• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Folder to handle trivia ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe convert one of the existing folders to handle new trivia that is now very popular. Maybe badge it with The religious folder.

Aware that we are supposed to handle all manner of chat that is not too serious in the kopitiam folder but the trivia/boliao stuff is overwhelming and there are also people keen to respond. I am sure this will allow Fishpie, Alamaking, kopiuncle, Erection etc to say their piece in peace. A good example is making erection the chatroom mod. Horses for causes.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The problem with your suggestion is I cannot find a single thread dat will be in between trivia and serious politics.

Fishypie and company can be easily handled with a light touch.

Putian

Maybe convert one of the existing folders to handle new trivia
cross.gif
that is now very popular. Maybe badge it with The religious folder.

Not practical. They will still swarm into this Cafe folder where the crowd are.
tick.GIF

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everyone had different opinions on relative importance of each thread. Spammer like fishypie would think all his threads are non trivial.

In reality it is ambiguous in deciding which thread is too trivial for this folder n which is not.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I see nothing bad about trivia and it can be fun and one can also gain knowledge from some of them. Maybe you are referring more to the bo liow threads?

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I see nothing bad about trivia and it can be fun and one can also gain knowledge from some of them. Maybe you are referring more to the bo liow threads?

Define "trivia". Does it include

(a) making up cockamine investments from pseudo friends who spoke imaginary things to you (krafty)
(b) making up cockamine stories about your life history (OverTheCounter)
(c) asking one-liner dumb questions (Fishypie)
(d) making incessant suggestions to modify the forum (Scroobal)
(e) telling people how not to pay for commerical sex (jiakhong)
(f) asking people how they handle hypothetical dangerous situations (jubilee1919)

Where do we draw the line? Who decides what is trivia/bo liao and what is suitable for this folder?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure all of us would like to or have responded to these threads or even have created such threads including me.

I am sure the general concern of all is that the forums has its quiet day when there is no new thread of any thread of any sort.

Look at Stomp. I am sure even the people behind it did not expect such postings to come thru as common as it is now.

We might even have our own interesting stompers who may able to contribute non-stomp stuff in the other folders.

I am glad there are also people keen to respond to this thread

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Screwball, I still maintain my perception of FishyPie's agenda in this forum, if you think my nonsensical posts degrades the value of this forum, Fishypie ones will be a long term, slow death kind of damages to the forum, which is irreversible.

Look at Stomp, I've witness it slowly becoming a graveyard because the admins keeps posting those hunky dory (jw5 teach me this words, lol) threads like Fishypie.

I'm not trying to pull my weight or be a hero here, I just dun want this forum to go downhill. Too bad you guys with higher education or wisdom dun see my points. It's ok, sooner you guys will realize it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You're getting silly. If people here respond to you and keep you company why the hell do you care what one or two individuals thinks of your posts? As far as I can tell you still have good company here.

I hate to compare anyone to LTB but in this case its warranted. No one reads, cares or responds to LTB except for points donation and that chap doesn't give two hoots that he is neither needed nor wanted in this forum. You on the other hand complain and complain despite having 2000 rep pts, a power of 44, a post score of over 16K, and people to talk with everyday without fail. Frankly who is worse I don't know.

Screwball, I still maintain my perception of FishyPie's agenda in this forum, if you think my nonsensical posts degrades the value of this forum, Fishypie ones will be a long term, slow death kind of damages to the forum, which is irreversible.

Look at Stomp, I've witness it slowly becoming a graveyard because the admins keeps posting those hunky dory (jw5 teach me this words, lol) threads like Fishypie.

I'm not trying to pull my weight or be a hero here, I just dun want this forum to go downhill. Too bad you guys with higher education or wisdom dun see my points. It's ok, sooner you guys will realize it.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i support AK. just move fishypie kind of thread into another folder and let those interested talk there or enforce by giving infraction to fishypie for posting in the wrong forum. maybe both.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i support AK. just move fishypie kind of thread into another folder and let those interested talk there or enforce by giving infraction to fishypie for posting in the wrong forum. maybe both.

OK point taken. Lets create a folder "bo liao", and appoint AK the moderator of both folders. If he does the job well, then I will support him too.

Leongsam, your thoughts?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read your very first post on this and I do agree that there is something going on with Fishypie. The trouble is that it is very difficult to sort these things out in terms of classification. Thus the proposal to hold it in a different pen or folder. It took us a long while to figure out the religious zealots so this is a new challenge.

You can see the dynamics in the main folder changing. It was not serious but I would rate it as good material and it covered day to day issues from food, heartland matters, travel experiences, silly things that the govt has done, youtube, what is going around the world, legal issues, taxes, impact on our lifestyles, threat from our neighbours, how to handle investment, how to drive in big countries, signs of heart attack, where to apply for things, who is a good gynae, where to buy things etc. as you start logging the type of contributions found in the main coffeeshop folder, one realises how important they actually are even though they are not serious political stuff. My sense is that it is worth making an attempt to save it as it is.

With the trivia, less people would contribute as there is little air time for their postings and therefore why should they bother. The "graveyard" is not a far off thought.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK point taken. Lets create a folder "bo liao", and appoint AK the moderator of both folders. If he does the job well, then I will support him too.

Leongsam, your thoughts?

I said again, I dun like to abuse my power and I dun want to be in charge of anything. Why dun you guys get it? Fishypie and I were ex Stomper, so I'm very sensitive with those kind of question threads, I know what he's trying to do.

When I exposed him he's from Stomp, he immediately got his nick erased there, tell me if a normal stomper can do that?

If you guys dun believe me, so be it, god bless this forum.