• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was happy to join in the festivities and activities with his residents. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
My Buona Vista residents were excited to welcome back Chingay @ Heartlands this evening after three years.
The highlight for many was the procession of Chingay floats. Happy to join in the festivities and activities with our residents.
1f60a.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited Greendale Secondary School. :coffee:

Chan Chun Sing is at Greendale Secondary School.​

2 d · Singapore ·
During my visit to Greendale Secondary School, I asked Secondary 4 students Ally and Hannah about their experience with Full Subject-Based Banding.
Ally enjoyed the common subjects with her mixed form class. These subjects, which include PE and the school's Applied Learning Programme in Design, Technology and Engineering, gave her the opportunity to learn new skills and get to know her peers from her form class better. "I've made friends from different backgrounds and learned how to appreciate how others think and feel," she said.
Hannah valued the help her friends gave her. "I found it useful to have friends studying subjects at a more demanding level in my form class! They were able to help me with some of the challenging math topics during their free time."
Indeed, education goes beyond the acquisition of knowledge. Meaningful interaction with peers of different strengths and interests, learning to bring out the best in one another — these are all part of a holistic learning experience for our students in their formative years.
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was pleased to attend the opening ceremony of the 2nd RISING Fellowship. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
I had the pleasure to attend the opening ceremony of the 2nd RISING Fellowship yesterday. The RISING Fellowship is a programme to strengthen our exchanges with regional leaders from Indonesia, and this year, we welcomed leaders across Indonesia from Sumatra to Java, Bali, and Sulawesi.
Singapore
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
and
1f1ee_1f1e9.png
Indonesia enjoy a broad and deep relationship. I shared in my remarks that mutual trust is the foundation of our strong bilateral relations, and we have been building up such trust through exchanges like this, as well as with our people, economic and security ties. The strength of our ties has been on full display during times of crises, such as the COVID-19 pandemic and natural disasters.
As we look ahead, it is important for our young leaders, students and children to forge friendships and understand each other better. Hope our RISING Fellows have a fruitful programme in Singapore!

333117793_638932254623781_714053835253827939_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants to enable Singaporeans to maximise our potential. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

4 d · Instagram ·
We are facing a new world order that is vastly different from the last 50 years.
At the Investment Management Association of Singapore (IMAS)- @bloomberg Conference 2023, I shared my views on how Singapore can thrive and continue to grow in these uncertain times.
▪️
Leveraging game-changing new technology
▪️
Building resilience & efficiency in our systems and people
▪️
Embedding a culture of #lifelonglearning so that Singaporeans continuously reskill and upskill to higher value jobs, and are well-placed to seize opportunities in emerging industries
@moesingapore will continue to foster partnerships between our schools, industries and community, to further Singapore’s progress and enable Singaporeans to maximise our potential.
#IMASBloombergConference2023
1f4f8.png
: IMAS, Bloomberg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants to empower our students to make the most of their talents in taking Singapore forward. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d · Instagram ·
Beyond self, beyond institution, and beyond the here and now.
This is the mentality that we must nurture in current and future generations to ensure that our people and country continue to thrive in a fragmented world.
Spoke at the The Straits Times Education Forum 2023 on how it is important for our Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) to augment the capabilities of our people, and uncover solutions for a sustainable future, amidst climate change and rapid technological changes.
1️⃣
Sustain our relevance to the world by connecting across different disciplines, political blocs and diverse cultures. Embrace interdisciplinary learning, and provide opportunities for our students to go overseas to learn and grow our networks.
2️⃣
Create sustainable livelihoods and lifestyles within our carbon constraints to transform the way we live. Our IHLs can be thought leaders in how we envision future cities and future societies.
3️⃣
Organise ourselves in a new social compact that will inspire the best by moving away from a meritocracy of grades, towards a meritocracy of skills.
I hope that our IHLs will rise to the challenge, and empower our students to make the most of their talents in taking Singapore forward.
Singapore Management University
1f4f8.png
: The Straits Times

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is deeply saddened. :frown:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Captain (Ret) Shamsudin bin Shadan left us this morning. I am deeply saddened by his passing and extend my condolences to his family and loved ones.
Among the roles CPT Shamsudin held in his long and distinguished career were Regimental Sergeant Major of 1st Battalion, 1 SIR and the Parade RSM of our first NDP in 1966. He was known as one of the “tigers of SAFTI” and his reputation as a strict disciplinarian was legendary among early generations of SAF servicemen. I have heard many anecdotes. He was THE RSM.
I know CPT Shamsudin well as he was also an active grassroots leader in Buona Vista. He was passionate and dedicated to serving our residents. He held high standards and expected that of himself too.
Thank you for your service to Singapore and Singaporeans. Farewell, CPT Shamsudin.
Salute!
Farewell to a trusted comrade and true son of Singapore.
[Photo credit: Mindef, People’s Association]

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is happy to share. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Happy to share that our colleague, Mr Heng Guan Teck, Deputy CEO at Institute of Technical Education, Singapore, has been voted onto the WorldSkills Board on 1 Mar 2023.
You might have heard of the World Championship of Skills, or what is popularly known as “Youth Olympics of Skills'. This is organised by Worldskills, an international body that promotes the importance of skilled trade professionals and skills excellence through their outreach efforts.
Our students have done us proud at this biennial skills competition, taking home medals in a variety of skills — from digital game art to health and social care.
Through his continued involvement with WorldSkills since 2000, Guan Teck has made significant contributions to the growth of technical and vocational skills uptake in Singapore. He is currently Singapore’s Official Delegate for WorldSkills, and has served as Technical Delegate, Jury President and Competitions Committee Delegate Lead.
My heartiest congratulations to Guan Teck on this new appointment! And I am confident that Guan Teck will further strengthen Singapore's representation and influence in the global skills arena.
Find out more here: https://bit.Iy/3T05z1o
#SGproud #TeamSG #skills #worldskillssg
WorldSkills General Assembly welcomes new Board Members

WORLDSKILLS.ORG
WorldSkills General Assembly welcomes new Board Members
Alexander Erdmann from Germany and Heng Guan Teck from Singapore voted onto the WorldSkills Board.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu looks forward to the great things you will achieve together. :tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
✈️
We can soar higher by working together.
Singapore Airlines‘ Singapore Flying College and Singapore University of Social Sciences have co-developed programmes to build a skilled workforce for the aviation sector. The Master of Management and Minor in Aviation programmes will provide an industry-relevant education for SIA pilots and students looking to upskill or enter the aviation industry.
Such collaborations encourage an exchange of ideas and best practices between industry and our Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs), ensuring that our people are well-equipped for jobs of the future.
I look forward to the great things you will achieve together
1f60a.png

336258688_174137402073081_7785924502003375451_n.jpg

335419853_222960893603393_5810849729560035202_n.jpg

334829041_2790042067797944_7118089604933561010_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited Queenstown Secondary School. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d · Instagram ·
Ideas and initiatives.
Rafik’s idea of a ‘reimagined space’ in Queenstown Secondary School has stationary bicycles that can generate power. It would be a place where students can befriend one another too! Not only does it help in sustainability efforts, it brings the school community closer.
This idea splintered off from a project he worked on where he proposed a similar idea for void decks in the Redhill neighbourhood.
Similarly, Wei Heng and Sharmitha, together with students passionate about student well-being, initiated their own efforts in the school. They asked the Principal, Mr Sim, if they could use the notice boards situated at a prime location - the route to the canteen. They post mental well-being tips and encouraging messages for their peers. During my chat with them, Sharmitha even led us in taking a deep breath to remind us that deep breathing exercises can help us in moments of stress.
Ideas and initiatives that begin small often spark other possibilities. It always excites me to hear our students’ ideas. Thank you Queenstownians for sharing your ideas with me. In my note of encouragement to them, I wrote, “Dream big. Start small. Start now and we’ll be there faster than we think.”
Remember that each step, no matter how small, leads you closer to your dream and vision!
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visits APSN. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
“Being around plants is calming for me,” says Joshua. “I am happy to be able to learn about the ways of planting and the growing process.”
Joshua is a student from APSN. He is taking up the Horticulture programme, which is one of four vocational courses the school offers. Each one offers hands-on learning experiences that prepares students for a career in an industry that suits their strengths and skills.
Join me as I find out more about the other programmes!
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu joined his residents for breakfast. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Joined Our Tanjong Pagar residents in Johor Bahru for breakfast before they went on their Shopping Raya.
Hope they enjoyed their day and had a good time shopping with family, friends and neighbours.

336647354_198744639448377_2532276458891002113_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates Singapore Airlines Engineering Company (SIAEC), Institute of Technical Education, Singapore, Singapore Institute of Technology and our 5 Polytechnics on signing a Memorandum of Understanding. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Congratulations to Singapore Airlines Engineering Company (SIAEC), Institute of Technical Education, Singapore, Singapore Institute of Technology and our 5 Polytechnics on signing a Memorandum of Understanding, which will help our students to gain practical skills in the aviation industry.
SIAEC has a strong track record of collaborating with our institutes of higher learning (IHL) and this MOU will take the partnership further.
SIAEC and our IHLs will collaborate to:
1f44d.png
Provide lifelong learning opportunities for the SIAEC workforce;
1f44d.png
Promote bilateral knowledge exchange between the industry and schools, through curated training curriculum, structured internships and attachments, enhanced employment placement offers, and more.
The partnership is a shining example of how businesses and educational institutions can work together to nurture future-ready graduates.
Well done to the teams involved and I hope this successful collaboration will inspire other companies to do the same!
[
1f4f8.png
: SIAEC]

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu caught up with the Fong sisters. :cool:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
I’ve met the Fong sisters many times over the years. Happy to catch up with them again this morning during My Buona Vista house visit.
I was shown an old photo circa 2013 (of a younger looking me!).
1f60a.png

337170480_909252563628826_228765348421551904_n.jpg