• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu poses with a few unmasked people, including one chiobu. :biggrin:

332196604_850757606026146_2019166693820233930_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu shared how the Public Service will lock in four key lessons learnt from COVID-19. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

46 m ·
Our public officers have worked hard for the past three years in the fight against COVID-19, applying innovation and working across agency lines to safeguard lives and livelihoods.
The pandemic served as a glue to bring all sectors – public, private and people – together for a larger purpose. I hope that this partnership can be further strengthened, so that we can stay ahead of the curve, to better serve Singaporeans, together.
At the Committee of Supply debate today, I shared how the Public Service will lock in four key lessons learnt from COVID-19 and apply them in our ongoing Public Sector Transformation efforts.
More details here: go.gov.sg/psd-cos2023.

jw5

Loyal

Chan Chun Sing

23 h ·

COVID-19 showed us the importance of organising more services around citizens, instead of along agency lines. We are building a network of physical ServiceSG centres that aim to be a one-stop concierge for citizens. There are 6 locations now, and there will be another centre at Bukit Canberra CC by the middle of this year. To find out more, visit go.gov.sg/servicesg.

331297176_889580245671265_9186394200062478260_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·

The second lesson from COVID-19 is the value of collaborating closely with the people and private sectors. Our future challenges will be more complex, requiring Whole-Of-Nation efforts to overcome. The Public Service will continue to build up the mindsets and skillsets to work with the private and people sectors.

331400648_231334792651268_1029697787817145784_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·

The third lesson is that our organisations and people must be agile. COVID-19 underscored the importance of having a centralised system to identify and redeploy surge manpower across agencies quickly to support critical crisis functions. PSD Singapore is setting up a structure to do this, so we are better prepared for future crises.

331334990_217007330985170_2523253521509141997_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·

The fourth lesson is the importance of strengthening forward planning capabilities while managing current operations. The Public Service must retain our muscle memory in crisis management. We will continue to actively invest in training our officers to build broader and deeper competencies in their respective domains.

332091558_577338177754803_1104090225646763439_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was happy to share views. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Our popular Holland Drive Market & Food Centre will be closed for two months in March and April for repairs and renovation.
My Buona Vista stall holders and residents I met were happy to share views on what can be improved and looking forward to the reopening of the refurbished centre on 1 May.

331495877_1057670242302274_1236670514353016681_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu made an important speech. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

23 h ·
Our education system must gear our students up with essential mindsets and skillsets to navigate an uncertain and competitive world across their life course.
As part of the Ministry of Education, Singapore's Learn for Life movement, we will continue to focus efforts on:
▪️
Enhancing flexibility and porosity for different learners across their educational journey
▪️
Strengthening support to encourage lifelong learning
▪️
Leveraging technology, empowering educators and building strong partnerships in our education landscape
Read my full speech today at MOE Committee of Supply Debate 2023 here: https://go.gov.sg/moecos2023-minchan
#COS2023
#LearnForLife

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu announces some changes. :cool:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Every child has his/her unique strengths, interests and needs. For each child to achieve full potential, our support must adapt to their changing needs across the different stages of their education journey.
As shared at the Committee of Supply Debate 2023, Ministry of Education, Singapore has taken decisive steps to review the education landscape to better support our children. Here are some of the key changes:
▪️
Full Subject-Based Banding will be implemented in all secondary schools from the 2024 Sec 1 cohort to provide students with greater flexibility to customise their educational experiences.
▪️
The A-Level curriculum and assessment load will be rebalanced to provide more time and space for our Junior College and Millennia Institute students to pursue their interests and further develop their 21st Century Competencies.
▪️
More opportunities will be provided for skills upgrading, and there will be greater access to degree pathways over one’s life course.
These efforts are vital in helping our children to develop as resilient, confident learners for our collective future.
Visit https://go.gov.sg/moecos-2023 to find out more about these changes.
#COS2023
#LearnForLife

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu has conversations with students. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
*Conversations with Students*
Raining…(recalled a recent conversation)
Me: What would you do - if on your way to school, there is a knee-deep flood right in front of your school and you have no other bypass to get to school?
Student A: Just walk through it…
Me: Then you will have wet shoes throughout the day?
Student A: Then I just go barefoot in school!
Me: Your shoes may not dry in time for the next day?
Many: Minister! We have other pairs of school shoes!
Me:
1f972.png

Student B: I will take off my shoes and socks, put them in a bag, then wear them again in school!
Me:
1f607.png

Student C: Aren’t there covered walkways?
Student D: Why would there be a flood?
Me:
1f605.png
1f605.png

Student D: Turn around, go home and do HBL!
Me:
1f602.png
1f602.png

Our answers may just reveal our age and era!
1f92a.png
1f92a.png

May be an image of text that says Singapore pore 26° Drizzle H:28° L:24° Rainy conditions will continue all day. Wind gusts are up to 22 km/h. Now 11 12 13 14 15 40% 27° 26° 40% 27° 30% 28° 30% 28° 30% 28 10-DAY FORECAST Today 90% 24° Mon 28° 80% 24° 29° Tue 80% 24° 29° Wed 60% 24° 30°