• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Cheng Bock Caught Red Handed Plotting Mischief With The Oppies! Time To Bring Him In For Questioning? GPGT

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a piece of good news :biggrin:

The 2nd half of 2018 will be very crucial for the oppositions to walk the ground every weekend and listen to the people financial concerns.

this year national day rally will comfirm it.

could be as early as Dec 2018 :biggrin:

2018-07-29 19.08.42.png

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this year national day rally will comfirm it.

could be as early as Dec 2018 :biggrin:

View attachment 45554
If Dr M can make a comeback at 92, Cheng Bock at 78 is still young. He is not old. If he makes a comeback to lead the Opp coalition, even lao Goh may make a comeback to serve in the PAP government. After all, he must be tired of playing golf every week. He wants to fight off Cheng Bock. That will be his last bit of contribution as SM.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Dr M can make a comeback at 92, Cheng Bock at 78 is still young. He is not old. If he makes a comeback to lead the Opp coalition, even lao Goh may make a comeback to serve in the PAP government. After all, he must be tired of playing golf every week. He wants to fight off Cheng Bock. That will be his last bit of contribution as SM.

Maybe we should offer Bock another directorship. Would that placate the disgruntled old fart?

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
These parties are often beset by infighting even within their own executive leadership teams, 7 of them together in a coalition!?

Tan Cheng Bock has also deftly avoided answering a well wisher who advised him not to mix around with "5th rate politicians" by knocking down a strawman argument about how Paul Tambiyah being a good guy and first rate doctor. The well wisher was not questioning Paul's abilities as a doctor or his moral character, but rather the incredibly bad professional track record of this collection of men in their profession as politicians and party leaders.

If these guys are as gutsy and willing to make way for a younger group of politicians as Tan Cheng Bock claims, why are all of them still holding on to their "leadership" positions in seven different political parties, one of which is not even registered yet? I will believe it when Chee Soon Juan, Goh Meng Seng, Tan Jee Say, Jeyaratnam, Sebestian Teo actually step down and make way for a new team to take over, otherwise this is nothing but conjecture or at best courtesy talk which Tan seems to have taken completely at face value.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
A strong pap will only deny them of parliament seats but a dominant opposition will eventually threaten their survival

The main motivating factor for opposition to form coalition is not to defeat pap but more in protecting their 'turf' from WP expansion.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
A strong pap will only deny them of parliament seats but a dominant opposition will eventually threaten their survival

The main motivating factor for opposition to form coalition is not to defeat pap but more in protecting their 'turf' from WP expansion.

If the vindictiveness of Goh Meng Seng and Kenneth Jeyaratnam are anything to go by, that is very likely the case. The sad part of this whole narrative is these people don't even have 'turf' to speak. Whatever territory they might harbor delusions of 'owning' is merely predicated on the fact they ran for election there before, not because they've build up a strong grassroots base or are anywhere close to winning that constituency in the near future.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tcb should know that perception is everything in politics. Regardless how noble and altruistic one's intentions are, it doesn't hide the fact that the public has very low opinion of our 3rd rated oppositions. It would be an uphill task for tcb to change that negative impression overnight. Since this is the case he might as well form his own party. At the very least he is not starting in negative territory as far as public perceptions are concern.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too be honest. If an average Singkie voter can be swayed by rubbish issues which do not affect them practically like: old fart die, national day, and pioneer package where they can take the money n vote someone else, than they are fucking retards that do not deserve a good opposition and unworthy of TCB to unite the oppos. I rather tcb stay at home n or go holidays. Enjoy his golden years. Stay n fight for an unworthy cause for wat? It's not soo simple for ah bock to unite the oppos n the strawmen will cause disruption. So he had to deal with the enemy within. N the pap will attack him relentlessly. Look at how he was treated at old farts wake? Look at how the pap treated him when he became the presidential candidate. With the shit he will get I rather he walk away. Bcos the Singkie is not worth it. One other point b4 the last GE. I always kpkb n blame pap....after the last GE..I woke up n the real blame falls on the Singkies. It's the Singkies that put pinky there..it's the Singkies that allowed pap to abuse its powers. So basically the Singkies can continue to get shafted by the pap.bcos that is what they vote for

2018-07-30 03.02.26.png

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not have high hopes of PAP booted out.

But, I hope at least before I kick the bucket, I can get to see MIWs loses its 2/3 majority and with only a slight majority left to be gotten rid of.

I will die a happy man.
It is not really about booting out pap.
Me dont think pap can just booted out easily as the evil root is too deep.
The idea is to allow more oppo seats in parliament so the ruling party wont just shoot their mouth randomly and milk the people money happily.
Singapore is not a private company.
Dont rule like an emperor when no money just simply increase the tax.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is a piece of good news :biggrin:

The 2nd half of 2018 will be very crucial for the oppositions to walk the ground every weekend and listen to the people financial concerns.

What the hell can any government do to solve financial concerns of individuals. Those who are poor under the PAP will be just as poor if the PAP is booted out.

No political party can save people from themselves.