• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am a ex sbs bus captain. Ask me anything..

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, lower income its ok and the most important is to have a stable job that can provide long term consistent income for say 10 years to 20 years.

Sadly, to say the most of the PMET jobs are short term and cannot provide that :thumbsdown:
One of them ask me,should he take the 800k ringgit buy a condo at msia or shop house to rent out and retire

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the only plus point of drive sbs bus is after 20 years, cpf can have 200k and above.many Malaysian pr ex colleague now consider revoke pr,take the 200k plus cpf out to msia, become 800k ringit, and retire
Not sure if RM800k enough to retire unless you live like a monk in Jiu hu.

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've sat in those MAN single deck bus operated by SMRT. Their pick up is very fast indeed, even when fully loaded.
Do not play with bus. 1 single decker 10 ton le. If inside full passenger,add another 3 ton. Total 13 ton. Car only 1 ton. Even if a bus hit a small car at 30km per hr,the small car gone case..

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Driving public bus at that kind of pay is modern day slavery.
Anyway most of them voted for PAP. They deserve to be slaves.

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal
China man lagi best. One month 4000. Times 5 is 20000 rmb. They work 3 year can go back China retire at age 30 le. Singkie work 50 year also cannot retire as get 3000 plus a month only..

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
As per above topic.
1. If some uncles don't tap card their card will you ask them to tap? Especially if is your friend or relative etc will you close eyes?
2. If you see someone tapping with the senior sound but doesn't look old will you check their IC or ask for age verification?

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. If some uncles don't tap card their card will you ask them to tap? Especially if is your friend or relative etc will you close eyes?
2. If you see someone tapping with the senior sound but doesn't look old will you check their IC or ask for age verification?
I don't bother with all these.because i have a schedule to run. Cannot waste time..

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too expensive. Go to kukup. Or pontian. I believe they just completed a new bridge for a short cut to Tuas. No need apartment. No maintenance fees. Everyday fresh fish and chicken

I prefer to stay in the Sinkieland and find a job here. Anyway after 55 years old can make CPF withdrawal :smile:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not all la.i met nice China colleague that are helpful...
I'm not saying all are psychologically unstable.

But it's normal that when there is no outlet or recourse for your issues, violence will be the result. Read of many China driver involved in accidents and I bet more than half are deliberate.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, lower income its ok and the most important is to have a stable job that can provide long term consistent income for say 10 years to 20 years.

Sadly, to say the most of the PMET jobs are short term and cannot provide that :thumbsdown:
Yeah I belonged to this group for 20 over year's having a stable easy job with not high income nor very low, consistently saving majority of my take home pay. My luck ran out finally. But nevermind I have already saved up cash + cpf accumulated over the few decades. And now I can work 12-24 hrs per wk for exercise and mental well beings rather than the money. When I had sufficient savings at one point in time, I could try out jobs that I find them to be interesting to have a taste of different kind of life's without having to worry about salary.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I belonged to this group for 20 over year's having a stable easy job with not high income nor very low, consistently saving majority of my take home pay. My luck ran out finally. But nevermind I have already saved up cash + cpf accumulated over the few decades. And now I can work 12-24 hrs per wk for exercise and mental well beings rather than the money.

Yes bro, I had seen managers who earned about $10,000 a month worked for only 1 year they got fired and some only worked about 7 to 8 months in a PMET job.

Their unemployment period sometimes can more than 6 months to find another job, not easy now. In the last 10 years, almost none of the PMET able to stay on to a job for more than 2 years either they got fired or forced to resign.

I consider myself lucky that I am able defeated the :devilish: and hold on to my job in those difficult years. Now I am also working :biggrin:

Last edited: