• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Church Goers vs Temple Goers.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Possible but not the only explanation.

Human beings are social animals. In some groups, it is not good to stick out like a sore thumb. So they dress in the same style as the others so as not to stand out.

Let me give you an example. In professional circles in many Western and some Asian cities, suit and tie is expected. While I don't a fark about that personally, there is little to be gained from going against the tide. So wear suit and tie and clients will focus on the substantive issues and not my style of dressing. Why does the farking PAP wear short sleeve white shirt and long pants only during election time but when meeting foreign dignatories wear suit and tie?

Christians have many denominations and sects. Try wearing to impress in a Trappist monastery. They make good beer, but that is another story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trappists

Obviously your analytical "abilities" leaves much to be desired. Now, go back to law school and start again from year one.

:oIo::kma:

Die liao claire will play the woman as a victim role and call you a bully.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from bro xingguy who posted the below thread on the saga that unfortunately the nutcase went scott free although a police report was lodged.
I think the poodles would handle differently if the target is Islam or Christianity.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?192274-Woman-Destroys-Taoist-Prayer-Items-At-HDB-Void-Deck

Thanks Faker. Pretty informative. Well, you can see that I may have rattled the so-called Christians here, citing Bible verses and so forth :smile:

My pleasure in meeting you her Faker. At least you have shown impartiality. :smile:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We went to Star Vista just now for a quick bite at Itacho. After, window shopped around the mall ∼ which irked me a bit as there aren't any aircon whenever you are outside a shop. Well, I can't complain, the designer of this mall must be trying to be eco-friendly but honestly, it's simply too humid for a mall like this to operate.

While window shopping, I met Jane (not her real name as I have no intention to "expose" anyone here).

After exchanging pleasantries, I commented why she is so well dressed on a lazy weekend. She replied, "Oh, Praise the Lord, I have accepted Christ now and today is the Lord's day, we must respect Him as we gather to worship Him".

Momentarily, I was stunned by her words. Never knew Jane was a Christian as I always thought she was Buddhist or whatever in law school days because once I went to her place and saw the Kwan Ying alter.

Feeling awkward by her exclamation of holiness, I changed the subject to work and we then parted.

I remember Jane in law school. She was never like that. If I am not wrong, she was often dressed plainly (though I would say too plainly or "poorly" dressed without any makeup whatsoever).

I told him about Jane in the car just now while going back to his place. He commented that such people are hypocrites (and in his exact words) ∼ "why these fxxkers last time go temple never wear nicely, but why now go church must dress well, fxxking hypocrites!!!".

I was like errr... but I guess there is some logic in what he said, minus those swear language.

Honestly, I am also puzzled why there is now a dress code for going Church on Sunday.

Well, it might be the epiphany ... the "ah-ha" revelation :

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.

New creation ... New wine... therefore New wineskins ... New identity ... New image .... New clothes...

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You see the difference once she got the ah-ha revelation

before.jpeg

after.jpeg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sister, it's called decorum. when in church, there's reverence for the almighty and the believers, and a woman must dress modest. but the same woman can "havoc" all she wants when she's not going to church and in the company of sinners. and reveal more skin. :p

image.jpg

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
sister, it's called decorum. when in church, there's reverence for the almighty and the believers, and a woman must dress modest. but the same woman can "havoc" all she wants when she's not going to church and in the company of sinners. and reveal more skin. :p

Good Morn Elder bro. :smile:

Sex, Greed and Materialism are now new pillars of Christianity, I suppose.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good morning weirdo

'Jane' should come to our church, we all dress the same during service

o-KKK-FLYER-facebook.jpg

P.S. we lynch 'colored' people not queers in this chapter, feel free to join if your skin color is other than 'dark' or 'black'

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good Morn Elder bro. :smile:

Sex, Greed and Materialism are now new pillars of Christianity, I suppose.

Most people associate prosperity with Christianity, notably Protestant Christianity. This has a lot more to do with the prosperity and stability of western countries, elite status of a number of mission schools and the perception that Christians in Singapore are better educated and more well-off than non-Christians. Not all Christians are rich though. There are Catholic Christian basket cases like the Pinoys and violence wrecked countries like Mexico.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most christian hypocrites would rub off the fact they are bribing Jesus for an afterlife which they treasure more than their parent who bring them up.

And no christian hypocrite would openly admit they give many times more money to the church than their own parent.

201501_066_Prosper_art_350_363_90.jpg

In Christianity it the 'heavenly father' up there that comes first before your own parents. It not uncommon to see christian converts dishonoring or abandoning their parents just because they didn't convert to Christianity.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Christianity it the 'heavenly father' up there that comes first before your own parents. It not uncommon to see christian converts dishonoring or abandoning their parents just because they didn't convert to Christianity.

So parents should convert to Christianity then. Problem solved.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't veer off from the points of the original questions.

Ooi, your first time in Sammboy is it?

1) Any thread can morph in unpredictable ways and that is allowed as long as it is related to the topic and not necessarily the specific questions put forth by some dumbass TS.

2) If you don't want people to veer from points of original questions then why the fark you bring up the unrelated topic of giving money to parents versus giving money to church in the first place. Stupid farktard!

3) It is not your place to tell others what they can say or not say. You not happy that I point out the fallacy of your "point", that is not my problem, you can either accept the fact that you are stupid or jolly well fark off from this forum!

:oIo::kma:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no dress code for attending church, I think those who "dress up" for church are just donning their "Sunday Best." They might meet someone they'd like to date, so is good planning to put on a "better front." BTW, no one is stopping temple worshippers from dressing up too, it is their free choice.

Cheers!

..................................................................................

Honestly, I am also puzzled why there is now a dress code for going Church on Sunday.