• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am a ex sbs bus captain. Ask me anything..

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think I would go mad from that
I learnt from security guard friend that not all kind of security guard can do.
Need to be very choosy to survive long term and only can go for part time basis.
Then you need to have some hobby while at work in order not to go mad.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 months at hougang training. No need sign bond. Got tp test. Very difficult to pass as they use laptop to track your tyre got cross the white line on road. Touch white line also fail. I 3rd try the last attempt then pass. Else fail also terminated from job and I can't even start Ferry passenger.
At least don't need sign bond that's a plus point to try out.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 months at hougang training. No need sign bond. Got tp test. Very difficult to pass as they use laptop to track your tyre got cross the white line on road. Touch white line also fail. I 3rd try the last attempt then pass. Else fail also terminated from job and I can't even start Ferry passenger.
For driving bus, I believe there will be many kind of reference point sightings in order to land into it nicely , not easy to remember all.
When I went to learn driving the wildlife long tram, they taught me the right wheel must touch what point then the tram can enter into different station nicely, bus one will have more sightings bah.

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal
For driving bus, I believe there will be many kind of reference point sightings in order to land into it nicely , not easy to remember all.
When I went to learn driving the wildlife long tram, they taught me the right wheel must touch what point then the tram can enter into different station nicely, bus one will have more sightings bah.
Only 1. We only turn our steering wheel when we approach the bus stop on the 6th white dotted line.then we confirm can avoid our left wheel hit the curb..

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st 6 months stress. After that very easy just like drive a small car because u have get used to it le
But getting used to it is another thing. The main thing is you are not allowed to miscue so to me is a permanent stress.
If you miscue how you do the IA?

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
But 6-8k per month de woh

I had two friends both drive Grab. They said some good days can earn $400 to $500 a day but some bad days they earn less $100.

Both of them are private drivers since the Uber days, spent all their earnings on housing loans and basic needs.

No retirement savings at all except mandatory Medisave self-contribution :frown:

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had two friends both drive Grab. They said some good days can earn $400 to $500 a day but some bad days they earn less $100.

Both of them are private drivers since the Uber days, spent all their earnings on housing loans and basic needs.

No retirement savings at all except mandatory Medisave self-contribution :frown:
Yes the only plus point of drive sbs bus is after 20 years, cpf can have 200k and above.many Malaysian pr ex colleague now consider revoke pr,take the 200k plus cpf out to msia, become 800k ringit, and retire

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the only plus point of drive sbs bus is after 20 years, cpf can have 200k and above.many Malaysian pr ex colleague now consider revoke pr,take the 200k plus cpf out to msia, become 800k ringit, and retire

To me, lower income its ok and the most important is to have a stable job that can provide long term consistent income for say 10 years to 20 years.

Sadly, to say the most of the PMET jobs are short term and cannot provide that :thumbsdown: