a constituency they dont live in

think that it doesn't matter if 1 or 5 opposition parties other than WP contest the by-election. all those parties would gather and share Desmond Lim 5% votes ( maybe slightly more ) among themselves.

but that 5% spoiler votes which 90% would go to WP in a straight fight against PAP? might just prevent a WP razor-thin victory.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Than blame the dumbass voters for voting for the 5% Oppo spoiler clowns,,,vote for them for what? to me these 3rd rate oppos should only get 1 vote and the one that vote for them is the one that 'second' them so that can stand in a constituency they dont live in

Frankly, other than a few faces in NSP -- such as Hazel, Tony, Jeanette and Nicole -- all the other oppo parties and their members are 3rd rate or already "damaged goods". Anyone has doubts about that, I tell you that in a 3CF between PAP, WP and any of the other oppo parties, those other oppo parties will poll in the single digits.

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I said NSP's present branding is most appealing to the masses.

But the older NSP leaders have less public appeal and they should therefore adopt only a supporting role.

Nicole can obviously be the candidate who anyone can identify with, especially when the whole nation knows a shallow air-head like that feet-stomping script memorizer TPL can be so unimaginably voted in by default. To not capitalise on this opportunity will be regrettable.

Frankly, other than a few faces in NSP -- such as Hazel, Tony, Jeanette and Nicole -- all the other oppo parties and their members are 3rd rate or already "damaged goods". Anyone has doubts about that, I tell you that in a 3CF between PAP, WP and any of the other oppo parties, those other oppo parties will poll in the single digits.

Last edited:

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
So unbelievable for people not to want to vote for WP meh? Those that dont like WP will just vote status quo, so by 3 CF, you actually reduce the PAP share of the vote.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
So unbelievable for people not to want to vote for WP meh? Those that dont like WP will just vote status quo, so by 3 CF, you actually reduce the PAP share of the vote.

Concepts such as "like" or "dislike" don't really come into it.
What comes into it for the majority of voters is who and what (i.e., party) they can easily identify with.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole can obviously be the candidate who anyone can identify with, especially when the whole nation knows a shallow air-head like that feet-stomping script memorizer TPL can be so unimaginably voted in by default. To not capitalise on this opportunity will be regrettable.

Disagree. Nicole is someone the younger generation can identify with more. She has passion and speaks her mind and that is good. But her inexperience may not be something Uncles and Aunties may be overly comfortable about.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disagree. Nicole is someone the younger generation can identify with more. She has passion and speaks her mind and that is good. But her inexperience may not be something Uncles and Aunties may be overly comfortable about.

Completely agree. It seems some people, including journalists, think that all that matters are the concerns and views of younger voters. That of course is a massive insult to older voters (i.e., those in their 40s and older) who still make up the bulk of the electorate.