• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Church Goers vs Temple Goers.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand that the father of the modern chinks, sun yat sen, was also a Christian. That shows that in order to overthrow feudalism and backwardness in China, you need to embrace Christianity.

You also want to say the father of modern sinkies was also a christian. Sinkieland turned from a backward fishing village to a modern city through embracing of ang mo tua kee christianity.:rolleyes: bro yellow talks more sense and logic, i can only sense the elitism and ang mo tua kee in you.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You also want to say the father of modern sinkies was also a christian. Sinkieland turned from a backward fishing village to a modern city through embracing of ang mo tua kee christianity.:rolleyes:

Ah Gong was good enough to be an honourary Christian. He certainly was Christian educated.

There are enough good Christians in Singapore who have a strong Protestant work ethnic, and our Muslim population are less restive due to Ah Gong's farsighted multiracial policies. The Christians in Singapore also exert a disproportionate influence over Singapore through their mission schools, various organizations and important leaders in industry and in Parliament. How else do you think Singapore can rise above the rest of South East Asia within 10-15 years since independence?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Gong was good enough to be an honourary Christian. He certainly was Christian educated.

You're again talking through your hat. Do not try to pass off your half-baked theories as learned discourse in this forum.

Old fart was never religious; he was an agnostic till his death. If anything he dabbled in superstitious practices by going to a renowned Buddhist monk to get his fortune read before making any major overseas trip. His dabbling in Catholic meditation in his final years was more a pragmatic move to prolong his life than a profession of a faith in something beyond this life.

And he was never educated in a Christian school. Studying law in Cambridge certainly didn't count as a Christian education.

The Christians in Singapore also exert a disproportionate influence over Singapore through their mission schools, various organizations and important leaders in industry and in Parliament. How else do you think Singapore can rise above the rest of South East Asia within 10-15 years since independence?

Your semi-literate rantings are amusing. All four dragon economies, Singapore, South Korea, HK and Taiwan, were primarily Confucianist and Mahayana Buddhist after the war. Christians, as now, were a minority. If you read Samuel Huntington's The Clash of Civilizations, he attributed the rise of these Dragon economies (plus Japan) to their Confucianist culture which values education, filial piety, social propriety, hierarchy, hard work, and observance of one's duty to society above individual rights.

Christianity was never a factor in the meteoric rise of East Asian societies in the 2nd half of the 20th century. Next you'd be saying that communism was the reason why China is the world's 2nd largest economy today. Sheesh.

But I forget: you can hardly read.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You're again talking through your hat. Do not try to pass off your half-baked theories as learned discourse in this forum.

Old fart was never religious; he was an agnostic till his death. If anything he dabbled in superstitious practices by going to a renowned Buddhist monk to get his fortune read before making any major overseas trip. His dabbling in Catholic meditation in his final years was more a pragmatic move to prolong his life than a profession of a faith in something beyond this life.

And he was never educated in a Christian school. Studying law in Cambridge certainly didn't count as a Christian education.

Your semi-literate rantings are amusing. All four dragon economies, Singapore, South Korea, HK and Taiwan, were primarily Confucianist and Mahayana Buddhist after the war. Christians, as now, were a minority. If you read Samuel Huntington's The Clash of Civilizations, he attributed the rise of these Dragon economies (plus Japan) to their Confucianist culture which values education, filial piety, social propriety, hierarchy, hard work, and observance of one's duty to society above individual rights.

Christianity was never a factor in the meteoric rise of East Asian societies in the 2nd half of the 20th century. Next you'd be saying that communism was the reason why China is the world's 2nd largest economy today. Sheesh.

But I forget: you can hardly read.

Confucianist values are useless without a good Protestant work ethic, rule of law and western liberty ideas as its foundation. Chinks had confucianist values for centuries and ended up overpopulated, poor, backward with hardly any social mobility.

I read better than you ever will. And we also conversing with Christian language, not your chink hieroglyphs. Not smart enough to invest an alphabet?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confucianist values are useless without a good Protestant work ethic, rule of law and western liberty ideas as its foundation.

Protestant work ethic? Do you even know anything about the Reformation and the birth of Protestantism?

2,000 years before the Protestant work ethic came about, there was the Confucian work ethic. How do you think the Tang poets were able to wax lyrical about life and nature in a prosperous society while European Neanderthals were swinging from branch to branch? The Confucian work ethic was shaped by 2,500 years of Confucian and Taoist ethics, as well as 2,000 years of the Imperial Exam.

Indeed, the British Civil Service (and by corollary all Western civil services) are a legacy of the Chinese Imperial Exam:

In 1806, the
Honourable East India Company established a college, the East India Company College, near London. The purpose of this college was to train administrators; it was established on recommendation of officials in China who had seen the imperial examination system. The civil service, based on examination similar to the Chinese system, was advocated by a number of Englishmen over the next several decades.[SUP][8][/SUP]​

Sociologists today talk about the 'Protestant work ethic' to contrast the economic fortunes of Protestant nations (northern Europe, North America) with those of Catholic ones (southern Europe, Central & S. America). It is never used in comparison with the Confucian work ethic because it's generally understood that people from Confucian countries are the hardest working people in the world. The rice fields of the fertile Yangtze valley have been tilled diligently for 8,000 years, supporting the Han civilization, long before the advent of Jesus.

We've long suspected you're the village idiot. Stop opening your mouth and confirming it.

And we also conversing with Christian language, not your chink hieroglyphs. Not smart enough to invest an alphabet?

English a Christian language? Do you know English is only about 800 years old? Do you know Christ spoke Aramaic, an ancient extinct Semitic language? Do you know the language of the first Roman Church was Latin, and that the earliest hand-written New Testament manuscripts were in Greek?

Gosh. Calling English a Christian language is like saying Chinese is a Leninist language because Mao's Little Red Book was written in Chinese!

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
English a Christian language? Do you know English is only about 800 years old? Do you know Christ spoke Aramaic, an ancient extinct Semitic language? Do you know the language of the first Roman Church was Latin, and that the earliest hand-written New Testament manuscripts were in Greek?

Gosh. Calling English a Christian language is like saying Chinese is a Leninist language because Mao's Little Red Book was written in Chinese!

I have met many christians who are like JohnTan and they like are idiotic hypocrites casted out of the same bible mold with mouths stained with white supremacy. They are not stupid fellows but their heads are so overruled by 'anything' white supremacy and the false claim and promise of afterlife.

Christian hypocrites are converts for 2 main reasons:
1. Christianity is a religion practices by ang mohs who they believe are supreme in everything knowing to them, to them ang moh urine tested super awesome. Lol.
2. Effective and crafty proselytization tactics employed which touch touching on fear of unknown and death... "You are sinner and can only be saved through Jesus Christ the son of God who is so great because he was born in a stable instead of a palace. He loves 'everyone' so much he died on the cross to save us from our sins. He is the only religion leader that came back from death." This is deadly potent!!!

In reality, many of Jesus's myths like born of a virgin, 12 disciples, resurrected after 3 days, born on 25th December were actually copied from older egyptian, persian and greek religions.

HorusInfoGraphic.jpg

90f52a37767ae291fbe41f95bb9d2ab8.jpg

Horus.jpg

horusvirginwintersolstice.jpg

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have met many christians who are like JohnTan and they like are idiotic hypocrites casted out of the same bible mold with mouths stained with white supremacy. They are not stupid fellows but their heads are so overruled by 'anything' white supremacy and the false claim and promise of afterlife.

Christian hypocrites are converts for 2 main reasons:
1. Christianity is a religion practices by ang mohs who they believe are supreme in everything knowing to them, to them ang moh urine tested super awesome. Lol.
2. Effective and crafty proselytization tactics employed which touch touching on fear of unknown and death... "You are sinner and can only be saved through Jesus Christ the son of God who is so great because he was born in a stable instead of a palace. He loves 'everyone' so much he died on the cross to save us from our sins. He is the only religion leader that came back from death." This is deadly potent!!!

In reality, many of Jesus's myths like born of a virgin, 12 disciples, resurrected after 3 days, born on 25th December were actually copied from older egyptian, persian and greek religions.

The only real religion is either Christianity or Islam. If Christianity is false, then probably Islam has to be the correct way. How many Muslims you see turning into Buddhists after getting together with a Buddhist?

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only real religion is either Christianity or Islam. If Christianity is false, then probably Islam has to be the correct way. How many Muslims you see turning into Buddhists after getting together with a Buddhist?

You see anything ang moh and their religion so high up, I don't know you would still feel proud if your wifey were to love their dicks. Theirs is definitely thick and long compared to yours. Ang moh tua tua kee!

144203901-buddhist-monk-nicky-vreeland-the-grandson-of-gettyimages.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

manymonks.jpg

Aug+29+Bhikkhuni+Ordination+at+Aranya+Bodhi+-+Just+After.JPG

img021.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
These are just angmos who are game for exotic non-angmo experiences. Once they sober up and face reality, they should quit Buddhism or Hinduism.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are just angmos who are game for exotic non-angmo experiences. Once they sober up and face reality, they should quit Buddhism or Hinduism.

You are sour grape! The greatest ang moh/jewish atheist is probably this enlightened gentleman....

d75b3b2fe3d8706442cc3949485cf823.jpg

quote-the-religion-of-the-future-will-be-a-cosmic-religion-the-religion-which-based-on-experience-albert-einstein-61-69-74.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The only thing I like about Buddhism is the doing of good deeds for nirvana. I do lots of volunteer grassroots work, donate money regularly to charity and church. I probably have done a lot more good deeds both in deeds and money than the average sinkie loser. So I guess if I am a Buddhist, I am set for a better after-life. Hmm...

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only real religion is either Christianity or Islam. If Christianity is false, then probably Islam has to be the correct way.

I agreed with you if you are referring to religion as a political mass controlling tool, ethnicity and cultural cleansing by the thoroughness degree, no other religions known to mankind can claim 1st or 2nd. Islam and christianity have swapped the top 2 positions between them for many decades. Right now, Islam is way ahead in the top position. Christianity is weakened bloody much by secularism and separation of state from religion.

Since the inception of these two religions, the world cease to have peace....

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I agreed with you if you are referring to religion as a political mass controlling tool, ethnicity and cultural cleansing by the thoroughness degree, no other religions known to mankind can claim 1st or 2nd. Islam and christianity have swapped the top 2 positions between them for many decades. Right now, Islam is way ahead in the top position. Christianity is weakened bloody much by secularism and separation of state from religion.

Since the inception of these two religions, the world cease to have peace....

The separation of church and state had played a huge role in the development of liberty, commerce, science and the arts in Europe. And like you said, these have been achieved at the expense of the weakening of Christianity as a religion in Europe. Islam is filling the void in Europe by higher birth rates, mass influx of immigrants and refugees and simply by being tougher and fiercer. Christians today believe too much in turning the other cheek, while Islam has always been preaching a consistent message of slapping cheeks. We have to see which way is the right way.

Maybe Islam might win. So, I better make preparations to be their translator and grassroots volunteer when they proclaim their supermacy over your temples and churches. But I am also counting on Moslems getting sick of all the sectarian violence and giving up on Islam.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you 2 mudderfarkers argue non stop for fark? trying to prove who is the gongest of all ging chibai izzit? :oIo:

It is important to follow the correct religion. We want a better afterlife, not to burn in hell, and hopefully to be part of the master group when we are the dominant religion in the world or the region.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The only thing I like about Buddhism is the doing of good deeds for nirvana. I do lots of volunteer grassroots work, donate money regularly to charity and church. I probably have done a lot more good deeds both in deeds and money than the average sinkie loser. So I guess if I am a Buddhist, I am set for a better after-life. Hmm...

This shows your ignorance to Buddhism. Buddhism is not about doing good needs for Nirvana. To achieve Nirvana, your have to perfect you body in 8 different aspects

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhism is the biggest religion in Singapore, 33.3% or 1/3 of all Sinkies are Buddhists.

17% of the Sinkie population are atheists and fast growing, while 10.9% follow Taoism/Chinese traditional beliefs.

Christians of all denominations are only 18.3% of the Sinkie population.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Like this monk here?

There are a group of monks that went on to preserve their body. I cannot remember the reason, but it started as early as in the 13th or 14th century. My dates may be out because ot has been a long time since i read about it.