• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Folder to handle trivia ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Collective will went out of fashion with communism. The younger generation will laugh at the notion. There are choices and these are many. People will vote with their feet.

I was one of the first to compliment Erection, Kopiuncle and Fishypie for their initial posts. All turned out to be bigger than Ben-Hur. Two repeatedly even now want to meet forummers and lets put it down to conspiracy theory. When AK made those comments I did not say much and it was only yesterday I agreed with him there is a an agenda but I can't figure out why. Prior to yesterday I did not make a single comment about Fishypie. I decided to step in after I noticed Stompiss doing the exact same thing - flooding.

These things are not common but they do occur in cycles. The rep system does not work and I will be the first to agree that mods and even admin cannot do much except accommodate the energy in some form.

Interestingly there will be a rare few that will say something constructive to address the issue knowing that there will always be backlash. And it same few. The rest will turn up at the end of the event and make motherhood or gratuitous statements and this is where you will find your "collective will".

In forum run in developed societies, people like fishpie, kopiuncle etc will not last a week. And these are societies where free speech is revered. I think it is a reflection of the conditioning of Singaporeans over 5 decades where dissent is kept intnal year round and then when a scandal like NKF happens, all the motherhood pundits will appear and share their wisdom.

At the end of the day, it's the collective will of the members which determines the direction this place takes.

My job is simply to keep the server humming along and preempting problems and planning upgrades when necessary.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Collective will went out of fashion with communism. The younger generation will laugh at the notion. There are choices and these are many. People will vote with their feet.

Just in case nobody realised it, the courtyard cafe IS the trivia folder. There are dedicated folders for more serious discourse. I even arranged their order so that the politics folder is right at the top and the quiet zone is there for those who want to avoid the hustle and bustle here.

The fact remains that no matter what I do, I can't prevent people from gravitating towards trivia. It's human nature. Gossip far outranks highbrow stuff in the popularity stakes.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Some people will never understand this....those who believe in conspiracy theories of their own.

Just in case nobody realised it, the courtyard cafe IS the trivia folder. There are dedicated folders for more serious discourse. I even arranged their order so that the politics folder is right at the top and the quiet zone is there for those who want to avoid the hustle and bustle here.

The fact remains that no matter what I do, I can't prevent people from gravitating towards trivia. It's human nature. Gossip far outranks highbrow stuff in the popularity stakes.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Courtyard cafe is the trivia folder. But b'cos of its freedom of speech especially on political matters it become so popular that it might even require a trivia folder within itself ?
And.. b'cos freedom of speech on political matters is not trivia so Clones start to attack and refuse to stop even when asked to? Why would a layman insist of posting junks ?

Would meeting up in person proves anything ? Clone or Drones ? lol I dunno..

If a or few forumers is so hated by so many or the majority, you can say freedom of speech rule come first so you can't ban or punish but if they're flooding you with retard posts of right ball or left ball is better thingy and bringing the decency of the forum to so low ... be it trivia or TCSS.

Do something !

Please ?

;P

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be talking about the guy who convinced WP supporters in the forum to meet and obtained their contact details. By the way, he is now collecting a stipend from the govt.

This forum encourages candid comments and I am sure they are looking to slaughter a chicken to frighten the proverbial monkeys. I am sure no one wants to be like Richard Wan looking sheepishly after he was caught out by New Paper.

I can understand that those based overseas catching up but I would be cautious about people repeatedly wanting to meet. We already got one mod who has met others.

remember some folks asked for meet up in the Delphi forums? asked for monikers and stuffs, is it the same MO?

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
More ramblings and now even baseless words by the eunuch. Facts all wrong as per normal just like his SilkAir pilot post.

Some guys are like chimps with a machine gun....anyhow fire and screwall.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
We already got one mod who has met others.

me guessed Sam would have little control over the private lives of his mods. am sure we remember that he had always been a strong advocate of keeping the online persona separate from the real life. at the very extreme end of the spectrum, he would have to work every thing out by himself as he always had.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please continue to remind people not to meet in real life. If they must meet do not reveal their sammboy nick.

Why anyone would still want to meet despite the bad experience of other people is beyond me.

You must be talking about the guy who convinced WP supporters in the forum to meet and obtained their contact details. By the way, he is now collecting a stipend from the govt.

This forum encourages candid comments and I am sure they are looking to slaughter a chicken to frighten the proverbial monkeys. I am sure no one wants to be like Richard Wan looking sheepishly after he was caught out by New Paper.

I can understand that those based overseas catching up but I would be cautious about people repeatedly wanting to meet. We already got one mod who has met others.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
chimp probably has never had any friends because of his character so he cant understand what meetups and friendship are about. As i've said before ..

really sad and bitter guy. Gutless too...wont take me one on one but now he's trying to add a political dimension to our meetings.

Thats very mischievous of him no doubt. Waste of time to respond to him actually but what the heck...time is what i have.

Off tangent on conspiracy bit IS trivia too

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
there are downsides to this of course but it is not correct to say that there will never be friendships formed during such meetings. Each person should be aware of the risks and then make an informed decision for himself whether he wants to meet up with other forummers.

me guessed Sam would have little control over the private lives of his mods. am sure we remember that he had always been a strong advocate of keeping the online persona separate from the real life. at the very extreme end of the spectrum, he would have to work every thing out by himself as he always had.

Please continue to remind people not to meet in real life. If they must meet do not reveal their sammboy nick.

Why anyone would still want to meet despite the bad experience of other people is beyond me.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly I dun mind meeting funny people here, if they are sincerely wanna meet, why not? I very ching chai kind, I dun talk much about politics, so I got nothing to hide. People who met me find me a very nice guy leh, I'm always willing to help :biggrin: Sure, some we met dun click after that, like Raiders and I, we fight like no tomorrow in the forum, but we never sabotage each other in real life. So ok lah..... U win some, you lose some...

Last edited:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr erection

Understood your pt of view.

I have met forummers too. In the end I gain 3 friends but 30 enemies.

After the meet up all those involved will form their own closed grouping. They will support each other and put down those who criticising their members.

It become like a triad.

Bad for forum because other people gets put off and leave.

there are downsides to this of course but it is not correct to say that there will never be friendships formed during such meetings. Each person should be aware of the risks and then make an informed decision for himself whether he wants to meet up with other forummers.