• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Cheng Bock Caught Red Handed Plotting Mischief With The Oppies! Time To Bring Him In For Questioning? GPGT

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the hell can any government do to solve financial concerns of individuals. Those who are poor under the PAP will be just as poor if the PAP is booted out.

No political party can save people from themselves.

Financial concerns like unpaid utility bills, poor family need more bursary and basic living expenses.

WP must increase their house visits to 4 times a month and help to solve all these problems.

WP must do everything to defend Aljunied GRC seats.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Financial concerns like unpaid utility bills, poor family need more bursary and basic living expenses.

WP must increase their house visits to 4 times a month and help to solve all these problems.

WP must do everything to defend Aljunied GRC seats.

So what this means is that people who work hard to make ends meet and pay their bills on time have no incentive to do so anymore.

All they have to do is let the bills pile up and then get someone else to pay the bills for them.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the hell can any government do to solve financial concerns of individuals. Those who are poor under the PAP will be just as poor if the PAP is booted out.
No political party can save people from themselves.
What you said is true too
Help yourself be self independant, self support, self supply, no need to kowtow beg for help, under others mercy, fate in other ppl hand.
My belief is get rich or die trying:roflmao:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what this means is that people who work hard to make ends meet and pay their bills on time have no incentive to do so anymore.

All they have to do is let the bills pile up and then get someone else to pay the bills for them.

They are a lot of needy jobless sinkies who are like that.

They let the political party pay for all these bills for them.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
PJ Tham did an analysis on why pap won. And despite his explanation. It all sums up the Singkies psyche that they are unworthy to have strong opposition bcos they enjoy pap shafting. I mean things like prisoner dilemma...wtf? U vote bcos pap fuck up...who else vote yr concern meh?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEWS
COMMENT: The PAP should get a move on…
Bertha Henson30 July 2018, 3:30 AM GMT
0a0315c573c6f4b853bf7547149dc856

Dr Tan Cheng Bock in 2017. (Yahoo Singapore file photo)
For a country that is said to be politically apathetic, we seem to have no dearth of political views. Dr Tan Cheng Bock’s possible foray into opposition politics has got tongues wagging at a faster speed than usual. One camp welcomes his possible entry as a shot in the arm for opposition politics, while the other derides him for attempting to do a “Mahathir” resurrection. Then there are those who think he shouldn’t associate himself with “losers” and tarnish his political reputation. That he should stand as an independent candidate.
I think the opposition’s courting of Dr Tan is only to be expected. For years, the motley crew of smaller players hasn’t been able to come close to even winning a parliamentary seat. It doesn’t help that the Workers’ Party has never seemed keen to lead the pack, preferring to build its own image and following.

And it is still sticking to its position. Asked about the WP’s absence at the talks with Dr Tan, its media spokesman Daniel Goh would only say that the party “is going through a leadership transition and is focused on organisation-building to better serve Singaporeans”.
Note that even Mr Chiam See Tong’s Singapore People’s Party did not throw its hat into the ring, although he had initiated such an alliance in the past. His wife SPP chairman Lina Chiam said its priority is “intensive ground engagement to understand the feelings and sentiment of Singaporeans”. But, she added, “we are open to having a conversation with Dr Tan Cheng Bock to hear his views and thoughts about the future of Singapore”.
(Take a look at the quotes. They’ve certainly learnt to speak like bureaucrats.)
So an opposition alliance without the WP and SPP?
Besides the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), National Solidarity Party (NSP), People’s Power Party (PPP), Democratic Progressive Party, Reform Party, Singaporeans First, the “alliance” includes an unregistered party called Peoples Voice, which former NSP chief Lim Tean has applied to form.
In my view, while including the WP would be good for electoral purposes, it’s worth noting that it doesn’t share a common vision or philosophy with the rest other than being anti-People’s Action Party.
For better or for worse, WP’s former chief Low Thia Kiang has always eschewed the driver’s seat, preferring the role of a checker in Parliament. It has yet to be seen if new leader Pritam Singh will set a different direction.
But the opposition “alliance” aren’t coy about their intentions at all. This is what Mr Lim Teansaid in a speech at the Saturday meeting with Dr Tan: “Our Alliance must strive to form the next Government in the upcoming General Elections. We must offer real change to better the lives of Singaporeans. We must be a real alternative.”
Evidently, he’s caught the Malaysian bug, and believes that the PAP can be trounced by a Singapore version of Pakatan Harapan. Mr Lim also suggested that people who think otherwise are “in denial” and cites the “winds of change”.
I don’t think the Singapore situation is anywhere like the circumstances that led to the downfall of Barisan Nasional. We are beset by problems of prosperity, which is what I call income inequality. We grumble about car park fees for teachers and whether our meritocratic system can carry us forward. Our G leaders might seem callous to us (cue rise in gas, water and electricity prices), but they are not corrupt. Our economy is still humming along. And while there are things that bug us (and will always bug us) in the economic, social and political landscape, I don’t think we’re doing badly at all.
But I do think the PAP should sit up and take notice of what’s happening at the other end of the political spectrum. The WP has a new leader. The motley crew seems eager to get its act together. On the other hand, the PAP appears to have flubbed the political succession process – despite what it might say about giving potential successors time to cut their teeth.
Yes, it seems to be doing its damnedest to put the contenders in the public eye, and to have them interact with people. I guess this is so that the public would have a measure of the person who would finally become first among equals. But I wish the PAP would just hold a vote among its members to decide the issue, because the public certainly doesn’t have a say in who becomes Prime Minister – not at least till the general election.
It might be true that people vote for the political party and not the individual. But by party, they look at the man – or woman – in charge. That person is the personification of the political party and what it stands for. And we must have time to measure the person against Dr Tan, if and when he decides to take up offer of opposition leadership.
I know what people will now say. That it’s not just the party or the person, but the policies. Sure, and that’s a great advantage the PAP has. But it’s nice to know there is a face behind them.
Related stories:
Tan Cheng Bock open to leading proposed opposition coalition
Opposition politicians that I met are not ‘3rd rate’: Tan Cheng Bock

101 reactions
What to read next

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without WP the coalition will fail. Ppl don’t vote that coalition just on TCB alone. Copy mudland also must copy smartly not wholesale.

Go try turn GCT and band with WP.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let see how many seats can this new coalition win.

If they can win a single member constituency, I will consider this new coalition as very successful :inlove:

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Let see how many seats can this new coalition win.

If they can win a single member constituency, I will consider this new coalition as very successful :inlove:

TCB mentioned they'd go in as a team, they will fuck the PAP hard, I'm looking at 5 members walking abreast into the arse of a PAP-held constituency.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB mentioned they'd go in as a team, they will fuck the PAP hard, I'm looking at 5 members walking abreast into the arse of a PAP-held constituency.

Go contest at Holland-Bukit Timah GRC and a big swing is needed to win but possible :sneaky:

Hence Dr Tan become Tun Dr Mahathir of Sinkieland and Dr Chee become the new household hero for the sinkies :roflmao:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN that's where the minister for sinkie losers comes in - vote for my uncle KNN

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are still :poop: but if Dr Tan contest say Potong Pasir (if still exist the next round) he has a very good chance of winning it. Hence he will become the first opposition MP deflecting from the ruling party :ninja:
Dr Tan's strength is in his old constituency,,the problem his old seat is under Tartman,,and tartman is very popular. so Ah bock is between a rock and a hard place. I do see a positive is This Oppo Front should contest Holland Bukit Timah...(just my 2 cents) bcos Vivian is not that popular,,and the atas folks seem to support the oppos more than the HDB ones, but since its the west etc,,,AH bock might be able to draw in the crowd,,,but all in all the West is a tough nut to crack,,,all damn pro PAP,,,or AH Bock has to target the weak PAP MPs,,but that also no guarantee

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then the new coalition should use all their resources ($) in contesting say 8 single members constituencies and hopefully they can win 1 seat :inlove:
The problem is the gerrymandering that PAP can always use to ensure even the oppos cannot have 1 seat. but if singkies vote the oppos,,no matter how u gerrymander also no use,

Its up to the singkies to vote properly,,if they happy with pap,,,than i think the opposition should just wrap up and go home. no point waste time in fighting for an unworthy cause. becos singkies have proven themselves to be unworthy. Just look at the last erection,

Last edited: