• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu speaks to a stall owner. :wink:

1650385772434.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu contemplates his future. :biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

18 April at 07:29 ·
“Future? What future?”
When I met two of our teachers recently, one of them shared that this is a common response among teens when asked about their future. At their age, it is understandable that some students might find it difficult to see what is in their future. I share my thoughts on nurturing our students’ aspirations in this video.
Thanks Faisal and Owen, for the conversation. We had a long chat on several topics, so I’ll be sharing parts 2, 3, and 4 over the next few weeks.
#CCSsgcycles

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu looks forward to the SYF. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

Yesterday at 19:01 ·
Our talented students in the performing arts CCAs are set to participate in the Singapore Youth Festival - SYF which will start this Thursday 21 April 2022.
This year’s SYF is especially significant for our primary school students as they can look forward to returning to the stage in Term 3 for the Arts Presentation after a 4-year hiatus due to #COVID19. Students are provided more opportunities to take part and showcase their wide-ranging talents in the arts as Ministry of Education, Singapore will continue to feature the digital platform for online performances #SYFgoesOnline.
Preparations were not easy but our educators and schools have put in a lot of effort to help our students shine on stage.
To all our student performers, I hope your SYF experience will be a meaningful and unforgettable one.
Do catch the live streaming of our students’ performances at https://www.syf.gov.sg/arts.../about-the-arts-presentation

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited Xishan Primary School. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing added 4 new photos.​

20 hrs ·
Learning new skills often makes children feel capable and more confident that they can tackle what comes their way.
At Xishan Primary School, this is done through novel approaches
1f642.png
. I was treated to brightly-hued orchid tea skilfully steeped by students from orchids grown on the school grounds. Step by step, they prepared the tea, laid out the teaware, and carefully poured the tea into cups for all to share.
The students were also confidently piping pandan-flavoured macaron shells, which were then filled with gula melaka cream after they were baked. Each thoughtfully decorated with words of encouragement for themselves and their peers, the macarons were not just about picking up culinary skills -- but understanding self-care and learning to care for others.
As a team, each student knew their role in helping to achieve the final product, and readily stepped forward when a schoolmate needed help. Enjoyed observing the team work and natural camaraderie among the students, and I thought picking local flavours that celebrated our heritage was an excellent choice.
Beyond mastery of academic subjects, it is important for our students to develop soft skills, self-belief, and celebrate their achievements in diverse areas. Was heartened to see Xishan Primary School doing good work on this front.
Happy 85th Anniversary, and may you continue to nurture our young students for generations to come.
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu attended a convention. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

Yesterday at 19:25 ·
Over the years, I have attended a number of conventions organised by our local real estate agencies. These annual affairs are held to update their agents on company performance and keep abreast of market best practices, as well as to award top achievers.
I have always found the energy levels at these conventions high, and it was no exception when I attended Huttons Group annual convention today. This is also the first time many of them have gathered in more than two years.
Happy to join them in conversation to discuss topical issues, and to hear that they are challenging themselves to come up with new solutions for the transformation of the real estate industry.
[
1f4f8.png
: Huttons]

1650641697395.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visits a school canteen. :biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

16 hrs ·
“My son is my taste tester
1f604.png

Mdm Violet offers creative vegetarian food options daily at Princess Elizabeth Primary School. Recipes are developed at home with the help of her son, a Pri 3 student at the school.
The photo below features olive fried rice, braised tofu with mixed mushrooms and assam fish; and wholesome lotus root, carrot and peanut soup. All the food are made from scratch daily, including the rempah for the assam fish and curry dishes.
Mdm Violet, a former F&B marketing manager, decided to pursue her passion for cooking full-time, and currently runs the stall with her mum, Mdm Rui Xuan.
Favourite dishes of the students include macaroni soup, and spaghetti where the sauce is made with fresh tomatoes and she shared that students are big fans of the crunchy soy bits that are sprinkled liberally on top.
The greatest perk of serving canteen food? “When students give me a thumbs up for the food, and getting to go home together with my son everyday” Mdm Violet beamed. He is a lucky boy indeed
1f642.png

#OurCanteenFood

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is interested in fashion. :biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

Yesterday at 09:45 ·
Had a recent conversation with youths on “fast fashion” and “slow fashion”, and their impact on the environment.
To some people, I may belong to “old fashion” or even “no fashion”.
Realised I could actually have been fashionably into “eco fashion” all this time.
1f602.png
1f923.png

[These old tees are really comfortable, btw]

1650712581643.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was glad to join The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and Ambassador Jonathan Kaplan at the AmCham CARES Awards 2022. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

12 hrs ·
Singapore has been a trusted partner of the US for inclusive multilateral cooperation. Our countries share common interests in upholding an open and rules-based global security and economic order.
Our strong bilateral ties are underpinned by our close economic relations:
▪️
Singapore is home to nearly 5,500 US companies.
▪️
Singapore is the second largest Asian investor in the US.
▪️
Singapore’s investments in the US and US exports to Singapore, support more than a quarter million American jobs.
Was glad to join The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and Ambassador Jonathan Kaplan at the AmCham CARES Awards 2022 yesterday. I spoke on the importance of US sustaining global leadership by:
▪️
Staying true to their values
▪️
Advancing the importance of an open and inclusive global economy
▪️
Demonstrating not the example of their power, but the power of their example.
My speech also outlined opportunities for our two countries to broaden and deepen our partnership:
➡️
Singapore’s universities have long maintained a global outlook and inclusive posture. We are open to learning from the best ideas in the world, including collaborating with top-notch American companies and universities.
➡️
Singapore can be the platform of choice for American scholars, business leaders and the next generation of change-makers to understand Asia and connect with this region.
➡️
By being an aggregator for smaller businesses, US companies can open the door to internship and short-term exchange opportunities for students and mid-career workers in Singapore, and build a talent pipeline.
May our mutually beneficial partnership growth from strength to strength for years to come.
[
1f4f8.png
: AmCham]